Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

32 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This fucking guy. 

Now tell us about the millions secret service pays in golf carts alone to clubs you own. Then do their hotel stays at Mar a Lago.

Anybody who falls for this bullshit, well Tommy is going to come around and hit you in the head with a tack hammer

• Hook 'Em 5

Why the sudden media blitz by Jared? He's being interviewed by Christane Amanpour on PBS. He was on CBS News this morning and I saw that he was being interviewed on some afternoon program I didn't watch. I can't recall where it was. But that's three times in one day. I'm not sure if he's spoken publicly three times in the last 3 1/2 years. 

36 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Why the sudden media blitz by Jared? He's being interviewed by Christane Amanpour on PBS. He was on CBS News this morning and I saw that he was being interviewed on some afternoon program I didn't watch. I can't recall where it was. But that's three times in one day. I'm not sure if he's spoken publicly three times in the last 3 1/2 years. 

Trump/Kushner 2020?

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

To my surprise, you can actually send a check to the NPS, made out to the NPS. https://www.nps.gov/subjects/partnerships/donate.htm

I'm sure his cover letter says something about putting him on Mt. Rushmore.

He must like the parks-- I saw this earlier this month and actually think it's a good/cool thing:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/president-trump-signs-great-american-outdoors-act-preserving-protecting-national-parks/

• Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Shit, I'm cheering for that to happen. That's a top 3 scenario, imo.

Because that would be so stupid, and so obvious, it would force a military intervention and for the supreme court to get involved much more than they'd like. We'd get the Mussolini moment many of us would relish. Shit. If it weren't so dangerous I'd add this to my prayers. 

While it would be so obvious that everyone with a lick of common sense would question it, would it get military intervention? I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that at least 90% of today's military and police are pro-trump. Trump pulling some brazen shit scares me mainly because of this. Who's gonna stop him? 

Edited by NorthLoop
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

While it would be so obvious that everyone with a lick of common sense would question it, would it get military intervention? I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that at least 90% of today's military and police are pro-trump. Trump pulling some brazen shit scares me mainly because of this. Who's gonna stop him? 

I mean I was kidding I clearly don’t want him to try. I think the military brass at the top are less and less pro trump. The day to day soldiers, moreso. But I know quite a few servicemen who think he’s a fucking idiot and can’t stand him.

Isn't the issue then a dissension in the ranks? It only takes one (pro Trump "I've had enough") soldier to start something that could snowball into an escalation of military chaos. I don't know enough about soldiering to know the likelihood of that, but my personal wild and rampant speculation is that is what seems to happen in other shithole countries that can't have nice things. I would like to think that American military personnel remember their oath to the constitution, but we are in weird and troubling times.

I want to see the fine print. It would be on brand to offer a small donation, sign the Act, and then turn around and quietly allow fracking, sell off other large swaths of land, or build a hotel. In other words, I'mma make a donation to the local food bank, and then as owner of the land upon which the food bank warehouse sits, raise the rent. The public sees one gesture but not the other.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Rougarou said:

He must like the parks-- I saw this earlier this month and actually think it's a good/cool thing:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/president-trump-signs-great-american-outdoors-act-preserving-protecting-national-parks/

This was a bipartisan piece of legislation that congress has been working on for years.   Dotard had nothing to do with it, but is trying to take all the credit, as usual.  All he had to do was not veto it and he didn't.  So, yay?

• Like 2

This was a bipartisan piece of legislation that congress has been working on for years.   Dotard had nothing to do with it, but is trying to take all the credit, as usual.  All he had to do was not veto it and he didn't.  So, yay?

This. Let’s be 100% clear: every single “achievement” of the Trump admin is actually “instead of fucking something up that was already happening, I just got the hell out of the way.” Not that I don’t appreciate it, but it ain’t particularly impressive.

On 8/13/2020 at 4:12 PM, Tuco said:

I think you may underestimate how much olds rely on the post office. They receive and pay bills, and get late charges when it’s untimely. This isn’t about voter suppression; it’s about late arriving birthday cards. The Dems should be hitting this hard.

Not only that but in a lot of rural outposts Amazon, Ebay, etc all depend on USPS to deliver online purchases.  The only home deliveries are things over a certain size or valuation.      And yes, a lot of them are scared of online transactions, so they still get paper bills and write checks in return.  

On 8/13/2020 at 4:49 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

This motherfucker just said Democrats want to keep schools closed because that's where voting booths are and the Democrats are trying to keep people from voting.

I have reached the point that I can no longer say what I really want to say about this man because I don't want to get put on any watch lists.

First time i have heard the "Dems trying to suppress the vote" reasoning from him.  I have to believe all his shit is going to confuse his base much more than Biden's.   I have already been fielding calls from people in the county who are asking a) Can we vote by mail still?, and b) Will we be able to vote in person on election day?

The anti trump voters have more sources for information than Fox, OAN and trump tweets.   Biden voters are smarter.   Trump voters are dumber, and all his confusing comments about voting is confusing them, not the Biden voters.  Like all those old racists in FL have to be confused as hell right now as to how they actually vote.   

On 8/13/2020 at 8:40 PM, Bama Chick said:

Yeah him and Bloomberg getting a slot over Beto and Stacey Abrams (two important voices from two traditionally red states that have a shot at going blue) is horseshit.

If Hillary or one of the old stalwarts really wanted to make a big difference, they would just use their time to introduce one of the newer Dem's coming on scene, like Beto, Chang, Abrams, etc.   Something like "We are all in this together.  You have heard my stuff so often you fall asleep, so here's someone with fresh ideas, _____________________.   While I might not agree with all their ideas, we should be giving time to listening to them, see how we can compromise and work towards a better country.   Let's not rehash old stale stuff only to glorify us old dogs."

She does something like that, she'd kill it.  But she'd never do it.  Too narcissistic.   Bill might, but she'd not let him.  That's been their problem all along.

Get out of here with your shitshow of how good/cool trump is.   Just another red herring, while he sells us out more every day.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/open-for-business-the-trump-revolution-on-public-lands

From the beginning of this Administration, President Trump has prioritized conservation and stewardship of our public lands and national parks. Today, President Trump signed into law the Great American Outdoors Act. This historic legislation, along with the John D. Dingell, Jr. Conservation, Management, and Recreation Act—which President Trump signed into law in March 2019—will benefit current and future generations of Americans.

It's so like him, that fine, humble man, to never speak of something so profoundly dear to his heart nor to blow his own horn about some considerate act. I have no doubt, my friends, that once the books are open on Donald Trump's quiet kind acts, we will be amazed at the achievements of this paragon, this saint, this epitome of what a citizen shouild be.

How much time he must have spent having the legislation explained to him very slowly while he shouted at the traitors on FOX News. It is rumored that he almost hurt his golf shoulder waving away the aide after he'd wrapped his great mind around the act. Then there's the pen!

President Donald Trump, that busy man, that ever-thinking-smart-things man, the man at the desk, has to choose the Sharpie for signing the bill he didn't write, introduce, know about, or, even now, particularly understand. His understated love for the canyons, forests, prairies, and mountains of his beloved America, a love almost as great as he feels for the flag which he actually hugs, leads him to choose a nice fresh Sharpie straight out of the package. Why do they make those packages so difficult to open? He's practically a Hercules, our president, but he had to get help from Kellyanne to tear the plastic. 

The signature is done. Sigh. Maybe a teardrop. "See if you can find somebody who cares about this thing enough to vote for me."

And there it is. Maybe it didn't rise to the level of Executive Order. Maybe he never mentioned it. But he signed it.

Isn't that what love and consideration for your fellow citizen is all about?

I.D.I.O.T. World

• Like 2

“Trump is personally preventing any further COVID relief from being passed because it includes funding for the US postal service and he wants to try to steal the election and prefers you being broke or dead if he can somehow steal it” should be the first sentence any democratic candidate says for the next two months in any ad, appearance or debate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I cant speak on the police side, but on the military side 90% is definitely hyperbolic. Military in general backs Rs, because Rs usually pump more money into their pockets, but they also reflect their communities and will let other factors override their pocket book.  Its a way easier switch than abortion voters going for Biden, which is happening substantially.  He will definitely carry the majority of the military vote, but I think it will track closer to 50-66%, nothing close to 90%.

Classy move, Donald.  Maybe bring up his two dead children and dead first wife while you're there.  You know...really seem Stately?  

It's a campaign, almost everything is fair game.  I get it, been there myself.  But trying to shit on the guy in his hometown...really?  Do you not understand what the guy could say about you in New York?  The places he could speak in front of where you cheated on your wives, courthouses you cut bankruptcy deals, places you molested your children?  

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's not even close to true.

It may not be 90%, but it's significant:

https://this.kiji.is/667200414344201313?c=592622757532812385

New York City’s biggest police union backed President Donald Trump’s bid for reelection Friday, as Trump slammed a “a left wing war on cops.”

“We need your strong voice across the country,” said Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch.

Lynch and Trump spoke before a crowd at Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, N.J., attended by PBA leaders wearing red MAGA hats.

Lynch said it was the first time in his memory that the PBA had endorsed a presidential candidate.

“That’s how important this is,” he said to applause from the crowd. “Mr. President, we are fighting for our lives out there … You earned this endorsement, and I’m proud to give it.”

“We have to bring order back to our cities, back to our country,” said Trump, who said Joe Biden will make the country more dangerous.

“No one will be safe in Biden’s America … . They’re ruining your suburbs, they want to ruin it,” he said.

Trump also said Mayor Bill de Blasio has “launched a real crusade against the police.”

I have no doubt police are more aligned with Trump than the military.  The thing is, with the military, the brass is educated, and in general quite patriotic.  They see what Trump is doing, and the majority are appalled.

My best friend is a Major currently enrolled in Army War College, trying to make Lt. Colonel.  He has made it very clear that there is a spectrum amongst the upper brass, from relatively liberal to quite conservative.  Throughout those upper ranks there is concern about Trump's disregard for the Constitution and the rule of law.  In the enlisted ranks, he says it tends more conservative, but it's mostly related to where a particular soldier grew up, which obviously trends rural.  There are plenty of foot soldiers who despise Trump, too.  I couldn't get him to put an exact number on things, but he felt the split among top brass was close to 50/50, and less so among the rank and file.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It may not be 90%, but it's significant:

https://this.kiji.is/667200414344201313?c=592622757532812385

Cops yes because they're afraid of actual police reform that holds them accountable for their racist crimes against minorites. 

Military I'm not so sure. Trump completely abandoning them as his buddy Putin puts and pays bounties on thier heads hasn't had an effect?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This shit most likely backfires on him. In 2016 he had no track record and could sell hope while he was attacking a woman fox news and right wing propaganda had spent two decades demonizing. Much easier sell. 

This time he's overseen and contributed strongly to the worst american disaster since the great depression and the guy he attacking was well liked or indifferent to by most Americans under Obama, and the right wing propaganda machine hasn't had the long amount of time to demonize him at all. 

This kind of stuff should further drive away sensible white suburbanites along with his horrific handling of coronavirus. 

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I have no doubt police are more aligned with Trump than the military.  The thing is, with the military, the brass is educated, and in general quite patriotic.  They see what Trump is doing, and the majority are appalled.

My best friend is a Major currently enrolled in Army War College, trying to make Lt. Colonel.  He has made it very clear that there is a spectrum amongst the upper brass, from relatively liberal to quite conservative.  Throughout those upper ranks there is concern about Trump's disregard for the Constitution and the rule of law.  In the enlisted ranks, he says it tends more conservative, but it's mostly related to where a particular soldier grew up, which obviously trends rural.  There are plenty of foot soldiers who despise Trump, too.  I couldn't get him to put an exact number on things, but he felt the split among top brass was close to 50/50, and less so among the rank and file.

Glad to be wrong about this one 

41 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Glad to be wrong about this one 

I hope you're wrong and he's right.  I can certainly understand any skepticism.  At the least, we should be relieved that the orders flow from the top down, so there's a chance the military will  do the right thing.

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

At this point what is he going to say that everybody hasn't already been hearing from him non-stop over the past month or two?  Nothing he's been endlessly prattling on about has really had any effect on the public's perception of Biden so far, so I don't see this latest stunt moving the needle either.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I hope you're wrong and he's right.  I can certainly understand any skepticism.  At the least, we should be relieved that the orders flow from the top down, so there's a chance the military will  do the right thing.

I also hope he's right. It would give me a little more hope knowing that West Point classmates Mike Pompeo and Mark Esper were outnumbered by men and women who are serving the country over their ambition.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I also hope he's right. It would give me a little more hope knowing that West Point classmates Mike Pompeo and Mark Esper were outnumbered by men and women who are serving the country over their ambition.

Two of my three male cousins are brothers & West Point grads, both Army Rangers, both medal winners including multiple Purple Hearts, one is still in the service as a Colonel.  No way am I asking either one of them their thoughts on Trump.  So, I'm internally sure there's plenty of gung-ho Trumpism within even the high brass.  It's just not 90%.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Two of my three male cousins are brothers & West Point grads, both Army Rangers, both medal winners including multiple Purple Hearts, one is still in the service as a Colonel.  No way am I asking either one of them their thoughts on Trump.  So, I'm internally sure there's plenty of gung-ho Trumpism within even the high brass.  It's just not 90%.

Yeah, career officers get a fair amount of education/inculcation on how and where the military fits in with a civilized society that I think gives many of them a pretty broad view on politics and politicians so they are less susceptible to partisan drivel, or drivel more generally.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, career officers get a fair amount of education/inculcation on how and where the military fits in with a civilized society that I think gives many of them a pretty broad view on politics and politicians so they are less susceptible to partisan drivel, or drivel more generally.

My buddy at Army War College has been sending me all kinds of (unclassified) studies on diplomacy, military role abroad, etc. and I'll tell you it's fascinating.  Obviously it comes with a certain slant but it is far from simple or thoughtless.  I will eventually post some of it here, but I want to absorb it myself first.  (All of it is public domain, it's just that not many people look for it.)

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's not even close to true.

Agree - Sanders was will liked by active duty military - beating Trump when he was in the race. Sanders voters don't kill American citizens. Generals don't like uncertainty. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/bernie-sanders-leads-trump-all-2020-candidates-in-donations-from-active-duty-troops-946188/ - January 2020:

No other 2020 candidate for president, including Donald Trump, can come close to matching Bernie Sanders’ level of support among members of the U.S. military, to go by the most recent campaign finance data from the Federal Election Commission.

Soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines have donated a total of $185,625 to Sen. Sanders’ 2020 campaign. By comparison, they have given $113,012 to Trump, $80,250 to Pete Buttigieg, $64,604 to Sen. Elizabeth Warren, and a relatively paltry $33,045 to former Vice President Joe Biden, according to Doug Weber, a senior researcher at the Center for Responsive Politics.

For every candidate in the 2020 race, the CRP maintains a list of the 20 companies or institutions whose employees have given the most money to his or her campaign. Remarkably, the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Air Force, the Department of Defense, and the Department of Veterans Affairs all separately appear on Sanders’ list, comprising 5 of his top 20. The largest service branch, the U.S. Army, comes in at number 11, with $65,395 in total donations. That’s just behind Walmart, whose employees gave $69,523.