Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

People who stay late at work to just chat. I have some co-workers and bosses who literally just sit and talk for like 30 mins when they are off about the worst bullshit. Recipes, kids, work stories. I'm in the criminal justice field, and everyone also likes to talk about their horrible cases. When it's my time to get off, I'm fucking gone usually. And I'm close with my coworkers, but they never shut the fuck up and stay sooo much later just making small chat about nothing, then also complain about long hours...the fuckkk.

I swear Houston has the most moronic drivers on the planet.  It fucking rains here. If you are incapable of driving when it is only fucking sprinkling outside you need to call 1-800-cars-4kids and donate your vehicle you dipship, fuckwad, douchebags. Ride the damn bus you dick lick mother fuckers.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2

19 hours ago, hundredTT said:

People who stay late at work to just chat. I have some co-workers and bosses who literally just sit and talk for like 30 mins when they are off about the worst bullshit. Recipes, kids, work stories. I'm in the criminal justice field, and everyone also likes to talk about their horrible cases. When it's my time to get off, I'm fucking gone usually. And I'm close with my coworkers, but they never shut the fuck up and stay sooo much later just making small chat about nothing, then also complain about long hours...the fuckkk.

So you are complaining about people who stay at work after you leave?  That doesn't really seem like a problem to me.

I swear Houston has the most moronic drivers on the planet.  It fucking rains here. If you are incapable of driving when it is only fucking sprinkling outside you need to call 1-800-cars-4kids and donate your vehicle you dipship, fuckwad, douchebags. Ride the damn bus you dick lick mother fuckers.
This is the DFW as well. It's gotten worst in the last decade as well with the influx of people moving here.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/29/2022 at 1:40 AM, hundredTT said:

This sounds like some people that are actively trying to avoid going home. I used to do that shit too, then I got divorced. Now I try to sneak out early every chance I get.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sandman said:

This sounds like some people that are actively trying to avoid going home. I used to do that shit too, then I got divorced. Now I try to sneak out early every chance I get.

A lot of people stay late doing virtually nothing to make it look like they're working later than they really are.

On 8/29/2022 at 8:11 PM, Biff Tannen said:

So you are complaining about people who stay at work after you leave?  That doesn't really seem like a problem to me.

No, I work 2-10 pm. There will be people who get off at the typical 5pm, stop by our offices, and end up talking for like 30+ minutes to coworkers, especially one that's area is right by mine (this lady never shuts up, one of those people who just can't have silence and will just start random convos when it is quiet). I get it sometimes we get drawn into a random conversation, but this is like a daily thing. It's like go fucking home. I don't care about little joey's swimming lessons and what your making for dinner when I'm focused on work.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, General Specific said:

To add on, who are the fuck sticks that drive in the rain with hazards flashing? Fuck you mother fucker, get off the fucking road!

I appreciate them self-identifying as...hazards.

23 hours ago, General Specific said:

To add on, who are the fuck sticks that drive in the rain with hazards flashing? Fuck you mother fucker, get off the fucking road!

I drive a black truck. When driving in a sudden massive cloudburst, the kind that looks like someone opened a water tower over your truck, causing you to slow down suddenly, I’ll flash them on until the rain returns to a normal rate. I’ve been driving on Texas freeways for 40 years and have seen how many idiots there are that don’t slow down no matter the visibility. I don’t want them riding up on me. 

Same thing when I’m going highway speeds and suddenly have to slow down to less than 10 mph. I’ve seen far too many rear-end accidents by people that aren’t paying attention and until I have a car slowed down behind me, I’ll call that guy’s attention to the fact that he’d better slow the f down in a hurry. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I drive a black truck. When driving in a sudden massive cloudburst, the kind that looks like someone opened a water tower over your truck, causing you to slow down suddenly, I’ll flash them on until the rain returns to a normal rate. I’ve been driving on Texas freeways for 40 years and have seen how many idiots there are that don’t slow down no matter the visibility. I don’t want them riding up on me. 

Same thing when I’m going highway speeds and suddenly have to slow down to less than 10 mph. I’ve seen far too many rear-end accidents by people that aren’t paying attention and until I have a car slowed down behind me, I’ll call that guy’s attention to the fact that he’d better slow the f down in a hurry. 

Well I’ve been driving around Houston since the 80’s as well. Seen many accident as well. If your going to pull that hazard flashing shit, get the fuck out of the left hand lanes. Buy better tires. Non police policeing others, fuck off with that shit!

1 hour ago, General Specific said:

Well I’ve been driving around Houston since the 80’s as well. Seen many accident as well. If your going to pull that hazard flashing shit, get the fuck out of the left hand lanes. Buy better tires. Non police policeing others, fuck off with that shit!

C'mon GS, you know good and damned well that under severe weather visibility is for shit.  It may not necessarily have anything to do with speed, but visibility.  I can't count how many times over the years that the only reason I was able to see the vehicle in front of me was because of the flashers.  I sometimes turn mine on to keep some idiot from running over me because they couldn't see me.

Granted there are folks who turn them on during a mild sprinkle,  but I would tend to think that's a rare exception rather than the rule. 

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I am posting this here and not in the Parking Douchebaggery thread because technically the red Honda is parked properly between the stripes but could have moved closer to the curb to allow more room on the passenger side.  That is my truck barely visible to the right.  I typically try to park far away from any one else to avoid situations like this but this was at a doctor's office and parking was limited.  Fortunately I did not notice a ding on my door.  Now the Ford truck to the left is clearly improperly parked.

2059674666_parking082022.thumb.jpg.3921f13fc816046348d65dece33b9a47.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, nnm said:

Team no-flashers unless you actually have an issue or emergency and in those cases move over to the right hand lane.  If only there was some sort of an indicator on the back of our vehicles to notify drivers behind us that we are slowing down. 

Also, flashing light related:  Fuck those construction crew guy that have those super bright flashing red and blue led lights. What happened to just using amber as a caution?   Drivers in the opposite lanes will slow way the fuck down expecting an accident that may have spilled over in to their side of the road and its a white F250 construction truck right up against the jersey barrier.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 9:48 AM, Bevo&Pevo said:

If one is so uncomfortable as to drive slow with flashers then perhaps the best move is to just pull over and stop.  

Or just call 1-800-cars4kids, donate your car, and ride the damn bus.  Just let those of us who can actually drive on the road

The fact that the de facto rule in Austin is “yield on a green light, because 50% of the time, some fucker is gonna blow through the red.” Was literally just bitching about this to GOLL last week….and then my wife got smacked on Saturday by a dumbass who blew the through a red, never even slowed down. Dumbass totaled her car and broke her arm, because in Austin, red lights are barely even a suggestion to stop. Fucking dickbag.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

On 8/31/2022 at 11:34 PM, mininghorn88 said:

I am posting this here and not in the Parking Douchebaggery thread because technically the red Honda is parked properly between the stripes but could have moved closer to the curb to allow more room on the passenger side.  That is my truck barely visible to the right.  I typically try to park far away from any one else to avoid situations like this but this was at a doctor's office and parking was limited.  Fortunately I did not notice a ding on my door.  Now the Ford truck to the left is clearly improperly parked.

2059674666_parking082022.thumb.jpg.3921f13fc816046348d65dece33b9a47.jpg

People that don't hug the curb when parking on an end spot like do make me irrationally surly. Even worse when it's a right curb so you know they have to open their door towards your vehicle to get in. All that wasted space...

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The fact that the de facto rule in Austin is “yield on a green light, because 50% of the time, some fucker is gonna blow through the red.” Was literally just bitching about this to GOLL last week….and then my wife got smacked on Saturday by a dumbass who blew the through a red, never even slowed down. Dumbass totaled her car and broke her arm, because in Austin, red lights are barely even a suggestion to stop. Fucking dickbag.

That really sucks. How is she doing now?

That really sucks. How is she doing now?

Pissed off that her arm’s in a sling, her car is gone, and she likely won’t get in to see an orthopedist before we leave town on Wednesday. Still can’t straighten the arm all the way, bruised all to hell. So, in a super great mood.
I may offer the insurance co a $1000 break on the settlement if they let me beat the shit out of the other driver.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 11:29 AM, General Specific said:

When it's a downpour with 20 foot visibility and there are fucking idiots with no lights on at all and still hauling ass, usually in some form of brodozer, ME.

I don't drive any slower than is necessary, but I don't want that fucking idiot in the brodozer to plow me over when his 34s hydroplane.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Pissed off that her arm’s in a sling, her car is gone, and she likely won’t get in to see an orthopedist before we leave town on Wednesday. Still can’t straighten the arm all the way, bruised all to hell. So, in a super great mood.
I may offer the insurance co a $1000 break on the settlement if they let me beat the shit out of the other driver.

What was his excuse for running the red?  Sun in his eyes? He had the green?  (It’s never their fault.)

The annual reorganization of all the products on the shelves at the grocery store so you don’t know where anything is anymore. They do this intentionally to break you from your habit of knowing what you want, where it is, and not browsing anything that you might purchase on impulse. And now they’re rearranging the store while at the same time they’re expanding parking space for “curbside delivery” orders. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My biggest complaint at HEB is constantly having to jump out of the way of order pickers hauling ass through the aisles with their faces buried in their phones.  I'm thinking about letting the next one run me over and then suing them for big bucks.  Of course, then I'd be shopping at Randall's or Kroger.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The annual reorganization of all the products on the shelves at the grocery store so you don’t know where anything is anymore. They do this intentionally to break you from your habit of knowing what you want, where it is, and not browsing anything that you might purchase on impulse. And now they’re rearranging the store while at the same time they’re expanding parking space for “curbside delivery” orders. 

Annual my ass. Some reorganize monthly if not more often.   They've got to trick you into walking by more stuff you might be tempted to buy. 

On 8/27/2022 at 1:40 PM, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

The rate at which grey nose hairs grow.

Same with freaking ear hair. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Annual my ass. Some reorganize monthly if not more often.   They've got to trick you into walking by more stuff you might be tempted to buy. 

I had to purchase a trimmer for such things a few years ago.  Made me feel old and surly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Eyebrow hairs. What the hell?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My biggest complaint at HEB is constantly having to jump out of the way of order pickers hauling ass through the aisles with their faces buried in their phones.  I'm thinking about letting the next one run me over and then suing them for big bucks.  Of course, then I'd be shopping at Randall's or Kroger.

Sue for the store, fire the fucker with the phone attached to his face, and keep it open 24 hours.