Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Just now, Grade of D as in David said:

Only way that's happening is if Cheney tells him to.

He didn't stop being a puppet when he left the Oval.

Perhaps, but Cheney is no Trump fan either.  The old school oligarchs and anti-regulation Republicans are all anti Trump because they see the writing on the wall. The only ones left are the racist and handmaid tale Republicans, along with a bunch of grifters.

If Cheney controlled W's puppet, he would have already made it happen. A Trump second term pretty much ends this whole thing. Less money for oil oligarchs (US ones at least). Less money for the military industrial complex. You know how we hired up German and Japanese scientists during and after WW2?  Europe will start doing that to us openly and offer stability and PPP.  But China will also be doing it and offering fiefdoms in return. 

We may survive a Trump second term. But we may not. Either way, we will be entirely unstable both economically and socially, and we will have a noticeable brain drain which will take decades to undo.  In every fascist turn for a democracy, reelection is where the dominoes start to fall. The first election and term may seem bad while its happening, but power isn't consolidated until after the second election. Trump's favorite example of Venezuela is one of the best examples of this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Note.....to my special MS-13 insurance offer, add a "and MS-13 isn't wearing a mask" rider.  I'm gonna make so, so, SO much fucking money.
Set the groundwork in motion. Ill start selling Trump merch so we have established sales numbers for our investors to the east. If we run out of time we still win by peddling grievances

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

As a black guy in the burbs, I go out of the way to make sure my neighbors are comfortable. That way I can go for a jog in peace and not rest in peace!!!

I am honestly sorry that where we are as a country right now still has yourself and many, many others having to take steps like this to help ensure your own safety. You should be able to enjoy a nice jog in the evening without having a justifiable fear that someone might decide your time is up.

It upsets me to know how much more progress still has to be made in order for yourself and millions of others to be able to achieve basic equality in this country. We all just have to keep fighting until it happens. Good on you though my man for being proactive and realizing what you have to, or better yet forced to do in this current racially unstable climate, by taking steps to make sure everyone knows you in the area where you live.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Perhaps, but Cheney is no Trump fan either.  The old school oligarchs and anti-regulation Republicans are all anti Trump because they see the writing on the wall. The only ones left are the racist and handmaid tale Republicans, along with a bunch of grifters.

If Cheney controlled W's puppet, he would have already made it happen. A Trump second term pretty much ends this whole thing. Less money for oil oligarchs (US ones at least). Less money for the military industrial complex. You know how we hired up German and Japanese scientists during and after WW2?  Europe will start doing that to us openly and offer stability and PPP.  But China will also be doing it and offering fiefdoms in return. 

We may survive a Trump second term. But we may not. Either way, we will be entirely unstable both economically and socially, and we will have a noticeable brain drain which will take decades to undo.  In every fascist turn for a democracy, reelection is where the dominoes start to fall. The first election and term may seem bad while its happening, but power isn't consolidated until after the second election. Trump's favorite example of Venezuela is one of the best examples of this. 

he has to behave if he wants to get a third term. 

6 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Obama nailed it. But if we want to keep having a country, W needs to step up and give the same speech. I know W is no Trump fan, but he tries not to criticize the party.  Time to break that mold and take his party back by unloading on Trump. 

LOL at hoping W will come to the rescue.  Did eight years of pure incompetence not show you enough?

He can go pound sand with the rest of them.  Fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

This is great.
Not sure about you but I was taught at an early age to code switch for some of the very reasons you’ve brought up in this reply and your initial post. 
We all were. That's why the Black guy nod was created after all.

But in all seriousness. Code switching is critical to our survival, and a sad reality all at the same time. You impress me more and more Pancho. Clearly you've studied.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

This is great.

Not sure about you but I was taught at an early age to code switch for some of the very reasons you’ve brought up in this reply and your initial post. 

His post should be stickied to the top of the DT and every single one of those posters hiding in their safe space there should have to read it.

• Hook 'Em 6

Let me be candid and honest here my man. I cannot be sympathetic to your comments because this is how adult life has always been. From the moment I stepped out of my home and headed off to college I have always been a small percentage of the population. Outside of Atlanta, the more money you make, the further away from the Black Community you are, and it happens really quickly. Every job you take. Every community you move to. Every school your kid goes to. All the same. So you have two choices. Make people walk on eggshells around you at the office all day long, or crack a couple Black jokes and watch the "oh, I can kinda be myself around this one" expressions as nervous laughter turns to comfortable over time.

This may not seem ideal from the outside looking in, but it's how we have to operate if we wanna break the color lines for the next generation. As a Black guy out here you realize pretty quick that you are "the Black friend" to your White coworkers, neighbors, and your kid's friend's parents. So in the interest of civility you go out of your way to make everyone in the presence of you comfortable with you, as you are the outlier to their otherwise regular existence.

If there is one thing Trump has shown me it's this. People can say it's tax cuts. People can say whatever they want. But for a large majority Trump is protecting their fragile view of what America is supposed to be. Where certain demographics are supposed to be in the pecking order, and where they are supposed to live. That is why they can excuse all the bullshit. All the rhetoric. All the illegal activities, and efforts to turn the US into a dictatorship. They want to make sure they don't have to walk outside and look around and see faces that don't look like theirs. They don't want to deal with other cultures. They don't want to have to watch the things they say, or think about how they are offending someone. For a lot it's not so much racism as it is an aversion to tolerism. Trump embodies anti tolerism and they love him for it. Thus they will follow him anywhere, even to the depths of hell.

I hate that this outstanding post is going to get buried in this thread the next time trump does some trump nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

George Will, who is one of the most intelligent men in the world and who is very anti Trump made this statement yesterday....

The Republican Party had “eagerly surrendered its self-respect” in the Trump era, Will lamented, warning that “having hitched its wagon to a plummeting cinder” it “is about to have a rendezvous with a surly electorate wielding a truncheon.”

I admit I had to look up "truncheon".

The guy is brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

George Will, who is one of the most intelligent men in the world and who is very anti Trump made this statement yesterday....

The Republican Party had “eagerly surrendered its self-respect” in the Trump era, Will lamented, warning that “having hitched its wagon to a plummeting cinder” it “is about to have a rendezvous with a surly electorate wielding a truncheon.”

The guy is brilliant.

correct breaking bad GIF

The Republican Party had “eagerly surrendered its self-respect” in the Trump era, Will lamented, warning that “having hitched its wagon to a plummeting cinder” it “is about to have a rendezvous with a surly electorate wielding a truncheon

The guy is brilliant.

I did as well. To save other posters the time, here is one.

928f3c39d57e7b4b91dfb4f7008a0fc1.jpg

But it just as well be one of these. I think I’ll make a Fah Q Trumper truncheon.

c6e2b890f4dd25b423ae390d1de31ccb.jpg

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Let me be candid and honest here my man. I cannot be sympathetic to your comments because this is how adult life has always been. From the moment I stepped out of my home and headed off to college I have always been a small percentage of the population. Outside of Atlanta, the more money you make, the further away from the Black Community you are, and it happens really quickly. Every job you take. Every community you move to. Every school your kid goes to. All the same. So you have two choices. Make people walk on eggshells around you at the office all day long, or crack a couple Black jokes and watch the "oh, I can kinda be myself around this one" expressions as nervous laughter turns to comfortable over time.

This may not seem ideal from the outside looking in, but it's how we have to operate if we wanna break the color lines for the next generation. As a Black guy out here you realize pretty quick that you are "the Black friend" to your White coworkers, neighbors, and your kid's friend's parents. So in the interest of civility you go out of your way to make everyone in the presence of you comfortable with you, as you are the outlier to their otherwise regular existence.

If there is one thing Trump has shown me it's this. People can say it's tax cuts. People can say whatever they want. But for a large majority Trump is protecting their fragile view of what America is supposed to be. Where certain demographics are supposed to be in the pecking order, and where they are supposed to live. That is why they can excuse all the bullshit. All the rhetoric. All the illegal activities, and efforts to turn the US into a dictatorship. They want to make sure they don't have to walk outside and look around and see faces that don't look like theirs. They don't want to deal with other cultures. They don't want to have to watch the things they say, or think about how they are offending someone. For a lot it's not so much racism as it is an aversion to tolerism. Trump embodies anti tolerism and they love him for it. Thus they will follow him anywhere, even to the depths of hell.

I would not expect that. I protested for the first time in my life this summer. I went to DC after seeing George Floyd’s death and then seeing what happened to the protesters that were cleared for a freaking photo op for our big, dumb president. What I did at the three dozen or so marches I attended between NYC and DC was just listen. I listened to stories that went into great detail about police violence. Families torn apart by the Child Welfare system. Black women who were beaten and ignored by the system that is supposed to protect them. I just listened though. Listening is powerful in that I learn about how millions of people are forced to operate in America just to survive, more so it gives people the chance to be heard and that is what millions of people want. 

I will never walk a day in your shoes or have to be treated differently because of the color of my skin, but one day when I start a family my children will solely because of being bi-racial. I would like to hope the world they enter into is better than the one we currently live in. I have a friend I have known since we sang in a church choir 20 years ago in Oak Cliff in Dallas and she has two young sons now. Her and her husband are preparing for that day when they explain to their boys about what to do when a police officer approaches. I will never know that fear of the police, but the kids I have one day will have to face that reality. We live in such a messed up country and we have way too many people trying to drag us back to the 1950’s

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The guy is brilliant.

My husband and I don't often agree with his takes, but we both give him credit for having a way with words.

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:
Normal campaign.

This President is the biggest titty baby I have seen in my life. Born on third base and managed to stupidly get hit with the ball on his way to home.

Always a victim, wah wah wah. That 'nasty' woman was mean to him, wah wah wah.

I'd read or saw somthing about his mother being ill when he was a baby and thus he was separated from her for a spell and one wonders if that is part of his women issues (besides simply straight misogyny). Ironic, isn't it? That the unintelligent, spiteful, hateful, nasty creation in the WH would endorse a policy that takes children away from their parents because the cruelty is the point. His ego is such that he believes it to be a positive force instead of the monstrous damaging torture of a child. In the best of times it is a hardship that could have been overcome (in his case with the involvement of wealthy connected parents), but the 'lost' children will suffer untold grief for the rest of their lives.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Obama nailed it. But if we want to keep having a country, W needs to step up and give the same speech. I know W is no Trump fan, but he tries not to criticize the party.  Time to break that mold and take his party back by unloading on Trump. 

That would be great but he's the incompetent moron who laid the groundwork for Trumpism. He's not a man of character. His administration foreshadowed all of Trump's outrages, Trump just turned them all up to 11. Take the Party back? He's part of the problem. A huge part. He's an anti-intellectual enemy of science; he's unstudied, unread, ignorant of history, and the prototype for the "useful idiot" President. 

Dubya isn't respected around the world. His only hope of getting paid $300K for a speech is to stay in the good graces of the Republican Party because they're the only ones who will pay him to speak. The Bush family also has a lot of shared business interests with the Saudis so you know he doesn't want to piss them off and Donald Trump is very, very good to the Saudis. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

I did as well. To save other posters the time, here is one.

928f3c39d57e7b4b91dfb4f7008a0fc1.jpg

But it just as well be one of these. I think I’ll make a Fah Q Trumper truncheon.

c6e2b890f4dd25b423ae390d1de31ccb.jpg

I've seen that movie 100 times and I never noticed that his paddle said "Boomer."  Makes total sense O'Bannon would be an OU fan.  He's an asshole, he's a fucking idiot, and only understands violence.  

9 hours ago, staboner said:

you guys remember when Trump was elected and we had the "what will I tell my kids with Trump as president" thread? it was a damn good question for those of us who understand umm, I dunno, anything really. But low and behold the fake conservative mouth breathers on the site had to skewer that poster and his lackluster, shitty parenting. just hilariously out of sync with reality.

To be fair, that thread was more about the OP than the Trump Administration.  IIRC, he was the guy talking about taking a loan to pay for daycare while he overextended himself living in NYC and refusing to make a lifestyle change after having a kid.

He had a number of similar, doofy and semi-hysterical posts.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

My husband and I don't often agree with his takes, but we both give him credit for having a way with words.

This President is the biggest titty baby I have seen in my life. Born on third base and managed to stupidly get hit with the ball on his way to home.

Always a victim, wah wah wah. That 'nasty' woman was mean to him, wah wah wah.

I'd read or saw somthing about his mother being ill when he was a baby and thus he was separated from her for a spell and one wonders if that is part of his women issues (besides simply straight misogyny). Ironic, isn't it? That the unintelligent, spiteful, hateful, nasty creation in the WH would endorse a policy that takes children away from their parents because the cruelty is the point. His ego is such that he believes it to be a positive force instead of the monstrous damaging torture of a child. In the best of times it is a hardship that could have been overcome (in his case with the involvement of wealthy connected parents), but the 'lost' children will suffer untold grief for the rest of their lives.

I have zero doubt that his home life as a child was a disaster.  An abusive, neglectful environment.  As stated previously, if he was merely a private citizen, it would be sad and pitiable.

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Great post.  Thanks for that insight.

It's just flat out fear of change.

Fellow upwardly mobile black guy here and this post is spot fucking on.
  • Hook 'Em 3

I'll tell you the #1 reason I'm voting for Joe Biden: empathy. I miss having a President that truly gave a shit what people were going through. Compare Trump's reactions to disasters with that of Obama or W. I want someone who will be the nation's ideal father again. Sadly, I think we got someone who speaks for a lot of the nation's fathers. The nation's ugly, hate-filled, Facebook/Fox News bubble dads that you find yourself visiting less and less. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 8

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

And then that racist douchebag you told that black joke to uses it as an excuse to tell more hateful, racist jokes. He tells the joke he heard from his "black friends," (i.e. black guys he works with but doesn't engage with socially), and then tells a joke to his white friends that he'd never say to your face. 

I know this guy. I don't even recall the joke the black guys at work told him, ('See, I can't be racist!'), but it was pretty funny. All I can remember is that he then went on to tell a joke that I originally heard as targeting Michigan fans. It's about a truck driver who swerves to hit every Michigan fan he sees walking on the side of the road. He picks up a hitch hiking priest, sees a Michigan fan walking on the side of the road, starts to swerve at him but holds back because of the priest. The priest says, "Don't worry, I got him with the door." You could adapt that story for any sports rivalry. It's also told as a joke about lawyers. The gag is that whoever the target is should be a universally accepted villain among the target audience. The guy I know told the joke about the truck driver targeting black people. You can't find that funny unless you implicitly think that black people as a class deserve to suffer. 

I may forward a copy of your post to him. I don't know if I can reach him. 

49 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

First, repped Thatguy's post above, one of the best, most honest posts on this board I've seen.

Second...since immigrations issues are coming up again.....if, lord willing, we get a new administration, they absolutely must investigate all of these charges.  Because, IF TRUE (and right now, they are allegations), they constitute systemic crimes against humanity.  Forced sterilizations, torture, systemic rape of detainees, denial of basic food and medical care, the genocidal act of separating children from their parents.....all of those absolutely meet the definition of crimes against humanity.  Any ONE of them would be a hideous indictment of our government and our country.

We must face a reckoning.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

First, repped Thatguy's post above, one of the best, most honest posts on this board I've seen.

Second...since immigrations issues are coming up again.....if, lord willing, we get a new administration, they absolutely must investigate all of these charges.  Because, IF TRUE (and right now, they are allegations), they constitute systemic crimes against humanity.  Forced sterilizations, torture, systemic rape of detainees, denial of basic food and medical care, the genocidal act of separating children from their parents.....all of those absolutely meet the definition of crimes against humanity.  Any ONE of them would be a hideous indictment of our government and our country.

We must face a reckoning.  

190408-stephen-miller-cs-239p_11a9cce865442c7e7c4493853eca74fc.fit-760w.jpg

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The guy is brilliant.

Jaguars Fan GIFs | Tenor

8 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Imagine Trumps innate response to a person with down syndrome coming up and trying to hug him. 

Obviously you haven't watched a lot of Trump rallies on TV.  Not saying many of his supporters have the full 24th chromosome, but they sure as shit have a significant portion past the 23.+ decimal point.  And they're all literally dying to hug him.  

Edited by Lobo