College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

35 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I agree with everything bad everyone on here has said about Nebraska. 
All that said the conference is probably better the day after we add Nebraska and BYU than it was the day before they joined. 

Nebraska? Fine. Even the black sheep is welcome home.

BYU? If they were wanted they would already be in the Big 12. I don't know.

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Seen this multiple times and people need to understand that nobody wants WVU. Y'all don't want them as evidenced by always trying to give them to other conferences. If the secsecsec or acc wanted WVU, they would be there already. The Big 12 has a hard decision ahead, keep WVU if you feel responsible for them, or send them to the g5 where they belong

I would keep WVU and send Baylor away. I had a great time in Morgantown and I like the WVU fans I have met. Waco is a total shithole and Baylor's rape enabling/murder cover up-ing/cat killing asses can go fuck themselves. 99.9% of Baylor fans I have met are complete and utter shit heads as well.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Alex Karev said:

Fuck OU in the ass. Add any team willing to come and play this year and move on. Hell I would let Nebraska take their place for a year just out of despite.

THIS.  Fuck the cheaters, not your easy win.

3 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

I don’t get the Nebraska hate. We owned them. Yeah they bailed and were bitches but I put that more on Osborne. I’ve always found Nebraska fans to be great and I really enjoyed my trips to Lincoln. Winning helps that.

Logic.

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You  are out of your mind if you don't want Nebraska back in this conference. This conference needs Nebraska and Nebraska needs this conference. You add Nebraska and any other team (maybe Cincinnati for the market and proximity to WVU) and we go back to 12, get a real championship game and move away from the Texas-centric geography that killed the SWC. 

Sure, they acted like total cunts when they left, but it was a bad breakup for everybody. They have been circling the drain since they left and honestly, we have too. Still, they are one of the blue bloods of college football. If you have a chance to add them to your conference, it's a no brainer. Their rivalry with OU and history with the rest of the Big 8 leftovers is something that you can't buy or manufacture. That shit still matters in this sport.

Also... a lot has changed with regard to media rights since they bailed. Cord cutting is going to make the next Big 10 TV deal look a lot different than their current one. 

More logic.

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Nebraska is not a blue blood in college football. They used to be a blue blood.

Wow, you're just dumb.  I suppose Texas is though right?  

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Desmond using the word "cache"?

Doubtful.

Fuck you, he had 134 caches in 3 years at Michigan, he knows damn well what they is

1 hour ago, Ted Dantzler said:

Being a Kstate fan I agree with this 100%. They beat up on Kstate and the other Big8 schools (minus OU) for 60+ years, just pummeling our faces in while smiling about what great fans they are. When Kstate finally started beating NU consistently (5-2 from 98-04) they couldn't take it and fired Solich which started their downward spiral to where they are now. Then they left us and their 100+ year history with the Big8 schools to prove they were still relevant. 

I would have loved nothing more than to have spent the last 10 years jumping up and down on their dying corpse as corn kernels shot from their mouth like BB's. 

I want them back in the Big12 for that reason alone, to kick them while they are down until there is no more leather left on my shoes. 

Ah, kstate hate, there you are.  Yep 98-04 sealed Franks fate (fired in '03 btw, nice revisionist history there)  You won those 5 games then.........lost 6 in a row.  Now shut the fuck up.

Guess I'm getting old, back at TOS, I learned that all the pussy whiny bitchassedness was all on the Nebraska side....that Texas and her fans were above all that.  Outside of the ones I highlighted above, all the pussy whiny bitchassedness is exactly where I was told it wasn't.  

I've always hated the B1G move, since day one.  I Surly hope this gets Nebraska back where they should have always been.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I would keep WVU and send Baylor away. I had a great time in Morgantown and I like the WVU fans I have met. Waco is a total shithole and Baylor's rape enabling/murder cover up-ing/cat killing asses can go fuck themselves. 99.9% of Baylor fans I have met are complete and utter shit heads as well.

This exactly!

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

So to avoid paying lawsuits, the Big 10 passed up a minimum of 70 million dollars? Not to be cold, but wouldn't one think the payouts in a lawsuit would be far less than that even in a worst case scenario? 

I believe the worst case scenario is a significant number of players getting infected and spreading their infection to family, friends,fellow party goers, and many others they come in contact with, and the start of their transmission is directly traced back to a football game or practice. That web of liability could be fatal.

Edited by ouflak

10 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

And despite all of this, every single one of them is 100% convinced they are morally superior to the heathens who attended the den of sin in Austin.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

31838124-8616959-image-a-50_159718237352

"No more peanut butter for you!"

31838122-8616959-One_of_the_men_tells_th

Edited by clapclapclap

18 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Nebraska? Fine. Even the black sheep is welcome home.

BYU? If they were wanted they would already be in the Big 12. I don't know.

Yeah, but they aren't worth bringing on by themselves to make 11, but as a partner to Nebraska it makes sense.

TV draw with mormons, decent football team, likely to get better being affiliated with a top 5 conference, and a nice trip for the fans. I think, in conjunction with corn, they are a net benefit.  And they'd allow us to go 8 conference games with a logical conference championship and get the benefit that we see the SEC getting from not playing a true round robin.

21 minutes ago, ouflak said:

I believe the worst case scenario is a significant number of players getting infected and spreading their infection to family, friends,fellow party goers, and many others they come in contact with, and the start of their transmission is directly traced back to a football game or practice. That web of liability could be fatal.

I don't know how liability works, but how is any university open at all if they are liable fore the web you just described?  How is any business open for that matter?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Nebraska is not a blue blood in college football. They used to be a blue blood but have been speeding down the path of irrelevance. Coming back to the Big 12 wont change that for them or the conference. 

Let's remember what happened to Big Red.  Diploma check at the door upon entrance to the Big 12 began their slide to the bottom.  You had to have a HS diploma and some sort of academic "enrollment" to play.  They ran away and the final touches to an also ran was finished by the B1G.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I’d take Nebraska in the Big 12 or in realignment under one simple condition. They have to do a press release and press conference admitting they lied about the circumstances and facts behind their departure from the Big 12 and own up to being spoiled bratty punks with outsized delusions about their importance to college football.

Nah they have to blame it on aTm, and play Texas on Thanksgiving in a neutral site in perpetuity.

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Nebraska ain't going anywhere - they have a GOR with the Big 10 that would cost them like $50M to buy out. All this at a time when they have no football revenue. Let them rot in obscurity on their tiny corn laden outpost in the middle of nowhere. 

Well, the B1G GoR's end in 2023, so if NU has to sit one year, & joined XII next year, there would be a 2 year buyout...
XII could help cover that, in knowing networks would "compensate" XII for adding ol Cornhuskers back to the slate...

Add to that, enticing a few brands that are a legit shot: Colorado/ Utah/ BYU/ Arizona/ Arizona State/ USC/ UCLA...
West Virginia could either slide to ACC (solo) or paired with TCU or Baylor to SEC, giving XII 8 slots for adding #16...

XVI - east:
Texas
TCU
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
Nebraska
Iowa State

XVI - west:
Texas Tech
Colorado
Utah
Arizona
Arizona State
USC
UCLA

4 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You  are out of your mind if you don't want Nebraska back in this conference. This conference needs Nebraska and Nebraska needs this conference. You add Nebraska and any other team (maybe Cincinnati for the market and proximity to WVU) and we go back to 12, get a real championship game and move away from the Texas-centric geography that killed the SWC. 

Sure, they acted like total cunts when they left, but it was a bad breakup for everybody. They have been circling the drain since they left and honestly, we have too. Still, they are one of the blue bloods of college football. If you have a chance to add them to your conference, it's a no brainer. Their rivalry with OU and history with the rest of the Big 8 leftovers is something that you can't buy or manufacture. That shit still matters in this sport.

Also... a lot has changed with regard to media rights since they bailed. Cord cutting is going to make the next Big 10 TV deal look a lot different than their current one. 

they WERE one of the bluebloods, and just like aggy, their BIG MOVE has delivered fuckall.  Just like aggy they fight it out for 4th place in their division and haven't made a title game since the move.

2020 season is fetch regardless.  but fuck corn six ways to sunday.   get dr. tom one of sharp's talkie-birds and start a youtube channel.

2 hours ago, Ted Dantzler said:

Being a Kstate fan I agree with this 100%. They beat up on Kstate and the other Big8 schools (minus OU) for 60+ years, just pummeling our faces in while smiling about what great fans they are. When Kstate finally started beating NU consistently (5-2 from 98-04) they couldn't take it and fired Solich which started their downward spiral to where they are now. Then they left us and their 100+ year history with the Big8 schools to prove they were still relevant. 

I would have loved nothing more than to have spent the last 10 years jumping up and down on their dying corpse as corn kernels shot from their mouth like BB's. 

I want them back in the Big12 for that reason alone, to kick them while they are down until there is no more leather left on my shoes. 

So I've more or less converted to being a K-State fan by being about to marry into it. It's amazing how much more fun it's been than having to deal with Nebraska fans and assorted bullshit, and MHK is a pretty easy drive. 

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

So to avoid paying lawsuits, the Big 10 passed up a minimum of 70 million dollars? Not to be cold, but wouldn't one think the payouts in a lawsuit would be far less than that even in a worst case scenario? 

No, lol, apparently you don't know many lawyers.  They would get it insured somehow, not go with your 'it can't be that bad, bro' scenario.  Because a worst case scenario is far more than 70M.  Have you heard of a class action lawsuit?  LOL @ payouts being far less than 70M for a conference that sends each member 30M plus for just one football season...

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Taking Nebraska back would be akin to taking back your psycho ex girlfriend that left 9 years ago in search of some new dick, and talked mad shit on her way out the door. Now upon learning that the cocks aren't always girthier on the other side, she's back talking about the good times . Except those intervening years have been hard, and she's now packing an extra 50lbs and a meth habit. Yeah......taking her back seems like a GREAT idea. She absolutely won't be the same psycho she was 9 years ago. She's changed, lulz.

Gained 50lb and has a meth habit, seems like it'd have to be one or the other. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Taking Nebraska back would be akin to taking back your psycho ex girlfriend that left 9 years ago in search of some new dick, and talked mad shit on her way out the door. Now upon learning that the cocks aren't always girthier on the other side, she's back talking about the good times . Except those intervening years have been hard, and she's now packing an extra 50lbs and a meth habit. Yeah......taking her back seems like a GREAT idea. She absolutely won't be the same psycho she was 9 years ago. She's changed, lulz.

It would also be that psycho ex that cut up the electrical cords whose picture was posted on TOS  

1 hour ago, BevoSwag said:

Let's remember what happened to Big Red.  Diploma check at the door upon entrance to the Big 12 began their slide to the bottom.  You had to have a HS diploma and some sort of academic "enrollment" to play.  They ran away and the final touches to an also ran was finished by the B1G.

Apparently they claim KU, Mizzou, CU, and us stabbed them in the back with our damned "academic standards", so they were totally righteous in actually stabbing us in the back and refusing to work out the issues in the Big 12, leaving us for dead on the road side.

6 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Apparently they claim KU, Mizzou, CU, and us stabbed them in the back with our damned "academic standards", so they were totally righteous in actually stabbing us in the back and refusing to work out the issues in the Big 12, leaving us for dead on the road side.

LOL, yeah boo-hoo, no more partial qualifiers.  Which is what they built most of their modern teams from.  

8 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

My Ex wife was from Iowa and she was a bitch.  She was a hawkeye. Even if it wasn't for that fact I'd love ISU b/c yall are awesome, but that little bit just pushes it over the top.  ISU I think is my second favorite school period, but for sure in the conference.  Wide right natty light is one of the greatest sites in the entire internet. If that's all Algore inventing the internet ever did for humanity it'd be worth inventing the internet 100 times over.  Also, the farming smack signs yall had at gameday last year were awesome- thanks for that.  

Just wanted to say, carry on and we love the Cyclones (and that gif of the redhead at the basketball game is a top 5 gif, ever) and am glad that we came along so you guys didn't have to bleed out in that ditch.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN

it looks like it's happening

WAKE UP IT WON'T HAPPEN

this whole thing is endlessly entertaining 

At least college football is still the most interesting thing to happen since the pandemic hit.  

2 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

Did this get posted?   I'm way behind.

Shatel: Is this the beginning of the end of Nebraska in the Big Ten?

XII did ol' buddy FOX a solid yesterday (the same FOX that bailed on hosting a XII title game):

On a side note, here are all time win/ loss records of teams XII could add, (while dropping Baylor) & moving West Virginia to ACC:

#96-Baylor 607W/ 557L/ 44T

*#71 California 676/ 544/ 51
#63 Arizona 617/ 473/ 33
#55 Oregon 669/ 499/ 46
*#48 BYU 582/ 427/ 26
*#47 Colorado 710/ 515/ 36
*#44 Arkansas 717/ 514/ 40
*#43 Stanford 657/ 476/ 49
*#42 UCLA 609/ 429/ 37
#34 Utah 688/ 467/ 31
#28 Arizona State 622/ 399/ 24
*#26 Washington 743/ 454/ 50

*#11 Nebraska 902/ 395/ 40
*#9 USC 847/ 351/ 54

(*9 - have won football national titles in the AP era)...

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

As one of the founders, I appreciate this greatly.  I wish I still had time to be involved with it, but you know, life changes.  God, those early days were a shit load of fun.  Other than sweating out realignment of course.  Our actual first piece was a Craigslist personal for a 150 year old Land Grant college that was looking for a new conference.

Had no idea you were a founder. Congrats on bringing something pretty awesome into the world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Blotto said:

In this analogy, we've been fucking Baylor and TCU for the last 9 years (or rather, they've been fucking us). Say what you will about that psycho ex-girlfriend, and she might be fat and she might like meth, but she's still an upgrade over every program in this conference not named Texas or Oklahoma.

Plus, all the rage from them leaving and their cuntbaggery makes the rivalry so much better. The shit talking would be epic. We certainly wouldn't want anything like bad blood in a rivalry. We should schedule more UTEPs and UCF's instead. For fuck's sake our home schedule this season is Tech, Okie Light and the two Kansases. Nebraska coming back and playing in Austin would be the #1 draw by a fucking mile (if we actually have fans that could attend games, that is).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This right fucking here.

And if our target as posited by other is 12* FINE.

Drop Baylor get NU, BYU and Rice. I'd take rice over just about any school.

I want to be clear about one point.

I'm fine with adding NU and BYU, okay either neither happens or both, would love Rice and I'm okay with WV.

What I care about most is getting that POS in Waco out of my conference, and let them fester into a shit stain until they go bankrupt. 

Ditch Baylor, that's for sure.  But no thanks on BYU or corn.

Better, add Tulane and Hawaii, and play them away every single year.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Substantially unsubstantiated rumors of the corn hiring Jeff Luhnow to work a 3-sided trade:  Neb to B12, Mizzou to B1G, WV to SEC.

I yearn for the days when we believed something because it came from the nefangled Twitter Insider.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

they WERE one of the bluebloods, and just like aggy, their BIG MOVE has delivered fuckall.  Just like aggy they fight it out for 4th place in their division and haven't made a title game since the move.

2020 season is fetch regardless.  but fuck corn six ways to sunday.   get dr. tom one of sharp's talkie-birds and start a youtube channel.

If only someone, or everyone, had warned NU.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

And Urban Meyer is exactly correct. If you play next spring, your team will be at a significant disadvantage next fall. playing 20- 26 games in a 10-12 month cycle has its own issues. I doubt there will be a season this fall (past a few weeks at most), and I doubt there will be a season in the Spring. Once the smoking crater of college athletics is left, we can sort it out and see where things stand next fall. 

Edit - I presume you could play an abbreviated spring schedule but whats the point.

Edited by Blotto