CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

What the fuck do you expect when you get negged for posting differing views. I posted my God damned vaxx card and  still got negged because I am opposed to mask mandates at this stage and think they’re counterproductive. Don’t bitch about the DT if y’all can’t refrain from negging.

Have another neg you whiny assed titty baby.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/18/2021 at 2:10 PM, Don Johnson said:

Could we?  NFL, NBA, CBB and numerous highly vaccinated universities shutting down makes me believe it helps secure a healthy outcome, but we aren’t getting the spread under control. 

Im interested in what will happen to a place like New Zealand.  They had the political and public will plus geography to keep covid out.  But are they going to stay isolated from the rest of the world forever?  Seems like they would have a queue of 156346 variants ready to burn through their population as soon as they relax.  But maybe something like omicron will out compete the other variants for the NZ population and they only wind up having one real surge from the least dangerous variant?

Going to be a lot of lessons to take from this if people care about learning from ourselves and others (they won’t).

9 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Happy to report that I now spend regular office-hour working days in the fantastical world of queer sexual health, where I talk about fucking all day, my patients trust me, are grateful for the care I provide, and I don't have to charge them a fucking cent for it. 

Find a Job you love and you'll never work a day in your life" ~ Confucius |  Find a job, Confucius quotes, Life

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The DT assholes have managed to make the DT Covid thread political with their supposedly non political bullshit. Yeah right. They’re too scared to post it here. 

Meanwhile this thread has got a little boring. Oh well. 

Trust the science, or the 'scientists pandering in political theater'!   

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fauci-collins-emails-great-barrington-declaration-covid-pandemic-lockdown-11640129116

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

13 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

The illegals carry the extra-spicy virus.

Exactly. It’s the only one that’ll get ya! And it’s all Joe’s fault! 

Sack and his country club crew want to deport all the illegals who don’t secure jobs at their various construction companies. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You came on a message board and asked.  I think if you have symptoms, you should get tested.  It is prudent.  If you knew the answer already, why the fuck did you ask?

Did Covid fog your brain? It was a fucking rhetorical question because I was replying to a post talking about better availability of home testing kits. I have allergy symptoms every day this time of year. So again, should I test everyday? And since I will not you can go ahead and neg me and call me selfish again. It appears a few people understood what I was saying.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Did Covid fog your brain? It was a fucking rhetorical question because I was replying to a post talking about better availability of home testing kits. I have allergy symptoms every day this time of year. So again, should I test everyday? And since I will not you can go ahead and neg me and call me selfish again. It appears a few people understood what I was saying.

I think you should be testing.  Maybe not every day, but at the first day of symptom onset and then at regular intervals in between.  Home testing is easy and there is no excuse for not testing.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I think you should be testing.  Maybe not every day, but at the first day of symptom onset and then at regular intervals in between.  Home testing is easy and there is no excuse for not testing.

Except that finding home tests right now is damn near impossible.

• Rage+1 2

Just found out DDD (no pics but there were some posted on TOS) was exposed to someone on Monday who tested positive.  Had dinner with her and her younger brother last night.  Yay!

(She's testing today).  

I'm not worried for myself but my oldest has a history of ITP and is coming home tomorrow for Christmas.  

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, justhookit said:

I'd try to thread the needle with testing if presented iwth any atypical symptoms that seem more like covid than allergies (esp loss of smell or taste or fever or cough) or if you are going to be exposed to high risk individuals.  It's hard when the symptom presentation is mild and the pollens etc are high, and esp in vaxed folks, to strike the right balance.  This would be a whole hell of a lot easier with a robust supply of low cost home based tests.     

• Hook 'Em 1

My son graduates from Parris Island and becomes a Marine on 1/21.

And if this wave follows the last waves, the South usually gets slammed 4-6 weeks after the big initial urban outbreaks.

This pandemic has taken a lot from me and my kids - the lives of three acquaintances and two close friends, my daughter’s senior year of high school and freshman year of college, my marriage, my relationships with people who refuse to do the right thing…..and it’s given me a metric extra shit ton of stress in my career.

I swear to God if they have to cancel the family participation in his graduation and his 10 days of liberty before he reports for his 30 day infantry training in North Carolina, that may be what breaks me.

• Like 8
  • Rage+1 1

I can’t wait to see the collision between some people’s never-vax and fellate-the-military world views.

Scientists in the U.S. Army are developing a Covid-19 vaccine designed to protect against current and future variants—and even other coronaviruses— and are expected to announce positive early results within weeks, a head researcher told the military news outlet Defense One on Tuesday.

The positive news about Walter Reed’s vaccine comes as the effectiveness of vaccines now on the market, like those developed by Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna, has waned in light of new variants. While the vaccines have remained consistently effective at preventing severe illness and death, studies showed they weren’t as capable of stopping infections of the delta variant, and evidence suggests they’re even less protective against the highly mutated omicron variant. One study from South Africa’s largest health insurer found two doses of the Pfizer vaccine only provides approximately 33% protection against omicron infection, for instance, though early data suggests booster shots of both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines provide stronger protection against the variant. The vaccines’ diminished effectiveness has prompted vaccine manufacturers to start developing omicron-specific versions of their shots—something that shouldn’t be necessary with Walter Reed’s “pan-coronavirus” vaccine.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/12/22/armys-vaccine-could-protect-against-all-coronavirus-variants/?sh=370dd4e72eec

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

That is a no for me. If you are boosted and asymptomatic it’s time to go about your life and not worry about the result of a test.

I’m sure as fuck not standing outside in the cold in NYC, for example, waiting to take a test. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

That is a no for me. If you are boosted and asymptomatic it’s time to go about your life and not worry about the result of a test.

I’m sure as fuck not standing outside in the cold in NYC, for example, waiting to take a test. 

You take a home test.  This isn't hard.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You take a home test.  This isn't hard.  

and when? When I cough once or I have the sniffles one morning? Or do I need to test 3x a week no matter what? 

It goes without saying if you feel crummy, or have a fever, you test or simply isolate.  But what beyond that? 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

and when? When I cough once or I have the sniffles one morning? Or do I need to test 3x a week no matter what? 

It goes without saying if you feel crummy, or have a fever, you test or simply isolate.  But what beyond that? 

If you have been exposed, you should test.  Period.  

I had sniffles because I was out in the cold.  However, those usually resolve themselves once I am warm.  If they do not, I would test.  That is exactly the fact pattern I had.  I did not feel bad, but my normal out in the cold sniffles turned into full blown congestion.  I tested, and I was positive.  I isolated, and within 4-5 days, my congestion was totally gone.

Beyond that, you should probably test if you are going to travel or go somewhere where you will be around a larger group of people.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 1

And if this wave follows the last waves, the South usually gets slammed 4-6 weeks after the big initial urban outbreaks.

This pandemic has taken a lot from me and my kids - the lives of three acquaintances and two close friends, my daughter’s senior year of high school and freshman year of college, my marriage, my relationships with people who refuse to do the right thing…..and it’s given me a metric extra shit ton of stress in my career.

I swear to God if they have to cancel the family participation in his graduation and his 10 days of liberty before he reports for his 30 day infantry training in North Carolina, that may be what breaks me.
Sorry for all your losses. Take it one day at a time. Nothing is too much to bear.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

If you have been exposed, you should test.  Period.  

I had sniffles because I was out in the cold.  However, those usually resolve themselves once I am warm.  If they do not, I would test.  That is exactly the fact pattern I had.  I did not feel bad, but my normal out in the cold sniffles turned into full blown congestion.  I tested, and I was positive.  I isolated, and within 4-5 days, my congestion was totally gone.

Okay. I’d say majority of people will not know when they were exposed. So if asymptomatic they will go on with their lives without a test. 

if Omicron truly is less virulent then we are reaching the point where asymptomatic people should not have to alter their lives at all. That means testing or isolating. Perhaps one of the professional sport leagues will be the first to take the lead here. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Okay. I’d say majority of people will not know when they were exposed. So if asymptomatic they will go on with their lives without a test. 

if Omicron truly is less virulent then we are reaching the point where asymptomatic people should not have to alter their lives at all. That means testing or isolating. Perhaps one of the professional sport leagues will be the first to take the lead here. 

I think there's a disconnect here.  No one is saying anyone who is asymptomatic and without known exposure should test.

She was responding to someone who has chronic allergy symptoms that are similar to Covid.  So not asymptomatic.  That said if I had chronic symptoms that I was familiar with and had for years, I wouldn't be overly aggressive in testing for Covid.  But that's just me, and probably not what would be recommended by someone more official.

That said, the NFL just adopted protocols similar to what you suggest.  Vaccinated players no longer have test at all unless they show symptoms.  Most college teams have done the same all year.

Edited by Don Johnson
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Warm thoughts to you and yours. Congrats on your son’s accomplishments as well. I hope you get to attend, and that you are able to find some joy during the holidays. Hang in there ❤️
Hang In There Omg GIF by Sneakersnstuff

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I think there's a disconnect here.  No one is saying anyone who is asymptomatic and without known exposure should test.

She was responding to someone who has chronic allergy symptoms that are similar to Covid.  So not asymptomatic.  That said if I had chronic symptoms that I was familiar with and had for years, I wouldn't be overly aggressive in testing for Covid.  But that's just me, and probably not what would be recommended by someone more official.

That said, the NFL just adopted protocols similar to what you suggest.  Vaccinated players no longer have test at all unless they show symptoms.  Most college teams have done the same all year.

I guess Aggy didn’t get the memo then…

Couldn’t be Covid. Gotta be anthrax! Attendees of Trump’s Dallas rally are sick, and they blame anthrax. If they’ve been tested, and it’s negative for Covid, I’d be more concerned. Seems like Covid tests are readily available, and understood, for laymen, yet no one has provided any such datapoint.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/qanon-friendly-event-attendees-are-coming-down-sick-they-think-its-anthrax-1662201%3famp=1

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Thanks emoji3590.png

It’s been an adjustment to deal with everything and lord knows, I never imagined myself as a Marine Mom lol.

But from what I can tell from his letters home, he is actually loving boot camp and may have finally found his place.

And that’s really all we can hope for our adult kids. I’m terrified about literally everything that might happen in the world that might need a military presence at the moment but hopefully his MOS (Intelligence) will keep him somewhat safe.

There’s a bunch of Facebook groups for parents and family of recruits and since there’s a graduation every week, parents will take pictures of every recruit or platoon they see and post so other parents can maybe find their kid.

I’ve only been able to positively ID my boy in one picture - when they’re all dressed alike, newly bald, and sometimes wearing a face mask it’s very hard to pick up on who is who.

But I’m his mom so I can see the confidence in his carriage and face.

e54d16cf8ae3a33e5bec3602cdfeebd0.jpg

If I don’t get to see him celebrate his achievements in those dress blues I’m going to be crushed.

Marine Intelligence.   There are so many jokes.  LOL. 

In a seriousness, you should be proud.  The large majority of Americans couldn’t do what he is about to accomplish.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1