CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

12 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Again, I could cut and paste quite a few here for you all, and the reps would be fabulous.  Best reps ever, believe me.  

https://old.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

Seems there's already plenty of Sturgis ones in there as well.  Enjoy, but be careful, I'm telling you, this stuff is addicting.

Don't tug on God's robes.

50 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Guess I should keep my thoughts to myself.

Nah, fuck this guy!

If these fucks could go ahead and refuse medical treatment too that'd be great.  It's downright hypocritical not to if you're opposed to the vaccine. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Again, I could cut and paste quite a few here for you all, and the reps would be fabulous.  Best reps ever, believe me.  

Seems there's already plenty of Sturgis ones in there as well.  Enjoy, but be careful, I'm telling you, this stuff is addicting.

Yup.  This one is just, wow.

36 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Well, I just found out what I'm going to be doing the rest of the afternoon in my office.  Once I had finished up a few tasks before noon, I wondered what I was going to do until 4.  Gonna go pour myself a sweet tea and just chuckle internally.

Yeah, that makes me a horrible person, but these poor bastards have only done this to themselves.  Maybe I'm jaded, but I can't take pity in someone who did anything possible (horse paste, a vitamin "regimen", or whatever other quackery)  to avoid doing the one single thing (2 free shots) necessary that might have spared their life.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Oh, I know.  That is why I said what I did.  These people are not real Christians.  Remember, Christ loved everyone.  These people are full of nothing but hate.  Start pointing that out, and they cannot come back on it.  They are completely ignorant in a lot of ways.

Yes, just because someone is carrying around a Bible doesn't make them a Christian.

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

The sweet tea, it's the sweet tea that makes you a horrible person. Not the rest of it.

Agreed.

List of sweet tea drinkers:

Hitler

Ted Bundy

Sandy Hook shooter

Bob Stoops

Greg Abbott

Atilla the Hun

Jim Jones

Edited by hookemATL
exceptions for Arnold Palmer
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

There’s a window here for UT to do the right thing 

Is there?  How would that mandate be written?  Anyone fully vaccinated with Pfizer can attend games, etc.?  That leaves a lot of vaccinated people out, and I don't see how they could grandfather Moderna and J&J as long as they're still under emergency use authorization.

I mean, I'm all for UT telling Abbott to pound sand and mandate that any of the 3 (full) vaccine protocols is sufficient, and they should, but of course the lawyers would benefit most.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is there?  How would that mandate be written?  Anyone fully vaccinated with Pfizer can attend games, etc.?  That leaves a lot of vaccinated people out, and I don't see how they could grandfather Moderna and J&J as long as they're still under emergency use authorization.

I mean, I'm all for UT telling Abbott to pound sand and mandate that any of the 3 (full) vaccine protocols is sufficient, and they should, but of course the lawyers would benefit most.

since one is fully approved I think they can just require a vaccine for everyone 16 and over (which is what Pfizer is). that should cover it. the entire premise of the executive order was that NO vaccines were fully approved. Now that one is it's lost any weight IMHO. Remember this was a pure crass political stunt to appeal to his crazy base of goofballs. He can just say "now that it's fully approved there's not much left to do". 

7 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Yes, just because someone is carrying around a Bible doesn't make them a Christian.

Actually, conspicuously carrying a bible or some other highly visible totem more likely indicates that they are NOT a Christian*.

* "Christian" defined as "someone who follows the teachings of Christ," not "someone who claims the label."

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

since one is fully approved I think they can just require a vaccine for everyone 16 and over (which is what Pfizer is). that should cover it. the entire premise of the executive order was that NO vaccines were fully approved. Now that one is it's lost any weight IMHO. Remember this was a pure crass political stunt to appeal to his crazy base of goofballs. He can just say "now that it's fully approved there's not much left to do". 

Here's how I would write it -- a Pfizer vaccine is REQUIRED.  However, we will waive that requirement and accept substitutes with proof -- Moderna and J&J.

• Hook 'Em 4

Actually, conspicuously carrying a bible or some other highly visible totem more likely indicates that they are NOT a Christian*.

* "Christian" defined as "someone who follows the teachings of Christ," not "someone who claims the label."

Not dissimilar in my view of those who insist on wearing American flag lapel pins to pronounce their patriotism.
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's how I would write it -- a Pfizer vaccine is REQUIRED.  However, we will waive that requirement and accept substitutes with proof -- Moderna and J&J.

I haven't read Abbott's order, but I'd be curious how a public entity couldn't get around it by specifying either (a) proof of full vaccination OR (b) a negative covid test within 72 hours.

My interest stops there, because I'm sure not reading his stupid executive order.

3 hours ago, F250 said:

I've seen a lot of inconsistent ideas when it comes to risk management from the faithful. "I have a gun for home defense in case someone breaks inside my house." Then the same people will say "I don't need a vaccine because God will protect me from the virus."

Not inconsistent: the gun makes your dick bigger, the vaccine might make your dick smaller. It could. You don't know.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Death smiles at us all, only the unvaccinated proceed to give him a hug

Friends of ours just got back from a family gathering at Lake of the Ozarks. They took a picture of a sign advertising vaccination cards for sale, right in front of a big Trump / Pence sign. There was no clinic, just s place to buy the cards. How authorities don't bust them is beyond me. Then again, it's deep red Missouri. 

7 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Friends of ours just got back from a family gathering at Lake of the Ozarks. They took a picture of a sign advertising vaccination cards for sale, right in front of a big Trump / Pence sign. There was no clinic, just s place to buy the cards. How authorities don't bust them is beyond me. Then again, it's deep red Missouri. 

A) Because it's Missouri

B) Because the cops probably got a discount on their fake vaccine cards

C) Kickbacks

Poster this in the DT threads so maybe as well do it here too…Family Emergency Room, same ‘system’ I used to sign up for Moderna 1+2 at the Kelly Reeves stadium, is offering both Moderna and Pfizer boosters, no questions asked…at least up here in Cedar Park just east of 1431/Parmer.  Got mine this morning, about 6m after my second dose  

Drive thru, barely a line.  I never received a confirmation email but got it done at 0930 today:

https://portal.gorev.com/preregister.aspx?s=JoVdzXWbZQ2gQxn7b2zAUg%3d%3d&f=9LZqFYfNjGnUWxG4cOtfXw%3d%3d&l=NNwEBfPJTAkRyf2X4Dd38Q%3d%3d

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Poster this in the DT threads so maybe as well do it here too…Family Emergency Room, same ‘system’ I used to sign up for Moderna 1+2 at the Kelly Reeves stadium, is offering both Moderna and Pfizer boosters, no questions asked…at least up here in Cedar Park just east of 1431/Parmer.  Got mine this morning, about 6m after my second dose  

Drive thru, barely a line.  I never received a confirmation email but got it done at 0930 today:

https://portal.gorev.com/preregister.aspx?s=JoVdzXWbZQ2gQxn7b2zAUg%3d%3d&f=9LZqFYfNjGnUWxG4cOtfXw%3d%3d&l=NNwEBfPJTAkRyf2X4Dd38Q%3d%3d

wait, you got two shots in one day?

14 hours ago, lmao said:

Can vaccinated people spread the virus? Can someone with antibodies from prior infection spread the virus? Can someone vaccinated & that also has antibodies from prior infection (me) spread the virus? 

^Can someone answer this post without insults? Can you spread the virus if you've been vaccinated, have antibodies from prior infection, or if you have both? I have antibodies + I've been vaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

• If you are fully vaccinated and become infected with the Delta variant, you can spread the virus to others.

So Sturgis is a superspreader event yet Lollapalooza wasn't a superspreader event. Please ELI5 the logic in this.

Edited by lmao
  • Fuck You 11

5 minutes ago, lmao said:

^Can someone answer this post without insults? Can you spread the virus if you've been vaccinated, have antibodies from prior infection, or if you have both? I have antibodies + I've been vaccinated.

• If you are fully vaccinated and become infected with the Delta variant, you can spread the virus to others.

So Sturgis is a superspreader event yet Lollapalooza wasn't a superspreader event. Please ELI5 the logic in this.

Yes you can. The likelihood is different.  HTH

14 minutes ago, lmao said:

'Can someone answer this post without insults? 

Which part of the difference between an outdoor event and indoor/outdoor event (where a LOT of the events take place inside) do you not understand? One event required vaccines and/or negative test for entry. The other did nothing of the sort. One event was inherently more safe because it was outside and ventilated. The other was not. The passage you cite above makes several assumptions: if you are vaccinated AND you have a breakthrough case, you may still be able to transmit the virus (ie - they don't know).

If you need more proof, just google and read for yourself. It's not hard. It's apparent you are looking for information to reinforce your biases, not dispel them. Here's one example of how the internet can work for you:

https://slate.com/technology/2021/08/lollapalooza-covid-19-breakthrough-crowd-outdoors.html
"Out of nearly 400,000 people who attended the festival, just 203 tested positive for the virus, as NBC Chicago reported. The vast majority of people at the event—at least 88 percent—were vaccinated. While the case numbers include breakthrough cases (127 of them), festivalgoers who were unvaccinated were four times as likely to be among those cases."

VS

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/covid-surge-motorcycle-rally-dakota-b1908050.html
"The Sturgis event contributes an estimated annual revenue of $800 million to the town of Sturgis, which has a population of around 6,600. According to New York Times coronavirus data, there has been a staggering 352 per cent increase in cases in the state in the past 14 days, averaging 243 cases and 123 hospitalisations daily."

If you still don't get it, you never will. Sorry.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, lmao said:

I may regret answering this because I suspect I'm being pulled into a word game, but do you not know what a vaccine is or does? A vaccine increases the speed and efficiency of your immune response. It's not a force field. Thus, you can be infected at some level and even contagious, but infected for less time and contagious for less time than you would have been without the vaccine. 
So, yes, for that reason Sturgis would be a superspreader event where Lollapalooza was not, because attendees of the Chicago event were, and stay with me here, far more likely to be vaccinated thus far less likely to be infected and far less likely to be contagious at that precise moment. In addition, much of what takes place during Sturgis takes place indoors at crowded bars and motel rooms where there is less airflow, which increases viral exposure. The concert was all outside. 

• Hook 'Em 3