2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Maybe it's because I'm not watching FoxNews but I just have not seen or read anything from him in the last several days.  And my data intakes are quite spread across the spectrum.  I dunno, maybe the reverse Mandela effect. 

52 minutes ago, thepop said:

Jake is such a fucking tool. 

No, of course the FULL results may not be known, but the winner could be or very soon afterwards.

Of course he uses a county that TRUMP WON as an example. 

What kind of a point is he making?

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Nah, nah.  read more carefully...he said, "Oh and also, I was gay."   See that Pence-sponsored summer camp worked!  

Jokes aside, what's going on with Pete.  He was a rampage there for a few weeks, but I haven't seen/heard/read from him in a week or so and we're in crunchtime.

He's on Fallon right now.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Allow me to retort.  Anything that is +/- 10% either way is gray.  That's all it is.  1030pm update, added ALL states within 10%.

538 right now:

ak: -6.6

az: +3.5

fl: +1.5

ga: +1.5

in: -8.8

ia: +1.6

ks: -9.3

mi: +8.1

mn: +8.1

mo: -6.7

mt: -5.6

nc: +2.1

ne: -6.2

nv: +6.3

oh: -1.7

pa: +5.2

sc: -7.8

tx: -1.8

wi: +8.5

1zZG3

Hey everyone please stop talking about non-election stuff on this thread and read my completely fucking asinine take.

• Haha 1

Dems should be cautiously optimistic right now. 

I mean sure. Trump tricked the Cubans in Florida with a bunch of scary lies and he will probably win that state but......... Georgia, North Carolina, and Texas are all seen as toss ups by election pundits. If trump loses any of those states he’s probably toast. Iowa is no sure thing either. I think Ohio is in the bag for trump tho.

arizona has looked bad for trump over the last 6 months. It’s hard to imagine Biden losing there. 

trump just left a bunch of his supporters in the freezing cold of Omaha. He probably wasn’t going to win there anyway. 

Wisconsin has been destroyed by the pandemic. They’re telling people to stay in the house unless they have no other choice. Do you really think this state will go Trump when they’re seeing 3000+ cases a day?

michigan has looked good for Biden all along. Trump only won it by about 10K votes last time. Polling in Michigan has been solid. New Hampshire / Minnesota aren’t even that close. 

mild concern about Nevada I’ll admit, but every other Clinton state is solid.

Biden still has the worst case scenario path open to him of Clinton states, Nebraska 02, Arizona, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Notice how that path has no Pennsylvania, Georgia, Florida, Texas, or North Carolina.

it feels like Trump has to pull off another miracle. It’s not likely that he will.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Florida will be called on Election Night.

The only two states that conceivably may not be called because of a delay in mail-in ballots are Pennsylvania and Wisconsin (and Wisconsin is looking so far out of reach for Trump that it is increasingly looking like it is not a swing state).

Bump for Arizona as well, due to how Arizona validates ballots. It will take until at least Wednesday.

5 hours ago, The Dog said:

Jake is such a fucking tool. 

No, of course the FULL results may not be known, but the winner could be or very soon afterwards.

Of course he uses a county that TRUMP WON as an example. 

What kind of a point is he making?

The good news there is trump needs votes, he needs that county, and the “stop counting” shit dies in the face of that in this instance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Counterpoint:  every host on fox knows Trump is watching and about to have a really powerful network that will take a large swathe of foxnews current viewership...they're literally auditioning for jobs with him. 

Good point, that blonde Fox vixen is auditioning to suck some tiny orange penis.

48 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Good point, that blonde Fox vixen is auditioning to suck some tiny orange penis.

I don’t know if the automatrons that they’ve manufactured work outside the fox studios.

Like Ex Machina, you can’t let these things 

Model MLF 1000 here is one of my favorites. They have it set to ‘stone cold bitch’ mode and it gives me a weird boner. They generally put the MLF models on during afternoon slots.

This more advanced model is different than Model DIM 250 that they have on mornings shows and ‘The Five’. She’s  got a lot less computing power so they don’t let her do interviews of real people outside of our president. She can usually talk to the other male versions of the same model line DUD 250’s, but that’s about it. They kind of get into a endless cycle of stupidity, but it works on Fox and Friends. 

That poll is bonkers. Hers the backup for the Shaggy poll nerds. I'm sure their methodology is fucked. But makes you wish for the total Trump implosion where you have results like that. How glorious it would be.

https://github.com/GetCitizenData/VoteByMail/blob/master/VoteByMail-Texas/Modeling/October/Texas VBM Toplines 10_23_20.pdf

53 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

It's a great read, but it won't make a difference with evangelicals. If I sent this around to my evangelical family members, their first response will be that he's Catholic. Catholics don't count for Southern evangelicals. I can't speak to other regions, though. I could ask them if they've ever even seen anything remotely resembling a similar behavior in Trump, and they'll counter that Biden probably had someone write that for him and he didn't even give any input on it.

Biden needs to keep it up, though. Although there aren't many undecideds left, this election is less a straight up competition and more like a late season college football game. You can't just win. You gotta dominate and look great doing it because it has to pass the eyeball test.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

It's a great read, but it won't make a difference with evangelicals. If I sent this around to my evangelical family members, their first response will be that he's Catholic. Catholics don't count for Southern evangelicals. I can't speak to other regions, though. I could ask them if they've ever even seen anything remotely resembling a similar behavior in Trump, and they'll counter that Biden probably had someone write that for him and he didn't even give any input on it.

Biden needs to keep it up, though. Although there aren't many undecideds left, this election is less a straight up competition and more like a late season college football game. You can't just win. You gotta dominate and look great doing it because it has to pass the eyeball test.

I've never ever known Catholics to by synonymous with Evangelicals.  It's easy to see the difference in South Texas -- when Mexican Americans fall off the Catholic wagon, they either give up religion (or become soft shelled protestant, same thing) or if they want to stay religious they go all in on Evangelical shit. 

Catholics have to do good deeds (like going to Church) to get them into heaven.  Evangelicals just need to proclaim their faith, cry once in awhile, and they are in.  It's a good deal if you can stomach hanging around with that lot.

2 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I've never ever known Catholics to by synonymous with Evangelicals.  It's easy to see the difference in South Texas -- when Mexican Americans fall off the Catholic wagon, they either give up religion (or become soft shelled protestant, same thing) or if they want to stay religious they go all in on Evangelical shit. 

Catholics have to do good deeds (like going to Church) to get them into heaven.  Evangelicals just need to proclaim their faith, cry once in awhile, and they are in.  It's a good deal if you can stomach hanging around with that lot.

I'll dig even deeper on this. The more orthodox evangelicals don't think Catholics are christian, at all. They think Catholicism is a polytheistic religion that worships a living man as fervently as God, himself, as well as viewing the saints as separate entities that are worshiped. And it's funny you mention the works/repentance aspect of it. Evangelicals actually think that Catholics have an easier path to heaven in their religion because all they have to do is "buy" their way in with hollow good deeds rather than true repentance. How else could you explain a religion embraced by adulterers like JFK and entire societies based on crime like the mafia. That's their words, not mine, by the way. If I had to classify myself as anything these days, it's as a "Golden Rule Agnostic."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

That poll is bonkers. Hers the backup for the Shaggy poll nerds. I'm sure their methodology is fucked. But makes you wish for the total Trump implosion where you have results like that. How glorious it would be.

https://github.com/GetCitizenData/VoteByMail/blob/master/VoteByMail-Texas/Modeling/October/Texas VBM Toplines 10_23_20.pdf

Obviously an outlier poll, BUT:
 I skimmed this and it looks ... plausible if unlikely? I mean, except for the extremity of the margin. It obviously presents a surprising Democratic "lean" (43%) and "don't know" (24%) vs Republican lean (32%), but the party ID was at 34(R%), 35(D%) and 28% non partisan which is in line with other surveys. 
That does not mean D+12. That would mean that a large number of people who identity as non partisans but normally vote Republican and a smaller number of Republicans have flipped to Biden.

That's not a bizarre proposition, since it's literally the entire strategic thesis of the Biden campaign. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I'll dig even deeper on this. The more orthodox evangelicals don't think Catholics are christian, at all. They think Catholicism is a polytheistic religion that worships a living man as fervently as God, himself, as well as viewing the saints as separate entities that are worshiped. And it's funny you mention the works/repentance aspect of it. Evangelicals actually think that Catholics have an easier path to heaven in their religion because all they have to do is "buy" their way in with hollow good deeds rather than true repentance. How else could you explain a religion embraced by adulterers like JFK and entire societies based on crime like the mafia. That's their words, not mine, by the way. If I had to classify myself as anything these days, it's as a "Golden Rule Agnostic."

Was evangelical- confirmed catholic as an adult- went back to evangelical after said catholic and I divorced. Unfortunately/ this belief is prevalent inside the evangelical church. 
I wouldn’t call it the orthodox belief but rather that of the stupid. You might say- but Wulaw those are the same thing- and I would counter with- Yeah- fuck- there are a lot of stupid people out there. But this isn’t the official belief, this isn’t the standard belief, and when I hear someone talking like that I know to steer clear bc they don’t really get this whole Christianity thing, and by saying this shit out loud they are combining that with aggressive stupidity.