The Last of Us coming to HBO

rage-a-holic

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

There were zero zombies in the last episode. It was 100% human drama, terror, and violence. Aka awesome.

Right - normal walking dead, zombie movie story line - humans are more dangerous than zombies - everyone is out to kill everyone - even after 20 years. It was just blah and has been done 100x before. But I enjoyed the ending!

6 hours ago, Augustus said:

Yeah, they were using a valid problem as cover for their cannibalism.

not sticking up for cannibals, but i think they were using a valid problem as cover for their hunger.

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Come on up to my place in CO right now.  You won't get more than 6 inches into the ground right now.  Probably less.  It's difficult to dig in the summer because of all the rocks in the soil.  Then freeze it with snow on top, so it's icy and wet, too.

why the fuck are you digging so much?

• Haha 2

I think cannibalism is literally one of the most deeply held human mores. Across virtually every culture and society. So no, I don’t think humans that consume human flesh by necessity discuss it in direct terms. Also, it would have spoiled the plot. 

also, they were also talking about actual game as well.  

3 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Huh? PPs exact words were "How much do we have left? Venison, elk, rabbit."

You think they were having a private conversation and using code words? Ok.

Edited by Bateshorn

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

I think cannibalism is literally one of the most deeply held human mores. Across virtually every culture and society. So no, I don’t think humans that consume human flesh by necessity discuss it in direct terms. Also, it would have spoiled the plot. 

also, they were also talking about actual game as well.  

It's the first rule of fight club

13 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

the whole town is trying to kill her. 

I thought it was very nice of the remaining townies to let Joel and Ellie have their reunion moment and then move on without retribution for killing their leader, his muscle, and burning down their jail/butchershop.  Suppose that is very video game-ish though, no?  Kill the boss and then advance to the next level w/ no more soldiers coming for you.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Mittens said:

I thought it was very nice of the remaining townies to let Joel and Ellie have their reunion moment and then move on without retribution for killing their leader, his muscle, and burning down their jail/butchershop.  Suppose that is very video game-ish though, no?  Kill the boss and then advance to the next level w/ no more soldiers coming for you.

Well at that point, I think Joel and Ellie had killed most of the able bodied men in that town. I guess the women and children could try to attack them but given it was brutally cold, I'd imagine most stay inside unless there's a meeting that's called by Pedo David. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well at that point, I think Joel and Ellie had killed most of the able bodied men in that town. I guess the women and children could try to attack them but given it was brutally cold, I'd imagine most stay inside unless there's a meeting that's called by Pedo David. 

If I remember correctly in the game it was also during a blizzard. Aren’t you sneaking around the town in basically white out conditions?

I was playing the game for the first time and stopped at the point of Joel’s injury to avoid spoiling the show.

During the game, I kept wondering if I would ever get to play as Ellie and thinking how cool that would be. I suspected it might happen once he got injured.

Well, the post episode discussion spoiled the game for me. Ah well, at least I can carry on now.

• Hook 'Em 1

You mean “the sheep”? The show expertly covered that.

3 hours ago, Mittens said:

Those morons weren't gonna do shit. The scenes involving them painted them as helpless idiots, the exact type of people that are easy for a psycho like David to manipulate with fear.

Yeah those townies were mostly women and children and a few men - most of whom Joel slaughtered.

Plus, they were all starving and malnourished.

And I guarantee David didn’t let his “flock” have unfettered access to weapons if he was grooming all the girls like he was Ellie.

And not for nothing, I bet they hated his hypocritical bible beating pedo ass. The were probably watching the show from their windows and saying “Let the crazy father and daughter leave! But I’m glad they killed David.”

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

If I remember correctly in the game it was also during a blizzard. Aren’t you sneaking around the town in basically white out conditions?

Yep. Fucking miserable. Ellie is unarmed and being hunted by dozens of armed men from the town. Stealth kills didn't help much, since the townie body would get discovered in 5 seconds and 10 guys would surround that location.

50 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Yep. Fucking miserable. Ellie is unarmed and being hunted by dozens of armed men from the town. Stealth kills didn't help much, since the townie body would get discovered in 5 seconds and 10 guys would surround that location.

I'll be really disappointed if we make it through the whole season without one distraction brick thrown.

On 3/6/2023 at 6:32 PM, Augustus said:

Went right over my head.  When the dude brought the huge tray of meat into the kitchen and she asked what it was, I thought "what the fuck do you think it is?"

Never even occurred to me.

When they dropped the deer on the floor immediately after I was, so that wasn't venison? I thought they had a couple of weeks of food. 

On 3/6/2023 at 9:28 PM, futureman said:

how does one arrive at the final evolution?  does it have to be a big person plus they require tons of steady food over a long period of time or what?

My kids explain that because the corpus is bigger and stronger, to begin with, they are able to survive longer. The longer they survive the more that grows on them and creates a thicker, impenetrable shell.

image.png.2e01bd517a22a64f37d7a7d2778a45f5.png

On 3/6/2023 at 11:15 PM, kingkoopa6 said:

I thought Joel was main character. Lookin like the girl is now..?

Again, as explained to me by my video game guru this is the point when the point of view of the player in the video game changes from Joel to Ellie. Neither is the "main character." I believe the brilliance of the show has been putting the relationship front and center (as someone else has pointed out).

On 3/7/2023 at 5:09 PM, bernorange said:

Dead horse was brought to their storage depot.  The bodies hanging in there didn't look fresh to me.

Who thought that the "Brief Nudity" warning at the start of the episode would ever be attributed to dead bodies hanging in a meat locker? I was just hoping for some titties.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Like most I'm enjoying the show.  My kids played the game and they think it's really well done.

A little preface:  my wife went a little crazy over Rona buying a bunch of health foods/supplements, Super Green this, Matcha that.  I was hungry this morning so I dug around the cupboard and found a bunch of health food type breakfast bars.  Pulled out an "Energy" bar and was ready to chow when I read the ingredients:

IMG_7747-3.jpg.af41f55abdc1a7f25b60f1de4093147e.jpg

Yeah, I think I'll pass.

seriously.  after this show companies are gonna have to rebrand that as “mushrooms” or something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mach 1 said:

Like most I'm enjoying the show.  My kids played the game and they think it's really well done.

A little preface:  my wife went a little crazy over Rona buying a bunch of health foods/supplements, Super Green this, Matcha that.  I was hungry this morning so I dug around the cupboard and found a bunch of health food type breakfast bars.  Pulled out an "Energy" bar and was ready to chow when I read the ingredients:

IMG_7747-3.jpg.af41f55abdc1a7f25b60f1de4093147e.jpg

Yeah, I think I'll pass.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

seriously.  after this show companies are gonna have to rebrand that as “mushrooms” or something. 

44 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Having a small watch party for the finale. Need a good menu. Thinking “venison” stew, strawberries, mushrooms, Caymus, and beaujolais. Suggestions?

Recreate the meal Bill made Frank. I think it was rabbit, potatoes and green beans? Has to be served on your best china. That or I guess just have jerky?

Having a small watch party for the finale. Need a good menu. Thinking “venison” stew, strawberries, mushrooms, Caymus, and beaujolais. Suggestions?
Pancakes, cake, biscuits, and cookies with raisins.

Bonus points if you put an old lady in a wheelchair in the corner.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:54 AM, wild_turkey said:

several of that protein bar  that was posted few posts up seems in theme too if you can find it

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

The batteries are old and shitty. Haven't you ever blown the dust off of batteries and reseated them to get your tv remote working again?

Bunch of millennial on this board.

No. We never had a remote. My dad just threw an empty beer can at us and told us to change the channel slowly. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2