Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Update 6/5/20

May 1, 2020 - Beginning on May 1, 2020 (Friday), retail stores, restaurants, places of worship, movie theaters and malls will be allowed to operate at 25% capacity. The Travis County Fire Marshal's Office has provided a business reopening guidance.

Travis County Kung Flu Deaths - Cumulative total

3/27: 1 death

6/1:   93 deaths

6/2:   93 deaths

6/3:  93 deaths

6/4: 95 deaths

6/5: 97 deaths

Last Five Days: +4

Travis County Health Care Stats: Current numbers

6/1:  Hp: - 97, ICU - 41, Vent - 21

6/2:  Hp - 97, ICU - 41, Vent - 21

6/3: Hp - 93, ICU - 41, Vent - 21

6/4: Hp - 91, ICU - 38, Vent - 20

6/4: Hp - 88, ICU - 37, Vent - 22

Last Five Days: Hp: -9, ICU: -4, Vent: +1

https://austin.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/39e4f8d4acb0433baae6d15a931fa984

US Death Total 6/3/20

Nursing Home/Extended Care Deaths: 52,121 (53.3%)

Remaining Population (all ages):           45,690

Total:                                                           97,810

Top 5: Highest State Death Totals:

NY: 24,023

NJ: 11,880

Mass: 7,152

Pennsylvania: 5,667

Michigan: 5,334

(Dropped out Illinois: 5,270)

Total: 54,056 (55.3% of total deaths)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1ETm51GayRjlnoaRVtUOWfkolEeAQZ-zPhXkCbVe4_ik/htmlview#gid=43566737

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PawsomeRedRaider said:

Had all the covid symptoms. Got tested for covid twice. Negative both times. At least the coughing has stopped. 

T&P for your raider rash AIDS hybrid 

Guest Lobo
22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

raider rash AIDS hybrid 

dibs on this name for my Natalie Maines/Buddy Holly/Joe Ely mashup cover band.  

I think I'm gonna lock this thread and start a new one for the 2nd wave discussion. 

Should we cut this thread up into many other threads for the archive or should we leave it as one big whole shitshow for posterity's sake? 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I think I'm gonna lock this thread and start a new one for the 2nd wave discussion. 

Should we cut this thread up into many other threads for the archive or should we leave it as one big whole shitshow for posterity's sake? 

as long as we can call the new one  Wuhan China Virus 2nd wave - bending the curve and hitting the curl

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

One big steaming pile of......

18 hours ago, Lurch said:

Anyone else in charge of deciding when and how to reopen your office? It’s a nightmare. We keep changing our minds and plans. I have people that strongly want to get back and others that don’t want to return until there is a vaccine. Then many more like me that keep going back and forth. We can’t figure out how to reconfigure desks/offices more appropriately, particularly without know how many to plan for. We also don’t want to inadvertently apply peer pressure to either group. Presumably the same problem is trying to be worked out by millions of companies around the globe and Ive yet to see a good solution.

We had a small exec team meeting in office for first time and it was weird. Nothing feels right. For example, I sneeze several times a day (probably allergies) and I couldn’t help but wonder if I/they would even know what to do if one of us did. Fortunately none of us did, but what a fucking strange thing to even have to think about. Seriously, what do you do? Act like nothing just happened? End the meeting? Perpetrator goes back in to wipe down? Wtf.

Don’t forget about your building water system.  Water isn’t supposed to sit in pipes for more than a few days. Legionnaires Disease is no bullshit.

• Like 1

there's no way that anyone is going to read 896 pages of bullshit. the first wave is done everything is opened back up again and people are out in the streets protesting. 

Contextually this thread doesn't make sense to the new events that will transpire and serves better as a reminder how the first wave went standing on its own.

I think I'm gonna make a "greatest hits" version and keep the full version as well. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Start a thread with a hyperlink back to CR when they crawl out of there, mostly at night...mostly.

46 minutes ago, immamac said:

One shitshow, please.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, immamac said:

there's no way that anyone is going to read 896 pages of bullshit. the first wave is done everything is opened back up again and people are out in the streets protesting. 

Contextually this thread doesn't make sense to the new events that will transpire and serves better as a reminder how the first wave went standing on its own.

I think I'm gonna make a "greatest hits" version and keep the full version as well. 

Will there be titties?

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Did the first wave end or something?  The numbers have been consistent for over a month. 

No, Travis County just had our biggest week yet.

But there's going to be a pretty clear break between January - May, and June -> Forward.  We will probably see larger increases here in TC at least.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

But there's going to be a pretty clear break between January - May, and June -> Forward.  We will probably see larger increases here in TC at least.

No I was told first wave is done. Noted Infectious disease expert immamac said so 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Keep being you, click bait drama filled headline article. 

The previous high they mentioned in April occurred when the avg daily testing was 10k per day. Florida is now around 22k a day. So maybe the headline should be confirmed infected positive rate drops to half the level in April?  But that’s not alarmist enough to get clicks. Could also mention that the deaths per day has decreased by ~25% since peak.  

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Guest Lobo
5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fake News.  First Wave declared totally over with.  I was told Friday was a great day in America, presumably because we had our highest totals in Travis County since April.  Which I find a weird thing to celebrate, but hey---here we are!  

Also, in the off chance you're having a nice day today with your family...go read the comments on any news site about that 75 year old Buffalo man in critical condition.  Holy shit, you'd think portions of our country would be sympathetic to an elderly man who is probably going to live out the rest his days drooling into a feeding tube because of police brutality.  But NOPE...not on our country's watch.  Nope.  It's "fuck him", "he was asking for it", "cops are innocent", "hope this guy dies before he can testify"  

Black, White, Brown, Asian.  One thing we revered in this country for a long time across all economic and political spectrums was respecting our elders.  Nope, not anymore.  Fuck him and fuck anybody at the wrong place at the wrong time.  But hey, no politics for Covid-19...'cause Covid-19 is over!!!!!!!!  

Ain't no party like a Surly Virus party 'cause a Surly Virus party don't stop! 

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fake News.  First Wave declared totally over with.  I was told Friday was a great day in America, presumably because we had our highest totals in Travis County since April.  Which I find a weird thing to celebrate, but hey---here we are!  

Also, in the off chance you're having a nice day today with your family...go read the comments on any news site about that 75 year old Buffalo man in critical condition.  Holy shit, you'd think portions of our country would be sympathetic to an elderly man who is probably going to live out the rest his days drooling into a feeding tube because of police brutality.  But NOPE...not on our country's watch.  Nope.  It's "fuck him", "he was asking for it", "cops are innocent", "hope this guy dies before he can testify"  

Black, White, Brown, Asian.  One thing we revered in this country for a long time across all economic and political spectrums was respecting our elders.  Nope, not anymore.  Fuck him and fuck anybody at the wrong place at the wrong time.  But hey, no politics for Covid-19...'cause Covid-19 is over!!!!!!!!  

Ain't no party like a Surly Virus party 'cause a Surly Virus party don't stop! 

I believe there is Covid-19 thread in the CR.  There is no reason to have a shit show of people arguing politics on 2 threads on the same topic.  Just my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The previous high they mentioned in April occurred when the avg daily testing was 10k per day. Florida is now around 22k a day. So maybe the headline should be confirmed infected positive rate drops to half the level in April?  But that’s not alarmist enough to get clicks. Could also mention that the deaths per day has decreased by ~25% since peak.  

Fair. I skimmed the article.

Just now, Buzzrock said:

Fair. I skimmed the article.

I wasn’t directing that at you, just the website, as in general it seems none of the news outlets can report without being hyperbolic idiotic dipshits. It’s either “the world is ending!” or “the virus is being faked by ____!” or “take 5 grams of zinc a day according to someone!”  If I was calling you out, I would have just called you and asshole.

Asshole. 

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

In April were they testing as many folks ?  I believe that's a factor in this pandemic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leaf said:

I believe there is Covid-19 thread in the CR.  There is no reason to have a shit show of people arguing politics on 2 threads on the same topic.  Just my opinion.

When  we want your opinion, we'll give it to you.  Trust me on that.

• Haha 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away