2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I didn’t say there were zero right wing extremists. But obviously it was groups with different political leanings that were behind most of this summer’s shenanigans.

I’ve already debunked this on the Minneapolis is Burning thread. 

Troll game not gonna quit. 

Is that even close to the truth?  Did a caravan of Trump supporters actually ambush the Biden/Harris bus and support staff?
I can't even wrap my head around that, if true.

I’m of course prepared to believe the worst. But I’m going to need to see/hear more proof than one guy’s twitter thread.

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is that even close to the truth?  Did a caravan of Trump supporters actually ambush the Biden/Harris bus and support staff?

I can't even wrap my head around that, if true.

Yes, my wife got stuck in the resulting traffic.  She saw the Trump flags in the parade of vehicles. 

I think we've reached the point where we're sort of parsing through everything looking for any little sign that we're in for an unexpected Trump trap like in 2016, and anything that's even remotely negative is triggering that PTSD. Panicking about the Florida thing, thinking "omg Arizona is getting tight!" etc. 

Bottom line is that Biden doesn't need Florida, Arizona is probably okay, the Rust Belt is solid, and he'll likely pick up GA and/or NC as extra insurance. It's gonna all be ok.

#UnDoomed.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

I think we've reached the point where we're sort of parsing through everything looking for any little sign that we're in for an unexpected Trump trap like in 2016, and anything that's even remotely negative is triggering that PTSD. Panicking about the Florida thing, thinking "omg Arizona is getting tight!" etc. 

Bottom line is that Trump doesn't need Florida, Arizona is probably okay, the Rust Belt is solid, and he'll likely pick up GA and/or NC as extra insurance. It's gonna all be ok.

#UnDoomed.

I believe you mean Biden.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't have a problem with them falling in line behind the bus.  It's a free country.

I have a HUGE FUCKING PROBLEM with them trying to force the bus off the road.

I need more info.  This is law enforcement time, if true.  (Yeah, yeah, civil war, militias, whatever, this is the kind of thing that steps over the line on the way to more serious confrontations.  Abbott needs to be on this, which of course means he won't be.)

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, BradInATX said:

I'm not going to read into these late district polls and talk myself into believing Biden will win Texas en route to a 400+ to 100 electoral college rout.

Not gonna fuckin do it. Not in the year of 2020. 

Do it.  Plant yourself in front of the computer.  Look at how the Dems have been steadily growing from 2008 - 2016, and toss in Beto out-performing Hillary in 2018.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, quigley said:

Your history lesson neglects the important fact that Dems became the party of civil rights in the 1960s and 1970s. A lot of rural folk, who I grew up with in OK, didn't like that too much and switched parties. The Reagan landslide in 80 is the dividing line.

Oh, I understand that very well, but the Dems in areas like Texas and Oklahoma still continued pulling in the rural deep into the 80s and early 90s - Rick Perry was Al Gore's Texas campaign manager in '88 - they didn't switch as soon as Reagan came into office.

And Oklahoma?  Oklahoma had a Democratic Governor as recently as from 2003 - 2011.

Hell, in the 32 years from 1979 - 2011, you had 12 years of Republican Governors, and 20 years of Democratic Governors.  Toss in 2011-now, and it's basically a wash - they bounced back and forth between D and R.  And the Dems weren't winning solely because of Tulsa and OKC.

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Oh, I understand that very well, but the Dems in areas like Texas and Oklahoma still continued pulling in the rural deep into the 80s and early 90s - Rick Perry was Al Gore's Texas campaign manager in '88 - they didn't switch as soon as Reagan came into office.

And Oklahoma?  Oklahoma had a Democratic Governor as recently as from 2003 - 2011.

Hell, in the 32 years from 1979 - 2011, you had 12 years of Republican Governors, and 20 years of Democratic Governors.  Toss in 2011-now, and it's basically a wash - they bounced back and forth between D and R.  And the Dems weren't winning solely because of Tulsa and OKC.

Color me completely ignorant of Oklahoma's democratic history here.... now that I am informed, why the fuck isn't it ever attacked as a possible swing state? 

Shit.. it might be too late now. But Dems could've probably turned OK blue just by saying "hey... Texas is red... fuck Texas right?" 

Edited by NorthLoop

Color me completely ignorant of Oklahoma's democratic history here.... now that I am informed, why the fuck isn't it ever attacked as a possible swing state? 

Shit.. it might be too late now. But Dems could've probably turned OK blue just by saying "hey... Texas is red... fuck Texas right?" 

Heck - Alabama used to have a bunch of Democrats elected to office until the early 90s.

There was a huge wave of established democratic politicians in the south that flipped parties after the 1994 midterms and Newt Gingrich’s “Contract With America”.

Richard Shelby was a Democrat until right after Election Day in 1994.

We had a Democratic governor in 2003.

I figure Texas and Oklahoma have the same kind of history.

18 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

- two bags of grass

- seventy-five pellets of mescaline

- five sheets of high powered blotter acid

- a salt shaker half full of cocaine

- a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers

- a quart of tequila

- a quart of rum

- a case of Budweiser

- a pint of raw ether

- and two dozen amyls

772627d5-3f6e-426d-b638-4c110a514fea_tex

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yes, but you can't just do that.  Florida is a fucking shit show.  Always has been, always will be.  There's a reason the bugs bunny gif is used so often.  Florida can get fucked.  Forever.

I think a Dem should run on the platform of "If elected, I'm kicking FL, OH and KY out of the United States".  Said candidate would win in a landslide minus those three shitholes.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

- two bags of grass

- seventy-five pellets of mescaline

- five sheets of high powered blotter acid

- a salt shaker half full of cocaine

- a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers

- a quart of tequila

- a quart of rum

- a case of Budweiser

- a pint of raw ether

- and two dozen amyls

Somebody's planning on taking it up the ass

• Hook 'Em 1

Y’all bitches be cool. It’s getting to “what’s the point of pessimism?” o’clock. Badger your friends whom you trust to vote correctly if they haven’t voted, but at this point we’ve all done what we can do for the next few days. Enjoy whatever booze you’ve stocked up on and this glorious fire pit weather.

And you know, maybe clean your guns this weekend and make sure they’re not gonna misfire if they’re needed.