CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Read: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-2016-donald-trump-214428

You have been fed fake news. You should not repeat fake news. It was a Clinton campaign strategy - named Pied Piper. It failed this country horribly. Stop.

So to take Bush down, Clinton’s team drew up a plan to pump Trump up. Shortly after her kickoff, top aides organized a strategy call, whose agenda included a memo to the Democratic National Committee: “This memo is intended to outline the strategy and goals a potential Hillary Clinton presidential campaign would have regarding the 2016 Republican presidential field,” it read.

“The variety of candidates is a positive here, and many of the lesser known can serve as a cudgel to move the more established candidates further to the right. In this scenario, we don’t want to marginalize the more extreme candidates, but make them more ‘Pied Piper’ candidates who actually represent the mainstream of the Republican Party,” read the memo.

“Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to:
• Ted Cruz
• Donald Trump
• Ben Carson
We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to [take] them seriously."

So, according to that article, while competing with Sanders for the Democratic nomination, the Clinton team's grand strategy to elevate Trump to the Republican nomination was to...do nothing. It's fiendishly clever in its simplicity. 

Discussing strategy isn't taking action. That article doesn't cite a single action they took to elevate Trump. It only described one inaction: "Mook took him so seriously that his team’s internal, if informal, guidance was to hold fire on Trump during the primary and resist the urge to distribute any of the opposition research the Democrats were scrambling to amass against him." So basically the same thing they did to elevate Ted Cruz and Ben Carson, the other two Pied Piper candidates listed in that strategy. Just because you bolded Trump's name doesn't make them go away nor give them a lesser significance. 

I find your assertions to be wholly unsupported by that article. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Sorry for saying it. I blame Hugo for pretending she has clean hands in all of this. That is absolute BS. Hillary actively promoted him because she thought he was so beatable - but didn't vet that theory and had no plan to beat him. 

Now -  back to the coronavirus. Sorry for the derail.

@Hugo Stiglitz it is time for your apology. 

I’m almost through with my 4th watch through of the Hillary documentary on Hulu. I’ll post my individual episode reviews on this thread once I’m finished. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Maybe because without that plan from the DNC and Clinton Campaign, the assbag wouldn't have received the nomination?

What real world actions were taken to help Trump win the nomination? That article didn't name any. Did they hang posters, hand out pamphlets, place calls, or take out ads against Trump's GOP opponents? While they were running a campaign against Bernie? Most of that article describes their changing strategy for the general as it became clear that Trump would likely win the R nomination. 

That article was written two weeks before the election. Probably by someone who thought Hillary would win. If Ben Carson had won the nomination you could have rewritten the article with his name in the headline.

Count me among those who never thought that dufus Trump could win the nomination. I never thought he could win the election, either. It's absurd. Just because I agree with their thinking doesn't mean I helped him get nominated either. That's all that article is saying. Just because Trump was an unlikely nominee who was one of a few the Clinton team would've liked to run against if they could choose their opponent doesn't make them responsible for his nomination.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

There is no democrat or Bernie fan who didn’t want trump to win the republican  nomination.   I’d go back to shag to dig up threads but I’ve been banned. 

I admit I was happy when he won the nomination because I thought there was no way in hell he was going to win. I sorely underestimated the ignorance of the American voter. 

• Like 4

Just now, Mo Horn said:

I admit I was happy when he won the nomination because I thought there was no way in hell he was going to win. I sorely underestimated the ignorance of the American voter. 

Same.  Problem was people running the campaign were too busy laughing at the GOP for nominating that moron, to be serious about the election 

15 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

He's a reality TV star and we're a nation of idiots who can't tell the difference between reality TV and reality. That's the problem. 

Pied Piper strategy - Bill spoke to him before he entered telling him he would have a base in the Repub Party (Hillary supporter/friend Amy Chocik), memo re pied piper (use media sources to promote Trump), media promoted with $4.9 billion in media, Donors freaked out because Hillary failed to have "swift boat" for Trump rise (memo), Clinton lost.

Start a new thread if you want to discuss more. Will not discuss on this one again.

3 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Pied Piper strategy - Bill spoke to him before he entered telling him he would have a base in the Repub Party (Hillary supporter/friend Amy Chocik), memo re pied piper (use media sources to promote Trump), media promoted with $4.9 billion in media, Donors freaked out because Hillary failed to have "swift boat" for Trump rise (memo), Clinton lost.

Start a new thread if you want to discuss more. Will not discuss on this one again.

Until someone can cite any physical action taken in the real world in the execution of this strategy, it sounds like a bullshit excuse. You're right, this isn't the place to discuss it. I don't really care enough to discuss it further elsewhere. I think bullshit is probably the correct assessment. 

Flipping through the cases and Tucker has Dr. Siegel on, I guess the Fox MD.  They did not sugar coat how terrible the initial response was.  I was honestly surprised.  Trump may actually be cooked.  I'm sure Hannity will blow his Orange God right back to life. 

Would be a God Damn shame if Hannity loses some close family members to this 'flu'.  No sympathy for that POS.  I do feel bad for whoever passes and the fact they have to claim this asshat as family. 

Holy fuck. You could not script a more perfectly obvious demonstration about what Fox is all about. Dude just started his interview, before getting to the first question just said he wanted to speak to what he'd just heard, began politely and justifiably ripping apart what was happening, and they just cut out to a live view of the voting on the bill, then to a prolonged commercial break, then back and guest is magically gone. 

• Like 1

This is the beauty of science.  They have been able to bullshit their way through everything but when a medical emergency hit they have no way of covering up the incompetence.  Sure, they try, but it's painfully obvious.  Also, you can only screen guests so much...anyone with an MD behind their name or legit epidemiologist is going to rip them a new ass.  That's why Hannity almost never has anyone on his show.  He needs to hold on to and control that narrative.  Can't wait til your fat fuck lover is in the grave Sean...it's gonna be sooner than you think.  Can't fucking wait. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Flipping through the cases and Tucker has Dr. Siegel on, I guess the Fox MD.  They did not sugar coat how terrible the initial response was.  I was honestly surprised.  Trump may actually be cooked.  I'm sure Hannity will blow his Orange God right back to life. 

Would be a God Damn shame if Hannity loses some close family members to this 'flu'.  No sympathy for that POS.  I do feel bad for whoever passes and the fact they have to claim this asshat as family. 

Well It’s all fun and games until you’re one of the ones exposed to the trump plague.

57 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

China looks to be well on its way to recovery. Command economies are gonna Command. Trump may have permanently established China as the domination nation in the world by fiddling while Rome burned.

Unless they get rid of the fucking wet markets we will see the same shit from them in the not too distant future.  

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

China looks to be well on its way to recovery. Command economies are gonna Command. Trump may have permanently established China as the domination nation in the world by fiddling while Rome burned.

I have doubts about the validity of their proclamation. I wish i could verify one way or the other...it just doesn’t add up. My hunch is they are failing miserably and are putting up a front. 

• Like 1

I've got a core group of friends going back to high school from the 80s that I group text with. We've been discussing this rationally and apolitically so as to not ruffle feathers. No one had previously mentioned Trump or the shitty response.

Then, the one virulent Trump supporter could no longer contain himself and had to blurt out this shit yesterday afternoon.

20200314-080210.jpg

"S" used to be a surgical nurse in ER rooms and now sells medical supplies.

9 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

China looks to be well on its way to recovery. Command economies are gonna Command. Trump may have permanently established China as the domination nation in the world by fpiddling while Rome burned.

fifyp

4 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

love Kai Ryssdal...that’s a huge tweet coming from him, too.

NPR has reporters with the most unusual names.  I'm always a bit surprised when I see them written out.

Some time ago, I wrote the WH email complaining about something or other.  That put me on their email list, which I mostly ignore except for the lulz.

It has been super lulzy/sad this last week.  I got five stories Trump doesn't want you to miss:  two from Fox, one from Washington Examiner, one from The Hill all trying to defend his actions, and an unrelated story from USAToday.  It's pathetic.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

NPR has reporters with the most unusual names.  I'm always a bit surprised when I see them written out.

He's good / reasonable.  I think he used to be a Navy pilot.  Worth a follow imho

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk