CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

What’s sad and infuriating is that because the Trump crowd largely thinks the virus is a hoax (thanks to POTUS), the GOPers in charge aren’t going to go the full nine yards in mitigating the effects of the virus.

In other words, people will die because of the general dumbassery of Trump, the GOP members of Congress and Republican voters.

• Like 2

Knowing the kind of carnage this gross negligence or depraved indifference is going to wreck on US families, the names of every single one of these fucks should end up being so tarnished and reviled that they are essentially "retired" in our nomenclature. Fuck every single one of them and may all of their metaphorical "fields" be sowed with salt for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm seriously to the point where if Mitch McConnell goes before I do, I will stop whatever I am doing and dance a fucking jig when I hear the news. 

I’m gonna need to drink a 12 pack and not piss for two hours before I visit his grave.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm seriously to the point where if Mitch McConnell goes before I do, I will stop whatever I am doing and dance a fucking jig when I hear the news. 

There needs to be a National go fund me to oppose his re-election 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

M A G A !!!!!

this is a CULT, it is undeniable.   

There is a lot of lolz and stupid in that drivel, but I want to focus on the word "insubordination."

This Trumpkin is implying that congress - that's what he has to mean, the House is the only thing the Democrats control at the federal level - is obligated to simply obey a President.

Cult. Pure and simple.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I want to say not even FOX zombies are dumb enough to get baited by racist undertones directed against something that isn't even human, but is not even universally considered to be a life form.

You can't always get what you want.

21 minutes ago, bonnieblue said:

gross negligence or depraved indifference

Until a day or two I believed the word "or" was appropriate when trying to determine which of these the Trump administration's response fell under. I don't think that anymore. "And" seems to fit a lot better.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BNB said:

Thread is racist af. Why is it Chinese coronavirus?

Because the thread starter wanted to make sure post in the Cloak Room matched the one in the Daily Texan to keep the political people out of the Daily Texan. Go take it up with the Daily Texan folks. Thanks!

Edited by washparkhorn
No good deed goes unpunished.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

dallas county going under emergency orders 

Community spread confirmed in Dallas as well as Harris County. Nothing confirmed yet in Austin but it's only a matter of time with it firmly rooted in Dallas and Houston. It's here. 

Everyone on this board should be taking whatever steps they can to limit their exposure to other people.

9 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

He’s either fully regarded or acting at the behest of a hostile power. There really are no other logical conclusions.

I'm going with the "Why no both?" gif girl.
In thinking about this Europe travel/trade ban, the thought I keep having is, "Wow, another strain on US/Euro relations. I bet Vladimir Putin is thrilled." He was probably smiling ear to ear after hearing that news yesterday. And this ban will have little effect on improving the health of Americans.

11 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

He’s either fully regarded or acting at the behest of a hostile power. There really are no other logical conclusions.

Occam's Razor suggests the simplest conclusion is usually the correct one. Do you think he is smart enough to work as a puppet for a foreign agent? I don't either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

He will not be tested on the advice of doctors.

Thats a trump level lie. 

Well, tests are in short supply everywhere.  I suppose everyone is rationing them to one degree or another.

We are inexcusably short of tests, but it's a problem everywhere.  Even vaunted South Korea has tested only a tiny fraction of its population.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

On purpose? No. An easily manipulated clown, which makes him an asset? Yes.

Agree. He is not bright on any intelligence scale. That makes him vulnerable to emotional appeals that bolster his ego. He projects his weaknesses - like any narcissist does repeatedly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm embarrassed that this idiot was on my fantasy team many years ago.

He also never lived up to his hype.

What a dick.

He just discovered the Dean Koontz book with the reference to a Corona Virus. These morons are so far behind. They think Corona Virus appeared with COVID-19. 

good thing he is headed to his bunker. 

Edited by washparkhorn

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

What’s sad and infuriating is that because the Trump crowd largely thinks the virus is a hoax (thanks to POTUS), the GOPers in charge aren’t going to go the full nine yards in mitigating the effects of the virus.

In other words, people will die because of the general dumbassery of Trump, the GOP members of Congress and Republican voters.

But in the greatest Shakespearian juxtaposition of all time, it will be primarily their own political base that dies off, leaving the younger, more liberal folks to vote. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, tests are in short supply everywhere.  I suppose everyone is rationing them to one degree or another.

We are inexcusably short of tests, but it's a problem everywhere.  Even vaunted South Korea has tested only a tiny fraction of its population.

Um. The prime minister of Canada? Or whatever the hell he is?  I think they could round up a test. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m gonna need to drink a 12 pack and not piss for two hours before I visit his grave.

Yeah, dude is number 2 of 3 on my future grave pissing tour.  And only 1 of the 3 is dead already.  It takes a lot to get on my grave pissing shit list.  Right now, its just Bud Adams.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk