2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Yes. Sorry. Tired math. Yes, the implication is there is a 160k dem advantage, but that implication is wrong because D+R does not equal 480k. 

If you see my post above, it’s still a 144k advantage unless there is some reliable info about non-parties leaning heavily to one side.  

Edited by Burt Macklin

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Wrong!

Us Blacks only have 12% dumbasses who voted for this clown. The rest of us pulled the correct lever. Get a handle on your people. LOL

Yeah, I'm confused by all the folks blaming minorities for Democratic loses. Even with slight shifts toward Trump, the minority demographics people have been talking about, Hispanic and black, favored Biden by a significant amount. The problem is and remains uneducated, non-hispanic white people. If the democrats actually did anything to help folks instead of just assuming that the votes would be in their favor, then the margins would be even higher.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Scott Walker already said a recount isn't going to net Trump what he needs to overtake Biden. 

This is not a typical recount. It won't be about counting votes. It will be about disqualifying. They know that it won't be enough on the recount. This is what they have told us they would do for 3 months.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

They still have early votes to count. A couple media outlets have mentioned a server fuckup with a third party showing the 99 percent when it shouldn’t.

They’ve counted everything they have, including early ballots mailed and received before Election Day. The only thing I can guess is they don’t know what was mailed on Monday or Tuesday and are still waiting on.  The data aggregators are just guessing on that.  

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Disagree.  Its an easier way to get a vote suppressed if they know what day you're showing up and where.  The only thing that needs to change is when states start counting mail-in and absentee ballots.  

Pandemic is only thing driving the record turnout in absentee ballots. What happens if that’s not around? Gotta show up more on Election Day and continue building on the absentee ballots that was made this year. 

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

Zach Galifianakis Reaction GIF

Calculate Figure It Out GIF

math GIF

spacer.png

You're damn right I was inverted.

BTW, if absentee ballots do run about 70% Biden and those are what is missing from the PA, NV, NC and GA numbers then they are still VERY in play.   Biden's need a miracle but 53% in NV, 64% in NC and 64% in GA run those by Trump with super slim margins.    In PA, he still needs 67%.

Just now, Macanudo said:

BTW, if absentee ballots do run about 70% Biden and those are what is missing from the PA, NV, NC and GA numbers then they are still VERY in play.   Biden's need a miracle but 53% in NV, 64% in NC and 64% in GA run those by Trump with super slim margins.    In PA, he still needs 67%.

Not sure that would be a miracle. That would actually be slight underperformances in Dem heavy mail-ins.

Just now, Thatguy said:

Wrong!

Us Blacks only have 12% dumbasses who voted for this clown. The rest of us pulled the correct lever. Get a handle on your people. LOL

12% of 40% is even less than that, but 88% of 40% is still shit.

Texicans and Blacks let Texas down especially hard, but nationally the numbers were pretty bad in those categories for turnout (even though they were high in comparison to other years).

If Texicans and Blacks can't be bothered to vote, then they will continue to be ignored.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

10 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Georgia SoS says there are about 200k ballots still not counted, from urban areas.  Should overcome the 87k margin Trump is sitting on.  

That will be close, a 75/25 exactly at 200k would give a 13k edge.  So he needs a little under 75% of the outstanding.  

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

They’ve counted everything they have, including early ballots mailed and received before Election Day. The only thing I can guess is they don’t know what was mailed on Monday or Tuesday and are still waiting on.  The data aggregators are just guessing on that.  

And they would know exactly how many ballots were out if Trump hadn't systematically kneecapped the USPS.

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, I'm confused by all the folks blaming minorities for Democratic loses.

The party that got nearly 90% of the black vote “didn’t appeal to minorities.” That makes about as much sense as any of the other stupid shit Republicans and Bernie Bro’s throw out there.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, I'm confused by all the folks blaming minorities for Democratic loses. Even with slight shifts toward Trump, the minority demographics people have been talking about, Hispanic and black, favored Biden by a significant amount. The problem is and remains uneducated, non-hispanic white people. If the democrats actually did anything to help folks instead of just assuming that the votes would be in their favor, then the margins would be even higher.

Do you even monolith bro?

25 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

They still have early votes to count. A couple media outlets have mentioned a server fuckup with a third party showing the 99 percent when it shouldn’t.

It’s lazy reporters repeating each others shit and not doing leg work:

Maricopa county itself says that all ballots must be RECEIVED by 7pm on Election Day.  There’s no mail out there in route. AZ just needs to finish up the  counting it has left, update it’s numbers and certify. 

BTW, Texas margin was around 660k, 52-46 (so, a +6 Trump win).

I thought that Texas could get it within 4, if things broke right.  They didn't.  Trump was +9 here in 2016.  Some erosion of that support, but as discussed, unique circumstances depressing his performance.

Texas is still a +10 GOP state -- that's the margin of Cornyn v. Hegar, which was for all intents and purposes a generic R v. generic D race.  No D gain in the statehouse.  Still a long way to go to make Texas even purple, much less blue.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled nail-biting.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Texicans and Blacks let Texas down especially hard, but nationally the numbers were pretty bad in those categories for turnout (even though they were high in comparison to other years).

If Texicans and Blacks can't be bothered to vote, then they will continue to be ignored.

They’ve got full on battered wife syndrome.

5 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Uh, you know Biden is ahead in Nevada, right?

I wish y'all hadn't pointed me to TexAgs Politics forum.  It is the most fascinating and frightening place I've ventured to on the web, and I've gone down some pretty deep rabbit holes on various "sites" (not quite nowthis deep, but still).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Pandemic is only thing driving the record turnout in absentee ballots. What happens if that’s not around? Gotta show up more on Election Day and continue building on the absentee ballots that was made this year. 

I think that's true nationally, but there are states where its the norm (like Arizona, 80% of their regular vote is by mail).  Even if the pandemic is over next election, I don't see mail-in voting going down.  It beats standing in a line.  It beats dealing with voter intimidation and suppression.  Unless trump can get the courts to go along with trying to disqualify mail-in stuff, I think it only grows going forward.    

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Putting the onus on minority groups to save this country from itself and also have to fight disenfranchisement and voter suppression tactics is not right. 

White voters, once again broke for Trump. White women even went up on their support. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

And they would know exactly how many ballots were out if Trump hadn't systematically kneecapped the USPS.

I just did some digging on the county elections sites. AZ is a receive on, not postmark, VBM state.  There’s no more ballots in route. 

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

A lot of Texicans think they're white and are Catholic so vote Republican. Democrats really need to ramp up their outreach to Latinos in general.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah, that actually should be the exact opposite. So do something to extract the extra 25%.