Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It must be something, because I can tell you that the Loge Box seats I'm paying for sure as shit don't come out to $98 dollar a game per ticket, much less $91. It is a vast multiplier of that. So, clearly something is missing and/or that chart is complete bullshit. 

I don’t know about the Loge boxes, but for our tier 1 tickets that chart is only showing the ticket price, and does not include the required seat gift. So yes, a bit misleading.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/14/2024 at 8:37 AM, closetojumping said:

The Fletcher’s corndogs better be served in the dining hall for the suites. I don’t want to have to walk down and find a stand around you people on gameday. 

I gotchu, fam.

tumblr_lx8qyqyXwP1r8cvzdo1_400.gif

Edited by Davis Lane

1 hour ago, hornian said:

The released the 2024 Seating Chart earlier this week. It's available here or see the screenshot below.

The have spread out the visitors more than last year (they were mostly in 119-122 last season. It also seems like there is more - the visitors are in Sections 1, 32, 131, 132 this year (in addition to the tops of 103, 104, 106, 107, and 119).

My guess is that most will be in the 32/131/132 sections, and the 103-119 visitor sections will mostly be "single game tickets" for the visitors who don't sell out their allotments. 

Screenshot2024-02-15at8_47_44AM.thumb.png.3d25f618a9972189d285934db77a01a7.png

Thanks! I knew there was some rule that required X amount of seats in lower bowl. 

53 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I don’t know about the Loge boxes, but for our tier 1 tickets that chart is only showing the ticket price, and does not include the required seat gift. So yes, a bit misleading.

My seat gift is also ENTIREYL separate from just the cost of me buying tickets. So there's even more to it than that, I *think*. Perhaps I've got multiple gifts layered into that cost. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pro-tip, if you want a remnant...there's a gap in the construction fencing on the eastern side.  You can just reach in (that's what she said) and grab a piece of cement or brick or rubble or rebar.  As much as that place sucked everything from concerts to basketball, I feel like Farva in Supertroopers, "She stinks likes hell, but I'll sure miss her.  Guess you could say that about all my girls..."  

The official demolition permit (obviously shit can change with weather and logistics and all that) will reach its terminus exactly 50 years after the groundbreaking of the FEC.  Helluva run Drum, helluva run...

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I find it kind of sad.  I have a lot of fond memories there.  Like 1/20 /1979.  The drum was brand new and UT basketball had entered the season as a preseason top 10 team.  They fell out of the rankings after several losses, but on that Saturday night USC came to town.  After a number of beers at the Posse, my roommate and I attended the game.  We smuggled in a giant “POP the Trojans” banner with an accompanying drawing (thinkThujone) that we proceeded to hang from the top section.  We were immediately rounded up by security and the banner was confiscated.  Sadly we never saw the game, which UT soundly won, or the banner ever again. One of the few times I wish cell phone cameras had been around.

• Hook 'Em 4

I remember the '77-78 Inaugural season of the Super Drum that included Texas beating Arkansas' Final 4 team w/ the "Triplets", and Texas winning the NIT Championship and Abe Lemons winning the National Coach of the Year.

Abe had a national following and recruited Johnny Moore (PG) from NYC, CO-NIT MVP's Ron Baxter (PF), the LA HS Player of the Year, & Jim Krivacs (SG), a transfer who earned All-America honors, and Ovie Dotson, a future Harlem Globetrotter.  

I played pick-up games w/ Krivacs in Gregory Gym, before I knew who he was. F*cker!

The Super Drum was big step up in concert venue's from the Municipal Auditorium and City Coliseum. Back in the day, you could buy an annual pass for Intercollegiate Athletics for ~$30/year and Cultural Entertainment for $10/year. 

Oh, ... for the good ole days.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, your mom provided cultural entertainment for $10.  Dammit, I had something for this.  

it is really weird to see the drum with no top on it.  Probably 300 hoops games and 50 concerts over my time here.  And I think one drug induced monster truck rally.  But I can’t be sure.  

Our sleepy little town just got a bit older today.  

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, your mom provided cultural entertainment for $10.  Dammit, I had something for this.  

it is really weird to see the drum with no top on it.  Probably 300 hoops games and 50 concerts over my time here.  And I think one drug induced monster truck rally.  But I can’t be sure.  

Our sleepy little town just got a bit older today.  

Mom's still kicking at 94. Kicking be the operative word, so be nice!

She took us to see the Batman World Premier at the Paramount in 1966, and to see Led Zeppelin in '69 for my 13th birthday. 

Sleepy little town getting a bit older? Let's see ... The Paramount, Municipal Auditorium, The Teen Club at Bergstrom AFBCity Coliseum, Kings Village, Antone's, The Armadillo,  DKR-TMS, Mother EarthAustin Opry House, The Back Room, The Armadillo, Continental Club, Soap Creek Saloon, Silver Dollar, Broken Spoke, Rauls >> ???, Club Foot, 3rd Coast, Super Drum >> Erwin Center, C-Boys, COTA, Moody Center, 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

I remember the '77-78 Inaugural season of the Super Drum that included Texas beating Arkansas' Final 4 team w/ the "Triplets", and Texas winning the NIT Championship and Abe Lemons winning the National Coach of the Year.

Abe had a national following and recruited Johnny Moore (PG) from NYC, CO-NIT MVP's Ron Baxter (PF), the LA HS Player of the Year, & Jim Krivacs (SG), a transfer who earned All-America honors, and Ovie Dotson, a future Harlem Globetrotter.  

I played pick-up games w/ Krivacs in Gregory Gym, before I knew who he was. F*cker!

The Super Drum was big step up in concert venue's from the Municipal Auditorium and City Coliseum. Back in the day, you could buy an annual pass for Intercollegiate Athletics for ~$30/year and Cultural Entertainment for $10/year. 

*venues

• Hook 'Em 1

Saw all kinds of games and concerts in there. Met Earl Campbell in there. Sat right behind Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw at a Runnin' Horns game there in about 1994.

Quite a few graduations. Took many a girl there on dates. Really too many events there to even remember. 

I got my fair share of contact highs attending concerts and graduations there.

The highlight will always be seeing Metallica when they toured with Ozzy.

I was never so scared and so happy to be at a concert in my life.

• Hook 'Em 2

It wasn't the greatest venue, but lots of memories.

Being a ball boy for Abe's teams, listening to Abe crack wise after every game in the old Burnt Orange room, seeing lots of great teams and games (still have an old programs signed by the Phi Slamma Jamma team and Ray Meyer and his DePaul team), seeing Jimmy Page on his Outrider tour, Page and Plant on the Unledded tour, going to see ZZ Top with my dad after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and too many other concerts to count, earning money for our high school bball team by helping clean after events, etc. Knew every nook and cranny of that building. 

I'll miss it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I was forced to take my son to a BeeGees concert there sometime around 1980.

“Forced” my ass, Methusaleh. You were the original inspiration for Jive Talkin’…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PTINS said:

Still my favorite Texas Basketball memory… by far. I somehow landed court level seats in the corner. I think I mentioned it earlier, but The Drum was a madhouse. I was a Junior in HS, and I already had serious case of Senior Fever.

I also remember a tv game a couple of years later when Coach Wooden referred to The Drum as the palace/Taj Mahal/whatever of college basketball. I thought might bring some giggles. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Yep, I told that story 3 weeks ago. I’ll be on the Getting Old Sucks thread if anybody wants me.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Born Burnt said:

Live update...

image.thumb.jpeg.8931c0d453a89546987fcab8c8f5c919.jpeg

Damn, i was hoping for at least a massive explosion with I35 cars dodging hurled bricks and maybe winging 1 or 2 of the more modern high rises with some steel beams... 

Stripping her down like that seems cheap and tawdry. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Used to attend Longhorn Club luncheons downstairs when Mackovic was still here.

I was a hard rock fan, but my freshman year (79/80) a girl I knew set me up with her sister. She told me her sister was a huge Billy Joel fan who would “show some appreciation” if I took her to his upcoming concert. I found out later that she also liked hard rock, hated Billy Joel and thought I was lame for taking her. Fortunately, concerts were cheap then.

Turns out this girl thought I’d ask her sister if she wanted to go to the concert, but I decided to surprise her, so I went ahead and bought the tickets. My date was too polite, I guess, to level with me. Smooooth Operator I was not as a Jester Freshman. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

I got a high five from Billy Joel in there circa 1986 ish.

I'd have rather gotten a low-five from his then wife Christie Brinkley,  but I'll allow it.  

I can remember so many shows so vividly there, but there's others I know I attended but can't recall jackshit about them.  I think probably one of the last handful of shows I attended was Dead & Co. with @Hate  And we were sitting just a few rows in front of Bob Weir's daughter, Monet.  And she is smoking hot.  And Hate was smoking.  And we were laughing.  There was something about the amplifier configuration, it was---IIRC---the best sound I ever heard for a concert at the FEC or just a side effect of the contact high I got from our row.  

csb/ I'm walking into the alumni center on Friday evening for a dinner.  But I'm early and was getting some work done.  And a buncha country bro dudes pass by me with soft drinks (by their direction, I'm guessing they were at Posse or Crown around 5:00p.  And one guy asks me, "Hey man, our bus just dropped us off up the road and we're trying to find our way back to the campus music venue.  Can you point us in the right direction?"  And it took my old, dumb ass a few seconds to process.  They were looking for the Moody Center, not the Erwin Center.   So I got 'em in the right direction.  And that guy's name?  You guessed it.  Blake "Frank Stallone" Shelton.  /csb

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, PTINS said:

She took us to see the Batman World Premier at the Paramount in 1966, and to see Led Zeppelin in '69 for my 13th birthday. 

Sleepy little town getting a bit older? Let's see ... The Paramount, Municipal Auditorium, The Teen Club at Bergstrom AFBCity Coliseum, Kings Village, Antone's, The Armadillo,  DKR-TMS, Mother EarthAustin Opry House, The Back Room, The Armadillo, Continental Club, Soap Creek Saloon, Silver Dollar, Broken Spoke, Rauls >> ???, Club Foot, 3rd Coast, Super Drum >> Erwin Center, C-Boys, COTA, Moody Center, 

You said The Armadillo twice...also forgot the Vulcan Gas Company.

On 3/6/2024 at 3:52 PM, PTINS said:

You left off Liberty Lunch and the Ritz…

On 3/6/2024 at 2:51 PM, PTINS said:

X posting from music thread... 

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

RIP, Ol' girl.  First FEC experience was for this game... 

Also in attendance for two NCAAT Classics with the US Reed shot when Hogs beat Louisville and Sparks' 3ptr to send UK into OT vs Sparty. 

On 3/6/2024 at 2:52 PM, PTINS said:

When did the Broken Spoke close?

12 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

0cb20ebf-678c-4abd-8638-0d24e19508ec_tex

Calc you later.  Calc you later.  Man, chicks don’t wanna hear that shit, Man. The girls in our glass suck dude.  The girls ahead of us were awesome.  /dC

1 hour ago, honolulu horn said:

Worked at the FEC through undergrad. Loved working there, from being an usher to working security to being in the front office. The whole place was a blast and the people were cool to work with. Best times were when big shows would roll in -- you could meet the performers if you knew where to be when. I was never obnoxious about it, but I wasn't going to miss a chance to meet people. The best memories are shaking Stevie Ray's hand and working security outside of Van Halen's dressing room. Met all of them, they were all super cool, and Eddie warmed up for the show right in front of me. Thanks FEC for letting me meet and hang with my two guitar heroes. 

man! I worked security @UF.   I only got to see Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, and Garth Brooks!  ^This is some bullshit!

csb I was one of a few guys working security for a small indie band I'd never heard of.  It did not go well, toughest gig I ever worked.  It was Indigo Girls and the crowd was not really thrilled with the phallocracy.  Just 4 guys trying to tell 1000+ women what they could and could not do.  Not scary but very very hostile.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 2:40 PM, Armybrat said:

Used to attend Longhorn Club luncheons downstairs when Mackovic was still here.

Nobody gets too much heaven no more 

On 3/6/2024 at 2:51 PM, Red Five said:

I got a high five from Billy Joel in there circa 1986 ish.

Yes, yes, you had to be a big shot, didn't you

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, locodos said:

man! I worked security @UF.   I only got to see Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer

I’m guessing you were made to iron a lot of parachute pants and can still smell the spray starch in the back of your throat.