College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I felt that there was always a phoniness in their "welcome to Lincoln" schtick.  I mean, we go out of our way to be super friendly to road fans, but we're usually losing.  And when you walk into Jack Trice, there isn't a self-serving butt fucking plaque that reads "through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football".

If they had been the runt of the litter in the Big 8, they wouldn't have been anywhere near as friendly.  They showed their true colors in their divorce with the Big 12.

I agree with this completely.  Anyone can be friendly when they're winning all the time.  We beat them 9 out of 10 including 2 Big XII title games and they became the whiniest bitches I've ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I felt that there was always a phoniness in their "welcome to Lincoln" schtick.  I mean, we go out of our way to be super friendly to road fans, but we're usually losing.  And when you walk into Jack Trice, there isn't a self-serving butt fucking plaque that reads "through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football".

If they had been the runt of the litter in the Big 8, they wouldn't have been anywhere near as friendly.  They showed their true colors in their divorce with the Big 12.

Yeah, all of my interaction with Nebraska fans have been around Texas, but they were some salty fucking bitches after a few years of Bevo deep-dickings on the field. Whined like cunts about how unfair Texas was off the field. I don't give a fuck where they go as long as we don't have to deal with those bitches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Nonsense.  Everyone knows that on TV crime shows that you can inject a sample into a GC/MS and get results in 30 seconds.  Lol

Lt. Paul Shavawitz: You see that Dickens?

Dickens: What?

Lt. Paul Shavawitz: The Mass Spec results for the COVID test are back.

Dickens: I can't understand what I'm reading here?

Lt. Paul Shavawitz: Carl, enhance the results for our friend Dickens 

Lt. Paul Shavawitz: No.... enhance.

Lt. Paul Shavawitz: Enhance a little more.

Lt. Paul Shavawitz: You see the 3-D signature on the alpha protein on the gamma hologram projection right there?

Dickens: Yep. Now who did you say this was for exactly?

Lt. Paul Shavawitz: Their starting receiver....

Dickens: Well Shavawitz, I would definitely rule that a catch

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

csi miami deal with it GIF

League just waiting for the right time to announce we're calling things off, right? Even getting volleyball and soccer in on the grand deception!

Three tests per week is basically what MLB has been doing. Not sure where the money/supplies come from but it's a good step

40 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Football or no, I think this is the end of Nebraska in the Big 10.  It was a mistake for both parties.

The people in my office here in Lincoln did not see the humor in me pointing out that this was Tom Osborne's fuck up in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Sidis:  Who's the hot chick in your Avatar?

my ex-wife monica bellucci.

it wasn't just that nebraska was whiny walking out the door...is that they lied their asses off in an attempt to burn the whole place down out of spite for texas.  they can burn in hell forever.  or just stay in the football purgatory that they have condemned themselves to forever.

Also, as to ou and the idea that lincoln would rather take this year off the table given discrepancy in qb experience, etc...  there is a zero percent chance that the ncaa won't give everyone a one-year waiver this year if the season gets canceled.  given that sam isn't exactly a high draft pick prospect, i can't see him not taking advantage. 

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You  are out of your mind if you don't want Nebraska back in this conference. This conference needs Nebraska and Nebraska needs this conference. You add Nebraska and any other team (maybe Cincinnati for the market and proximity to WVU) and we go back to 12, get a real championship game and move away from the Texas-centric geography that killed the SWC. 

Sure, they acted like total cunts when they left, but it was a bad breakup for everybody. They have been circling the drain since they left and honestly, we have too. Still, they are one of the blue bloods of college football. If you have a chance to add them to your conference, it's a no brainer. Their rivalry with OU and history with the rest of the Big 8 leftovers is something that you can't buy or manufacture. That shit still matters in this sport.

Also... a lot has changed with regard to media rights since they bailed. Cord cutting is going to make the next Big 10 TV deal look a lot different than their current one. 

Are you forgetting that Nebraska went 1-9 against Texas in B12 play?  Texas stabbed them in the mind and they never recovered.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

There is no way, no fucking way, anyone in your gene pool is a doctor.

Did you consider the possibility that his mother was a whore, and therefore half of he and his siblings genetic material could be from any random stranger who happened to stop at the local watering hole on their way through town?

17 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You  are out of your mind if you don't want Nebraska back in this conference. This conference needs Nebraska and Nebraska needs this conference.

Effusive, groveling, emasculating apology from them first.  Specifically from Tom Osborne.

17 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You  are out of your mind if you don't want Nebraska back in this conference. This conference needs Nebraska and Nebraska needs this conference. You add Nebraska and any other team (maybe Cincinnati for the market and proximity to WVU) and we go back to 12, get a real championship game and move away from the Texas-centric geography that killed the SWC. 

Sure, they acted like total cunts when they left, but it was a bad breakup for everybody. They have been circling the drain since they left and honestly, we have too. Still, they are one of the blue bloods of college football. If you have a chance to add them to your conference, it's a no brainer. Their rivalry with OU and history with the rest of the Big 8 leftovers is something that you can't buy or manufacture. That shit still matters in this sport.

Also... a lot has changed with regard to media rights since they bailed. Cord cutting is going to make the next Big 10 TV deal look a lot different than their current one. 

Nebraska is not a blue blood in college football. They used to be a blue blood but have been speeding down the path of irrelevance. Coming back to the Big 12 wont change that for them or the conference. 

54 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I can assure you, they were not nice before or after we beat them the final time in Lincoln in 2010. It was cute.

I don't hate them, I view them more like an ugly pet. We should let them back in and make them pay another penalty to the conference.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Maybe let's not throw that particular stone.

Your'e confusing relevance with on field success. There is no debate that Texas is still one of the most relevant programs in CFB. Texas still leads the nation in revenue almost every year, and has one of the biggest fan bases in the country. We have more social media interactions than any other school in the country. There's endless data showing our program's relevancy. Not only is Nebraska not winning, but their fan base and relevancy numbers have dropped off a cliff and won't come back. 

No shit.  Many can run a sub-5 40.  We are talking about superb athletes in among the least dangerous demographic range.  

Not just sub 5. Sub 4.9. At 300+ lbs. these guys are ridiculous. I’m kind is sick of the ol are fat meme right now. I was never fat. I was strong as fuck. Shit I deadlifted 605 last Thursday.

Watching nfl and college level ol vs dL battles every play is outstanding. It’s the best part of football.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I hate Nebraska in ways a Texas fan couldn't possibly understand.  So I get this.
But I miss having that kind of hate in conference.  I don't really hate anyone in the Big 12 except for Baylor, and that doesn't really have anything to do with sports.  If you're a fan of a Big 8 school other than maybe Oklahoma, you hate Nebraska with every fucking fiber of your being and miss having the opportunity to punk them, or given the case with their recent program, just reign blows down upon their ragged corpse as payback for 50 years of dominance, and then taking their ball, going home, and leaving us for dead on the side of the road.
God, I fucking hate those cock suckers.

I love this rant so much.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Your'e confusing relevance with on field success. There is no debate that Texas is still one of the most relevant programs in CFB. Texas still leads the nation in revenue almost every year, and has one of the biggest fan bases in the country. We have more social media interactions than any other school in the country. There's endless data showing our program's relevancy. Not only is Nebraska not winning, but their fan base and relevancy numbers have dropped off a cliff and won't come back. 

You are forgetting about what a huge win it would be for the conference to add the (checks notes, and I had to go all the way to the bottom of the page) 71st largest tv market.  I would rather add the Mormons, and I really don’t want to do that either.

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Not only is Nebraska not winning, but their fan base and relevancy numbers have dropped off a cliff and won't come back. 

My wife's uncle is in his 80s and a lifelong Husker fan. He used to argue with me about football. Now when I bring the Huskers up, he just shakes his head. Has nothing to say. I feel sorry for him. Sort of.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Not to have threads collide but could this be something that pushes Nebraska back to the Big 12?  Add them and Arky and we're back to 12.  ESPN would money whip that to prevent the Pac 16 or whatever that looks like.

Any interest here for that?  To the earlier post about hate, this setup would inject a lot of hate into an otherwise moribund conference.

• Haha 1

Desmond Howard is ranting against Nebraska's alleged disloyalty to the Big Ten  because his Heisman Trophy win over Peyton Manning p!issed off the SEC, which in turn voted Nebraska National Champions in 1997 for a split between Michigan and Nebraska for the two polls.  Scott Frost was the QB of that team.  So for him, it's personal.  Whatever.

Edited by Cornfusion
Added Michigan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Not to have threads collide but could this be something that pushes Nebraska back to the Big 12?  Add them and Arky and we're back to 12.  ESPN would money whip that to prevent the Pac 16 or whatever that looks like.

Any interest here for that?  To the earlier post about hate, this setup would inject a lot of hate into an otherwise moribund conference.

I'd rather just join the SEC or B1G.

4 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Desmond Howard is ranting against Nebraska's alleged disloyalty to the Big Ten  because his Heisman Trophy win over Peyton Manning p!issed off the SEC, which in turn voted Nebraska National Champions in 1997 for a split between Michigan and Nebraska for the two polls.  Scott Frost was the QB of that team.  So for him, it's personal.  Whatever.

I think that was Charles Woodson?

• Hook 'Em 2