CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

On 11/28/2021 at 4:10 AM, workswithseed said:

Have y'all gone to any protests? This is extreme. NZ but God damn.

Screenshot_20211127-090716.png

yeah man all kinds of protests. its mostly anti vaxxers and anti-pandemic legisltation here in Victoria. And the latter is spot on as the VIC gov wants minimal checks and balances for when they can tell everyone to stay home. Government here is out of control over the top, but we know that. I would get out there too but I don't want to be with the anti vaxxers. eh. 

NZ is Australia's Australia. Even more isolationist. I get why for obviuous reasons but it is eye opening for them to act in such a manner (without doing jack shit all of nothing for anything else)

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/27/2021 at 4:24 PM, UpperWestside said:

I hope you are getting better by the moment hoss. You’re one of the cool posters on here and I really hope that the side effects do not hit you really hard.

A friend of mine I grew up with got Covid a year ago or so. He lost his ability to taste anything for nine months. That inability to taste anything darn near killed him. He was drinking with his brother who came down from Dallas and thanks to not tasting any of the liquor he was drinking he got alcohol poisoning. 

This doesn't make sense to me.  Wouldn't the effects of inebriation provide some warning that you are over consuming whether or not you have taste buds?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

This doesn't make sense to me.  Wouldn't the effects of inebriation provide some warning that you are over consuming whether or not you have taste buds?

He drinks regularly and paid no attention apparently to how much he had. From when I used to drink I can recall that at a certain point it all feels the same. I think normally where you might stop, even if you are wasted, did not happen for him. If it all feels like water going down I would probably have had a similar incident. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I know I'm a broken record, so apologies.  But the longer you take off from twitter/FB/instacrap the more these kind of things depress you when you see them.  Just mind boggling stupidity.  Everywhere.  Edit:  And I know I'm no genius, which means if someone like me of average intelligence can see how dumb these things are...well, doomed.  We're all doomed.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I know I'm a broken record, so apologies.  But the longer you take off from twitter/FB/instacrap the more these kind of things depress you when you see them.  Just mind boggling stupidity.  Everywhere.  Edit:  And I know I'm no genius, which means if someone like me of average intelligence can see how dumb these things are...well, doomed.  We're all doomed.

Those public health officials in South Africa, England, and Israel making shit up to affect our midterms. How dare they

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Haha 4

and Australia panics and closes the borders again overnight. but hey just for another 2 weeks. or whenever they feel like panicking again. we are giving up on our Xmas in Texas with family, and that sucks. thanksfully I practice gratitude and read the FB groups full of seperated families, parents separated from new borns and all kinds of trauma this shit magnifies - and remember how great I have it. thats how this works right?! 

GRATITUDE MOTHERFUCKAS

you homies be good now. pour out an egg nogg for the homies rotating counterclockwise in the southern hemisphere 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, staboner said:

and Australia panics and closes the borders again overnight. but hey just for another 2 weeks. or whenever they feel like panicking again. we are giving up on our Xmas in Texas with family, and that sucks. thanksfully I practice gratitude and read the FB groups full of seperated families, parents separated from new borns and all kinds of trauma this shit magnifies - and remember how great I have it. thats how this works right?! 

GRATITUDE MOTHERFUCKAS

you homies be good now. pour out an egg nogg for the homies rotating counterclockwise in the southern hemisphere 

you ok? everything good at home?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, staboner said:

GRATITUDE MOTHERFUCKAS

Australia locking down? And Israel deploying their intelligence community assets to track COVID cases now. With no real hard data on omicron's actual threat, some early signals and thin data and that's about it. Tough position to be in. What a world. 

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Australia locking down? And Israel deploying their intelligence community assets to track COVID cases now. With no real hard data on omicron's actual threat, some early signals and thin data and that's about it. Tough position to be in. What a world. 

just shifting the goalposts for temp visa holders. which is a large chunk of the pop here, like 1M people mas o menos. 

yeah, exactly, we know nothing so lets just panic and screw up people's lives again. fucking Oz is almost 90% fully vaxxed too. 

I got my pfizer booster Saturday evening and it hit me like a truck yesterday. 24 hours after the shot my fever was at 104.3. I was able to bring it down to a reasonable range with Tylenol but that wasn’t fun. Today was a lower fever (101.5) but super fatigued and achy in my joints. Seems to have mostly passed at this point, I expect to be fine in the morning. 

It’s crazy how I went from feeling a little shitty but able to ignore it to cut down and carry a Christmas tree (although atypically winded from carrying the tree 100 yards), to “fuck am I dying?” and alternating between shivering and sweating a couple hours later. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, heso said:

I got my pfizer booster Saturday evening and it hit me like a truck yesterday. 24 hours after the shot my fever was at 104.3. I was able to bring it down to a reasonable range with Tylenol but that wasn’t fun. Today was a lower fever (101.5) but super fatigued and achy in my joints. Seems to have mostly passed at this point, I expect to be fine in the morning. 

It’s crazy how I went from feeling a little shitty but able to ignore it to cut down and carry a Christmas tree (although atypically winded from carrying the tree 100 yards), to “fuck am I dying?” and alternating between shivering and sweating a couple hours later. 

damn dude. that sounds bad. i had it bad on shot two for pfizer myself, but prob not that bad. glad it passed

Not sure where I posted it before so here goes again…we sorta jumped the gun and got full strength Moderna boosters in august before school started as she works at a snot factory (elementary school).

My heart rate when sober and asleep, is typically 46-48, maybe 52 when I first wake up and Fitbit says my overall RHR is ~60.  

I took my booster at 10a on a Thursday morning, woke up at 2a Friday with my heart racing at ~90 laying down.  Was shivering, sweating and super gnarly.  Was completely miserable all day.   Fine by Saturday but my heart going ape shit was impressive. 102F fever too.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I think I had very little first shot reaction, 12 hours of flu for shot 2, and nothing on shot 3. Moderna.

E83ECF89-17E6-4990-9100-1990CE2F0C7E.gif.61728e2b0f12fdee47e8e850eb0cdf40.gif

Company is rolling out the new policy. 7k global employees, about 1k in the US. Get the shot or get tested every couple of weeks and wear a mask. Gnashing of the teeth from the unwashed. I learned today that there are no restrictions on emailing the global employee distribution, as some midwest production dipshit who has chosen to go for martyrdom sent a spreadsheet to all employees asking for those who support medical freedom to sign, as information for leadership.

Pfizer in May, Moderna booster last week (with a flu shot chaser).

Slightly feverish and exhausted a couple of hours before bedtime. Ibuprofen and slept it off.

Did get "Covid arm" a couple of days after the shots, which was strangely localized just to the area covered by the cushion/padding/gauze of both bandages. Hydrocortisone for the itch, and right as rain in three days.

Interesting thread (FYI, Andersen basically ghosted twitter after some of the FOIA requests related to the early discussions of lab leak hypothesis and the quick shift to zoonotic origin). Basically concludes that omicron is result of one of two scenarios: either mutation in an immunocompromised host, or human to animal reservoir back to human event. 

On 11/29/2021 at 6:08 PM, Bama Chick said:

Speaking of changes in government policy….

I’m sure all those republicans who were screeching about “lazy deadbeats who are making more money not working are the problem!!!!” will be absolutely livid about these assholes who VOLUNTARILY QUIT THEIR JOBS getting money. Right????

I need to get some kind of job that I can quit in Florida, Iowa, Kansas, and Tennessee.

• Hook 'Em 1