CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

8 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Embarrassing if UT doesn’t implement the same policy at DKR if it hasn’t already. It would be even better if the state sued us to try to stop it. Defending such a mandate in court can be the kill shot needed to end Abbott and Paxton.

Are there any UT regents that weren't nominated by Abbott and confirmed by Patrick?

Tractor Supply in Oklahoma is sold out of horse paste:

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning people not to take horse deworming medication to treat COVID-19. 

It turns out the medicine, Ivermectin, is flying off store shelves in Oklahoma, despite the warning.

“Once the damage is done in these situations, you’re not going back,” Dr. Mary Clarke with the Oklahoma State Medical Association. 

t’s damage that could lead to long-term health problems. Dr. Clark told KFOR Oklahomans are using the drug to treat or prevent COVID-19.

“The FDA has said please, please, this is not something that is recommended,” said Dr. Clarke. “And the manufacturer of the actual medicine has said we have no evidence of effectiveness.” 

Dr. Clarke said the drug, which has not been studied on humans, treats or prevents parasites in animals. However, Clarke said there are two versions of Ivermectin.

“There’s a human-grade, but it’s for parasite infections,” said Clarke. “20 years ago was the last time that I’ve used Ivermectin on a human.”

KFOR contacted 12 Tractor Supply stores around Oklahoma, and they all said Ivermectin was sold out. 

“Ivermectin is gone within hours of shipment,” one store said.

“I mean, we even have ‘Please don’t eat’ signs up,” another told KFOR.

“We haven’t received a shipment in two weeks,” said a supply store. “I think it’s because people are consuming it.”    

“There’s too much potential for error if a person goes and takes a veterinary product intended for large animals,” said Scott Schaeffer with the Oklahoma Poison Control Center. 

Since May, there have been 10 poison calls related to Ivermectin. Diarrhea and vomiting are two of the many side effects you could experience. Some can be very serious.

“It could be dizziness, cardiac rhythm problems, blood pressure issues, primarily low blood pressure. Especially mix with some other medications,” said Dr. Clarke. “There is no dose. There’s no dose for this because there’s no evidence that this is going to work.” 

Again, doctors warn don’t buy medicine from a feed store. 

Doctor Clarke told KFOR the best way to prevent COVID is to get vaccinated.

https://kfor.com/news/local/do-not-take-medicine-for-animals-oklahoma-stores-sold-out-of-horse-deworming-drug-despite-fda-warning-about-consumption/

59 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm not sure they've announced anything. Weren't students required to get 1 test at the beginning of the semester?

Yes.  But, they made it confusing, and as you might expect, compliance is not really being checked.

If a student is moving into a new place of residence for the fall semester, they are supposed to show proof of a negative covid test within the 3-day window prior to their move.  For my daughter, who moved into a West Campus apartment on August 15th, that would mean a test in the Aug 12 - Aug 14 window, or however they count "3 days before".

Nobody asked her for proof, and indeed she had none.  Of course, she has been fully vaccinated for months.

For those students who aren't changing residence for the fall semester, they require proof of a negative covid test in the 3-day window prior to school starting (which is tomorrow).  My daughter is getting her test this afternoon.

True to form, UT falls back on its tendency to make things more complicated than need be.  They just should have said all students need to submit proof of a negative covid test between (for instance) Aug 10 and Aug 15.  But no, they tried to time it to changing residence, for somewhat murky reasons, and now nobody knows what the hell to do.

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Tractor Supply in Oklahoma is sold out of horse paste:

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning people not to take horse deworming medication to treat COVID-19. 

It turns out the medicine, Ivermectin, is flying off store shelves in Oklahoma, despite the warning.

“Once the damage is done in these situations, you’re not going back,” Dr. Mary Clarke with the Oklahoma State Medical Association. 

t’s damage that could lead to long-term health problems. Dr. Clark told KFOR Oklahomans are using the drug to treat or prevent COVID-19.

“The FDA has said please, please, this is not something that is recommended,” said Dr. Clarke. “And the manufacturer of the actual medicine has said we have no evidence of effectiveness.” 

Dr. Clarke said the drug, which has not been studied on humans, treats or prevents parasites in animals. However, Clarke said there are two versions of Ivermectin.

“There’s a human-grade, but it’s for parasite infections,” said Clarke. “20 years ago was the last time that I’ve used Ivermectin on a human.”

KFOR contacted 12 Tractor Supply stores around Oklahoma, and they all said Ivermectin was sold out. 

“Ivermectin is gone within hours of shipment,” one store said.

“I mean, we even have ‘Please don’t eat’ signs up,” another told KFOR.

“We haven’t received a shipment in two weeks,” said a supply store. “I think it’s because people are consuming it.”    

“There’s too much potential for error if a person goes and takes a veterinary product intended for large animals,” said Scott Schaeffer with the Oklahoma Poison Control Center. 

Since May, there have been 10 poison calls related to Ivermectin. Diarrhea and vomiting are two of the many side effects you could experience. Some can be very serious.

“It could be dizziness, cardiac rhythm problems, blood pressure issues, primarily low blood pressure. Especially mix with some other medications,” said Dr. Clarke. “There is no dose. There’s no dose for this because there’s no evidence that this is going to work.” 

Again, doctors warn don’t buy medicine from a feed store. 

Doctor Clarke told KFOR the best way to prevent COVID is to get vaccinated.

https://kfor.com/news/local/do-not-take-medicine-for-animals-oklahoma-stores-sold-out-of-horse-deworming-drug-despite-fda-warning-about-consumption/

Does anybody have any idea where the Ivermectin is good against Covid theory started?  I mean, are there some quack doctors that put this out there or are we at the point where the GRU could just have trolls put something on Facebook like you should go outside and get hit by a truck and it will knock the Covid out of you. and millions of Americans would follow and die?  

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Are there any UT regents that weren't nominated by Abbott and confirmed by Patrick?

I would be shocked if CDC and Hartzel didn’t have autonomy to make such a call. There would be political blow back for sure but they have the right to pull the trigger on that.

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Does anybody have any idea where the Ivermectin is good against Covid theory started?  I mean, are there some quack doctors that put this out there or are we at the point where the GRU could just have trolls put something on Facebook like you should go outside and get hit by a truck and it will knock the Covid out of you. and millions of Americans would follow and die?  

I’ll guess Facebook medical studies 100% support horse toothpaste 

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I asked this same question a few weeks ago. Apparently, this has been a thing for more months than I remember. My in-laws go to a holistic, weirdo doctor for cold laser therapy. The doc is a former anesthesiologist, who I now wonder if he was effectively booted from that discipline. The doc is a patient of my FIL, who is a dentist. Back before my in-laws were vaxxed in Feb, their cleaning lady tested positive after being in their house. Upon hearing that, my FIL apparently asked MIL to go get the Ivermectin the doc had given them. Granted, their no doubt getting the Ivermectin for humans, not the horse paste.

(As a semi-ironic sidebar, weirdo doctor got COVID, which developed into pneumonia. He is recovering but not quickly. Oh, and he also has a-fib now. Dude is 71.)

Oh, and I decided to toss out the hot potato tweet about the guy having to be hospitalized due to ingesting too much animal-grade Ivermectin. A good friend who went to Baylor and is as conservative as it gets, chimed in that he and his wife were given Ivermectin when they both got COVID and it helped them quite a bit. I didn't bother responding. 🤦‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Several in vitro studies show it is effective at blocking RNA replication in several viruses including coronaviruses. Would need to use higher doses than currently FDA approved and there are no clinical trials yet although at least 2 are enrolling patients 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

spacer.png

This is fucking infuriating. If a kid with cancer comes in— policy should be that the unvaxxed COVID case that’s been there longest gets unplugged and wheeled out to the parking lot and the kid gets the spot. I’d be nice and give them a scoop of horse dewormer. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Several in vitro studies show it is effective at blocking RNA replication in several viruses including coronaviruses. Would need to use higher doses than currently FDA approved and there are no clinical trials yet although at least 2 are enrolling patients 

The most recent in vitro study I saw related to ivermectin and coronaviruses was from 2005, so not exactly cutting edge. There may be more recent ones, though.

3 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

The most recent in vitro study I saw related to ivermectin and coronaviruses was from 2005, so not exactly cutting edge. There may be more recent ones, though.

The two clinical studies I’m talking about are still enrolling participants through September with results expected around May 2022. Searching on phone is a PITA but one is in another country and one is listed on the govt website for clinical trials

No real need to repeat the in vitro stuff I don’t think. IIRC it acts on one of the subunits of the rna dependent rna polymerase enzyme which is fairly conserved across rna viruses

Edited by Sawbonz
Saw you were talking about in vitro

Saw this idea on reddit, and maybe on this thread somewhere as well.   "Sneak" real covid vaccination shots into livestock stores.  Call it super-ivermectin or something without the word vaccine in it.  Track it in a quasi-reverse sting operation.  Publish some facebook and other social media posts about 'the treatment the Joe Biden and the government doesn't want you to know about.  Requires two doses just like the vaccine...."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I think there were some small studies last December that showed it killed covid in vitro. At some point after that a few more small studies were performed and I think a bigger fraudulent study in India, after which Bret and Heather Weinstein really started pimping it in May while saying that getting vaccinated was like playing Russian roulette. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Welp, didn't expect Jerry Jones to be a voice of reason on Covid.  

The sentiment is spot on, but no COVID safety protocols for AT&T stadium to protect patrons like New Orleans is employing (Fucking New Orleans) or Las Vegas.  The man will never, every put his money where his mouth is if it means sacrifice.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

It’s past point of caring. People have decided to live or die on the unvaxxed hill, fuck’em. They need to stop tying up resources and die quietly at home 

I agree with this. If you chose to be unvaxxed and are now sick, don’t be a pussy and go to the hospital. There are much more deserving patients who need it. Be a man and just let your body become naturally immune.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm not sure they've announced anything. Weren't students required to get 1 test at the beginning of the semester?

UT and any organization in Texas has to balance the safety of their people and pissing off the state GOP leadership. Say that the major colleges in Texas all required vaccinations and/or a recent test. It's possible Abbott could punish them by not allowing more than 20K in a college stadium.

UT also has a problem with high level donors imposing their will on the athletic dept. "I have to get a test? I will keep my $1m check this year."

Students that were Big Ticket holders last season had to be tested before each game in order to get their ticket.  

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The sentiment is spot on, but no COVID safety protocols for AT&T stadium to protect patrons like New Orleans is employing (Fucking New Orleans) or Las Vegas.  The man will never, every put his money where his mouth is if it means sacrifice.

True.  He's talking about players getting vaxed too, which obviously helps his bottom line.

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I asked this same question a few weeks ago. Apparently, this has been a thing for more months than I remember. My in-laws go to a holistic, weirdo doctor for cold laser therapy. The doc is a former anesthesiologist, who I now wonder if he was effectively booted from that discipline. The doc is a patient of my FIL, who is a dentist. Back before my in-laws were vaxxed in Feb, their cleaning lady tested positive after being in their house. Upon hearing that, my FIL apparently asked MIL to go get the Ivermectin the doc had given them. Granted, their no doubt getting the Ivermectin for humans, not the horse paste.

(As a semi-ironic sidebar, weirdo doctor got COVID, which developed into pneumonia. He is recovering but not quickly. Oh, and he also has a-fib now. Dude is 71.)

Oh, and I decided to toss out the hot potato tweet about the guy having to be hospitalized due to ingesting too much animal-grade Ivermectin. A good friend who went to Baylor and is as conservative as it gets, chimed in that he and his wife were given Ivermectin when they both got COVID and it helped them quite a bit. I didn't bother responding. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

53 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think there were some small studies last December that showed it killed covid in vitro. At some point after that a few more small studies were performed and I think a bigger fraudulent study in India, after which Bret and Heather Weinstein really started pimping it in May while saying that getting vaccinated was like playing Russian roulette. 

Ivermectin has been discussed in this very thread for over a year.  @triplehorn touted it for months along with HCQ while implying there was some sort of sinister game afoot to hype Remdesivir for profit.

@Anastasis and others did a pretty good job hunting down data and reporting that there was no clinical evidence of its effectiveness for treatment of COVID.  Months ago.

If you just run a search in this thread for "ivermectin" you'll see over 3 pages of posts, going back to July 2020.  That doesn't include the old DT thread, which I think was locked.  Pretty sure when I first heard of Ivermectin being mentioned for COVID my immediate reaction was, "isn't that used for flea collars?"  I think Anastasis educated me that prior to its broad veterinary use it was prescribed as an anti-malarial or some other human drug.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 3

What the hell is going on with Florida Covid reporting?

Their daily deaths are on an almost vertical decline.  I expect some wonkiness from the weekend reporting, but their curve just does not look right(Worldometer)

Their daily case and death  reporting was almost non existent over the weekend.  Are they getting out of the woods, are they too overburdened to report correctly, or is there some whitewashing going on?

Anybody hear anything on this?

1 minute ago, Jiggy-Z said:

What the hell is going on with Florida Covid reporting?

Their daily deaths are on an almost vertical decline.  I expect some wonkiness from the weekend reporting, but their curve just does not look right(Worldometer)

Their daily case and death  reporting was almost non existent over the weekend.  Are they getting out of the woods, are they too overburdened to report correctly, or is there some whitewashing going on?

Anybody hear anything on this?

I thought they didn't report over the weekend?

4 hours ago, brakeman said:

It’s official. Every member of my immediate family has had or is recovering from covid.

In the county where I grew up literary everybody has covid.

Can’t see a time in the future when I will get back down there.

https://covidactnow.org

image.png.85f606fc0fb47ce03ab9515311967fcc.png

Every member of my immediate family has had or is recovering from covid except for the three of us that live in my house.

30 minutes ago, brakeman said:

image.png.9e297efe3e768e8fbde20815e7f55b21.png

image.jpeg.da7ed1a50a594a3d20427fec5c18c4fc.jpeg

https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/colorado-fitness-coach-covid-19-vaccine/73-174c9d51-97ed-4693-b208-c4a2100d0666

"If Bill knew everything, the trauma, the pain, that I was going to have to go through every day for the last two months, I think he would have gotten vaccinated if he had known how much pain it was going to cause," she said. 

Edited by Ted Lange

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/colorado-fitness-coach-covid-19-vaccine/73-174c9d51-97ed-4693-b208-c4a2100d0666

"If Bill knew everything, the trauma, the pain, that I was going to have to go through every day for the last two months, I think he would have gotten vaccinated if he had known how much pain it was going to cause," she said. 

Counterpoint: he surely owned some libs, so it was worth it.

• Hook 'Em 1