CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

15 hours ago, staboner said:

ok so - does Ted believe what he is saying or he is just lying? 

i don't get it. seriously. 

are they only able to think in 1 day increments? 

i don't understand what is going on in these people fucking heads

These aren't the days of Read My Lips, No New Taxes brah.  The base doesn't care about accountability or credibility. There is only Trump. Remain loyal or be jettisoned.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.  Not what I'm doing at all.   See my regular references to not just coming down with it, but SPREADING IT TO OTHERS.  

Everyone is at risk of catching it.  Which means that everyone is at risk for transmitting it to others.  Which means that everyone is at risk for transmitting it to someone who is in the higher-risk population.

If Joe Healthy Guy catching it just created a risk of a negative outcome for Joe Healthy Guy (and a pretty low risk there), that would be nifty.  But him catching it creates an ADDITIONAL risk that he'll transmit it along to someone who is not as healthy as he is.  You know, viruses....go viral.  That's the entire problem here.  Your risky behaviors do not just have implications for you -- they have implications for every single person down the chain of infection that you're creating a link in.

Yes dr Moreau, we’ve played that bacterial growth simulation game back on windows 3.22

We’be also had nearly a full year for the virus to exponentially spread and decimate the global population.  And it hasn’t  

If in a normal year, 160 people in El Paso already hang themselves, and 330 accidentally decapitate themselves with chainsaws....an incremental +240 bodycount (spread evenly across the calendar) I’m not sure is what causes graveyards to overflow.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

Millions of people don't give a fuck about covid. And frankly, if they are young and healthy, they really don't have much reason to. 

If people want to see their families they should see their families. We all know the risks. For some that risk is acceptable. 

Every sailor is allowed to drill a hole in the bottom of their cabin if they want to... BUT we are all on the same boat

If you wanna see your families, fine. But please dont come to the hospital to expect care then. Cant have it both ways during a pandemic

24 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Every sailor is allowed to drill a hole in the bottom of their cabin if they want to... BUT we are all on the same boat

If you wanna see your families, fine. But please dont come to the hospital to expect care then. Cant have it both ways during a pandemic

i assume you apply the same rule to the biden celebration folks right?

26 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Hospitals turn away people who do stupid shit?  Interesting.....

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Hospitals turn away people who do stupid shit?  Interesting.....

well, this one is in the upscale neighborhood based on the paystub so maybe not as many stupid people to turn away.  huge political celebrations not dumb, thanksgiving dumb.

Edited by dcar00

Person: im not scared of playing russian roulette. To each their own. Everyone make their own decisions.

(plays russian roulette, not only with themselves, but also with their family members/loved ones. Person blows their ear off and bullet ricochets off the ceiling and hits grandma in the ticker)

Person: Grammy needs a hospital bed for a month and I need to also tie up practitioners and resources with my stupid selfishness! Halp!

Hospital: Sorry, we dont have any room at the inn because millions of others like you are complete jackasses and have us packed to the gills because you wanted to play russian roulette even though everyone in the world told you not to. Good luck at home

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Person: im not scared of playing russian roulette. To each their own. Everyone make their own decisions.

(plays russian roulette, not only with themselves, but also with their family members/loved ones. Person blows their ear off and bullet ricochets off the ceiling and hits grandma in the ticker)

Person: Grammy needs a hospital bed for a month and I need to also tie up practitioners and resources with my stupid selfishness! Halp!

Hospital: Sorry, we dont have any room at the inn because millions of others like you are complete jackasses and have us packed to the gills because you wanted to play russian roulette even though everyone in the world told you not to. Good luck at home

That's really the crux of it isn't it? There are people who understand that their decisions have impact on society as a whole and have respect for that, and there are those that don't. The disingenuous argument of "everyone can make their own decisions!" is not made in good faith. It's simply to make them feel better about being shitty selfish people.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

That's really the crux of it isn't it? There are people who understand that their decisions have impact on society as a whole and have respect for that, and there are those that don't. The disingenuous argument of "everyone can make their own decisions!" is not made in good faith. It's simply to make them feel better about being shitty selfish people.

image.png.ca61c7d8068f8323dd381d37870cd755.png

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Pretty sure you just described 99.9% of Americans.

Friendly reminder that food banks across the nation are still struggling as we lead up to Thanksgiving.  They have fewer volunteers and donations than they did in March and demand is continuing to rise.  PIMCO is triple matching donations for another 15 hours or so for Central Texas Food Bank.  I tend to think that's a real match, unlike the 9000000% matching the dotard grift campaign emails claim.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/get-involved/donate

• Hook 'Em 2

Not sure where else to put this, so ...

Texags Forum 16  has strong feelings about how somebody thinks he heard the CDC is prioritizing vaccinations, and it's ... really disheartening. What the fuck is wrong with some people?

'People of color' move to the front of the line, please

a few samples:

Unreal. The first to receive the vaccine will be health care workers, immediately followed by "communities that have been disproportionately affected by the virus, including minorities and people of color".

I bet it'll be free, too. Whitey's shot will cost $300 a pop.

I expected this. Blacks have been elevated as the pinnacle race in this country this year and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. No other race matters now.

Prime example is watching commercials this last weekend and you would think blacks were 80% of the population. Families are not allowed to be represented as all white anymore, clearly. Every family I saw in a commercial was either all black or mixed race with white guy and black woman with bi-racial kids if they had them.

It was almost incredible how unrealistic commercials do not represent the real America. I've never seen it so blatantly manipulated.

Traditional Americans last. It as if someone once us to die.

I'd rather go ahead and test it out on some other demographic.

Lol - black folks still looking for that handout from every other race. Sad. The black community can grow the **** up, have some pride and join every other race that can provide for themselves. Or they can continue to scream and cry about how they don't have it equal - typical.
There's few people more racist than American progressives.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Texags Forum 16  has strong feelings about how somebody thinks he heard the CDC is prioritizing vaccinations, and it's ... really disheartening. What the fuck is wrong with some people?

General rule of thumb, if you want to be heartened avoid Texags.

Texags is a perfect model for Trumpkins in America. This is all a hoax created by libtards to get Trump out of office, no way am I getting a vaccine like you sheep! What's that? The government wants to prioritize minorities before me on the vaccines? Fuck that, I'm getting mine! Minorities will not replace me!

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, mdmost said:

Texags is a perfect model for Trumpkins in America. This is all a hoax created by libtards to get Trump out of office, no way am I getting a vaccine like you sheep! What's that? The government wants to prioritize minorities before me on the vaccines? Fuck that, I'm getting mine! Minorities will not replace me!

Maybe that's the strategy to get the white trash crowd out to get the vaccine. 

37 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Good news guys, the vaccine "made by" Pfizer Russia is 90% 91% effective. 

But then there is this 

President Vladimir Putin told fellow world leaders last week that both of Russia’s Covid-19 vaccines, including one he championed as the world’s first inoculation against the disease, are safe and effective. That doesn’t mean he’s taken a jab.
“We have not yet begun widespread vaccination and the head of state can’t take part in vaccination as a volunteer. It’s impossible," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters Tuesday, in response to a question on whether Putin had been inoculated. “The president can’t use an uncertified vaccine."

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/putin-can-t-take-russia-s-safe-covid-vaccine-kremlin-says-11606216333445.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't trolled Texags in a long time, wonder if my username is still active.

Regarding vaccinations and minority groups, some interesting data were presented at the CDC ACIP meeting recently on vaccine intentions by race...we definitely need to do some targeted messaging and outreach to black communities on this thing, esp given the disproportionate impact of COVID. 

Screenshot-2020-11-24-092113.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Friendly reminder that food banks across the nation are still struggling as we lead up to Thanksgiving.  They have fewer volunteers and donations than they did in March and demand is continuing to rise.  PIMCO is triple matching donations for another 15 hours or so for Central Texas Food Bank.  I tend to think that's a real match, unlike the 9000000% matching the dotard grift campaign emails claim.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/get-involved/donate

If you are in the Dallas area, the North Texas Food Bank has a wish list on Amazon. Get more out of your Prime membership.

NTFB Wish List

Edited by Woland
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I expected this. Blacks have been elevated as the pinnacle race in this country this year and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. No other race matters now.

Prime example is watching commercials this last weekend and you would think blacks were 80% of the population. Families are not allowed to be represented as all white anymore, clearly. Every family I saw in a commercial was either all black or mixed race with white guy and black woman with bi-racial kids if they had them.

It was almost incredible how unrealistic commercials do not represent the real America. I've never seen it so blatantly manipulated.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

'People of color' move to the front of the line, please

a few samples:

Let's move the kids out and just nuke College Station.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I haven't trolled Texags in a long time, wonder if my username is still active.

Regarding vaccinations and minority groups, some interesting data were presented at the CDC ACIP meeting recently on vaccine intentions by race...we definitely need to do some targeted messaging and outreach to black communities on this thing, esp given the disproportionate impact of COVID. 

Screenshot-2020-11-24-092113.jpg

Since this began, we should have been doing targeted messaging and outreach to black and Latino communities, as well as widespread messaging for everyone.  The lack of federal propaganda* on COVID is one of the most egregious failures of the administration. Most people don't watch the news.  Most people don't read the news.  Messaging by hospitals and private individuals have been competing with the sea of misinformation on social media, and merely competing isn't sufficient.

*propaganda, marketing, public service announcement - whatever you want to call it

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Thank you.  Extended family.   Been in the ICU on a vent for a month or so.

That sucks. As I've told my daughter, my wish is that I live long and die quickly.  Unfortunately this disease can take both those away. 

What's fucking crazy is that the GOP has become such a cult that people won't even admit they have covid in the midwest.  Instead they prefer to wilfully infect their friends family and other citizens as they follow their facebook and Trump driven false truths.

ER Nurse: Some covid 19 Patients still think Virus is a hoax

One of the more troubling things she has witnessed is that some individuals, even while battling the virus, still believe it’s a hoax. “We can only tell people it’s real so many times. We’ll have patients come up positive and they’ll say, ‘You're just trying to take our money’ or ‘You didn't do it correctly,” she says. “People have said, ‘No, I’m not going up to the COVID unit. I don't have it.’ How do you argue that? How much more real can it get?”

This is the amount of herd think now that is predominant in the GOP.  What's fucking crazy as shit politically is that we are now in the sweet spot to really start racking up massive death tolls from a percentage standpoint of Trump voters.  This is not to say those that live in close quarters, won't die as well.  It's just that the rural, whites are CHOOSING their own fate... because the President told them back in the Spring this is all a hoax designed to hurt him politically.  While he KNEW this waas a deadly infection, and the lemmings keep being lemmings.  The GOP needs all the old rural white racists they can get, and the midwest is only going to get worse.

Thanks Trump...

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What you have to understand, though, is this is a hoax, it's all overblown, it's a Plandemic designed to hurt Donald Trump, and a requirement to wear a mask is the modern Holocaust.

That’s laughable....

thinking that they would think the Holocaust was real