Time to Oust Cornyn

pyrohornIII

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Cornyn is just another rat jumping from the sinking USS Trump. Just remember he's still a fucking rat. Drown him in votes.

Electorally, the question is what the hell has taken Cornyn and Sasse so long?  And why haven't more Rs joined them?  Trump's been an obvious albatross since at least the midterms.

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

Electorally, the question is what the hell has taken Cornyn and Sasse so long?  And why haven't more Rs joined them?  Trump's been an obvious albatross since at least the midterms.

My very uneducated guess is that these dipshits are in the same Fox News universe that everyone's rube white trash relatives are in and are just now beginning to understand what likely is coming next.

• Like 1

All are deadly afraid of being called names by our playground president.  Future biographies will be instant classics that tell the tale:

-Profiles in Chickenshit.  The Life & Times of Ted Cruz.

-The Scaredest Generation.  How I Overcame Bed Wetting at Age 65.  By John Cornyn

-I Happily Eat The Singing, Caged Bird's Droppings.  The Life & Times of "Lady Bug" Lindsay Graham

-Diarrhea of a Young Girl.  Donald J. Trump on Jeffrey Epstein Island in the 1990's. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Bc they are spineless pussies with no real convictions/morals/balls. Fuckface cunts. All of them

a friend of mine is a big swinging dick donor.  from what he tells me, this is exactly right. says what he needs to say to get elected.

Edited by elfenix

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

a friend of mine is a big swinging dick donor.  from what he tells me, this is exactly right. says what he needs to say to get elected.

He is a piece of shit that would push his mother in front of a train if it secured another term. Should have “NOT A REAL MAN/TEXAN” tattooed on his stupid cunt face. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

spacer.png

Too late, motherfucker. Too late for you and all of your cohorts’ pathetic asses. You had four years to stand up to the most destructive president in our history, and you find your conscience to voice your opposition three weeks away from the election?  FUCK YOU.

Edited by Planet Houston
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Planet Houston said:

spacer.png

Too late, motherfucker. Too late for you and all of your cohorts’ pathetic asses. You had four years to stand up to the most destructive president in our history, and you find your conscience to voice your opposition three weeks away from the election?  FUCK YOU.

No shit. Then show some balls and vote against ACB's SC confirmation you fuckface. I voted for Hegar this afternoon.

Will be curious to see how many people vote for Biden AND Cronyn. 

My mother is one. Asked her why and she Basically said it was  due to MJs commercials.  Apparently they rub her the wrong way.   

Ugh.  At least she voted Biden

edit:  what strange is that she voted for Beto and loved Obama. So it’s not like she is some republican never trumper. 

Edited by Xian

I don’t think there’s anything new on Twitter/social media/Surly, just the same “Beto should have run in hindsight” talk, without examining the circumstances he was in should he go for too much too quickly. People on the board call his campaign an apology tour, others ask where he is at without knowing any of the legwork he’s done.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah I’m starting to get pissed at everyone shitting on Beto.

After watching the documentary on his race against Cruz, it was very obvious that loss hurt him in a deep personal way.

His run for president was obviously premature but he wasn’t the only one who reached too high, too early in this cycle.

And let’s face it, he runs against Cornyn and loses another high profile race? He’d be done forever. The presidential loss won’t matter but being a two time loser in big high profile statewide elections would have been a career killer.

Frankly, he and Stacey Abrams have been doing real actual grassroots grunt work. (And why Abrams is being thrown around in this conversation doesn’t even make sense; she didn’t even run for president and obviously wants a shot at the governorship again.)

Like, none of the other Democratic presidential losers get shit on like Beto.

Effing Mayor Pete gets worshipped and he was the biggest line jumper of the bunch but he goes on Fox News and fires off some zingers and writes another book and starts a podcast and everyone wets themselves.

If Texas goes blue this election, Beto deserves so much credit for doing the really hard, really important groundwork that will have made that happen. He’s been working his ass off but it’s not glamorous and flashy.

Give me the guy knocking on doors, stumping for down ballot candidates, making literary millions of phone calls, and registering thousands of new voters.

This is a good post. My beef with Beto was that he spent the back half of his campaign against Cruz on an apology tour that cost him the race. As his presidential run demonstrated, he’s just not a great candidate when Ing he’s running on his own merits as opposed to his opponents‘ negatives. 
His next race should be for a more winnable position and hopefully he can dial it in. In the meantime I’m grateful for the work he’s done.

In the Beto thread before he ran for President, I expressed hope that he wouldn't run and instead focus on Texas politics. He didn't and I guess that maybe the run garners him a cabinet position in the Biden administration. But since then, he worked hard at helping turn Texas blue and should get a lot of credit for that. If he gets a cabinet position from Biden that will be good for him. But part of me still wants him for Texas. Maybe he can run for Governor and fix all the shit that got fucked up by the years of Bush, Perry and Hot Wheels. Texas could  use a good man like him to unfuck everything. Maybe this is what he was really born for, but I'll admit that it is a mountain of shit to work on so I don't know how attractive it is for him.

39 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

In the Beto thread before he ran for President, I expressed hope that he wouldn't run and instead focus on Texas politics. He didn't and I guess that maybe the run garners him a cabinet position in the Biden administration. But since then, he worked hard at helping turn Texas blue and should get a lot of credit for that. If he gets a cabinet position from Biden that will be good for him. But part of me still wants him for Texas. Maybe he can run for Governor and fix all the shit that got fucked up by the years of Bush, Perry and Hot Wheels. Texas could  use a good man like him to unfuck everything. Maybe this is what he was really born for, but I'll admit that it is a mountain of shit to work on so I don't know how attractive it is for him.

He and his wife are wealthy, so he doesn't need to work. And I don't view the grunt work he's done on voting in Texas to be attractive at ALL. But he's done it. If i thought he had a plausible chance to win the Governorship, I'd be all about it. Not sure if it's realistic yet. 

I think folks wish he'd not run for President. But if you told me that the options were 1) Run for President, Lose, Boss out our voter registration in Texas versus 2) Run against Corynyn, win, but do nothing to get the vote out for Texas I'd probably choose the former. I imagine most of this board feels the same. It's just bitching because Cornyn fucking sucks and Beto would have pistol whipped his ass. 

Beto deserves all the credit in the world for putting Texas Democrats on the map. Before 2016, we couldn’t even get close to winning anything. I don’t know what the hell is going on in Texas right now, but the guy has seemingly given Texas Democrats a fighting chance in elections going forward. We were totally hopeless statewide before 2018 and before Beto.

I think the winds of change on gun control is happening. He said ban weapons of war not hunting rifles and shot guns. The majority of Americans are on his side. Also, most of us think the NRA is corrupt and I think their power will and already has waned. I think he has the name recognition and talent to be an effective governor. I just dont know if he wants to fight that fight. Abbott has shown himself to be a petty and uncaring governor. He puts party over state every time. 

He is the biggest name Democrat that can roll that fucker out of office with the help of all the friends he has made due to his grass roots get out the vote efforts. 

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Yep. If you think Dems are gonna take your guns, you’re too fucking dumb to own guns.

I like to ask them "What would it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?...Like, walk me through the process. You took government in high school, right? Tell me how that would work from start to finish". I get lots of stammering, evil libs blah, blah, blah...but none of them have a fucking clue how hard it would be to take their guns away. 

10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Yep. If you think Dems are gonna take your guns, you’re too fucking dumb to own guns.

There's a lot of dumb motherfuckers out there. It's probably the single biggest reason the people I know who are choosing to vote red are doing so, followed closely by taxes. None if these people make over 400K either. 

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Stale Cornyns latest ad.  What a fucking pussy this guy is. I’m embarrassed to share a state with this loser.

It said "Treat people with respect.", but didn't finish with "Unless you're a Republican President and I will lick your boots for your entire term."

I must have a faulty ad. 

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2020 at 9:57 PM, Disco Strangler said:

All are deadly afraid of being called names by our playground president.  Future biographies will be instant classics that tell the tale:

-Profiles in Chickenshit.  The Life & Times of Ted Cruz.

-The Scaredest Generation.  How I Overcame Bed Wetting at Age 65.  By John Cornyn

-I Happily Eat The Singing, Caged Bird's Droppings.  The Life & Times of "Lady Bug" Lindsay Graham

-Diarrhea of a Young Girl.  Donald J. Trump on Jeffrey Epstein Island in the 1990's. 

Brilliant. 

well, she is female you know.  Yuge distinction there.

But seriously, it is a big thing they keep playing.  How a female has to be ladylike in all things.  If they get angry or speak out or heaven forbid curse, then they are "nasty", "bitches", "drama queens", "too emotional".      

Whether Cornyn believes this or doesn't, that's the card he is playing, and I'm gonna go with the former.

Edited by pyrohornIII

On 10/21/2020 at 8:17 PM, Gap03 said:

I saw this ad last night - Hegar definitely needs more of this, less tales from Afghanistan.

Was going to post this as most effective yet.

The other set is trying too hard to channel Ann Richards and that was a long time ago.

Edited by TexasEd

11 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Cornyn is a pussy. It’s embarrassing and pathetic that he calls himself a Texan and a man. 

Ted Cruz:  Trump insults his wife's looks and mental health, Trump insults his dad's character, Ted bows down and kisses that Trump ring.

Dan Patrick Goeb: There is so much fucking wrong with him calling himself a Texan and a man, I don't even know where to begin.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Was this widely known before now or is the new information?

And if it’s new, did no one seriously ever check out his credentials before now?

NOW you tell me. Information that I would have liked to have known YESTERDAY! I can’t stand that guy, nor Cruz. This state needs an enema!

• Like 1