2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

So, what you are saying is essentially that I’m right and it matches the chart I posted when I said we aren’t uniquely awful but rather average to below average with our peer group. Slotting in around UK, Sweden, Italy and Spain, well better than a couple countries and marginally to significantly worse than a bunch of others. So, just what I said. 
Anyway the idea that anyone in the admin has 210k extra deaths on their hands is silly, as nobody would/should have expected zero deaths and no amount of wrangling anyone was ever going to do from any administration was going to convince America to shut down. 

I mean, no, that's flat out not what the data says. I legitimately don't know how you could come to that conclusion.

You asserted we're doing okay compared to western Europe in terms of death per 100k. We aren't. We aren't "well better than a couple countries" in western Europe. We're well better than one small nation that very much appears to be an outlier. That's it.

Our peer group in western Europe are the worst performing in that group, which is even worse considering the circumstances surrounding them - Italy and Spain were two of the first western nations with outbreaks and have very old populations, the UK and Sweden both dabbled with simply letting the virus run its course.

Everyone else in western Europe is dragging their nuts across our face with their death rate. So is our direct neighbor to the north. We are not average.
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, what you are saying is essentially that I’m right and it matches the chart I posted when I said we aren’t uniquely awful but rather average to below average with our peer group. Slotting in around UK, Sweden, Italy and Spain, well better than a couple countries and marginally to significantly worse than a bunch of others. So, just what I said. 
Anyway the idea that anyone in the admin has 210k extra deaths on their hands is silly, as nobody would/should have expected zero deaths and no amount of wrangling anyone was ever going to do from any administration was going to convince America to shut down. 

Dude, you wanted to keep everything open because you thought the whole thing would be no big deal. Now, it's of course we should have expected 200k+ deaths before November and it's nobody's fault. What the fuck?

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1

Trump doesn’t want anything other than adulation and his own personal aggrandizement. He’s unmoored  from anything remotely approaching a principle. 

And your ENTIRE. PARTY. Has sworn blood-oath loyalty to 1) that man and 2) that ethos. And you think they’re redeemable.
At some point, especially when the evil is so brazenly thrown in your face over and over, if you continue supporting evil then you are in fact evil.

Bingo. There can be no defense of ignorance. It’s a choice. Of evil.

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah W was great on immigration. I’m a honk but I think he was great on a lot of things including unifying a country in the time of Something shitty and returning a level of class to the office of the presidency- Clinton shit all over it- W restore it- Obama acted unlawfully every way to carry that on I’m an honorable way and then Trump fucking desecrated it beyond the wildest dreams of that redneck hillbilly who preceded it. I miss W. I loved W. I wish he or someone like him would come back. And many of the people who voted for W are now voting for Trump and they didn’t become worse people. They are just republicans and voting for what they vote for. 
Same as I would expect you could reanimate Stalin or Mao’s corpse, run them as a Democrat and they’d get a lot of votes because Dems vote for Dems and republicans vote for republicans and 85% of this country is full of partisans. 

Shit. I made a typo/autocorrect got me. When I typed Obama acted unlawfully that was a typo. I was trying to say Obama acted totally and completely honorably in every way. As in W brought class back to the office- Obama carried himself always in  a personal way completely befitting of the office and then Trump shat all over it. Sorry, that’s a bad autocorrect that completely changed what I was trying to say. I was trying to compare the dignity of the office of the last 4 presidents and say a republican and a democrat had great respect for the office and a republican and a Democrat made the office look bad. Seriously sorry about that- this is a bad autocorrect and not what I was trying to say. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Since we went down the kid spanking rabbit hole, I'd like to see the data on that. Obviously, I completely buy that physical violence as routine punishment would be extremely damaging. I'm not sure I buy that getting 5 or so spankings during extreme events over the course of your childhood is bad. But I'm definitely open to seeing the research. (I don't have kids yet).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Shit. I made a typo/autocorrect got me. When I typed Obama acted unlawfully that was a typo. I was trying to say Obama acted totally and completely honorably in every way. As in w brought class back to the office- Obama cattiest himself one a personal way completely befitting of the office and then Trump what all over it. Sorry, that’s a bad autocorrect that completely changed what I was trying to say. I was trying to compare the dignity of the office of the last 4 presidents and say a republican and a democrat had great respect for the office and a republican and a Democrat made the office look bad. Seriously sorry about that- this is a bad autocorrect and not what I was trying to say. 

It’s so cringey to watch a person try too hard. Yikes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And your ENTIRE. PARTY. Has sworn blood-oath loyalty to 1) that man and 2) that ethos. And you think they’re redeemable.

Bingo. There can be no defense of ignorance. It’s a choice. Of evil.

Again- you voted for a republican for president more recently than I have I’d bet you. 

3 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

It’s so cringey to watch a person try too hard. Yikes. 

I feel bad as the way that post read was 180 degrees opposite of the point I was trying to convey. That sucks. I screwed that up. I feel stupid for doing that. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

We should get a daily pool going on who between anastasis, bt, or wulaw is going to shitpost all day and make the board unreadable.  

@Wulaw Horn is honestly trying I believe. His posts are crazy sometimes. But to the extent he lies to us, he also lies to himself. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

There’s not 210k extra dead man for

fucks sake. There’s 210k dead. There were always going to be people dying from this thing. Under any administration. Look at our deaths per 100k and they match up pretty well with Western Europe. We are ... average at dealing with this?  Maybe a little below average. But there aren’t 210k extra deaths. That’s unmitigated horse shit that you really ought to be ashamed to type. Because you are smarter than that. 

What the fuck is wrong with you?  We have about 4% of the world's population.  We have about 25% of the world's deaths.    Do you really need to sharpen your pencil to see what the fuck is going on?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horndog said:

He was, and he did.

Well if you are correct he got 47% last time and this time I bet he only gets 43%. You can blan the fact it’s that high but that’s literally the nature of partisanship in this country, and it’s going to usher in a complete realignment of the country as a result- which to my way of thinking is a repudiation of that man. 

Just now, Gil Bang said:

What the fuck is wrong with you?  We have about 4% of the world's population.  We have about 25% of the world's deaths.    Do you really need to sharpen your pencil to see what the fuck is going on?

Do you honestly believe the numbers being reported worldwide as the numerator?  China at less than 100k dead?  No way man. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yes.  There were kids in cages under Obama.

As to your question, if I may rephrase it someone, of "whether there is a difference between a (1) negligent action that causes a small number of kids to be put in cages for a short period of time before being reunified with their parents and (2) a policy borne of malice with the intent that a much larger number of children be taken from their parents, put in cages for an indeterminate period of time, and then not reunified with their parents because we purposefully lost the paperwork to do so," my answer is . . . are you motherfucking kidding me with that type of #bothsides false equivalence bullshit?

Wait till you hear bout his undying love for Jesus Christ.  Great Beatitude scholar, that one.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

So is Trump under the impression that holding a rally in Florida with a coterie of people who have recently tested positive for COVID and nobody wearing a mask is going to improve his standing among Florida seniors?

I mean, ok.  It's a bold strategy, Cotton . . . .

Say what you will about Kellyanne Conway and Paul Manafort and the rest of that crew--they were competent.  They knew how to run a campaign.  I honestly don't think they have anybody running that campaign right now.  It's just Trump running around holding his self-masturbatory rallies to feed his ego, irrespective of whether they actually help get him votes.

This is the sort of content I like to see.

55 minutes ago, staboner said:

watching someone's worldview slowly deteriorate is sad I guess. Sad. Thats better.

I ate two tacos just now and enjoyed both sides of them / both tacos / no child was punched 

party on

This too.

13 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

We should get a daily pool going on who between anastasis, bt, or wulaw is going to shitpost all day and make the board unreadable.  

Scrolllllllling past the BS. 3hrs worth of Wulaw trying to equate Obama and Trump. Nobody is buying what you're selling @Wulaw Horn

I'm going to go find some protest songs or something. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Since we went down the kid spanking rabbit hole, I'd like to see the data on that. Obviously, I completely buy that physical violence as routine punishment would be extremely damaging. I'm not sure I buy that getting 5 or so spankings during extreme events over the course of your childhood is bad. But I'm definitely open to seeing the research. (I don't have kids yet)

You just put them in your pocket.

Kids raise themselves.
:/s

#teamnospankbutguiltyofyelling

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Good point. Physical abuse is a great way to prevent long term consequences to children.

Well, let's be honest.  It's a great way to teach them that they should remain subservient to the biggest and most powerful people in their lives.

Besides, it was only 12 spankings (give or take).

• Hook 'Em 1

all i know is the next time some chickenshit Trumper from DT whines 'waaaaah the CR is too mean! waaaaah the libtard cabal will just neg anybody that disagrees into oblivion, waaaaah that's why we can't post in there, it's scaaaaary waaaaah'...that gutless pansy ass needs to be pointed to the last 3 pages of this thread. 

other than a handful of negs on a particularly egregious (and frankly quite confusing) post, Wulaw's gone on for several pages here unmolested, with multiple posters attempting to engage and discuss multiple issues with him. and i mean, he's said some outrageous shit. 😳

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 5

58 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Well if you are correct he got 47% last time and this time I bet he only gets 43%. You can blan the fact it’s that high but that’s literally the nature of partisanship in this country, and it’s going to usher in a complete realignment of the country as a result- which to my way of thinking is a repudiation of that man. 

No that’s not “partisanship “, that’s cultish stupidity and evil.  One party has some semblance of ideals and morals.  The other has abandoned all reason and stands for nothing except power, greed and hate. The fact that 43% votes for that should disgust and scare the shit out of you.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Ok.  But do we believe Germany, Switzerland, Canada, and the rest of Western Europe except maybe Spain are just lying and hiding deaths?

No. That’s why I said we are average to below average. But it’s not 4% population 25% death. I bet, if all the numbers were accurate, we’d be at something like 4% of population to- 10 or 12% of deaths. And I don’t think that’s uniquely because of the Trump administration. He let states do pretty much whatever they wanted- which matches with federalism. There hasn’t been significantly better death rates in blue states vs red states which is really the counter factual we are arguing about with a Trump admin vs a Dem admin. I think there’s a spirit of independence and lack of will/desire to be governed in the people of America that exists irrespective of administration and we were/are always going to push back against any kind of new government control in our lives. It’s the spirit of the frontier that I think we still see a strain of in our politics that doesn’t exist in the old world. 

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

He might should, because he doesn’t have a particularly comfortable lead in Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that right?  He going to squeak one out in Alaska?  Man, every time you post something like this it’s just flashing lights and siren screaming- blowout city. 

52 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Awful Texas 4th Quarter Stat Under Tom Herman Going Viral

Post of the year

Trying to change the dynamic: texted with Boy #1 today (recently registered in Texas), has his folding chair, snacks, water, and voting plan all set up for first day of early voting. Approaching voting like getting brisket at Franklins!

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Can you please stop using your pet phrase of the season, "counterfactual"?  It's nonsense.  Plus, your shit's #lobo and whatever.

Counter factual is nonsense?  It literally means- imagine a world in which x was so instead of y. Which is what entire political campaigns are built upon (put me in charge and x would happen, put him in charge and Y will happen). It’s one of the most frequent lines of attack or discussion in a political campaign. 
If I’d have been in charge X would have happened. If he’d have done this then this would (or wouldn’t) have happened. 

4 minutes ago, AngryDragon said:

I agree. They can also be stupid. Or racist. One of those 3.

Or apathetic. Or ignorant. Or ingrained in a world view and not able to see differently. Or believe that their vote is in their best interest. Or believe that it’s the best of a bad choice. Or a host of other factors that isn’t “evil”. 

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

Texas gonna go blue af. 

I would bet against that. I have texas as a 2 or 3 point race to Trump. 5 wouldn’t surprise me his way and 2 or 3 for Biden is in play. The race has definitely shifted to the left since 2016 and Hillary. The question is has it moved beyond Beto/Cruz as there will be greater turnout this time around, and Dems were more energized than GOP in 2018 midterms. 
I’d give you 3/2 odds if you pick Biden in Texas. Maybe even 5/3. It’s not 50/50 I don’t think. 
Texas house is guaranteed blue I’d say.