CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

27 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Surprised Trump hasn't seized upon this. The economy is great! Go out and enjoy people!

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Welfare? I don't know much about Chip Roy, but his likely Christian God should have a word with him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Great.  It's the fucking means by which I and dozens of old friends have chosen to keep up with each other.   What the fuck does it matter to you, anyway?

I suspect it's had a net negative impact on society and I never had any trouble keeping in touch with anyone before Facebook came along.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That mother fucker chip Roy was the one on the video when trump cut the agent for health 24/7 house committee meeting getting all pissed off because his city of San Antonio didn't have the proper information and aid from the federal government what to do with the Coronavirus transfers. 

Now he's calling it a welfare? It's not welfare you cock sucker it's relief from having to potentially shut the entire commerce of the country down for multiple weeks

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BNB said:

I have faith that the public is informed now and it will be a short quarantine time now.

I see us clearing this up by May.

The point of the self-isolation and cancelling of events is to flatten the peak - push it off until later.  If we have cleared it up by May, it's because it didn't work, we hit peak in April, the hospitals were overrun, and a bunch of people died.  But everyone already got it and either died or got better.  If the social distancing works, that means at some point we reach a balance of getting back to business as usual and continuing a slow, but manageable, rate of spread.  That's a balance, not completely getting back to normal.  I don't see having large events for a while. 

The thing that would change that is if there was a breakthrough - cure, very successful treatment, or vaccine- which could really do something beside slow the rate at which the population is infected or the dramatically reduce the fatality rate. I guess very large, consistent testing might also do the trick.  But we can't even get everyone to fill out a census or tax returns - good luck getting everyone to come in for testing.

3 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Considering restrictions on air travel within the US.

If that happens, my vacation gets extended.

38 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Delete Facebook, for fucks sake. 

This. If you still have Facebook after all that has happened with it in the last 5 years, you are part of the problem.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yes, a few posts yesterday.  shit moves fast around here.

Not sure if your response was directed at my RU/PH posts last page, but I had to reach back to page 65,66 to see anything RU /China related and nothing that involved RU possessing an advertised Covid cure.  And the only PH related was a RayDog post, but only because he's pimpin' down there.  What else did I miss?

This quote from the Manila Bulletin:

“Our medicine is as potent as our weapons,” he added and reminded Filipinos, particularly the Cebuanos not to panic because Russsia is ready to supply the country with the medicine which is highly-effective for treatment of patients infected with COVID-19."

wtf?   We know RU already deploys Polonium tea and Novochok.  Bioweapons research just closes the loop.  I have zero doubts Putin would have any scruples about using human subjects for research, i.e. prison population in Siberia.

I simply cannot believe Russia has an OTC medication that neutralizes/cures Sars-Cov-2 infection.  Is the Manila Bulletin even real? Somebody slap me.

Edited by triplehorn

7 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Not sure if your response was directed at my RU/PH posts last page, but I had to reach back to page 65,66 to see anything RU /China related and nothing that involved RU possessing an advertised Covid cure.  And the only PH related was a RayDog post, but only because he's pimpin' down there.  What else did I miss?

This quote from the Manila Bulletin:

“Our medicine is as potent as our weapons,” he added and reminded Filipinos, particularly the Cebuanos not to panic because Russsia is ready to supply the country with the medicine which is highly-effective for treatment of patients infected with COVID-19."

wtf?   We know RU already deploys Polonium tea and Novochok.  Bioweapons research just closes the loop.  I have zero doubts Putin would have any scruples about using human subjects for research, i.e. prison population in Siberia.

I simply cannot believe Russia has an OTC medication that neutralizes/cures Sars-Cov-2 infection.  Is the Manila Bulletin even real? Somebody slap me.

it was in response to the google confusion...

(SIAP) But evidently the Russia Covid cure found its way to China too:

Russian pharma to donate drug to treat infection

A RUSSIAN pharmaceutical company, Polisan, will donate to the Philippines medicine to help in the treatment of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) patients.

Russian Ambassador to the Philippines Igor Anatolyevich Khovaev said the medicine called Cicloferon was tested and found to be effective in the treatment of Covid-19 patients in Russia and China.

The ambassador was in Cebu Wednesday, March 11, 2020, and met with Honorary Consul to Russia Armi Lopez Garcia.

But, Khovaev said, the Philippines’ Department of Health and the Food and Drug Administration have yet to assess the medicine.

“They’re (Polisan) ready to supply a highly efficient Russian medicine for treating patients infected by the coronavirus. It’s largely used in China, and the results are very, very encouraging,” he said.

Polisan is a pharmaceutical company based in St. Petersburg.

“It’s not a trade deal. It is a donation, a helping hand to our Filipino partners,” the Russian ambassador said.

He added that Russia takes pride in the success of Russian scientists in developing a vaccine against the Ebola virus.

According to the World Health Organization, the Russian Federation has seven confirmed cases of the Covid-19. In all cases, the virus was acquired outside Russia.

An Associated Press report said Russia has closed since January this year a 2,600-mile land border with China to prevent the entry of the novel coronavirus that causes Covid-19. (JOB)

wtf. slap me again.

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well, I just got all Surly/Twittery in real life.

I was getting some gas. To set the scene, I have a UA Alumni tag on my car and I am currently wearing my “Doug Jones for Senate” T-shirt.

This old, fat dude who was smoking a cigarette walks past me and while I’m just minding my own business, he hollers at me “An Alabama fan AND a Democrat? That’s three strikes against you.”.

I lost it.

I looked him up and down and said “Good luck with the coronavirus. Looks like you’ve got the deck stacked against you.”

He looked at me like I was crazy and said “What?”.

I replied “Old, fat, diminished lung capacity, and stupid.”

He got his back up a bit, “Whatta ya mean stupid??”

“Alabama fan and a Democrat? That’s two things not three and you’re an Auburn fan.”

He waddled off in a huff.

Listen, why they fuck is it always fans of teams like aggy and the war eagles who feel free to make shitty jabs at other fans? Just out of nowhere.

And walking up to a stranger to criticize their politics is likely to get you shot in Alabama, no matter the party.

And it’s ALWAYS a certain type of old white man or woman who feels so privileged to spew their mouth diarrhea without fear of any blowback or consequences.

So, I told an old to get fucked by coronavirus at the Texaco today! How y’all doing?

you should've clubbed him and siphoned his gas.  it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

29 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Don't click if you haven't read The Stand. 

But if you haven't read it, order it on Amazon right now - it's a perfect way to while away the time right now...

Don't let the length of it scare you off. The pace is slow at the beginning but quickly picks up speed. 

• Like 2

It would have to have been a clubbing, shoulder checking would have ended up with me flat on my ass.

I’m a short person and he was the lollipop type of fat guy - big huge round upper body and teeny little chicken legs. I’d have bounced off that rubber gut like a basketball.

I wish I’d made a crack about his ugly peach fishing shirt and camo Crocs but he waddled away before I could.

I told my Auburn-bound daughter about it and she was pissed she wasn’t there and then said the only thing she doesn’t like about AU is the perpetually insecure older fans.

And now we’re about to go to Hobby Lobby - me in my Doug Jones shirt and her in her Bernie 2020 sweatshirt.

Could get interesting.

Letting this go after this - Cicloferon appears to be an OTC cold sore med containing acyclovir, used to counter herpes virus.  Multiple PH online sites reporting on this alleged interview with RU Amb. to PH, but could all be fake afaik.  f it. 

edit: I'd just add that we are getting genuine sharing and cooperation from the medical scientific communities around the world including China and SoKo.  If there were any hint of progress at slowing this with a med, we would know, obviously.

Edit2 : it's Cycloferon and it not acyclovir.  And it's real evidently.  available on drugs.com

Edited by triplehorn
  • Fuck You 1

Not political, but I managed to get my brisket & beer from Cedar Park Costco yesterday without too much inconvenience. Under 40 minutes total & even though the checkout lines were halfway through the store it went quickly. I made sure to chat with several of the staff we know by name (greeter Kevin; older black guy with a sweet, silver jerry curl mullet) and thanked the checkout staff for all their hard work. Tina as she was scanning my items said "brisket...beer..yogurt...dog treats...hey, this is a NORMAL cart!" Glad to see she still had her sense of humor.

I've been smoking this brisket since 6AM (finally coming out from the stall). Our good friend was going to come over for the BBQ, but he's 79 and woke up with a runny nose today. More than likely due to the insane oak pollen, but he knows that catching COVID-19 would likely be a death sentence so he's staying in. We told him we'd drop of a brisket & sausage care package tonight.

Stay safe, y'all. 

9 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Not political, but I managed to get my brisket & beer from Cedar Park Costco yesterday without too much inconvenience. Under 40 minutes total & even though the checkout lines were halfway through the store it went quickly. I made sure to chat with several of the staff we know by name (greeter Kevin; older black guy with a sweet, silver jerry curl mullet) and thanked the checkout staff for all their hard work. Tina as she was scanning my items said "brisket...beer..yogurt...dog treats...hey, this is a NORMAL cart!" Glad to see she still had her sense of humor.

I've been smoking this brisket since 6AM (finally coming out from the stall). Our good friend was going to come over for the BBQ, but he's 79 and woke up with a runny nose today. More than likely due to the insane oak pollen, but he knows that catching COVID-19 would likely be a death sentence so he's staying in. We told him we'd drop of a brisket & sausage care package tonight.

Stay safe, y'all. 

Cedar park right?  Lemme get some of that brisket. I’ll shoot up a signal flare now. 

• Like 1

It would have to have been a clubbing, shoulder checking would have ended up with me flat on my ass.

I’m a short person and he was the lollipop type of fat guy - big huge round upper body and teeny little chicken legs. I’d have bounced off that rubber gut like a basketball.

I wish I’d made a crack about his ugly peach fishing shirt and camo Crocs but he waddled away before I could.

I told my Auburn-bound daughter about it and she was pissed she wasn’t there and then said the only thing she doesn’t like about AU is the perpetually insecure older fans.

And now we’re about to go to Hobby Lobby - me in my Doug Jones shirt and her in her Bernie 2020 sweatshirt.

Could get interesting.

I love you.

58 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well, I just got all Surly/Twittery in real life.

I was getting some gas. To set the scene, I have a UA Alumni tag on my car and I am currently wearing my “Doug Jones for Senate” T-shirt.

This old, fat dude who was smoking a cigarette walks past me and while I’m just minding my own business, he hollers at me “An Alabama fan AND a Democrat? That’s three strikes against you.”.

I lost it.

I looked him up and down and said “Good luck with the coronavirus. Looks like you’ve got the deck stacked against you.”

He looked at me like I was crazy and said “What?”.

I replied “Old, fat, diminished lung capacity, and stupid.”

He got his back up a bit, “Whatta ya mean stupid??”

“Alabama fan and a Democrat? That’s two things not three and you’re an Auburn fan.”

He waddled off in a huff.

Listen, why they fuck is it always fans of teams like aggy and the war eagles who feel free to make shitty jabs at other fans? Just out of nowhere.

And walking up to a stranger to criticize their politics is likely to get you shot in Alabama, no matter the party.

And it’s ALWAYS a certain type of old white man or woman who feels so privileged to spew their mouth diarrhea without fear of any blowback or consequences.

So, I told an old to get fucked by coronavirus at the Texaco today! How y’all doing?

Goddamn--I wanna party with you, cow girl.

Russian article from 2015 re Cycloferon:

The Use Of Cycloferon For The Treatment And Prevention Of Influenza And Acute Respiratory Viral Infections

Abstract

Results of the use of cycloferon, a low molecular weight inducer of interferon production, for the treatment and prevention of influenza and acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI) in adults and children are presented It was shown to reduce symptoms of these diseases and their duration, correct disbalanced activity of the immune system, prevent complications, decrease the frequency of influenza and ARVI. The effectiveness of cycloferon did not depend on etiology of the disease.

interesting

Could get interesting.

Negged for sending your daughter to Auburn (although my nephew is there. They should date!)

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk