Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

What a snowflake in that Trump is complaining that the MSM isn't asking Joe the same tough question. Dude, you're the President that has to run on your record as President. Yes, Biden should be held to questioning on his record but honesty he's never held the top spot so the questions won't be the same.

Do you think Romney had the same tough questions that Obama had in 2012? Or that Kerry had the same questions as Bush in 2004? It's one of the obstacles in getting re-elected.

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Let me first answer the question in bold.  In my best Joe Biden voice, "Now here is the deal..."

I am not uncomfortable with that at all. Code switching is part of my DNA. Walking into a room and seeing people feel uncomfortable is part of my DNA. It's kind of like being a father and walking into a room where your kid and their friends are and it goes silent. It's just kind of expected at this point. I will tell you what is exhausting. Knowing that you have a different standard of conduct in the workplace, especially with people working under you. No matter how long you've been there, and how long you've been nice, the moment you show any anger your name might as well be Tyrone Jackson and you have corn rows. Lol.

But let's get to the real meat and potatoes of what you are asking. Racism is really not a fight for Black America. What I mean by that is we can protest and open your eyes to systemic issues, but past that point it's really up to you for these reasons. We are far to few at only 13% of the population. As such, most White Americans goes days without really spending any time more than simply passing by a Black person during their daily grind. In the few instances they do come across us, they are careful about what they say, and so no real honest dialogue is being had.

However, you hear their thoughts and feelings. You hear the comments and slurs. You hear their fears and see their fragility. You make up the majority in this country, and it does not change until YOU say it changes. So to answer your question the best thing you can do is be our voice when we aren't around. Don't attack, but tell your barbershop story when someone has something negative to say about Black People. Make them understand that their world view is going the way of the dinosaur even in their own communities. After that, do what you are doing now. Vote in people who will pursue equality. Black people don't want handouts. We will pull ourselves out one generation at a time.

Call Tyrone.....and come get your shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

They are softball questions though. For anyone with a working brain.  He just doesn't want to answer them and wants her to ask about Hunter and Obamagate and tell him how great he has done on Covid.

Always has amazed me that he has never realized theses questions are his greatest chance to excel.  An honest thoughtful eloquent answer could literally change the election and change the country. 

But the conclusion over and over is, one, he’s just a flat out fucking idiot, and two,  he does not give a damn about other people, never has.  It’s always been about the con.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Haha he thinks that makes him look good. 

Seriously.  The fucking 180 degree up-is-down insanity of his supporters still blows my mind.

They love him because he's tough.....when he demonstrates relentlessly that he's the most pathetic, whiniest pussy to ever hold the office.  There's not even a close second.  He's a pathetic whining coward.  And they love him because he's.....tough?  WTF?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Somehow, someway...quitting something makes him a winner, and totally vindicates him.

At least in his mind, and those that drink the Kool Aid (with two hands).

Which brings up the question. Do you think this is how Johnny Sack and the rest of the sheep drink now? 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Let me first answer the question in bold.  In my best Joe Biden voice, "Now here is the deal..."

I am not uncomfortable with that at all. Code switching is part of my DNA. Walking into a room and seeing people feel uncomfortable is part of my DNA. It's kind of like being a father and walking into a room where your kid and their friends are and it goes silent. It's just kind of expected at this point. I will tell you what is exhausting. Knowing that you have a different standard of conduct in the workplace, especially with people working under you. No matter how long you've been there, and how long you've been nice, the moment you show any anger your name might as well be Tyrone Jackson and you have corn rows. Lol.

But let's get to the real meat and potatoes of what you are asking. Racism is really not a fight for Black America. What I mean by that is we can protest and open your eyes to systemic issues, but past that point it's really up to you for these reasons. We are far to few at only 13% of the population. As such, most White Americans goes days without really spending any time more than simply passing by a Black person during their daily grind. In the few instances they do come across us, they are careful about what they say, and so no real honest dialogue is being had.

However, you hear their thoughts and feelings. You hear the comments and slurs. You hear their fears and see their fragility. You make up the majority in this country, and it does not change until YOU say it changes. So to answer your question the best thing you can do is be our voice when we aren't around. Don't attack, but tell your barbershop story when someone has something negative to say about Black People. Make them understand that their world view is going the way of the dinosaur even in their own communities. After that, do what you are doing now. Vote in people who will pursue equality. Black people don't want handouts. We will pull ourselves out one generation at a time.

I like the message but sometimes the more practical answer, especially when the racism is in the family, is to let them know you disagree and then teach your own children that their grandparents or uncles and aunts are wrong.  Encourage them to befriend the black, asian, hispanic, and non-Christian children in their school and on their sports teams.  We can't always change the ones that are racist but we can teach the next generation to be better.

I've tried to explain to my parents and in-laws about how racist Trump is and that they are supporting a racist that locks brown kids in cages and encourages white supremacists in his speeches and on twitter.  They get wrapped up in the tribalism and fear mongering.  It is a basic instinct that can only be overcome by high level thinking and self awareness.  Those things are hard.  They think I'm the one on the wrong side of this issue and they pray for me to see it their way.  They are in the cult.

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it for himself. - Galileo

• Hook 'Em 1

Shit. Can we get someone who can come prepared for an interview? Can we get the guy back from Axios? How hard is it to have a print out with a quote....."here you are at your rally in Wisconsin saying the Governor of Michigan should be locked up. Here you are saying Biden and Obama should be locked up? here you are saying that they are the most corrupt people ever, show me the facts Mr. President"

1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Shit. Can we get someone who can come prepared for an interview? Can we get the guy back from Axios? How hard is it to have a print out with a quote....."here you are at your rally in Wisconsin saying the Governor of Michigan should be locked up. Here you are saying Biden and Obama should be locked up? here you are saying that they are the most corrupt people ever, show me the facts Mr. President"

One 45 minute interview, Trump being questioned by Mehdi Hasan - that all I want for Christmas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

One 45 minute interview, Trump being questioned by Mehdi Hasan - that all I want for Christmas.

Mehdi Hasan rightfully hosting Meet the Press on Sundays while Chuck Todd serves coffee is all I want for Christmas. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

First, repped Thatguy's post above, one of the best, most honest posts on this board I've seen.

Second...since immigrations issues are coming up again.....if, lord willing, we get a new administration, they absolutely must investigate all of these charges.  Because, IF TRUE (and right now, they are allegations), they constitute systemic crimes against humanity.  Forced sterilizations, torture, systemic rape of detainees, denial of basic food and medical care, the genocidal act of separating children from their parents.....all of those absolutely meet the definition of crimes against humanity.  Any ONE of them would be a hideous indictment of our government and our country.

We must face a reckoning.  

I said this three years ago: The Hague should open a crimes against humanity investigation into dOTarD, Nielson (sp?), the head of ICE and BP, Miller, and every guard, agent, or functionary who participated in the separation of young children from their parents. Of course, we wouldn't extradite them, but if any of them ever left the country, they should be immediately arrested and transported to The Hague to stand trial.

Now we can add torture to the list of crimes against humanity.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously.  The fucking 180 degree up-is-down insanity of his supporters still blows my mind.

They love him because he's tough.....when he demonstrates relentlessly that he's the most pathetic, whiniest pussy to ever hold the office.  There's not even a close second.  He's a pathetic whining coward.  And they love him because he's.....tough?  WTF?

No it's not because of that. That guy a couple of pages back nailed it perfectly. They love him because they believe he keeps minorities down and keeps their white privilege up. They feel they can't just say that so  they come up with all sorts of lies to cover up the real reason why they still support this. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

No it's not because of that. That guy a couple of pages back nailed it perfectly. They love him because they believe he keeps minorities down and keeps their white privilege up. They feel they can't just say that so  they come up with all sorts of lies to cover up the real reason why they still support this. 

Well....yeah.  It's just mind boggling the fucking lengths they go to.....and they aren't even credible.

Also, with respect to 500+ kids who we effectively orphaned, and don't give a fuck about.....there are efforts being made to advocate for their interests, and to find their families (often in remote areas of Honduras, Guatemala, etc.).

I know many of us are writing checks to political candidates these days, but we can -- and should -- act to undo the crimes against humanity that have been committed in our name.  One organization working to do just that is Kids in Need of Defense -- here's a link to their efforts on this front: https://supportkind.org/what-we-do/family-separation-response/

And here's a link to their donation page: https://donate.supportkind.org/give/188892/#!/donation/checkout

The wife and I are going to toss some cash their way tonight.  Because we cannot and will not stand by as crimes against humanity are committed in our name.  We cannot and will not stand by as our country intentionally victimizes innocents to terrorize would-be asylum seekers.  If you are in Nazi Germany, your moral duty is to toss sand in the gears of all the machinery you can, to sabotage fences, to create pathways to freedom.  To resist evil.  What our country has done here, as part of a purposeful scheme to terrorize people, is evil.  We can't undo it.  But goddamit, we can try.

I encourage y'all to look into it.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Another person chiming in to thank [mention]Thatguy [/mention] for his posts.

I hate that that post and the good discussion it spawned is going to get buried in the daily garbage that is the Trump thread.

Anyone up for a “Hey white people, you probably mean well and aren’t completely racist but you can probably do better!” thread?

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I want her moderating the debate.

See, its just not that fucking hard. that should be how every interview with these clowns is conducted. Answer the question I am asking or shut the fuck up. this is not an avenue for your fuckstick propaganda. Nobody died, nobody's head exploded. The interview simply ended. Do this every fucking time, instead of letting all these idiots just spout whatever they want. If they want free reign to lie they can join Donald onstage on his klan barnstorming tour. 

• Hook 'Em 6

I have an idea for an app, that would really only be relevant in LA, NYC, and DC. Opening the app shows a list of Trump associates from his presidency. If you happen to be somewhere in public and you see, say, Rod Rosenstein eating brunch at the Hay Adams, you check the box next to his name. It then sends a notification to all other users as to his location. Then you can show up and heckle him until he leaves his brunch early. The idea is these folks will never get to enjoy a moment of peace in public again.

And people say I'm not doing enough.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Another person chiming in to thank [mention]Thatguy [/mention] for his posts.

I hate that that post and the good discussion it spawned is going to get buried in the daily garbage that is the Trump thread.

Anyone up for a “Hey white people, you probably mean well and aren’t completely racist but you can probably do better!” thread?

It might be a good time to ask the white people reading this thread to go read the book White Fragility. I read it this summer and it will definitely make you look at the world around you differently. I recommend it for folks who do not fully understand how we make black people feel through our words and actions that we may not even notice.

• Hook 'Em 1

SIAP

Donald Trump’s Twitter account was allegedly hacked last week, after a Dutch researcher correctly guessed the president’s password: “maga2020!”, Dutch media reported.

Victor Gevers, a security expert, had access to Trump’s direct messages, could post tweets in his name and change his profile, De Volkskrant newspaper reported.

Gevers – who previously managed to log into Trump’s account in 2016 – apparently gained access by guessing Trump’s password. He tried “maga2020!” on his fifth attempt and it worked. Maga stands for Trump’s oft used campaign slogan Make America Great Again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I really don't understand why they would release any of this.  Even in their warped minds they can't have believed this would be helpful?  None of their whining or stupid looks or two handed drinking would have been in the final cut - thats not how 60 minutes operates.

"Murder She Wrote will air at 8:30 this evening so that we may bring you the entire unedited video of Leslie Stahl's interviews with the President and Vice-President"

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Yeah, the NYT had a great article on this a few months ago.  It wasn’t groundbreaking reporting, just succinctly captured why I have been repulsed by the conservative movement for my entire twenty years of politics consciousness: insular white people who experience the complex world and are frightened by it, and because they view the world as a zero-sum game they view any push for change as an attack on their community. So they fight back, but they are just “defending their values” while anyone else is just a social agitator set on destroying America. 

The years of the Obama presidency were confusing to her. She said she heard talk of giving freedoms to gay people and members of minority groups. But to her it felt like her freedoms were being taken away. And that she was turning into the minority.

“I do not love Trump. I think Trump is good for America as a country. I think Trump is going to restore our freedoms, where we spent eight years, if not more, with our freedoms slowly being taken away under the guise of giving freedoms to all,” she said. “Caucasian-Americans are becoming a minority. Rapidly.” 

She explained what she meant. “If you are a hard-working Caucasian-American, your rights are being limited because you are seen as against all the races or against women,” she said. “Or there are people who think that because we have conservative values and we value the family and I value submitting to my husband, I must be against women’s rights.”

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

SIAP

Donald Trump’s Twitter account was allegedly hacked last week, after a Dutch researcher correctly guessed the president’s password: “maga2020!”, Dutch media reported.

Victor Gevers, a security expert, had access to Trump’s direct messages, could post tweets in his name and change his profile, De Volkskrant newspaper reported.

Gevers – who previously managed to log into Trump’s account in 2016 – apparently gained access by guessing Trump’s password. He tried “maga2020!” on his fifth attempt and it worked. Maga stands for Trump’s oft used campaign slogan Make America Great Again.

tenor.gif?itemid=10632343

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1