CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

22 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's utterly amazing how the GQP are political chameleons.  And it works.

It works because most people are political morons, can’t be bothered to pay attention, or both. Way too much info for the vast majority of people to keep up with. 

• Like 1

New Facebook angle:  "Nobody knows what the best answer is.  Vaxxers are hoping for no side effects, non-vaxxers are hoping they don't get covid."

Last estimate I heard was that the vaccine has saved 279K American lives, to date.

Last I heard, the vaccine hasn't killed anybody.

Oh, sure . . . maybe those who got the vaccine will come down with tonsil cancer 25 years from now.  Or maybe not.  Why do so many people think science is democratic, that opinions and votes count? 

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Last estimate I heard was that the vaccine has saved 279K American lives, to date.

Would be interesting to see the projections if the fda didn’t slow play the eua and the cdc was more open to flexible dosing and mixing regimens as in Canada and the uk and France. Our regulatory and bureaucratic inertia like costs in the thousands of lives.  

3 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Can't be any worse than the penicillin shot. Fucking peanut butter in my ass then we had a PT test the next day. 

Being allergic to penicillin I got to skip that shot, but I saw some golfball-looking lumps (well I wasn't actively looking, but people seemed to want to show them off).

For all of the shots they gave us, it still seemed like the first 2-3 weeks of boot camp was nothing but coming down with every fucking "normal" disease (flu, colds, etc.) you might experience in the course of a year, but in the span of 2-3 weeks.

Again, don't get why so many Amerkuns can't get the covid vax, but the military and overseas travelers load up on vaccines with no problems.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Maybe what we need to do is tell Donald Trump that the government will pay him $50 for every person that gets vaccinated.  Then he will go tell all of his dumbass followers to go get vaxxed.  Once it’s done and Donald comes to collect, keep telling him “the check will be here in 2 weeks.”

Once it's done, tell him that he has to collect it in El Paso. Tell him the City of El Paso would love to work with him on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Laura Ingraham, despite being vaccinated herself, wants the pandemic to last forever. What's hilarious is that somebody bought bryambridle.com and posted a bunch of refutations of Bryam Bridle's assertions.

Where the fuck is the university of guelph?  Middle Earth?

Edited by Biff Tannen

5 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Here is where my mind is being blown at the moment.  There are all these people arguing that vaccine mandates are against the Nuremberg Code, the Geneva Convention, International Law, and the Constitution.  Now, I know it is not. Because they are not holding you down and forcing you get vaccinated. Rather, they are saying, for the work related mandates, that if you are not vaccinated, you will have to submit to weekly or bi-weekly testing.  You always have the choice to quit or find another job.  On the restaurant, concert, gym mandates like NYC is doing, this is very much in the spirit of no shoes, no shirt, no service.  The other arguement I saw recently was that people choosing to be unvaccinated should be a protected class.  This shit is FUCKING stupid.  A protected class is only so because it is something that is beyond their control.  How are people really this fucking dumb?

yes.

and even dumber than you can ever wrap your  head around dumb fuck sticks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Where the fuck is the university of guelph?  Middle Earth?

Had never heard of it before, but it sounds like they are Ontario aggy.

The University of Guelph (U of G) is a comprehensive public research university in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. It was established in 1964 after the amalgamation of Ontario Agricultural College (1874), the MacDonald Institute (1903), and the Ontario Veterinary College (1922).

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's utterly amazing how the GQP are political chameleons.  And it works.

And they’ve accused the Dems of the same thing in the past but they’re a lot better at showing a lack of standards, values, or fixed principles of any kind. They used to love to call John Kerry a flip-flopper and they accused Hillary Clinton of tailoring her positions to what the voters wanted. But as they cede to Trumpism it’s obvious that it’s never been anything more than political and they’ve cornered the market on bullshit and hypocrisy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brakeman said:

c'mon texas, 

I mean ummm, Nashville.

I don't believe him. I bet he asked all kinds of questions about covid before he got sick. It's just that the questions were dumb as fuck. 

There's a once in a century global crisis going on, and you choose to get all your information about it from a gaggle of random or acquainted assholes despite having a universe of knowledge at your fingertips if you'd just open a new browser tab. Boggles my fucking mind. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I don't believe him. I bet he asked all kinds of questions about covid before he got sick. It's just that the questions were dumb as fuck. 

There's a once in a century global crisis going on, and you choose to get all your information about it from a gaggle of random or acquainted assholes despite having a universe of knowledge at your fingertips if you'd just open a new browser tab. Boggles my fucking mind. 

I agree it's crazy. And then he says this:

Go to your doctor. Listen to what your doctor says. If your doctor tells you to take it there is a reason for taking it," Randy Geiger said.

Um, yeah, no shit Randy Geiger.

Bama preacher went to Baptist camp in Oklahoma.  Did not get a vaccine but did get covid and did get dead:

The Rev. Wade Morris, an evangelist who spoke across the country, died Tuesday morning after contracting COVID-19. He was a guest speaker at Falls Creek Youth Camp last month. 

Morris spoke at the Christian summer camp near Davis, Oklahoma during the week of July 5, according to Brian Hobbs, Communications Director of Oklahoma Baptists, which puts on the camp. 

Morris, according to Orr, started showing symptoms of COVID-19 the week following the summer camp, which hosts about 4,000 participants each week. 

Morris developed a blood clot in his lungs following a diagnosis of COVID-19. 

Braeden said he and his family also tested positive for COVID-19 after the Falls Creek camp. His father was hospitalized briefly as a result. 

https://www.newson6.com/story/610a0b765e936a0c51b18408/falls-creek-guest-preacher-wade-morris-dies-after-contracting-covid19

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Bama preacher went to Baptist camp in Oklahoma.  Did not get a vaccine but did get covid and did get dead:

The Rev. Wade Morris, an evangelist who spoke across the country, died Tuesday morning after contracting COVID-19. He was a guest speaker at Falls Creek Youth Camp last month. 

Morris spoke at the Christian summer camp near Davis, Oklahoma during the week of July 5, according to Brian Hobbs, Communications Director of Oklahoma Baptists, which puts on the camp. 

Morris, according to Orr, started showing symptoms of COVID-19 the week following the summer camp, which hosts about 4,000 participants each week. 

Braeden said he and his family also tested positive for COVID-19 after the Falls Creek camp. His father was hospitalized briefly as a result. 

https://www.newson6.com/story/610a0b765e936a0c51b18408/falls-creek-guest-preacher-wade-morris-dies-after-contracting-covid19

Well at least he died doing what he loved -indoctrinating the next generation at Jesus camp

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

I grew up Baptist in Texas, and even still consider myself a Christian, though I don't actively attend church, but these folks are fucking brainwashed.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Maybe the fire and brimstone will cure him. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"I just wanted to trigger the libs!  I didn't know it would have real life consequences!!!"

Color me shocked that a GOP politician is using his conscience to admit he made a public health mistake. What is so frustrating is that I can actually understand if a governor decides they don't want to implement a statewide mask mandate. This actually makes sense in Texas where Loving County with 50 people may not need the same rules as Harris. But why tie the hands of counties that might be going through hell by taking power away from them.

Yes, I know the reasons why. Let the counties decide, and then the right wingers in Harris, Travis, Bexar and Dallas counties will be pissed at Abbott. So to appease these people, Abbott is willing to let people die.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Color me shocked that a GOP politician is using his conscience to admit he made a public health mistake. What is so frustrating is that I can actually understand if a governor decides they don't want to implement a statewide mask mandate. This actually makes sense in Texas where Loving County with 50 people may not need the same rules as Harris. But why tie the hands of counties that might be going through hell by taking power away from them.

Yes, I know the reasons why. Let the counties decide, and then the right wingers in Harris, Travis, Bexar and Dallas counties will be pissed at Abbott. So to appease these people, Abbott is willing to let people die.

Psst:

He's 70 and term limited. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Is there any talk of postponing school starts or temporarily going with remote learning? This seems like the absolute worse time to start school in the next couple of weeks as a wave is starting to hit. Feels like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

This will jam up ERs because when junior gets sick, parents will rush him to the ER.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is there any talk of postponing school starts or temporarily going with remote learning? This seems like the absolute worse time to start school in the next couple of weeks as a wave is starting to hit. Feels like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

This will jam up ERs because when junior gets sick, parents will rush him to the ER.

Less than zero chance Wheels does anything about this. He won’t even allow districts to mandate masks for anyone. 

44 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"I just wanted to trigger the libs!  I didn't know it would have real life consequences!!!"

He didn’t say he regrets signing this bill into law. He said he “wish[es]” that it “had not become law” as if the only power he, as governor, had to protect the health of his constituents was to throw a penny down a well, cross his fingers, and blow an eyelash into the air.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

15 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I once got a high five from Hacksaw Jim Duggan as he made his entrance to the ring.  Pretty sure I win.

Bob Dylan high fiving the front row after a show at the Austin Music Hall. I wasn’t in the front row, but I ran into Larry Monroe, shook his hand, and offered thanks for his shows. I feel like a winner, too!

That's our concern dude.

It's going to be awful.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, brakeman said:

c'mon texas, 

I mean ummm, Nashville.

I listen Tom Petty Radio on SiriusXM a lot. Good station.

Mike Campbell, the lead guitarist for The Heartbreakers, has a group now called The Dirty Knobs with a song entitled "Fuck that Guy". 

I think that song was made for people like this douchebag. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Doesn’t help that the holy roller is limiting the school’s power to enforce masks for kids.  I’ve always been disappointed that my work took me out of Texas, but with my kids starting school next week this is one of those times I’m happy to be out of state,  I really hope Texas schools end up doing something to protect the students and slow the spread.  Fuck Abbott!

• Hook 'Em 1

My daughter starts kindergarten in 3 weeks. The school district sent out an email asking if parents want the kids to be required to wear masks. 

Glad to know that the school district is letting Karen who gets her opinions from Facebook get a vote in how the school district handles masking in the fall. 

I’m not shocked. it’s a purple suburban district and looking at the precinct level data ranged from trump +14 to biden +28. So they are just punting to the parents but I would have hoped that decision would be based more on stats and science.

side note: I just found out that more of my neighbors suck than I realized. Trump win my neighborhood 346-275. 

• Rage+1 2