2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

34 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Democrats need to fucking chill with their 2016 PTSD.

As a former Republican, let me tell you that this thing looks very familiar.  You have a very stable race with the Democrat leading in polls of all of the "swing" state--a lot of them aren't really swing states under normal circumstances--that the Republican needs to win.  And in the face of those polls, every Republican pundit is claiming that they need to be unskewed or some other bullshit.  And then you have a bunch of house Republican pollsters like Zogby or Trafalgar out there spewing bullshit.  And the end result is that Republicans are fucking convinced they're going to win.

And then Election Day comes and Mitt Romney gets trounced.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

No one is saying this. It's highly unlikely to borderline impossible to get to the same outcome if you don't have the same chance. 

I totally agree but define "same chance". 10,000 people graduated from UT with me. I guarantee 20 years later some are more successful than me and others are not. When does the "same chance" stop? If I bitch enough because I'm not successful as some other dude, will she step in and help me get there? At what cost? 

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

1.) It’s GRHorn sourcing C list FOX reporters. Biden is right to hammer PA because Trump has put the writing on the wall for months - he is going to try to sue for it there. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s not like Hillary Clinton getting completely blindsided.

2.) Biden has viable paths to victory without PA. Trump doesn’t. Biden can win with WI-MI-AZ-NE2. No Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, or North Carolina needed. The odds are seriously stacked against Trump here. It’s why they’re flailing so desperately.

that article also embedded lots of tweets from far right nonsense accounts.  and one from harry enten.  from august.

3 minutes ago, Section4Row36Seat8 said:

I totally agree but define "same chance". 10,000 people graduated from UT with me. I guarantee 20 years later some are more successful than me and others are not. When does the "same chance" stop? If I bitch enough because I'm not successful as some other dude, will she step in and help me get there? At what cost? 

Just ban this fucking troll. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Section4Row36Seat8 said:

regardless of your definition, what she is pedaling sounds pretty crappy to me. If I bust my butt I'd hope I get recognized for it. And if I slack off and the other guy busts his butt I'd hope he would get rewarded more than me.  I don't want to end up in the same place for unequal work and talent. Whats the incentive to try if we all end up in the same place.  I guess in my earlier scenario Usain Bolt has to come back and pick me up and carry me across the finish line because I'm so damn slow? While that sounds all touchy feely and wonderful, all it is ultimately gonna do is make him sit around playing x box and drinking tigerclaw while he waits for me to catch up so we can cross the finish line together. 

I know you're trolling and/or stupid but I will take the bait. 

You're so close with the bolded text. Using your foot race metaphor, 2 people are racing against each other, except one is starting 200 feet back, has no starting block and is wearing sandals. Sure, the person starting 200 feet back could win based on hard work and talent but he has to work even harder than the person who gets the "head start" to wind up at the same destination.

In reality, 200 feet back, no starting block, and sandals = shitty schools, no attentive parent in the household because they themselves have to work mutliple jobs, and other various socioeconomic problems. 

Edited by Hmbre97
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Section4Row36Seat8 said:

uh...it starts and stops with government funded programs that the entire public is entitled to already. It's not increasing the entitlement it's making sure the entitlement is equitable not equal. 

Do you understand that the government funds many aspects of your life today? Do you understand what your tax dollars pay for?

4 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Has anyone else seen some "mission creep" into their beliefs where the D platform seems a bit better than it would have before Trumpism? Being Anti-Trump has led me far down the progressive path that I never would've imagined 4 years ago.

Every few months, I write my reps — sending them unhinged screeds might be a better word, but I’m tempered by a desire to stay off of FBI lists. My reps are super Trumpy, and I always remind them that Trump is the greatest thing for the progressive movement (minus all the death and suffering) in generations. The fallout from the Trump movement, if we survive, will be a country far to the left of where we now are.

3 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Why?  There's nothing in the constitution that says this.  It expanded to 9 justices when the federal circuit expanded to 9.  Now there are 13 circuits. 

What could possibly give "sanctity" to the number 9?  

Baseball is America’s past time. I want my Supreme Court to be able to field a team and I don’t want any of them relegated to the bench.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

Every few months, I write my reps — sending them unhinged screeds might be a better word, but I’m tempered by a desire to stay off of FBI lists. My reps are super Trumpy, and I always remind them that Trump is the greatest thing for the progressive movement (minus all the death and suffering) in generations. The fallout from the Trump movement, if we survive, will be a country far to the left of where we now are.

Baseball is America’s past time. I want my Supreme Court to be able to field a team and I don’t want any of them relegated to the bench.

But we gotta have a DH, a long reliever, a setup reliever, and a closer. That's 13.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

I’m voting for Biden. My parents are voting for Trump.

Im also a normal person and would never end the relationship with my parents over something so stupid. Some of y’all need to get a fucking grip.

Voting for trump is not a political decision. It either means you are a complete piece of shit, an ignorant moron, or a brainwashed Fox News watching old. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Well, this person with five posts, two of which are in the last five minutes and the other three being supportive of the baker who wouldn't make the gay cake two years ago, is certainly a legitimate and intellectually curious actor.

when Biden is in office, not only will that baker bake that homo cake, but he'll also be forced to suck off one of the grooms at the bachelor party. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

I’ve said this before but back in like 2010 when I first joined, I lurked for two months before I chose a thread about something innocuous to join the asshole hurricane with my first post...I’ll always assume someone jumping right into politics or another contentious thread is either a sock or TexAgs troll.  

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, immamac said:

uh...it starts and stops with government funded programs that the entire public is entitled to already. It's not increasing the entitlement it's making sure the entitlement is equitable not equal. 

Do you understand that the government funds many aspects of your life today? Do you understand what your tax dollars pay for?

I hope youre right about the equity. Just seems like a dumb thing to say we all end up in the same place.  Doesn't seem possible first of all and isn't something I want my president to say. I'd want everyone to get the same opportunities that they want to get and be encouraged to make the most out of them and helped along the way, but if someone isn't capable of being a good doctor or lawyer or plumber or message board moderator, I'd want them to do something else.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

1 minute ago, Section4Row36Seat8 said:

I hope youre right about the equity. Just seems like a dumb thing to say we all end up in the same place.  Doesn't seem possible first of all and isn't something I want my president to say. I'd want everyone to get the same opportunities that they want to get and be encouraged to make the most out of them and helped along the way, but if someone isn't capable of being a good doctor or lawyer or plumber or message board moderator, I'd want them to do something else.  

The same place is not on fucking government funded welfare programs. The reason you have an equitable society is so that everyone has the opportunity to do something with themselves and if they choose not to you then tell them to fuck right off. You don't continue to invest.

• Like 1

Just now, immamac said:

The same place is not on fucking government funded welfare programs. The reason you have an equitable society is so that everyone has the opportunity to do something with themselves and if they choose not to you then tell them to fuck right off. You don't continue to invest.

sounds good. I'll email Kamala and see if she agrees 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

Go watch the video again. Pay attention to the beginning. Notice one person further down the mountain with no rope? Now read the bolded sentence again. Then watch the beginning of the video again. Then read the bolded sentence again.

After you do that about 10 times, go fuck back off to facebook or whtever echo chamber you crawled out of.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1262f8f7fe2a546959aa26c2b2453cd9.jpegExample.

It's one thing for Texags, or someone on Twitter or Facebook, or your crazy ass relatives to say 91% to 9 for Trump, mark it down....but for Fox Business to do so is just head shaking.  Fox's own polling doesn't show anything like that, and yet....here we are.

6 minutes ago, Section4Row36Seat8 said:

In your analogy above, the starting line is college graduation. There were hundreds of thousands of kids that grew up the same years as you that didn't even know that college could be an option for them. The true starting line is birth. From birth, every American or future American will be given not only the same basic resources, but the knowledge of how to maximize those resources. They won't be hungry and they'll have the same public education as those born into higher income houses. Don't worry, you'll still have Ivy League students. You'll still have Rhodes Scholars. The pool of competition will just be larger. As a free-market capitalist, you should embrace that competition.

Simple example: 23% of all children in Texas were food insecure in 2016. source Proper nutrition is essential for behavioral, emotional, and cognitive development in children. That means 23% of children are already falling behind due to no fault of their own. School provided breakfast and lunch is great, but what about dinner, summer, and holidays? The resources are there to prevent this, so why don't we? Equity is making sure that those children are fed.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That song is so unbelievably good.  It's one of those once-in-a-decade tunes, like "Smells Like Teen Spirit" 10 years before or "London Calling" some 13 years prior to that.  Every time I hear it I get completely charged up.  Just an absolute masterpiece in terms of walking the fine line between art and craft, message and mayhem.

Well that plus it was used for the Rose Bowl portion of a great 2005 recap video so it will forever be awesome.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

In your analogy above, the starting line is college graduation. There were hundreds of thousands of kids that grew up the same years as you that didn't even know that college could be an option for them. The true starting line is birth. From birth, every American or future American will be given not only the same basic resources, but the knowledge of how to maximize those resources. They won't be hungry and they'll have the same public education as those born into higher income houses. Don't worry, you'll still have Ivy League students. You'll still have Rhodes Scholars. The pool of competition will just be larger. As a free-market capitalist, you should embrace that competition.

Simple example: 23% of all children in Texas were food insecure in 2016. source Proper nutrition is essential for behavioral, emotional, and cognitive development in children. That means 23% of children are already falling behind due to no fault of their own. School provided breakfast and lunch is great, but what about dinner, summer, and holidays? The resources are there to prevent this, so why don't we? Equity is making sure that those children are fed.

This sounds really good. I'd go for this. The problem is there will be something else inequitable and eventually we are going to have to tell people to f off.  I'm not saying we shouldn't try, I'm just say eventually we will have to realize we can't do everything to make everything equitable.  But I agree, feeding kids a proper diet is something America should be able to do. Its just when and who gets to decide where to stop will then be the power struggle. 

• Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Section4Row36Seat8 said:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1322963321994289154

How the heck am I supposed to vote for this? Trump is a disaster but this is the definition of communism.  There is no way Usain Bolt and I end up at the finish line at the same time even if we start at the same starting line unless someone chains an anchor to him or gives me a jetpack.  And this isn't some right wing rag site. This is her own twitter feed. Stuff like this is scary.  This is a no win scenario.  We screwed America.  

Got any more hot sports opinions you'd like to share?

5 minutes ago, Section4Row36Seat8 said:

This sounds really good. I'd go for this. The problem is there will be something else inequitable and eventually we are going to have to tell people to f off.  I'm not saying we shouldn't try, I'm just say eventually we will have to realize we can't do everything to make everything equitable.  But I agree, feeding kids a proper diet is something America should be able to do. Its just when and who gets to decide where to stop will then be the power struggle. 

So who do we let starve?

47 minutes ago, Section4Row36Seat8 said:

No I don't think people from poor areas should get an inferior education. My concern is more about how do you get people to the same outcome and not end up severely holding back the greatest of us? There is no way I catch up to Bolt without some major help and no mater how much running education you give me/training, there is no way we end up running the same speed. I"m sure you could help me improve my time in the 100 meter dash but ultimately you're gonna have to hold him back or do so much for me that it looks like favoritism/nepotism/cheating to get us to the same results.  

From reading your posts your going to do much better in the new system than you’re doing now

• Haha 4

Simple hypothetical, no condescension intended, but when do parents, in a standard household with means, stop feeding their children? When do they stop paying for their car insurance? When do they stop providing basic necessities? We have the outliers that never leave the home, but the vast majority of kids find themselves on their own in college or when they leave the home. For example, I was on my own dime for most things from the age of 19. I grew up knowing, because it was taught to me, that eventually I will be an adult and that my life will be on my own dime. My dad paid for my cell phone when I was in college, but it was commonly understood that when college is done, I'm paying for my own phone.

There is this fear that "once you start feeding them, then you'll never stop." Our own personal experiences with our own families tell us that isn't true. If children who are in need are educated and prepped for life as an adult, they will know, just as you and I did, that when we venture out on our own it is with the expectation that we learned to take care of ourselves. The old adage "give a man a fish... teach a man to fish" leaves out the part that you didn't let the man starve while you were teaching him.

• Hook 'Em 2