College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

Really? You care more about the fans in the stands than the game on the field? That's just sad. 
I want to see the game played. I don't know what the future holds but I'd much rather watch the game than the crowd. Screw the crowd. Give me the game. 

College football is not the same without the atmosphere. It’s just NFL d league scrimmages without it. Not to mention it’s a garbage product on the field this year. Everyone is garbage. Rather watch the pros at that point, and I never thought I’d say that.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I would think Madison Ivy would be on top given how short she is---4'11".  smoking hot but is it weird when your actress has to legally ride to the set in a booster seat? 

Edited by Lobo

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I’m not exactly a tin foil hat guy but there sure seems to be a lot of shitty teams getting games cancelled. 

Maryland is 2-1 and 3rd in their division behind Ohio State. The reason for the cancellation is an outbreak on their end, not Michigan State's, the team that is 1-3. 

So what happens when Big 12 games can't be made up? After bedlam and farmagedon this weekend, the only games left among the top 5 teams are UT-ISU and UT-KSU. What if one of those teams gets the rona and the games can't be made up? How do you compare teams when the round robin did not occur?

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So what happens when Big 12 games can't be made up? After bedlam and farmagedon this weekend, the only games left among the top 5 teams are UT-ISU and UT-KSU. What if one of those teams gets the rona and the games can't be made up? How do you compare teams when the round robin did not occur?

National Rankings

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

https://big12sports.com/news/2008/7/31/1546006.aspx

Unbalanced Tie-Break Procedures to Determine Conference Championship Game Participants

In order for teams to be considered in a tie-break scenario to compete in the Big 12 Football Championship Game, teams must play no less than one fewer conference games than the average number of conference games played by all conference teams (rounded up/down at .50). For example, if the average number of conference games played in the 2020 season is 8.25 (value of 8 when rounded down) a team would be eligible to play in the Championship Game if that team played 7 conference games.

The Championship Game participants will be determined by the best winning percentages within the conference. In the event of an unbalanced schedule where there is a tie for the best, or second best, record in the loss column, head-to-head results will take precedence over winning percentage as long as the required number of conference games were completed. If the teams remain tied, the following procedures will be applied to determine the Big 12 Championship Game representatives:

Two-Team Tie.
1.   Record against the next highest placed team in the conference standings (Based on winning percentage in all games played within the conference), proceeding down the standings.  Two-way win percentage ties down the standings will be broken by head-to-head results.  Absent head-to-head results or if more than two teams are tied in the standings with the same win percentages, results against those teams will be considered collectively.
2.   Record in common conference games.
3.   Cumulative winning percentage of each tied team’s conference opponents.
4.   Highest ranking by the CFP Poll following the last weekend of regular-season games.
5.   Draw.

In the event tiebreaking procedures are unsuccessful and a draw is necessary in determining
any portion of seeding, the following procedures will be used:

1. The draw will be conducted virtually, in public or with media attendance.
  2. Institutions involved in the drawing have the right to participate virtually or have a local representative in attendance at the drawing.
  3. A single slip of paper for each institution (with name or logo) will be placed in a container and will be drawn in order of seeding from highest to lowest.

Multiple-Team Ties.
The following procedures will only be used to eliminate all but two teams, at which point the two-team tie-breaking procedure will be applied.
1.   Head-to-head (best record in games among the tied teams).
2.   Record against the next highest placed team in the conference standings (Based on winning percentage in all games played within the conference), proceeding down the standings.  Two-way win percentage ties down the standings will be broken by head-to-head results.  Absent head-to-head results or if more than two teams are tied in the standings with the same win percentages, results against those teams will be considered collectively.
3.   Record in common conference games.
4.   Cumulative winning percentage of each tied team’s conference opponents.
5.   Highest ranking by the CFP Poll following the last weekend of regular-season games.

Example 1
(Average number of conference games played is 8.25 (rounded down to 8), thus teams must have played at least 7 conference games to be considered as a Championship Game participant.)

Team A: 8-0 (Championship Game participant)
Team B: 7-1 (loss to team C)
Team 😄 6-1 (win over Team B)

1. Teams B and C have both played the required number of conference games in this scenario (7).
  2. Team C has the same number of losses as Team B and has a win over Team B.
  3. Team C would be the second participant in the Championship Game due to the head-to-head win over Team B.

Example 2
(Average number of conference games played is 8.25 (rounded down to 8), thus teams must have played at least 7 conference games to be considered as a Championship Game participant.)

Team A: 7-0 (Championship Game participant)
Team B: 6-2 (loss to team C)
Team 😄 4-2 (win over Team B)

• Team C has not played the required number of conference games (7), thus would not be eligible to participate in the Championship Game despite the same number of losses and a win over Team B.

Example 3
(Average number of conference games played is 7.50 (rounded up to 8), thus teams must have played at least 7 conference games to be considered as a Championship Game participant.)
Team A: 8-0 (Championship Game participant)
Team B: 6-2 (loss to team C)
Team 😄 5-2 (win over Team B)

1. Teams B and C have both played the required number of conference games in this scenario (7).
  2. Team C has the same number of losses as Team B and has a win over Team B.
  3. Team C would be the second participant in the Championship Game due to the head-to-head win over Team B.

It's time to cancel this abortion of a season.  

Why? Have any fat old coaches died I’m unaware of? If anything they should just begin to think about pushing the CFP back to late January to make sure the games are played for every one except the big 10 and the pac 12. But since Ohio st is the only worthy school from both conferences it should be doable

And outside of UT/KU and aggy/ole miss, this site would not give 2 shits about the rest of the games that are cancelled had they been played or not

5b8e84574e7febab599cb770d290661e.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

Along those lines, barring a late Pac-12 puss-out, we will awaken Sunday with 183 out of 209 match-ups between Power 5 having been played on schedule (I threw in the UCLA quickie-game from last week on the plus side).

Down to 87.6 percent, and I suspect it will get a little worse as cases are still way high and also we may be approaching the period where some teams with nothing to play for just shut down for safety reasons. But we're also quickly approaching the point where the true CFP contenders will have enough games to not have to panic if anyone backs out on them.

Edited by Bartles
Pac-12 puss out + FSU Clemson
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 9:04 AM, Wally Fairway said:

It would be a tin-foil thing if Indiana came down with the Rona for this week, to stay 1/2 game ahead of Ohio St (and I would applaud that move)

It would be merely a walmart-readers thing if ND caught a Rona exposure the week of the ACCCG, and thus locked up a playoff game in the Rose Bowl.