CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Attempting to secure a monopoly on a vaccine, or test, in the face of a global pandemic is immoral.

I don't think even the worst pharma would try that (particularly in today's environment).

But apparently the POTUS would.

Jesus continues to weep.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Attempting to secure a monopoly on a vaccine, or test, in the face of a global pandemic is immoral.

I don't think even the worst pharma would try that (particularly in today's environment).

Jesus continues to weep.

He's amoral. There are no limits to the depths he's willing to go to protect his fragile ego.

16 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Such a worthless cunt. 

Constant spin.

He is just repeating the same playbook as with Mueller and Ukraine.

He believes it will work again.

If he says that H1N1 was Worse And tie it to Biden... and blame all the short comings on Obama, then he thinks he can come out of this.

We as a country are facing the largest existential threat to our nation since the Cuban missile crisis and probably one that is on par with WW2, the civil war, and our independence. Not that the disease is as big a crisis, but what it would mean for the country to re-elect DT all the investigations and his response to this crisis.

• Like 1

Hey Newt, fuck you!

No kidding.

It is some kind of poetic justice that one of the original drivers of America’s ultra partisan divide is stuck in Italy because he sucked off Trump to secure a sweetheart ambassadorship for his 4th or 5th wife.

Enjoy the pope and the lasagna, Newt!
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Jesus continues to weep.

Confused Baddies GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I'm genuinely curious what an ardent Trump supporter thinks of this.  I'm sure the denial would have something to do with John Bolton doing this to screw the President and make him suscetiple 18 months later.  But the timelines don't match up obviously, but if you don't believe in math, I suppose believing in chronological time is probably an easy thing to abandon, too.  

And the german vaccine story makes perfect sense.  He got his feelings hurt twice a couple weeks ago when his bullshit declaration that a vaccine would be here soon (even though it'll be a year) got called out, and then his looking like a moron even by Trump standards when the cabinet and science leaders heard him ask with a straight face why a flu vaccination wouldn't beat this thing.  So he got all hissy and pissy and demanded somebody give him more intel on vaccine efforts.  So his aides reached out to intel community operators and state department officials in major countries and asked who had heard anything about vaccine production.  Somebody discretely came back and said, "we heard that in Germany there is a firm that will have one ready sooner than anyone else.  And we have leverage over one of the team leaders based on humint.  And we can make a large payment either to the scientists directly or to the whole company to allow you Mr. President to bring the vaccine back to America first for use here."  And he told them to run with the plan, probably is word got out from somebody chatty and now the whole world thinks we're even bigger assholes than before.  

I get owning the Libs.  Fucking with the Democrat Party is one of my favorite pastimes.  I never voted for him and will never vote for him.  But how do you Trump voters look at shit like this and forgive it?  It has nothing to do with our partisan bullshit back home, nothing to do with Pelosi, or Federal Judgeships.  This is concrete proof that he fucked up our whole pandemic containment team two years ago between firings and budget cuts.  And then he does the really Christian thing and attempts to horde the vaccine from the world.  Since I can't ask on any other threads without getting temporarily banned...tell me how you justify shit like this?  Besides the usual cries of Fake News, I mean.  

He was hopeful he could hire them to develop a vaccine, but also sign NDAs so he could crow uncontested that he found and put the right people to work.   But he ran into people with morals instead of greed at their center and he couldn't buy or blackmail them.    It was a stop gap attempt at solving a problem he exacerbated with not only inaction, but actual reversal of progress by dismantling the one department whose job it was to have us prepared.

But it's really no different from his deregulations on banking, finance, environmental, logging, O&G, etc.  Those bills are going to come due too.  This pandemic one just hit earlier.  

Do they have betting odds on things like pandemics and when they will rise up?   Would be interesting what the odds were when he bet against our country in 2018.

Edited by pyrohornIII
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Never forget.  Don't let accountability get shifted. 

Form May 2018, this bears repeating:

Would be interesting to see how much money his administration saved the US citizens by disbanding this section of NSC and compare that to just the losses our economy has endured just with the stock market losses.  Art of the deal.

Edited by pyrohornIII
dumb insert key
  • Like 1

As much as I love being American, we need limits on our capitalistic streak. Trying to monopolize a pandemic-thwarting vaccine is as low as it gets.

Jesus continues to weep.

It’s actually an attempted crime against humanity. Seriously, it’s like B-movie villain shit.
He needs to be removed from office immediately.

Seeing all the photos of people crowded around in the various airports waiting to be screened remind anyone else of the old photos of immigrants at Ellis Island? Most people are familiar with the second stanza of the poem by Emma Lazarus on the Statue of Liberty, but the first is compelling too:

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

How far we have fallen in those esteemed silent eyes.

Edit to add: Trump thinks he is a Colossus and he is: a colossal failure.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

It just takes one asshole . . . 

Czech Republic is going to quarantine the entire country.  We'll only be allowed to go to work, the grocery store, and to walk the dog.  The cops will be out in full force to enforce it.

Luckily I have two dogs.

• Like 1

So what happens when we’re all out of money and stir crazy from quarantine and a whole bunch of us are sick, or dying, or dead? Trump’s blame game will take on a whole other dimension. It must be remembered that Hitler didn’t rise to power on a robust economy. It’s easy to fire up a mob when people are truly hurting. We are only starting to hurt. I’m not sure if Trump really meant to become president, but he means to stay president at any cost. The New York Times says it would be damned hard to postpone a national election due to the date being set by Federal Law, but I doubt that would stop Trump from trying, with the gleeful assistance of McConnell. Trump needs the legal protections of the Presidency to stay out of the New York State Penal System. He doesn’t care who dies. I hope I’m just paranoid, and Trump is just a moron.

On 3/14/2020 at 1:16 PM, RomaVicta said:

Here's a Video recap of Trump on the virus from the Irish Times. From 'hoax' to a national emergency: Trump on Corona virus. 

A second bump of this. It includes Trump telling one of his rallies this is a hoax as well as his quote about letting the sick people on the cruiseship negatively affecting the numbers.

Dickhead.

13 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

These people!

And “Hope you feel better soon!”?

I thought he was just quarantined as a precaution because he was at CPAC - is he actually sick and symptomatic? Tested positive but kept quiet?

I don't know about you guys, but I really wanna see the kompromat Putin has on these guys.

It must be amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm genuinely curious what an ardent Trump supporter thinks of this.  I'm sure the denial would have something to do with John Bolton doing this to screw the President and make him suscetiple 18 months later.  But the timelines don't match up obviously, but if you don't believe in math, I suppose believing in chronological time is probably an easy thing to abandon, too.  

And the german vaccine story makes perfect sense.  He got his feelings hurt twice a couple weeks ago when his bullshit declaration that a vaccine would be here soon (even though it'll be a year) got called out, and then his looking like a moron even by Trump standards when the cabinet and science leaders heard him ask with a straight face why a flu vaccination wouldn't beat this thing.  So he got all hissy and pissy and demanded somebody give him more intel on vaccine efforts.  So his aides reached out to intel community operators and state department officials in major countries and asked who had heard anything about vaccine production.  Somebody discretely came back and said, "we heard that in Germany there is a firm that will have one ready sooner than anyone else.  And we have leverage over one of the team leaders based on humint.  And we can make a large payment either to the scientists directly or to the whole company to allow you Mr. President to bring the vaccine back to America first for use here."  And he told them to run with the plan, probably is word got out from somebody chatty and now the whole world thinks we're even bigger assholes than before.  

I get owning the Libs.  Fucking with the Democrat Party is one of my favorite pastimes.  I never voted for him and will never vote for him.  But how do you Trump voters look at shit like this and forgive it?  It has nothing to do with our partisan bullshit back home, nothing to do with Pelosi, or Federal Judgeships.  This is concrete proof that he fucked up our whole pandemic containment team two years ago between firings and budget cuts.  And then he does the really Christian thing and attempts to horde the vaccine from the world.  Since I can't ask on any other threads without getting temporarily banned...tell me how you justify shit like this?  Besides the usual cries of Fake News, I mean.  

Let me spare you the suspense. It’s that black dudes fault. 

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Negged for just about anything I've ever negged anybody for. I'll go with disingenuousness in pretending this is relevant and all that springs from that. I guess you're crazy buddies/socks are keeping your numbers up.

How's the virus in Russia, tovarisch?

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk