CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

34 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

NINTCHDBPICT000578636822-e1587571708306.

What I love about these pics (aside from her being clearly out of fucks to give) are the ages of the people involved.  These nurses look to be in their 20's and 30's while the protestors are old whites named Karen and Larry.

This country will be fine in the future.  

Nurse has every right imo to put one between his eyes if she were carrying, pretty much anyone should have that right for that fuckstick. 

42 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

What I love about these pics (aside from her being clearly out of fucks to give) are the ages of the people involved.  These nurses look to be in their 20's and 30's while the protestors are old whites named Karen and Larry.

Every generation thinks that. You know what happens when the olds die off? Young people become old and start to act like stupid fucking old people. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I really don't think China's wet dream would be decimating their market for rascal scooters.

'member when no one north of San Antonio knew what they were.    Nor did we have chicken fajitas.  

Are y'all 90 years old?  Fajitas were marketed at establishments state wide by the late 70s at least.  Chicken fajitas were around in the early 80s.

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The economy was never really closed.  People went home out of fear of spreading the virus.  That fear isn’t going away with thousands dying a day. 

Personally, I’m pretty fucking ok with right wing nut jobs being the canaries in the reopening coal mine.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Are y'all 90 years old?  Fajitas were marketed at establishments state wide by the late 70s at least.  Chicken fajitas were around in the early 80s.

Or....we're old enough to have a memory of the early 70s.  So, I mean, we ain't YOUNG.

• Like 2

Just now, Goredho said:

Personally, I’m pretty fucking ok with right wing nut jobs being the canaries in the reopening coal mine.

The problem is when a passel of those infected canaries decides to walk right up to you at HEB when you're trying to keep your distance.

If you want to risk your own death, I ain't gonna stop you. If you want to risk killing OTHER people, you are literally a plague upon the planet.  The Party of Trump and his followers are a disease - they have already helped kill many, they will surely kill more.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't recall which one of you had the excellent example by the professor who discussed a better journalistic questioning style, but I sure wish these reporters would use it. Trump is actually really good at not answering questions and turning it into an attack.

Do you recall what this questioning style entailed? Leading questions, or what? 

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The problem is when a passel of those infected canaries decides to walk right up to you at HEB when you're trying to keep your distance.

If you want to risk your own death, I ain't gonna stop you. If you want to risk killing OTHER people, you are literally a plague upon the planet.  The Party of Trump and his followers are a disease - they have already helped kill many, they will surely kill more.

I'd propose we open up Kentucky and WV for business and close all borders leaving those states.  Given 68.5% and 62.5% of the voters in those states voted for Trump, I'd assume they'd be on board, right?

2 hours ago, trauma babe said:

I ~got in trouble~ recently for ordering a test on a polytrauma patient that arrived intubated because I didn't consult with our infectious disease team first. We had no social or medical history on this person when they arrived, so, you know, I figured I'd try to find out whether or not we were admitting a patient with COVID-19. But I didn't pick up the phone to page a resident first while this patient was crashing..

So uh, if I am getting sick, should I write in sharpie on my face my surly name and draw a jackass or dickbutt to communicate with the staff that I am not one of those assholes who deserves this?   I think I have an beto shirt too.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You are right, but "reopening" is going to happen sooner rather than later no matter what facts or logical arguments suggest that it is a bad idea.  The party of willful ignorance is in charge and they are getting antsy about losing power.  They will motivate their base in recalcitrant states to go out and make any stay at home orders ineffectual.  And the only thing you or I can do about it is stay the fuck at home as much as possible and let the idiots embrace their insanity.

The silver lining to that is that the surge in deaths will be weighed heavily towards those who are deserving of it -- the people we see claiming this is bullshit, those protesting at the state capitols and the people that will believe their gut feels over facts, science and empiricism.  Death won't be constrained to them, but it will favor them heavily.

For some reason, I find that comforting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He also retweeted the following on his account, so his grift game is strong. Plus, he's an author! Guess he should thank academia for learning how to read and write or is that unpatriotic?

It is going to be a collectors item someday.  Right next to those Lugers with the Nazi symbols

46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When I was growing up, seeing someone carrying an American flag usually meant that they were a veteran marching in a parade, or it was the 4th of July, or some similar American holiday and/or celebration.  It made me happy to see.  It was actually a symbol of our commonality.

These days, when I see someone waving an American flag, they are almost always an ignorant piece of shit doing so as a "suck it!" maneuver.  In short, today, when I see someone waving the American flag, I assume they are shitty, ignorant people.  And it's almost always accurate.  Goddamn shame what it's become.

What this country needs right now is for Rick Monday to make a comeback to save the sanctity of the American Flag!! 

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When I was growing up, seeing someone carrying an American flag usually meant that they were a veteran marching in a parade, or it was the 4th of July, or some similar American holiday and/or celebration.  It made me happy to see.  It was actually a symbol of our commonality.

These days, when I see someone waving an American flag, they are almost always an ignorant piece of shit doing so as a "suck it!" maneuver.  In short, today, when I see someone waving the American flag, I assume they are shitty, ignorant people.  And it's almost always accurate.  Goddamn shame what it's become.

what about when you see someone wearing a sportcoat and a usa hat?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

More pics of the nurse that ran out of fucks to give.  Props to the troll game by her friend, too.  (The people woke up one day, put on a costume and drove to town to yell at nurses.  What is wrong with these fucking people?)

"When they inevitably contract Covid-19 and transmit it to their loved ones, Lauren will be one of the first faces they will see when they are admitted to the ICU. She may also be one of the last faces that they ever see," Saeed said in his post.

NINTCHDBPICT000578300442.jpg?w=620

NINTCHDBPICT000578300572.jpg?w=620

NINTCHDBPICT000578636697-e1587572879160.

NINTCHDBPICT000578300859.jpg?w=620

https://www.the-sun.com/news/720944/nurse-faces-off-arizona-lockdown-protesters-caring-coronavirus-patients/

Hot nurse who doesn't have any time for my bullshit.  Yes, please.

Added bonus--she's a Sun Devil, so you know she knows how to lick a butthole.

2 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

At this point who gives a fuck, let them get mad. What else they gonna do? Go find treatment where?

3 hours ago, BLKNSTY said:

assuming we keep SIP this “stringent” in some places, over/under on it taking a month before we start seeing armed protesters at hospitals?

About a month ago an extremist in Missouri was shot and killed by the FBI, as they tried to arrest him for a plot to blow up a hospital.  That's definitely a couple of standard deviations out on the bell curve from the idiots who are protesting SIP orders, but the following mindsets should not be underestimated:

1. Extremists who think some great upheaval will result in a revolution, and eventually in a return to whatever delusion they think America is about.  (Usually involving some white Christian version with lots of guns.) Tim McVeigh and his idiot buddies thought they would spark a revolution with their terrorism.  

2. Religious extremists who see a plague as part of the apocalypse. You know, the same cultists who pushed for moving the embassy in Israel as a necessary step for the second coming, and were fucking successful. 

3. White supremacists who believe that this is a good time to accelerate attacks on minorities.  

In other words, not everyone thinks this is a bad thing.  Some people prayed for this, quite literally.  And the more damage the better, as far as they are concerned. 

Missouri extremist

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

A sportcoat and any balllcap looks ridiculous.

Only guy I ever saw truly pull it off while not being an asshole was Marty Funkhauser. 

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

lulz cuomo is slamming mcconnell. 

And then followed up with how much NY state pays to the federal govt and what it receives back, and contrasted that with Kentucky being a recipient of more government funding than what it pays in was brutal as fuck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Often they also say "I didn't have the pleasure of serving but..."

NINTCHDBPICT000578636822-e1587571708306.jpg?w=620

Hope so. I'll probably be a Larry when my grandkids try to explain to me it's totally okay for them to be in a relationship with a robot.

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

In the late 80s my dad would go to the meat market and buy them for under $1 a lbs. Usually around $.80 or so. 

Even adjusting for inflation that's extremely cheap compared to the $7+ or so skirt goes for now.  

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know I live in a bubble of US news, so here's a genuine question: are other countries having to deal with these "open back up"/"fuck you I'm not wearing a mask" groups?  Or is it primarily an American thing?

I can speak to what is happening/has happened in India and Iran. The answer to your question is yes. In fact, there are some Muslims who believe that coronavirus is a gift from Allah because it sounds like Koran/Quran. In Iran, there are people still kissing holy statues because Allah and the resultant effects were as expected. IIRC, US satellite imagery showed mass graves being constructed in Iran. In India, there have been some reports of Muslims spitting on handrails and attacking healthcare workers and police as they go into the community for testing and to deliver care.

18 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

In the late 80s my dad would go to the meat market and buy them for under $1 a lbs. Usually around $.80 or so. 

Even adjusting for inflation that's extremely cheap compared to the $7+ or so skirt goes for now.  

The Hyatt downtown was serving beef and chicken fajitas in the mid 70's.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know I live in a bubble of US news, so here's a genuine question: are other countries having to deal with these "open back up"/"fuck you I'm not wearing a mask" groups?  Or is it primarily an American thing?

There have been, but they have been slowing down:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242226426.html

As people continue to protest coronavirus lockdown measures in the United States, civil uprisings have quieted in other countries. 

Governments around the world have restricted mass gatherings, and movements in Hong Kong, Delhi and Beirut have halted, according to The New York Times. 

Protests in Russia against President Vladimir Putin’s plan to hold a vote on term limits have also been halted due to the pandemic, Quartz reported. In Algeria, the president banned protests due to COVID-19, putting an end to 56 weeks of demonstrations against the country’s political system, according to the outlet.

Hong Kong authorities have also arrested 15 pro-democracy protesters for organizing and participating in protests, according to The New York Times.

But that hasn’t stopped protesters from voicing their dissent in other ways. Activists in Chile projected pictures of crowds onto the streets, while medical workers went on strike in Hong Kong to criticize how the government has handled the outbreak, according to The New York Times. 

In Brazil, millions of people banged pots while on their balconies to protest the country’s response to the outbreak, Quartz reported. On Facebook Live, about 600,000 people protested Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s push to close parliament. 

“No one jumps on the barricades when they think the barricade might have a virus on it,” Richard Gowan, the UN director at the International Crisis Group, told Quartz. “[Coronavirus is] a deterrent to protest and it may be giving some pretty authoritarian leaders a bit of respite in this context.”

Elsewhere, some have chosen to defy government lockdowns to protest. 

As economic conditions worsen, protesters have convened in Mumbai in India and cities in Iraq and Lebanon, The Washington Post reported. 

Demonstrators across the U.S., from Michigan to Pennsylvania, have protested state shutdowns. 

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Opening her Berlin toy store Wednesday for the first time in over a month, Galina Hooge said she had already received government aid and the process was “surprisingly quick and uncomplicated.”

She said it only covered the store’s rent and bills, but she felt relatively secure thanks to Germany’s universal health insurance and strong social safety net.

“The main thing is that everyone stays healthy and the situation doesn’t become like America,” she said, referring to the large number of cases and deaths in the United States.
Besides help for small businesses, Germany's aid package is designed to keep the unemployment rate down and allow workers to return quickly when possible. While Washington is sending out one-time stimulus checks to Americans, the German government plan pays at least 60% of the salary of employees who are on reduced or no hours.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-nw-south-korea-germany-coronavirus-covid-19-20200422-ca2wbvagu5dl7kjcaq5bg7jnpe-story.html

My mom is over there right now, she hasnt seen or heard of anything like the dumb shit happening here.  I think the AfD made some noise in the government, but I dont know of any protests in the streets or anything.  

The AfD is finding that it is much better at stoking the fires of imaginary crises rather than real ones, and that its ideology – nationalism spearheaded by fascism – is precisely the wrong one for the period we are in, which requires a keen civic spirit and  collaboration across borders.

It is understandable why it is sticking to its old playbook, because it was working fairly well until reality intervened. The party was being joyfully hawkish about refugees trying to cross the Greek border, downplaying a mass-murderous act of white supremacist terrorism, and celebrating an unprecedented alliance with right-wing parties in the state of Thuringia. Now, it has to deal with the unexciting business of keeping people safe regardless of their religion or colour, and it doesn’t like it. 

Unfortunately for the AfD, this is a period in which people have been reminded of the importance of scientific rigour and good governance, and during which the Government is earning a huge amount of political goodwill. Germans only need to look at the disastrously inept approach taken to COVID-19 in the UK to understand, in relative terms, just how good they have it.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/21/the-coronavirus-crisis-germanys-approach-to-covid-19-shows-that-evidence-works-will-it-be-enough-to-see-off-the-far-right/

/Insert rant about two party system here.  

56 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Hope so. I'll probably be a Larry when my grandkids try to explain to me it's totally okay for them to be in a relationship with a robot.

51 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Like you aren't already WELL aware of the phenomenon.....

171023_sex_doll_baby_creator_0.jpg

Okay, I was reading fast, and this sequence of posts seemed related at first. 

• Like 1