Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Within 72 hours of bacon short supply our society starts to pull apart at the seams. Glad I got that case of Israeli 556 in the closet. 

Not compatible with bacon.   You got any Virginia 5.56?  

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Friend in the food supply chain biz shared an email from Smithfield. There is an overwhelming food supply right now and they have even had orders being canceled. No cause for bacon panic yet.

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Just what I would expect someone to say who is on their way to buy all the bacon.  

Nice try bacon hoarder! 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Within 72 hours of bacon short supply our society starts to pull apart at the seams. Glad I got that case of Israeli 556 in the closet. 

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Just don't grab that 556 with bacon greased hands. It will misfire.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

69* Dude!

*grains

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is there a bacon ETF?  Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

I think pork belly futures are a good proxy.  /no cr

51 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I have a couple of friends who work for one of the largest food service bacon processors in the country.  They recently told me bacon demand is so depressed that pork bellies are being sent to rendering instead of processed.  Similar to the previous discussed milk problems.

50 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

It’s the fresh bacon index now, and bacon is historically cheap right now because 70 percent typically goes through food service and cold storage is jammed full. 

45 minutes ago, Loco said:

Not compatible with bacon.   You got any Virginia 5.56?  

39 minutes ago, HookEm said:

If bacon gets cheap I will buy 300 pounds. Bacon is a staple in our family.

37 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

My local grocery store has cooler full of 10lb food service packs so you’ll probably have the chance to do so soon 

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

13 posts and no one could summon the REAL BACON?!!??

giphy.gif

• Like 1

CNN has an interview with Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson, he explains their targeted approach and defends the state not issuing a stay-at-home order. He claims they been 

"We have masks and social distancing and the people of Arkansas have embraced that. That gives you success," Hutchinson said, adding later, "We want to take the long-term approach to this and you're not going to win simply by a lockdown."
Asked if other states have made a mistake in issuing stay-at-home orders, Hutchinson replied, "Not at all. It just reflects the flexibility a state needs. I applaud New Jersey and New York. They've had to really lock down."
Hutchinson announced on March 11 that Arkansas had its first confirmed case of coronavirus.
As of Sunday morning, the state currently has more than 1,200 cases and at least 25 deaths, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University.
With only 80 hospitalizations among 8,000 available hospital beds, Hutchinson told CNN that the state is "beating that trend line" of projected Covid-19 deaths, and "at least flat," if not at the peak of cases.
"There's a lot of hope and optimism this Easter that our tough time is behind and we're going to be getting better," the governor said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/politics/arkansas-governor-no-stay-at-home-order-coronavirus-cnntv/index.html

Godspeed with this Arkansas; I'm skeptical that the future of the nation may res ton Razorback nation.
NSIAP

58 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I have a couple of friends who work for one of the largest food service bacon processors in the country.  They recently told me bacon demand is so depressed that pork bellies are being sent to rendering instead of processed.  Similar to the previous discussed milk problems.

bacon is still over priced, imo 

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

CNN has an interview with Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson, he explains their targeted approach and defends the state not issuing a stay-at-home order. He claims they been 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/politics/arkansas-governor-no-stay-at-home-order-coronavirus-cnntv/index.html

Godspeed with this Arkansas; I'm skeptical that the future of the nation may res ton Razorback nation.
NSIAP

A work friend lives in rural arkansas, zero tests kits in his part of the state 

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah, what you said was dumb, but I want to focus on the really egregious thing about this post. Why is it broken up into so many lines and why is it double spaced?

That's not very kosher

10 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

So did people stop dying or what? Seems like this thread is slowing way down.

My daughter, who is an RN in a large Texas hospital, got sent to the bench along with many others last week because the hospital is empty while they wait to be overrun by CV-19 patients.  I call bullshit.  We shall see.

6 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

My daughter, who is an RN in a large Texas hospital, got sent to the bench along with many others last week because the hospital is empty while they wait to be overrun by CV-19 patients.  I call bullshit.  We shall see.

The same thing that has happened to my family and friends that work in the hospital there is no work and people are getting their hours cut.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

12 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

The same thing that has happened to my family and friends that work in the hospital there is no work and people are getting their hours cut.

not trying to doxx but what parts of texas (roughly)? 

• Fuck You 1

The Philippines reported 50 deaths yesterday to bring the total to 297. The death rate had been in the 20s, so it may be an escalation. Considering that the Chinese spread the infection here in January there must be a reason why the outbreak in Manila is not like New York City. The reported cases are over 4600 now but it is testing limited and not a valid measure. What is clear is that there are no signs of a large number of deaths occurring in peoples homes as I was anticipating.

Some Filipinos I know are in favor of the BCG vaccine hypothesis plus the higher temperatures. The vast majority of Filipinos do not have air conditioning and when they gather they tend to gather outside, such us on the street, an alleyway, under a tree, or a covered but open sided basketball court. I will be watching for results of the BCG vaccine testing, to see if it is more than a epidemiological coincidence. About 90% of babies born here get the vaccine. It may be that I am safer here from Covid than in the US after all. 

A number of the hospitals in TN have had rounds of layoffs and hour cutbacks. With no elective work going on, hospital revenue is down along with the need for employees. Stats say we are also peaking here in the next couple of days, so the hospital patient counts will likely remain low.

31 minutes ago, achooloco said:

not trying to doxx but what parts of texas (roughly)? 

I know Waco/Temple BS&W and Providence are both that way right now.   I know tons of nurses, PT’s and others that are going broke because they aren’t working at all right now. 

• Like 1

I'd sworn I wasn't going to get on the soapbox, but screw it.

Small town America is what's going to to blow this thing into the stratosphere.

All of the hicks pricks and dicks are still not paying attention or believing this thing is for real.

Nacogdoches had a 460% increase between this Saturday and Sunday.  Sure, it only went from 10 to 46, but fuck people, they look at it like "46 ain't much y'all".  Stupid arrogant, soon to die, or put me and my family at risk mother fuckers...damn all of you ignorant, no precautionary pieces of shit.  Keep going out with no precautions, coughing, sneezing and hacking uncovered I hope you all burn in hell.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

What are you calling bullshit on? 

You should be thankful as fuck if this shit doesn't really make it to your daughter's hospital.

5 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

All of the hicks pricks and dicks are still not paying attention or believing this thing is for real.

Nacogdoches had a 460% increase between this Saturday and Sunday.  Sure, it only went from 10 to 46, but fuck people, they look at it like "46 ain't much y'all".  Stupid arrogant, soon to die, or put me and my family at risk mother fuckers...damn all of you ignorant, no precautionary pieces of shit.  Keep going out with no precautions, coughing, sneezing and hacking uncovered I hope you all burn in hell.

That escalated quickly.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

45 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

it's at the point of opening everything up and letting it play out (for better or worst). texas is opening up before May 3. would that put a second wave peaking around memorial day ?

Couple this with the new large growing crowd segment saying it’s an agenda driven disease and the people dying from it aren’t dying from it.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

it's at the point of opening everything up and letting it play out (for better or worst). texas is opening up before May 3. would that put a second wave peaking around memorial day ?

Well since it’s certainly not going to be opening everything up and back to normal, and May 3rd is still 3 weeks away, and we still have terrible data, who knows?  Guessing numbers and dates on this thing right now is sort of like playing the stock market right now or as you are more familiar with oil.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away