Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, Walte464 said:

The lowest common denominators are cheering at this clown calling their town a shithole and admitting that he doesn’t give a fuck about them.

It’s because the shitheads at his rallies are the same 2500 idiots who follow him from town to town. They aren’t from Erie so it’s funny to them.

• Hook 'Em 3

“Hey Erie! I was just in the back, I took a shit on the flag and wiped my ass with the constitution. It’s great  to be here in this shithole of a place you people live. Well not really, I would never be seen with you pathetic suckers, but I need your votes. On the way here, I got a call from the Exxon CEO  he was ready to transfer 25 million to my child trafficking account in China just to get some permits to destroy the Arctic. Can you believe that? I told him to check my my bankers in Moscow so we can be clear of any tax liability. See, I’m smart, unlike you dumb fucks.”

”woooo! He’s just like us! Lock her up!”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Some clip out there of trump complaining about lack of Nobel peace prize nomination coverage during hurricane/Iowa flooding in front of Iowa voters...  complete imbecile. 

I just saw this and was going to post about it.  He basically said all the coverage is about these historic floods and crops and hurricanes and not about me and my Nobel Prize nominations.  Many if not most of the Iowa audience have been directly hurt by the flooding and farm prices and these people were cheering him saying this.  I walked over to my wife in disbelief not that he said these things but he is basically insulting people and they cheer him for it.  I don’t get it.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Post has more on the interview yesterday:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-60-minutes-leslie-stahl/2020/10/20/d7ef0554-132a-11eb-bc10-40b25382f1be_story.html

President Trump lashed out at “60 Minutes” host Lesley Stahl and threatened to release their interview after he cut off their conversation at the White House on Tuesday because he didn’t like the aggressive tone of her questions.

The president posted a short clip of a maskless Stahl speaking to two mask-wearing men and wrote, “Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes not wearing a mask in the White House after her interview with me. Much more to come.”

A little more than an hour later, Trump threatened to post their interview before the news program is scheduled to air it Sunday night on CBS News.

“I am pleased to inform you that, for the sake of accuracy in reporting, I am considering posting my interview with Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes, PRIOR TO AIRTIME! This will be done so that everybody can get a glimpse of what a FAKE and BIASED interview is all about,” Trump tweeted. “Everyone should compare this terrible Electoral Intrusion with the recent interviews of Sleepy Joe Biden!”

The news magazine is airing an election show on Sunday featuring separate interviews with Trump, Vice President Pence, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.). Trump and Pence were meant to do the signature walk-and-talk portion of the “60 Minutes” interview together, but after cutting off his sit-down with Stahl, the president did not return for that segment.

A person at CBS familiar with the interview said the footage of Stahl without a mask that Trump tweeted was taken “immediately following the interview with the CBS team,” all of whom had been tested for the novel coronavirus. “Lesley had a mask on leading into the interviews as appropriate.”

The person at CBS declined to comment more broadly on what happened during the interview but did confirm that Trump did not do the walk with Pence.

The White House told CBS it was taping the interview for archival purposes only, according to the person at CBS.

Spoiler

During a rally Tuesday in Erie, Pa., in between comments on his crowd sizes and fracking, Trump sneaked in a non sequitur about the interview.

“Oh, and you have to watch what we do to ‘60 Minutes,’ ” Trump said. “You’ll get such a kick out of — you’re going to get a kick out of it. Lesley Stahl is not going to be happy.”

According to a person with knowledge of what happened during the interview, Trump was unhappy that Stahl asked him tough questions regarding his rhetoric about Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and his handling of the coronavirus pandemic, as well as the size of the crowds at his rallies and his disputes with Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious-disease expert. Stahl also told him during the interview that allegations about Biden’s son Hunter were not verified and that the Obama administration did not spy on the Trump campaign. Many of the questions were about the coronavirus pandemic and his handling of it, said the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the interview frankly.

When Trump first walked in, Stahl looked at him and said, “Are you ready for a tough interview?” The president believes “60 Minutes” will cut the interview in an unflattering way and has been talking all afternoon about how to preempt the footage, said the person familiar with the circumstances.

After 45 minutes, Trump looked at staff members and said, “I think we’re done, do you guys agree?”

Stahl believed the walk with Pence was still going forward, but Trump left the room and later complained to aides that Biden would have an easier interview and that “60 Minutes” would “cut it up to make him look bad,” according to an aide.

The person familiar with the interview said that there are no bombshell revelations, but that Trump complained about it all day and wants to take the air out of it by releasing it early. Three aides, who were not authorized to speak publicly, said the president overreacted, and one suggested that he might actually boost the ratings of a tough interview.

A senior White House official said Trump had told aides he wanted to go after Stahl and brainstormed ideas after the session with a group of aides in the Oval Office.

“The interview was not that bad,” a White House staff member said. “It wasn’t a bad interview. She just had a tone he didn’t like.”

23 hours ago, Lobo said:

California won't tilt red again for POTUS in my lifetime, but they have had a recent GOP governor.  Especially since their center-right residents are leaving the state in hordes.)  /csb

I keep being told it’s the lefty liberal commies from CA ruining Colorado 

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

They say that until they meet an actual lefty liberal commie from CA.

Lol. Goddamn this is the truth.  3/4 of the people on this board have never met an actual Left Coast progressive in their entire adult lives. Accept maybe that hot hippie chicken in your freshman polisci class 30 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Lol. Goddamn this is the truth.  3/4 of the people on this board have never met an actual Left Coast progressive in their entire adult lives. Accept maybe that hot hippie chicken in your freshman polisci class 30 years ago.

"Hot Hippie Chicken" sounds like it could be  the name of the next restaurant that will open up in Austin that people wait an hour and a half for even though it isn't that good. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Being married to a person who was born in Berekley, I thought I knew what a real Left Coast liberal looked like until I was actual face to face with one.

But I can tell you how to find one. Pull your F250 up to any pump at the gas station on the corner of MLK and University in Berkeley and just wait. You will be greeted in moments.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The Post has more on the interview yesterday:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-60-minutes-leslie-stahl/2020/10/20/d7ef0554-132a-11eb-bc10-40b25382f1be_story.html

Hide contents

“The interview was not that bad,” a White House staff member said. “It wasn’t a bad interview. She just had a tone he didn’t like.”

I don't think it was the tone, I think it was the lack of penis on Stahl.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I don't think it was the tone, I think it was the lack of penis on Stahl.

He can't handle being challenged by a woman.  Its easy for him to ignore or insult a female reporter when its part of a press conference - but when its a one-on-one interview (or the town hall) he's completely helpless and ends up pouting like a toddler.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

Interesting tactic to attack one of the most trusted news sources of all-time and perhaps it’s most likable and even-handed current journalist.  

I’m sure that will go well for Donald. 

It will go how everything goes for him. Trumpkins will excuse it while the rest of us scoff in amazement. Rinse and repeat.

Admittedly, haven't done near as much reading up on this as many of you...but our bank has done business in/with Chinese banks.  What I have gleaned so far, it's not the massive scandal it appears to be at first NYT blush.  However, it seems to meet every single fucking threshold for having to have been disclosed in the year 2017.  I just can't see any way around it.  The account titling and the interstate movement of the money once it reached the U.S.  I just don't see how it's okay for him to not have disclosed its existence.  I mean, I know he doesn't disclose shit except how much pussy he slayed back in the day.  I'm at a loss for how this is okay on the disclosure side.  

Anyway, doesn't matter-Troy Aikman made a joke on a football broadcast so obviously the world is against Trumpers. 

48 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Being married to a person who was born in Berekley, I thought I knew what a real Left Coast liberal looked like until I was actual face to face with one.

But I can tell you how to find one. Pull your F250 up to any pump at the gas station on the corner of MLK and University in Berkeley and just wait. You will be greeted in moments.

Took a vacation to Monterey and Pebble Beach area back before wife and I had kids.

Beautiful area. Loved it. A swift kick to the wallet nuts, though.

What was I saying ... oh yeah. 
We end up meeting / talking with an owner of a winery there that’s originally from Texas. Seemed like a solid dude. 
During the conversation his gf arrives. She assumes we all know each other due to the way we’re talking.... as if we’re old friends or something.

She asks how long we’ve known each other and he replies that we’ve just met but that we were from the same area of Texas he used to live in.

She gets a look and then proceeds to dump all over Texas. She has considered visiting in the past, that Austin seems ok, but really she just can’t because of the people. Guns freak her out. She doesn’t know how she’s be received, etc. 

Mind you this woman is a white / late 40’s / Cali fit. 
I love California, and have a lot of family there. It’s a beautiful place. The people who haven’t ever really left / think it’s the center of the universe / think we’re some sort of backwards hick hovel are completely insufferable and can EAD.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I love California, and have a lot of family there. It’s a beautiful place. The people who haven’t ever really left / think it’s the center of the universe / think we’re some sort of backwards hick hovel are completely insufferable and can EAD.

I hear you, but it's different if I still believe these things about the entire southeastern US, yeah?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

That's a damn pout. He just got flailed by a(nother) woman smarter than he is and unbowing in his presence. That's loser face. Why don't you grab 'em by the pussy now, dickhead?

I wonder if they told him when he got back to his infected office that 60 Minutes is watched largely by senior citizens who likely love Leslie Stahl and the show. A few more Florida votes slip away. Maybe Sun City in Georgetown, too.

This is going to be fun if we can keep him from graft. This post is after the news of the crooked deal for medium band to Karl Rove. Would Trump being found guilty of graft nullify any contracts and other deals he made? Was the Teapot Dome deal undone due to the scandal under Harding?

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

She's not wrong.

She's also the pot calling the kettle black.

How does releasing a potentially negative 60 minutes interview early in its entirety help Trump at all?

Then I thought about it. They are going to try to fabricate new segments that will supposedly go on the cutting room floor.  They are going to dress Trump up in the same suit (not hard because he only has one really), and then reshoot or add additional responses, pretending that he made them as part of the interview.  Then when we don't see these responses on 60 minutes, they will shout fake news. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

You know how many times I have heard people from Texas trash California spouting off a bunch of stereotypical bullshit despite never having set foot in the state. What you described is not exclusive to California, but the mindset typical of people that are not particularly well traveled and definitely not open minded. If you think Texas doesn't have a shitload of people equally convinced that Texas is the center of the universe, I don't know what to tell you. 

Fake news.

Texas is the friendship state.

We’ve always been very welcoming to everyone that’s [checks notes]....

Yeah well Fuck you guys and your terrible Mexican food.

And hella is a stupid adjective that makes no god damn sense. 

53 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Took a vacation to Monterey and Pebble Beach area back before wife and I had kids.

Beautiful area. Loved it. A swift kick to the wallet nuts, though.

What was I saying ... oh yeah. 
We end up meeting / talking with an owner of a winery there that’s originally from Texas. Seemed like a solid dude. 
During the conversation his gf arrives. She assumes we all know each other due to the way we’re talking.... as if we’re old friends or something.

She asks how long we’ve known each other and he replies that we’ve just met but that we were from the same area of Texas he used to live in.

She gets a look and then proceeds to dump all over Texas. She has considered visiting in the past, that Austin seems ok, but really she just can’t because of the people. Guns freak her out. She doesn’t know how she’s be received, etc. 

9 minutes ago, Blotto said:

You know how many times I have heard people from Texas trash California spouting off a bunch of stereotypical bullshit despite never having set foot in the state. What you described is not exclusive to California, but the mindset typical of people that are not particularly well traveled and definitely not open minded. If you think Texas doesn't have a shitload of people equally convinced that Texas is the center of the universe, I don't know what to tell you. 

There are 3 general locations in the USA where residents believe they are the center of the universe.  Texas, California, and NYC.  All judge each other stereotypically, all judge the rest of America stereotypically, and the rest of America judges the three of them stereotypically.

When I was a kid, I went to camp in North Carolina one summer.  A kid from some small NC town asked me if I rode a horse to school and he was serious.  In Houston?  I thought it was funny though.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

There are 3 general locations in the USA where residents believe they are the center of the universe.  Texas, California, and NYC.  All judge each other stereotypically, all judge the rest of America stereotypically, and the rest of America judges the three of them stereotypically.

When I was a kid, I went to camp in North Carolina one summer.  A kid from some small NC town asked me if I rode a horse to school and he was serious.  In Houston?  I thought it was funny though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1