2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

all i know is the next time some chickenshit Trumper from DT whines 'waaaaah the CR is too mean! waaaaah the libtard cabal will just neg anybody that disagrees into oblivion, waaaaah that's why we can't post in there, it's scaaaaary waaaaah'...that gutless pansy ass needs to be pointed to the last 3 pages of this thread. 

other than a handful of negs on a particularly egregious (and frankly quite confusing) post, Wulaw's gone on for several pages here unmolested, with multiple posters attempting to engage and discuss multiple issues with him. and i mean, he's said some outrageous shit. 😳

Just so you know- that one post you are talking about was a mistake by me, where I had a typo that said the exact opposite I was trying to say about Obama. It shat on him with the typo (which was what made the post so confusing) when I was trying to praise the dignity and decorum he generally had while in the office. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

This is the sort of content I like to see.

This too.

Scrolllllllling past the BS. 3hrs worth of Wulaw trying to equate Obama and Trump. Nobody is buying what you're selling @Wulaw Horn

I'm going to go find some protest songs or something. 

Look man- it was an egregious typo I didn’t notice until I reread it and realized the post made zero sense and fixed what I was trying to say. I was trying to shit on Clinton and Trump and praise W and Obama- not in a policy way but in a “dignity of the office way”. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thanks. I guess. Literally as I said above a while back I don’t believe everyone who votes for Trump is evil. That’s what I’m pushing back against. 

So at what point do they become evil? I mean clearly the evil things he has already said and done haven’t been enough so what’s the line? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just so you know- that one post you are talking about was a mistake by me, where I had a typo that said the exact opposite I was trying to say about Obama. It shat on him with the typo (which was what made the post so confusing) when I was trying to praise the dignity and decorum he generally had while in the office. 

For what it’s worth, I thought that was pretty clear contextually even before you clarified, even if the exact wording was butchered (or opposite, actually). It’s the only way those couple of sentences made sense.

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Or apathetic. Or ignorant. Or ingrained in a world view and not able to see differently. Or believe that their vote is in their best interest. Or believe that it’s the best of a bad choice. Or a host of other factors that isn’t “evil”. 

Not every Trump supporter is racist. But, for every Trump supporter, racism is not a deal breaker.

It’s pretty simple. It’s very shitty. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

Or apathetic. Or ignorant. Or ingrained in a world view and not able to see differently. Or believe that their vote is in their best interest. Or believe that it’s the best of a bad choice. Or a host of other factors that isn’t “evil”. 

Or just asking questions.

40 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Counter factual is nonsense?  

Yes.  It's a compound adjective.  You keep using it as a noun, which is lazy and annoying.  It's present day lingo.  Try something else.  Maybe then more people will pay attention.

Or maybe you'd like to drill down from 30,000 feet and continue to boil the ocean for us.

#little,brownhandbook

#momwasanenglishprof

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Being willfully ignorant to evil is a form of evil. Being apathetic to evil is a form of evil. All of your other options are just forms of evil. That's it. It doesn't necessarily mean irredeemable. But, we can't absolve evil actions by ignoring them or pretending they are something else. But that may be the Catholic schooling talking. 

To add: it is the Band of Brother's episode where easy company discovers the concentration camp. The people in the town didn't participate in the slaughter. But they knew about it. They cast a blind toward it. And easy and the viewer rightfully casts blame on them for it. The town is forced, at the points of rifles, to acknowledge what was done. It is forced to bury the dead. And, only after their eyes have been forced open, forced to see what they did not want to see, that there is finally an acknowledgment of shame and remorse.

We are at step 1. The camp has been discovered. Now, we need to have the power to force those who stood by to see what they have tolerated and even cheered for. They need to be shamed, all of them. Only then will there be any chance for them ... or us. The question left, the question this election may answer, do we have the power necessary to make them see and make them feel shame. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

To add: it is the Band of Brother's episode where easy company discovers the concentration camp. The people in the town didn't participate in the slaughter. But they knew about it. They cast a blind toward it. And easy and the viewer rightfully casts blame on them for it. The town is forced, at the points of rifles, to acknowledge what was done. It is forced to bury the dead. And, only after their eyes have been forced open, forced to see what they did not want to see, that there is finally an acknowledgment of shame and remorse.

We are at step 1. The camp has been discovered. Now, we need to have the power to force those who stood by to see what they have tolerated and even cheered for. They need to be shamed, all of them. Only then will there be any chance for them ... or us. The question left, the question this election may answer, do we have the power necessary to make them see and make them feel shame. 

So, what, we going to have a reconciliation squad?  Should kids disown their parents? Should spouses divorce? What exactly is the end play here?  Do I get rounded up for voting against trump twice in 2016, but not voting for Hillary?  Does anyone who voted for Jill Stein have to pay in some way?  Is it ok to vote for Stein in California or New York but not Wisconsin or Florida or Pennsylvania?  What about people who abstained as a matter of conscience because they found both platforms to be evil?  What about people who don’t vote in general because they feel it’s Idolotry?  Where does it end when we are rounding up everyone to shame them?  

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yes.  It's a compound adjective.  You keep using it as a noun, which is lazy and annoying.  It's present day lingo.  Try something else.  Maybe then more people will pay attention.

Or maybe you'd like to drill down from 30,000 feet and continue to boil the ocean for us.

#little,brownhandbook

#momwasanenglishprof

Grammar is what it’s present day usage allows it to be- language is constantly evolving. Why are you arguing in favor of the tyranny of the past and against the progression of language into a more modern mode?  

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, what, we going to have a reconciliation squad?  Should kids disown their parents? Should spouses divorce? What exactly is the end play here?  Do I get rounded up for voting against trump twice in 2016, but not voting for Hillary?  Does anyone who voted for Jill Stein have to pay in some way?  Is it ok to vote for Stein I’m California but not New York?  What about people who abstained as a matter of conscience because they found both platforms to be evil?  What about people who don’t vote in general because they feel it’s Idolotry?  Where does it end when we are rounding up everyone to shame them?  

When everyone who can be saved is saved and everyone who can't be saved is marginalized. I'm sorry it upsets you that this needs to happen. But it does. Or did you feel easy was too rough on the town?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, what, we going to have a reconciliation squad?  Should kids disown their parents? Should spouses divorce? What exactly is the end play here?  Do I get rounded up for voting against trump twice in 2016, but not voting for Hillary?  Does anyone who voted for Jill Stein have to pay in some way?  Is it ok to vote for Stein in California or New York but not Wisconsin or Florida or Pennsylvania?  What about people who abstained as a matter of conscience because they found both platforms to be evil?  What about people who don’t vote in general because they feel it’s Idolotry?  Where does it end when we are rounding up everyone to shame them?  

Just asking ALOT of questions. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Shit. I made a typo/autocorrect got me. When I typed Obama acted unlawfully that was a typo. I was trying to say Obama acted totally and completely honorably in every way. As in W brought class back to the office- Obama carried himself always in  a personal way completely befitting of the office and then Trump shat all over it. Sorry, that’s a bad autocorrect that completely changed what I was trying to say. I was trying to compare the dignity of the office of the last 4 presidents and say a republican and a democrat had great respect for the office and a republican and a Democrat made the office look bad. Seriously sorry about that- this is a bad autocorrect and not what I was trying to say. 

W bought class back to the Oval Office? Is that a fucking joke? He’s fucking lucky trump is our president. Trumps incompetence is kind of saving W’s legacy which is a shame. He was an awful president, a war criminal and too fucking stupid to know that Cheney was using him as puppet. I mean for fucks sake, W got not one, but two fucking shoes thrown at him within a 5 second window. Shit, him and dumbfucks like Sarah Palin are precisely why we are where we are today. We already had an ocean of stupid fucking people in this country, but W, Cheney, Rumsfeld and later Palin and that ilk planted the fucking seed that led to this. Or at least kept those Reagan “conservative” values going. 

And honestly I don’t care about Clinton or JFK or any of the other president having affairs. It doesn’t make a shit to me. Just do your fucking job. So no, the fact that Clinton got brain in the Oval Office doesn’t mean that W “restored honor and dignity to the White House!” Yeahhhh and a lot of fucking idiocy. Is trump so fucking retarded  you forgot how fucking stupid W was?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

WSJ - Trump isn't winning. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-biden-campaign-travels-show-expanded-battleground-map-11602526847

Spoiler

A year ago the presidential race was shaping up to be a repeat battle for a trio of Rust Belt states that carried Donald Trump to victory in 2016: Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. On Monday, Mr. Trump traveled to Florida for his first campaign event since contracting Covid-19, and Democratic nominee Joe Biden and Vice President Mike Pence were both in Ohio.

The choices, 22 days before Election Day, illustrate how the electoral map has been altered, with Mr. Trump forced to defend states such as Ohio that he easily won four years ago. He narrowly carried Florida, but the Trump team has long been confident about increasing the margin in his adopted home state. Mr. Pence also campaigned there on Saturday, including a stop at the mega retirement development in central Florida called the Villages.

Nearly every recent poll has shown Mr. Biden with a lead in Florida, and surveys show the candidates locked in a dead heat in Ohio. Mr. Trump is also faring worse in other key states he won in 2016, including Arizona and Iowa, while Mr. Biden’s well-financed campaign is pouring resources into once-reliably Republican territory such as Texas.

Election 2020: Pivotal Moments in a Turbulent Presidential Campaign

0:00 / 19:41

15:08thumbstrip.jpg

Like so much in 2020, the presidential campaign was thrown into turmoil because of the coronavirus pandemic. WSJ’s political team reviews the critical events of this year’s campaign season and looks forward to what might influence voters on Election Day. Photos: Jim Watson and Saul Loeb/AFP

In Toledo, Mr. Biden said Mr. Trump was directly responsible for both the human and economic cost of a pandemic that has claimed more than 214,000 lives across the U.S. 

“The longer Donald Trump is president, the more reckless he seems to get,” the former vice president said at a drive-in rally held outside a United Auto Workers hall. “He’s let you down. He’s let us down.”

Mr. Biden touted the Obama administration’s bailout of the auto industry and highlighted his $700 billion plan to revitalize U.S. manufacturing. He also denounced Mr. Trump as a member of the financial elite, claiming the president’s “only plan is more tax cuts for the wealthy.” 

“Like many of you, I spent a lot of my time with guys like Trump looking down on me,” Mr. Biden said. “Guys who thought they were better than me, because they had a lot of money. Guys who inherited everything they ever got and still managed to squander it.”

Mr. Trump’s 2016 victory was secured by flipping Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan from Democratic support. Much of the attention remained on those states as the 2020 contest came into view, but the playing field has grown larger amid Mr. Trump’s struggles with the coronavirus pandemic and eroding support among women and seniors. Older voters are especially crucial in Florida, for example, and Mr. Trump has seen support decline, according to polls.

im-243981?width=620&size=1.5

President Trump at a campaign rally in Sanford, Fla., on Monday.

Photo: saul loeb/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images

In Toledo on Monday, Mr. Biden once again appeared to target working-class white voters who supported the president in 2016, echoing a strategy he has pushed in other Obama-to-Trump states. At a second stop in Cincinnati, Mr. Biden accused Mr. Trump of widening a wealth gap across the nation.

“They see people at the top doing better and better while they’re in midst of this recession,” Mr. Biden said. “While they’re left to wonder who is looking out for me? That is Donald Trump’s presidency.”

Following the first presidential debate in Cleveland, Mr. Biden held a whistle-stop train tour across eastern Ohio, where he claimed Mr. Trump had reneged on his promises to bring back manufacturing jobs.

Despite Mr. Trump’s 8-point win four years ago, Mr. Biden’s campaign has seen an opening in Ohio amid recent polls showing the president losing ground. Last week, Mr. Biden’s campaign built on its paid media effort in Ohio as early voting got under way, expanding its ad reach to 56 of Ohio’s 88 counties. The announcement came as Mr. Trump pulled back on his Ohio advertising.

“We are quite happy to see Joe Biden wasting a valuable day on the campaign trail in a state he won’t win in three weeks,” Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien said during a conference call with reporters.

But as he spoke, Mr. Pence was about to land in Columbus for a rally in what will be his second visit to Ohio within a month. He pitched Mr. Trump as a tireless worker and said he had delivered on promises. “Now it’s our turn to fight for him. It’s on Ohio,” he said. “We’ve got to bring it.” He urged people to leave the event and go vote at an early polling location.

The president left Washington late Monday afternoon and boarded Air Force One for Sanford, Fla., near Orlando. Before a large crowd, Mr. Trump said, “I am so energized by your prayers and humbled by your support.” He quickly returned to familiar themes about the economy while criticizing Mr. Biden and Democratic investigations into his administration. Mr. Trump didn’t wear a mask.

He criticized Mr. Biden’s more cautious approach, saying he would hurt the economic recovery.

“When you’re the president, you can’t lock yourself in a basement and say, ‘I’m not going to bother with the world.’ You’ve got to get out. And it’s risky. It’s risky, but you’ve got to get out,” Mr. Trump said.

“He is strong. He is energetic. He is raring to go,” Mr. Stepien said. “He’s our best asset.” Another aide, Jason Miller, said the president complained on a call Monday morning about not having enough events lined up.

The campaign is scheduling daily campaign events, and Mr. Trump is to appear Tuesday in Pennsylvania, Wednesday in Iowa and Thursday in North Carolina. His surrogates are spreading across other battlegrounds this week, including Georgia, another state Mr. Trump won in 2016 but has been forced to defend. Mr. Biden’s wife, Jill, will campaign in metro Atlanta Monday, as will Donald Trump Jr.

Mr. Trump’s campaign on Monday dismissed national and state polling showing him losing to Mr. Biden, arguing that polling in 2016 at this time had Democrat Hillary Clinton ahead. The campaign also argued it has more on the ground enthusiasm, as evidenced by the large crowds that turn out for rallies, and a significant improvement in voter registration versus the 2016 effort.

“We feel very, very good about the position we are in,” campaign adviser Corey Lewandowski said.

Hillary beat Trump by over 160,000 votes in Harris County in  2016. 

What do you think Biden's margin will look like this year? I think 250k+ is a given. Could it get to 400k? 500k? 

I really don't think Texas will be called early on election night. It's gonna be close enough that it will get a lot of coverage as the night goes on. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

More than 10 million people across the U.S. have already voted in the 2020 election, shattering early voting records with 21 days to go.

The U.S. Elections Project, which tracks early voting, said 10.5 million ballots had been cast as of 12:32 a.m. EDT Tuesday. That's about 7.6% of all votes cast in the 2016 election.

Around this time four years ago, about 1.4 million early votes had been cast.

https://www.newswest9.com/article/news/nation-world/millions-early-vote-election/507-67e3f587-bd40-49be-8127-7598144e86c0

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, thepop said:

The spread in 2016 was 814k. Taking just the new voters alone, the split would need to be 75/25 dem. Add in some of the 350k that went for a 3rd party, inactive 2016 voters, and some Republican defectors, and that 814k starts to seem possible. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Early voter turnout warming my heart.  No way that many more people are voting (and voting early) in support of the last 4 years.  We are showing some unity against him.  I still worry it won’t be enough to send the message that needs to be sent, but the early voting is a really good sign.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah- it’s not my side as I’ve voted against trump every time I’ve been presented with a ballot with him on it and will continue to do so. But I’m not partisan so I don’t have a “side” in that sense. But 80 or 82% of this country (pew’s got pretty cool numbers on that) is a rank partisan and never going to not. It’s for their team. If you hold true p to 40-43% of the vote that’s a massive repudiation. Basically it means e regime persuadable has been persuaded. Which is pretty cool to me and speaks of decency in this country. 

I thought you were on record saying that you you're not voting this election? 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Look man- it was an egregious typo I didn’t notice until I reread it and realized the post made zero sense and fixed what I was trying to say. I was trying to shit on Clinton and Trump and praise W and Obama- not in a policy way but in a “dignity of the office way”. 

Was it an oops? Sure. Ok. 

It's cool. I think the point was driven home that the approaches of Obama and Trump are wildly different. On pretty much any policy or subject. 

41 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

NM backslid from safe to likely D in the consensus map

Not surprising really. The Guv’s Covid orders have been pretty unpopular. I still think Biden is fine there but it’s something to watch. Of course, NM probably isn’t going to matter either way.