Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Gotcha! That’s definitely true. Guys will be guys. 

The better the hooch the more men will do for it.  Ask any Bourbon drinker what they would do for a glass of Pappy....Shelly would have a ton more messages of that was part of the deal😉

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Best served cold said:

I hate to be the Debbie downer here, but I just don't think Meyer is the guy for us. I mean I had a dream last night that I was eating Shelley's ass when CUM walked in on us and just watched. That totally reeks of LDE. Sorry to break it to everyone, But CUM does not have that BDE that we need. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

We have it in Austin too. But that’s a bit far to drive for some hooch! Ha!

Yeah, that's like 1700 miles away. But hey, I'm good for it. I'll pick it up later.

(Actually bought a bottle of that exact hooch and some Weller Special Reserve for my BIL in London for Christmas - I hate the prices over there but he's a great guy and loves bourbon, plus he keeps my sister on the other side of the pond.) 😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

What a fucking show off. I only finished with a 2.6.

Look at the big brain on David.

I graduated after 5 1/2 years with something like a 2.0059 gpa. 1 cumulative grade point above an exact 2.0. After 169 hours. Squeaked by like Spicoli.

Beat that, you got damn rocket surgeons, lol.

• Like 3

At least two NFL teams have reached out to Urban Meyer to see whether the former Ohio State coach would be interested in interviewing for -- if not accepting -- a head-coaching job at the next level, league sources told ESPN.

Meyer, according to a source connected to one of those teams, did not dismiss the overtures and is considering whether to make the jump to the NFL. He intends to decide in the next week, before the NFL regular season is over, and teams expect to hear his decision in the coming days

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30605057/sources-nfl-teams-ask-urban-meyer-interest-return-coaching

• Haha 1

If he's worried about risking success because he didn't have HIS guys in place, why would he risk it by going to a completely unknown environment?

He'd be more likely to succeed by staying in college and finding guys who can fill the roles of the guys he might not be able to come with him.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Yep. Epic games for both. Fitzmagic still has it. Goes ballistic at just the right time. Crazy he can’t be consistent. Be cool for him to end his season with a playoff appearance. The bearded one deserves to close out his career on that kind of note if this season is it for him. 

If you catch Fitz on the right wave, he could win a SB

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Atticus said:

If he's worried about risking success because he didn't have HIS guys in place, why would he risk it by going to a completely unknown environment?

He'd be more likely to succeed by staying in college and finding guys who can fill the roles of the guys he might not be able to come with him.

I'll take a stab.  It's not a real risk to his legacy.  He saw Nick at 53 go to the NFL (Urban is 56) mess around for a few years and then land back in college to wreck shop at Alabama.  Nobody when talking about Nick Saban says, "oh but that two years at the Dolphins were pretty damn mediocre".  So it either works or it doesn't.  If it works and he could pull off a SB he becomes the guy who won in two places in college AND the NFL supplanting Jimmy, Pete, and Barry (who I give zero credit to personally) And if it isn't working he figures like Nick did with Alabama that some place like USC, Notre Dame, hell maybe us will have an opening and he can jump right out of the bad situation.  Frankly not a ton of downside.

I know, I know....limp dick and all.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1