CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Should’ve pretty easy to identify that dick by his work truck. Doxx that fuckstick.

I mean we already know he's a piece of shit just for being blind and getting behind the wheel.  This just makes it worse.

• Like 5

Trump told us to relax.  What he wrong?  CDC wants to lockdown America for 8 weeks.

Large events and mass gatherings can contribute to the spread of COVID-19 in the United States via travelers who attend these events and introduce the virus to new communities. Examples of large events and mass gatherings include conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, weddings, and other types of assemblies. These events can be planned not only by organizations and communities but also by individuals.

Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.

Events of any size should only be continued if they can be carried out with adherence to guidelines for protecting vulnerable populationshand hygiene, and social distancing.  When feasible, organizers could modify events to be virtual.

This recommendation does not apply to the day to day operation of organizations such as schools, institutes of higher learning, or businessesThis recommendation is made in an attempt to reduce introduction of the virus into new communities and to slow the spread of infection in communities already affected by the virus.  This recommendation is not intended to supersede the advice of local public health officials.

4 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Gen X being the only grown-ups in the room has been the case for a while now.  About a year ago, I had enough of my parents insisting they would only vote against Trump in 2020 if the Democrats run a candidate that checks all the Republican boxes. I ended up yelling at them that I feel like I now have two sets of children: my actual children and my spoiled, crybaby parents.  

No doubt I’m not the only one who feels that way.  

No doubt. As for some good news, my trumpkin dad who is in his 70s apparently finally got the message from somewhere and cancelled our lunch meeting this weekend downtown because he correctly recognized that if he were to get it it would potentially harm him and my mom due to their age. He probably figured it out because he doesn’t ever want to potentially hurt his wife, my mom. So despite the misinformation out there still is hope. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Should’ve pretty easy to identify that dick by his work truck. Doxx that fuckstick.

Well, here is the company.

http://www.blindguy.com/site/company/dealer.aspx

Based on the image, the neighborhood was Lakewood in Southeast Boise (https://www.lakewood6and7.com/

So, I'm guessing: 

The Blind Guy of Boise
Boise , ID 83704
208-433-9303
ryanl@blindguy.com;blindguy@blindguy.com

But, this is obviously a guess. Most likely either him or someone he employs. 

• Like 1

Just had to listen to my wife trying to talk to her Trumpkin parents over the phone about COVID-19. Their only source of news in the hill country is Fox so of course it was all you would expect. She deserves a medal for not losing her cool & screaming at them to turn off their TV and think for a minute. It was every talking point you'd imagine: 

* it's a hoax

* it's  the flu

* it's the Chinese trying to attack us

* it's Soros/Pelosi trying to get rid of Trump

Keep in mind her dad's got COPD and liver cancer. But if Lord Trump or Hannity & co tell him to do anything directly against his own interest to own the libs that's what he's gonna do.

Pence signed his own political death warrant today. 

The promises may have been bullshit, but the promises were precise, and not the rambling gobbledygook that his boss constantly spouts. 

IMO there is a reason Trump wanted to be nowhere near the podium for that. If targets aren't met this week, Pence is gone. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

https://www.netflixparty.com

Interesting concept.  Looks like you use Google Chrome to watch Netflix synced with a group of friends and chat at the same time.  Not sure if created because of COVID-19 but obviously nice to have right now.

Yeah, that's all I need.  A bunch of people talking while I'm trying to watch a movie. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, that's all I need.  A bunch of people talking while I'm trying to watch a movie. 

I'm gonna go ahead and go out a limb and assume you're white...

Pence signed his own political death warrant today. 
The promises may have been bullshit, but the promises were precise, and not the rambling gobbledygook that his boss constantly spouts. 
IMO there is a reason Trump wanted to be nowhere near the podium for that. If targets aren't met this week, Pence is gone. 
I kind of assumed Pence was setup as the fall guy for this all along.

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm genuinely curious what an ardent Trump supporter thinks of this.  I'm sure the denial would have something to do with John Bolton doing this to screw the President and make him suscetiple 18 months later.  But the timelines don't match up obviously, but if you don't believe in math, I suppose believing in chronological time is probably an easy thing to abandon, too.  

And the german vaccine story makes perfect sense.  He got his feelings hurt twice a couple weeks ago when his bullshit declaration that a vaccine would be here soon (even though it'll be a year) got called out, and then his looking like a moron even by Trump standards when the cabinet and science leaders heard him ask with a straight face why a flu vaccination wouldn't beat this thing.  So he got all hissy and pissy and demanded somebody give him more intel on vaccine efforts.  So his aides reached out to intel community operators and state department officials in major countries and asked who had heard anything about vaccine production.  Somebody discretely came back and said, "we heard that in Germany there is a firm that will have one ready sooner than anyone else.  And we have leverage over one of the team leaders based on humint.  And we can make a large payment either to the scientists directly or to the whole company to allow you Mr. President to bring the vaccine back to America first for use here."  And he told them to run with the plan, probably is word got out from somebody chatty and now the whole world thinks we're even bigger assholes than before.  

I get owning the Libs.  Fucking with the Democrat Party is one of my favorite pastimes.  I never voted for him and will never vote for him.  But how do you Trump voters look at shit like this and forgive it?  It has nothing to do with our partisan bullshit back home, nothing to do with Pelosi, or Federal Judgeships.  This is concrete proof that he fucked up our whole pandemic containment team two years ago between firings and budget cuts.  And then he does the really Christian thing and attempts to horde the vaccine from the world.  Since I can't ask on any other threads without getting temporarily banned...tell me how you justify shit like this?  Besides the usual cries of Fake News, I mean.  

What you are failing to understand, is that when it comes to facts, if it doesn't come from Facebook, Fox, or OAN, it didn't happen.  They simply plug their ears, close their eyes, and sing "la-la-la" like a toddler would. 

vegas is so so fucked.

https://www.ktnv.com/news/wynn-las-vegas-encore-to-close-temporarily-to-reduce-covid-19-spread-company-says

Wynn Resorts has announced the temporary closure of Wynn Las Vegas and Encore starting Tuesday, March 17 at 6 p.m. The company has committed to pay all full-time Wynn and Encore employees during the closure. The closure is expected to be in effect for two weeks, after which time the company will evaluate the situation.

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I shouldn't wish for David Clarke to get it and require hospital care and be rejected due to lack of rooms/beds and be left to die on the street... should I? 

Honestly that is too merciful for a complete piece of shit like Clarke.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

MGM closed everything as well, with no re-opening date.

As a reminder, the NFL draft is was to be held in front of the Bellagio in a month.  Safe to say,  the NFL draft isn't happening as planned.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

Did the Pandemic Task Force have task force uniforms?  Great optics.  They could've gone with the white coat but went with the tactical, roundhouse at any second, kickass and let the tests sort 'em out later uniform.

As the only sane generation its up to us. Tell your parents to self quarantine as much as possible so they don’t contact it. Because it can kill them.

Tell your kids  to either self quarantine or at least don’t go around the old folks. They won’t listen but at least you told them to anyway so it won’t be your fault.

Everyone will get this eventually. The whole point of what we are doing is to make sure we all don’t get it at the same time.

It wont kill everyone. This isn’t The Stand. But we are doing it to minimize the effects of it it. Tell your ridiculous facebook friends or people you meet otherwise to just shut the fuck up. 

Generation X has got this. Fuck all y’all. 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk