Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

13 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

How does releasing a potentially negative 60 minutes interview early in its entirety help Trump at all?

Then I thought about it. They are going to try to fabricate new segments that will supposedly go on the cutting room floor.  They are going to dress Trump up in the same suit (not hard because he only has one really), and then reshoot or add additional responses, pretending that he made them as part of the interview.  Then when we don't see these responses on 60 minutes, they will shout fake news. 

It took you 15 hours or so to come up with that?  Hell, I figured that’s what was going to happen while reading dotard’s tweet about releasing the interview footage early. 

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

There are 3 general locations in the USA where residents believe they are the center of the universe.  Texas, California, and NYC.  All judge each other stereotypically, all judge the rest of America stereotypically, and the rest of America judges the three of them stereotypically.

When I was a kid, I went to camp in North Carolina one summer.  A kid from some small NC town asked me if I rode a horse to school and he was serious.  In Houston?  I thought it was funny though.

there are lots of ads going right now in Dallas about how so-and-so politician is bringing 'Californian' ideas to Texas and that we as Texans just should not abide that.  i don't know, i think the Pace picante sauce, NYC bit of jingoism may have jumped the shark, but i guess it still resonates enough to keep dragging it out.

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

It took you 15 hours or so to come up with that?  Hell, I figured that’s what was going to happen while reading dotard’s tweet about releasing the interview footage early. 

15 hours?  Nah, was reading CNN 30 minutes ago and Meadows said something about it. Do yourself a favor and unfollow dotard on Twitter. Everything he says is useless until one of his underlings runs with it.  

18 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

How does releasing a potentially negative 60 minutes interview early in its entirety help Trump at all?

Then I thought about it. They are going to try to fabricate new segments that will supposedly go on the cutting room floor.  They are going to dress Trump up in the same suit (not hard because he only has one really), and then reshoot or add additional responses, pretending that he made them as part of the interview.  Then when we don't see these responses on 60 minutes, they will shout fake news. 

Yeah, I don't think 60 Minutes has ever been accused of slicing and dicing interviews to make the subject look bad.  Maybe an occasional one-sided investigative piece, but nothing that bad or blatant.

Unlike the Trump Campaign.

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

15 hours?  Nah, was reading CNN 30 minutes ago and Meadows said something about it. Do yourself a favor and unfollow dotard on Twitter. Everything he says is useless until one of his underlings runs with it.  

I don’t follow him. His tweets are sometimes posted in this here thread. Maybe you have seen one or two?

2 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

there are lots of ads going right now in Dallas about how so-and-so politician is bringing 'Californian' ideas to Texas and that we as Texans just should not abide that.  i don't know, i think the Pace picante sauce, NYC bit of jingoism may have jumped the shark, but i guess it still resonates enough to keep dragging it out.

Ha. That Pace jingoism was meant for America, not Texas.  Its in the Old El Paso and Ortega categories of Tex Mex. I might eat it in Ohio, but in Texas there are way better options. 

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, I don't think 60 Minutes has ever been accused of slicing and dicing interviews to make the subject look bad.  Maybe an occasional one-sided investigative piece, but nothing that bad or blatant.

Well, I have only one piece of firsthand experience, but many moons ago, they interviewed a witness in one of my cases about the subject matter of the case (it was a national-reach story, he was a bit player, but had some explosive stuff to tell).  The interview took an hour.  They used maybe 60 seconds of it, and the Q/A they used was both largely irrelevant and not even particularly juicy.  60 minutes is good, but they're still packaging a story to sell.

That said, a bigger interview like the POTUS, I'm all but certain that they are quite careful to avoid any disingenuous slicing and dicing.  And for DOTUS....you don't need to.  Just let him be him, and that's absurd enough on its own.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Took a vacation to Monterey and Pebble Beach area back before wife and I had kids.

Beautiful area. Loved it. A swift kick to the wallet nuts, though.

What was I saying ... oh yeah. 
We end up meeting / talking with an owner of a winery there that’s originally from Texas. Seemed like a solid dude. 
During the conversation his gf arrives. She assumes we all know each other due to the way we’re talking.... as if we’re old friends or something.

She asks how long we’ve known each other and he replies that we’ve just met but that we were from the same area of Texas he used to live in.

She gets a look and then proceeds to dump all over Texas. She has considered visiting in the past, that Austin seems ok, but really she just can’t because of the people. Guns freak her out. She doesn’t know how she’s be received, etc. 

Mind you this woman is a white / late 40’s / Cali fit. 
I love California, and have a lot of family there. It’s a beautiful place. The people who haven’t ever really left / think it’s the center of the universe / think we’re some sort of backwards hick hovel are completely insufferable and can EAD.

Have you ever been to Amarillo? She's not entirely wrong.

That said... I agree. Not a fan of the stereotypes in either direction.

9 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i feel like that poor woman might have a difficult time with life two weeks from now 😳

Don't care; had grift

and made money on trumpkins.  maybe she gets high off her own supply, but she is still pretty smart to cash in while she can.  also, I can see one of trump's spawn making an appearance there for enough money to buy one more 8ball of coke.

Fake news.
Texas is the friendship state.
We’ve always been very welcoming to everyone that’s [checks notes]....
Yeah well Fuck you guys and your terrible Mexican food.
And hella is a stupid adjective that makes no god damn sense. 
Even worse are those that say Hecka because Hella is a sin.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

The people who haven’t ever really left / think it’s the center of the universe / think we’re some sort of backwards hick hovel are completely insufferable and can EAD.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present you the following evidence:

Exhibit 1:  Ted Cruz

Exhibit 2 :  John Cornyn 

Exhibit 3:  Trump 

Exhibit 4:  Greg Abbott

Exhibit 5:  Dan Patrick 

Exhibit 6:  Aggies

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Have you visited rural towns in Texas? Much of this state is a shithole filled with racist idiots. The town I keep my boat at down on the coast is full of Trump flags and no one wearing mask at the grocery store, worse they shit talk mask wearers. And they have to take thier guns everywhere.

Even my lady friend who lived in Berkeley through her 20s agrees, they take ideas too far, but at least they come from a place of ideals and improving the planet. In Texas the dominate driving ethos is " fuck you I got mine". Fuck the poor, minorities, environment, public access to land.

and have you been to central Cali or the Inland Empire? same shitholes.  Both are great states for different reasons but both are filled with shitholes with racist idiots.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I know I'm weird but I would not hork down on her. Even if she was just some woman who I met at a party, I don't think I'd hit it if I had the chance.   There's something off-putting about her. 

She looks like Brak from Space Ghost 

image.jpeg.5f67197fedafb836f435ce849a21889d.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I have only one piece of firsthand experience, but many moons ago, they interviewed a witness in one of my cases about the subject matter of the case (it was a national-reach story, he was a bit player, but had some explosive stuff to tell).  The interview took an hour.  They used maybe 60 seconds of it, and the Q/A they used was both largely irrelevant and not even particularly juicy.  60 minutes is good, but they're still packaging a story to sell.

That said, a bigger interview like the POTUS, I'm all but certain that they are quite careful to avoid any disingenuous slicing and dicing.  And for DOTUS....you don't need to.  Just let him be him, and that's absurd enough on its own.

If anything, 60 minutes will cut it in a way that is favorable to Trump.  I'm sure he mostly responded with incoherent rambling and rage, so 60 minutes may cut it to make him appear somewhat coherent.

Trump: "We need to finish building the wall to keep out Mexicans.  I don't hate Mexicans.  I love Mexicans. I had a Mexican nanny.  Second best tits I've seen after Ivanka's.  Loved her tits.  I think she was here legally.  My dad must have checked her papers.  He was the best ever at checking papers after me.  I'm the best.  That nanny died of cancer because she didn't have health insurance.  That's her own fault.  She should have gotten a better job with benefits."

60 minutes: "We need to finish building the wall to keep out Mexicans."

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Y’all should catch up on the Rudy thread. 

Also, lulz. 

I hope Lesley asked for a copy of that binder of papers. I bet it would be hilarious to read the contents. Probably just a bunch of print outs of Trump's tweets shitting on Obamacare over the years. 

26 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

In the film Borat is dispatched by the Kazakh government back to the US to present a bribe to an ally of Donald Trump in order to ingratiate his country with the administration. After the monkey earmarked for the gift is indisposed, Borat’s supposedly underage offspring becomes the replacement present.

not sure if typo or greatest plot ever