Time to Oust Cornyn

pyrohornIII

35 minutes ago, mchookem said:

where is this prostitution thing coming from? i don't watch a lot of live tv, i haven't seen any Cornyn add except for the lady who was sexually assaulted as a child...

i mean, legalizing prostitution is a pretty progressive issue!

Hegar wants to decriminalize petty “quality of life” offenses (prostitution, bikes on sidewalk, spitting, Brown Paper Bag) that meathead cops use to harass citizens.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Not that great of a case for MJ so far. I would have thought for such a prestigious position, there would have been a more compelling story on her. I recognize Cornyn sucks, but is this really the best that the Texas Democrats could put up against him, or is there more to her story and posters are just being typical smart asses?

Dude Texas Democrats suck, they don't have a bench, they don't know how to build a bench, they don't even know how to ask people if they'd like to be on the bench, such as it is.  Why would you think they would have some sort of a plan for putting the best possible options on the ticket at each of the roles in their sphere of influence?  

3 hours ago, WBT said:

Her entire campaign seems to be motorcycle and helicopter

Yeah it ought to be just playing his commercials in the background with fact checks on voiceover with markup on the screen.  Cornyn is straight up saying he'll do exactly the opposite of what he's done so far and what he'll actually do.  This makes them good ads because it's what people want, but it makes them terrible ads because they are fucking lies.  This should be the focus.  Don't understand why they aren't going down this path.

I am still enthusiastically voting for MJ though.  

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

i mean, legalizing prostitution is a pretty progressive issue!

It is a way to get those workers into the system with resources for help, harm reduction, and education. It is commonsense, but that concept is a sporting target in Texas. 

I blame this all on Phil Graham switching from Democrat to Republican. Aggy turncoat.

5 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

She might suck, but I'll vote for her just because it could be one more seat towards breaking Mitch's control of the senate.

Agree. From time to time, the political pendulum needs to swing back to undo a party that went too far. 2020 could be that time. I also expect Dems to overact to complete power. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Agree. From time to time, the political pendulum needs to swing back to undo a party that went too far. 2020 could be that time. I also expect Dems to overact to complete power. 

lulz

Far more likely is that the Democrats get basically nothing done while the whole time Republicans are screaming that they're destroying the country. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Funny. If the Democrats get control of all 3 houses, I 100% expect them to pussyfoot around and under-act to fix this country and try to bring back "normalcy." They'll waste a year trying to justify changing the filibuster to the other side and do nothing that looks like progress. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Funny. If the Democrats get control of all 3 houses, I 100% expect them to pussyfoot around and under-act to fix this country and try to bring back "normalcy." They'll waste a year trying to justify changing the filibuster to the other side and do nothing that looks like progress. 

Democrats represent too many groups, so they have a lot of different priorities.  They'll argue about reparations, free education, and a whole bunch of other stuff that is untenable. Affordable doesn't mean free, and tie reparations into education or a voucher program for education.  Some will get busted for affairs, taking money, whatever--happens in DC all the time, and they get busted by other Dems.  And they'll drop the ball on the long term issues that matter: statehood for DC and PR, extra SCOTUS, redistricting, prosecuting past admin for actual crimes, get rid of electoral college, pandemic resources and testing, resetting emissions and pollution checks (EPA), up taxes for wealthy which have been eroded by DOTARD, revisit immigration policies, single payer or strengthen health care, attack dark money, etc.  There's a lot to do so I fully expect them to argue about stupid shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Democrats represent too many groups, so they have a lot of different priorities.  They'll argue about reparations, free education, and a whole bunch of other stuff that is untenable. Affordable doesn't mean free, and tie reparations into education or a voucher program for education.  Some will get busted for affairs, taking money, whatever--happens in DC all the time, and they get busted by other Dems.  And they'll drop the ball on the long term issues that matter: statehood for DC and PR, extra SCOTUS, redistricting, prosecuting past admin for actual crimes, get rid of electoral college, pandemic resources and testing, resetting emissions and pollution checks (EPA), up taxes for wealthy which have been eroded by DOTARD, revisit immigration policies, single payer or strengthen health care, attack dark money, etc.  There's a lot to do so I fully expect them to argue about stupid shit.  

I mean. Yeah. But fuck you for saying it out loud, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

DC and PR should be given statehood in the first 100 days. The current population and demographics make the Senate a long shot for Dems to hold for long. Giving Dems a presumed 4 new senators would actually make it competitive in the future. Which is good for both sides.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Bad, weak, and compromised leadership in the Democratic Party has a lot to do with this too.  Good leaders can rally public support for good ideas, zealously defend them, and advance them without worrying about which house member might lose their seat over an issue.  Too much 3D chess around elections and habitually scared of GOP response to actually go for it on policy. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

DC and PR should be given statehood in the first 100 days. The current population and demographics make the Senate a long shot for Dems to hold for long. Giving Dems a presumed 4 new senators would actually make it competitive in the future. Which is good for both sides.

Puerto Rico isn't really a guaranteed 2 Democratic Senators. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Puerto Rico isn't really a guaranteed 2 Democratic Senators. 

They also, more and more each day, aren't for sure onboard with becoming a state. 

But adding 3-1 senate seats is still a net win. The real question is, in a state that small and culturally similar, how often do you see split senate seats?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I’d settle for just making DC a state and not Puerto Rico.

with our luck, PR would elect 2 republican senators. 

I get what ya'll are saying about MJ's campaign. 

I will say she exceeded my expectations in the debate.

And Cornyn is just the epitome of an empty suit. His answer on systemic racism was just pitiful, not that his base wouldn't dig it. That's just one example. I truly believe he really isn't particularly smart or savvy. *

He rose through the ranks on the GWB coattails and it didn't matter who was in that slot. It was just a continual rise of shit -- Rick Perry, Cornyn, Abbott. Now we get the absolute dregs of that lot with Paxton and Patrick. Affirmative action for white Christian dudes is undefeated. But somehow, the challenger has to have a "story." They have to have solid policies, platforms, gotta be a superhero. When we all know, any ordinary motherfucker with a brain and some passion would probably make a better rep. Because they might actually give a shit about constituents.

was my boss when he was AG

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, thepop said:

hmm if only there was a well known democrat from the state of Texas that could have ran against him and increased the Hispanic vote, which in turn would have helped Biden as well.

If Beto and Stacey Abrams had just stayed in their lanes and not tried to shoot straight for the top, the dynamics of this election year could be totally different. Beto would have smoked Cornyn and Abrams would also be a (D) Senator from Georgia. But nope. Couldn’t wait their turn. Had to try to cut in line. Woulda coulda shoulda. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

If Beto and Stacey Abrams had just stayed in their lanes and not tried to shoot straight for the top, the dynamics of this election year could be totally different. Beto would have smoked Cornyn and Abrams would also be a (D) Senator from Georgia. But nope. Couldn’t wait their turn. Had to try to cut in line. Woulda coulda shoulda. 

Beto gets credit for trying, and is actively helping turn Texas blue from behind the scenes. Castro’s haven’t done shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep.  Evan Smith has it right.  Cornyn is seeing something scary, if he's talking like this now.

Yep.. that's a huge admission that he thinks Trump is going down in Texas and take him with him.

8 minutes ago, thepop said:

Beto gets credit for trying, and is actively helping turn Texas blue from behind the scenes. Castro’s haven’t done shit.

Stacy has been doing her part helping fight voter suppression efforts all over the states.   I'm real impressed with her movement

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, thepop said:

Imagine Julian Castro campaigning in South Texas and what that would do.

Have you met Castro?  Sending him to the Valley is a great way to elect Republicans.  Why do you think he and his brother aren't willing to run for something statewide?

*Edit--judging by your previous post you may have meant that tongue in cheek, in which case, touche.

Edited by LCHorn
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Hopefully, that gets him on Trump's shit list and we get a tweet about Big Dumb John Cornyn soon.

"Cornyn" is now #2 trending on twitter, so Dotard has to notice this.  

This may turn out to be more effective than all of MJ's stupid advertisements combined.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

This is what every single one of them are going to be saying, at least about the deficit, as soon as Dems are in charge.  "Yeah Trump decimated our budget, and I was against it then just as I'm against it now, Dems! You don't get to spend the people's money that you don't have, just like we didn't get to spend it when Trump was in charge, that was all just Trump, we had nothing to do with it!"  Lying sacks of shit, every one of them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

saw a cornyn ad about how mj supports single payer which is going to take away your medicare and john cornyn has a plan to drive down prescription drug prices and protect pre-existing conditions.  where the fuck is the democratic super pac reairing cornyns ads with a big red "L I E S " stamped on top of it with the video going black and white like those "wasted" clips from GTA?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

This is what every single one of them are going to be saying, at least about the deficit, as soon as Dems are in charge.  "Yeah Trump decimated our budget, and I was against it then just as I'm against it now, Dems! You don't get to spend the people's money that you don't have, just like we didn't get to spend it when Trump was in charge, that was all just Trump, we had nothing to do with it!"  Lying sacks of shit, every one of them.

We all knew they were going to give him the aggy QB treatment.   

• Hook 'Em 1