Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

23 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

Yeah, the NYT had a great article on this a few months ago.  It wasn’t groundbreaking reporting, just succinctly captured why I have been repulsed by the conservative movement for my entire twenty years of politics consciousness: insular white people who experience the complex world and are frightened by it, and because they view the world as a zero-sum game they view any push for change as an attack on their community. So they fight back, but they are just “defending their values” while anyone else is just a social agitator set on destroying America. 

And this and the quote you posted that is not showing up is exactly what I was referring to in my post. It's not about taxes. It's not about anything other than making sure POCs stay where they are, and White's don't have to deal with anything interrupting the sanctity and flow of their daily White life. It's not about Trump the person. It's about Trump the ideology. When you realize that's what it's truly about, then you realize why they hate Democrats so much, and why they were so easy to weaponize.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Another person chiming in to thank [mention]Thatguy [/mention] for his posts.

I hate that that post and the good discussion it spawned is going to get buried in the daily garbage that is the Trump thread.

Anyone up for a “Hey white people, you probably mean well and aren’t completely racist but you can probably do better!” thread?

To be real for a sec, I don't think White guilt is the way to go. From what I have seen it only serves to make people feel more uncomfortable. The real issue is having the stamina to keep fighting the good fight. Trump happened because we let our guard down. We got Obama in and we thought we were good. We didn't see the red wave coming, and didn't take Trump and his clown show seriously. Trump is the Fragile Whites' Alamo, and they are holding on for dear life until someone can come save them from the swarms of brown people invading their lands. We just need to remember going forward to never let an election cycle pass us by without us jamming the polls. Never get complacent. Vote these clowns out and keep voting them out until they understand a change of ways is the only way to go. Politicians read the room very well.

Remember when Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act? At that moment white people fought back, and the Republicans dominated until Clinton figured out that people in the South would still vote Dem if you packaged it the way a Republican would, especially if that person were one of their own. We can force the Republicans to alter their platforms and approach by our voting. They will get the message, and steer to more of a progressive platform with Capitalism mixed in.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude, your posts, and forthrightness, are much appreciated.

But, what are we supposed to do if, say, we definitely have some black friends, and are totally not racists?  Asking for.....damned near every white person I've ever heard speak on the subject.

No matter what the issue, the shutdown is consistent and utterly predictable -- "well.....I'M not racist."  Which, to most people, just making that conclusory statement absolves them of any responsibility, past, present, or future.  And that fucking sucks.  And I'm sorry for being part of a social system that perpetuates it.

My two cents here - I think people should first admit that we all have prejudices. Every singe person on this planet. Its impossible not to. And skin color can be just one of them. 

One we are honest about our prejudices we can the fairly see injustice. Its everywhere.

The natural order of power is to haphazardly capitalise on injustice. It isn't lets say purposeful, so much as just necessary. We are still dumb animals in so many ways. And in the US we have lived in one of the most powerful and economically emboldened cultures this planet has ever seen. To your point there on "I'm sorry for being part of a social system that perpetuates it". Its just comes with the meal we've ordered I'm afraid. 

Personally, I've taken to communicating on the 'injustice' wavelength and in tune with the other person's emotional well being. If you can hit on it correctly they will listen and you can move forward from the "I'm not a racist" defensive barrier. And the beauty of trying to think and communicate on the larger injustice wavelength is that is indeed large, its empowering, its just easier to do so. 

thanks for the great posts in the last few pages. @Thatguy

you homies be good. always worth a good listen. 

Edited by staboner
  • Hook 'Em 4

My uncle, a small business owner, said that the goal of every person in corporate America was to never open the door and hear "Hello, I'm Mike Wallace with 60 Minutes, do you have time for a few questions?".  He said if you hear that you're screwed.

Did Trump not know that 60 Minutes has been asking tough questions since forever?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

My uncle, a small business owner, said that the goal of every person in corporate America was to never open the door and hear "Hello, I'm Mike Wallace with 60 Minutes, do you have time for a few questions?".  He said if you hear that you're screwed.

Did Trump not know that 60 Minutes has been asking tough questions since forever?

He and Rudy have been more concerned with Dateline TCP.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Everyone has to stop assuming Trump sees the world in ways that even remotely resembles reality. This is the same guy that agreed to a series of 18 interviews with Carl Bernstein, knowing full well who he was. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/10/why-trump-talked-woodward/5768376002/

The unique combination of a hyper-inflated sense of his own greatness paired with the reality of his actual intellectual shortcomings results in a continual string of these episodes. His entire staff can tell him "DONT DO IT, THEY WILL MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE THE FUCKING MORON THAT YOU ARE", and he will still do it because he is 100% confident that he can take control of the narrative and look like the conquering hero. Never mind that every time he does these (Fox interviews excluded) it results in cringe inducing clusterfucks. But in his own Walter Mitty-like reality, he's just killing it. That dumb motherfucker would go back on 60 minutes next week if they gave him a mulligan. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

i haven't heard any tough questions yet.  he was so mad that she even said "are you ready for some tough questions?"  he was fixated on that, but where were they?  did he expect every question to be about foreign relations (so that he could talk about biden/china) and hunter biden's laptop?

"you're currently trying to repeal the affordable care act, what's your plan for healthcare?" isn't a tough question.  it may not be a softball question or whatever the fuck depending on what your actual (lack of) plan looks like, but you go into that interview 100% certain it will be asked.  it's amazing that he doesn't at least have a consistent lie memorized.

tonight is going to be a fucking shitshow disaster boat wreck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It isn't 4D chess, but there is a bit of method to their madness. The reason he won in 2016 is that the electorate didn't give a fuck. Trump performed well 3 or 4 times during 2016 and it was when the most eyes were watching. Every other time, he just lied about what happened when he did poorly. A mother of 3 isn't going to care about what he did those other times and might just hear something that the press picks up. The press typically just picks up what Trump says. So what they hear is "Trump provides full footage to counter media bias".

The people that are truly undecided are mostly people that want to vote for him but have to rationalize it in some way. That is why he might actually be decent tonight, so the people who finally have time to decide to watch a debate before voting can see him doing well. They can vote for him and pretend he will get better in a 2nd term. If he keeps being the way he has been in 2020, they will likely stay home and not worry about voting during COVID.

But he just hasn't made that switch at all this year and I don't think he gets that this strategy doesn't work when people are caring more and there is no positive performances to help them rationalize their vote.

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

"you're currently trying to repeal the affordable care act, what's your plan for healthcare?" isn't a tough question.  it may not be a softball question or whatever the fuck depending on what your actual (lack of) plan looks like, but you go into that interview 100% certain it will be asked.  it's amazing that he doesn't at least have a consistent lie memorized.

THIS.  Trumpland is a world in which a journalist asking 1) a politician about 2) a policy issue, and 3) asking specifically "what is your plan for that"......is DIRTY POOL!  Goddamn, they're just so goddamned motherfucking goatshit stupid.  Jesus shitdicks, how in the blue fuck did we allow such a singularity of stupidity to ascend to ANY position of power?  What the fucking FUCK????

Also, with respect to 500+ kids who we effectively orphaned, and don't give a fuck about.....there are efforts being made to advocate for their interests, and to find their families (often in remote areas of Honduras, Guatemala, etc.).
I know many of us are writing checks to political candidates these days, but we can -- and should -- act to undo the crimes against humanity that have been committed in our name.  One organization working to do just that is Kids in Need of Defense -- here's a link to their efforts on this front: https://supportkind.org/what-we-do/family-separation-response/
And here's a link to their donation page: https://donate.supportkind.org/give/188892/#!/donation/checkout
The wife and I are going to toss some cash their way tonight.  Because we cannot and will not stand by as crimes against humanity are committed in our name.  We cannot and will not stand by as our country intentionally victimizes innocents to terrorize would-be asylum seekers.  If you are in Nazi Germany, your moral duty is to toss sand in the gears of all the machinery you can, to sabotage fences, to create pathways to freedom.  To resist evil.  What our country has done here, as part of a purposeful scheme to terrorize people, is evil.  We can't undo it.  But goddamit, we can try.
I encourage y'all to look into it.

Popping this back on the thread - wife and I just sent $250 tagged for family reunification efforts.

Our country, driven by our president and his cabal of third rate trolls, committed fucking evil in our name. It’s our obligation to make it right.

Trials at The Hague would be nice, but for now, helping those we hurt will have to do.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

"you're currently trying to repeal the affordable care act, what's your plan for healthcare?" isn't a tough question.  

This is the bottom line. This isn’t a tough question. In fact this is a softball question if you weren’t a complete clown. Any politician, ANY politician would answer this easily “because my plan is better, it’s XYZ”. 

It’s showing up to the bar exam and complaining they’re asking legal questions. It’s beyond retarded. Interviewers aren’t being tough on him, they’re being incredibly soft. Not once have I seen a reporter tear into him and ask, “you’ve cheated on every wife you’ve ever had, you have to pay women to have sex with you, how could evangelicals vote for you in good conscience?” or “Since you won’t wear a mask, and you continually debate the scientifically proven efficacy of masks, do you believe you’re negligently responsible for some of the 225K dead Americans?” . Those would be hard questions. Asking him his healthcare plan is softer than two ply 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

THIS.  Trumpland is a world in which a journalist asking 1) a politician about 2) a policy issue, and 3) asking specifically "what is your plan for that"......is DIRTY POOL!  Goddamn, they're just so goddamned motherfucking goatshit stupid.  Jesus shitdicks, how in the blue fuck did we allow such a singularity of stupidity to ascend to ANY position of power?  What the fucking FUCK????

It's the same as when they asked VP candidate Sarah Palin what her qualifications were with regard to foreign policy and she revealed herself to be a clueless fucking moron. The right became outraged and called it an unfair "Gotcha" question. Asking someone who is potentially a heartbeat away from the Presidency what they know about foreign policy is somehow unfair. 

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i haven't heard any tough questions yet.  he was so mad that she even said "are you ready for some tough questions?"  he was fixated on that, but where were they?  did he expect every question to be about foreign relations (so that he could talk about biden/china) and hunter biden's laptop?

tonight is going to be a fucking shitshow disaster boat wreck.

Well, the earlier gotcha questions included what's your favorite bible verse, to a book he held up later.  Great, what's in it DOTARD?  

Edited by Mdhorn

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's the same as when they asked VP candidate Sarah Palin what her qualifications were with regard to foreign policy and she revealed herself to be a clueless fucking moron. The right became outraged and called it an unfair "Gotcha" question. Asking someone who is potentially a heartbeat away from the Presidency what they know about foreign policy is somehow unfair. 

Actually, Sarah's gotcha question was to name her favorite newspapers or magazines. The really tough, hard hitting reporting.  Highlights Magazine, Sarah, because you love the word searches.     

38 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Actually, Sarah's gotcha question was to name her favorite newspapers or magazines. The really tough, hard hitting reporting.  Highlights Magazine, Sarah, because you love the word searches.     

Yup. Just lie and say the Wall Street Journal or the Alaska bum fuck Times. Oops too hard

34 minutes ago, Pasken said:

You ever get the feeling that Jared is the rich one of the family and has the same power over Donald that all his other creditors seem to?

The Kushners are a whole hell of a lot richer than the Trumps. That doesn't make Jared anything more than a subservient enabler of his father-in-law. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

And this and the quote you posted that is not showing up is exactly what I was referring to in my post. It's not about taxes. It's not about anything other than making sure POCs stay where they are, and White's don't have to deal with anything interrupting the sanctity and flow of their daily White life. It's not about Trump the person. It's about Trump the ideology. When you realize that's what it's truly about, then you realize why they hate Democrats so much, and why they were so easy to weaponize.

“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”  

Can’t remember who I’m quoting here, but it’s the absolute truth. Some folks would do well to consider how it applies to them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Nice to see Eric’s got some game.  I would have figured him for being too awkward to even get a finger in an intern at that show.  But Miss Universe on the boardroom set?  Nice.  

the rumor about Ivanka makes sense eh you look at the delicate features/family’s credit facility of Jared.  

The Maxwell deposition (from 2016) was released yesterday (with most names redacted. Sad). Haven't heard a whole lot but Slate is apparently working on cracking the blacked out parts. Maxwell has denied most everything and the tamp down on the entire Epstein case appears to be going the way of old news, soon to be forgotten.

Edit-hit submit by mistake. Anyway, Mar-a-Lago was mentioned over a dozen times.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Speaking of women that hate a Trump

Is it weird that the Donald Trump's public displays of affection are more amorous with Ivanka than they are with Melania.  

Any of you resident Trumper shitheaps wanna weigh in on this?  

12 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The Kushners are a whole hell of a lot richer than the Trumps. That doesn't make Jared anything more than a subservient enabler of his father-in-law. 

Yeah, they stuck to the basic suburban slumlord model that made the Trump fortune.  No Kushner Kasbahs or any of that bullshit.

It appears that Jared took a cue from Teh Donald with 666 (wut?) Wall St. and almost lost his ass.  They're probably not going to try that again.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Mea culpa. I try to not use it, but sometimes it slips. Will do better

It’s cool man. I used to do it all the time and my kids called me on it a few years ago. One of them works with the special olympics.

Anyway - again I know it is just part of the lexicon right now and something we need to make a conscious effort to change. You are a great poster and I am confident you meant no harm, I just am committed to calling people out on it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Is it weird that the Donald Trump's public displays of affection are more amorous with Ivanka than they are with Melania.  
Any of you resident Trumper shitheaps wanna weigh in on this?  

Stephanie Wolkoff said she does this on purpose for attention and that they are both on the same page most of the time.