2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/2020/11/02/trump-campaign-releases-stunning-predictions-for-pennsylvania-election-day-n274074

from RedState. They are absolutely convinced they’ve unskewed the polls accurately and Trump is fixing to win bigly. 

The assumption is that the Democrats aren’t going to show up tomorrow. The support for that line of thought is that 65% of Dems told pollsters that they planned to vote by mail and only 1.5 million did. If assume that the equivalent portion of Dems vote in person, they end up with 2.4 million total votes. Since only 15% of republicans planned to vote by mail and 500k of them did, it can be argued that there is going to be a massive Trump lead in in-person voting tomorrow. 

I think there is some validity to that concern, but it seems more likely that more Dems are going to vote in person that were scared of Trump fighting the mail in ballots. 

5 minutes ago, Section4Row36Seat8 said:

This sounds really good. I'd go for this. The problem is there will be something else inequitable and eventually we are going to have to tell people to f off.  I'm not saying we shouldn't try, I'm just say eventually we will have to realize we can't do everything to make everything equitable.  But I agree, feeding kids a proper diet is something America should be able to do. Its just when and who gets to decide where to stop will then be the power struggle. 

I actually think this is a fairly significant point of agreement, and appreciate your open mindedness. I believe the ideal is: start with kids and invest in their nutrition, education, nurturing, and continue helping through post secondary education.. Beyond that, ensure equity in access to capital. The main thing about the disadvantaged is that they don't bitch, moan, beg or complain generally. They grow up and they mostly don't participate. It's the top achievers who succeeded in spite of the challenges they faced that you hear, trying to lift up the people around them. The marginalized don't think anyone gives a shit, and mostly they're right.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

I have another friend who is a “pro-life” Dem, both her and her husband. 

She explained like this:  She herself will never have an abortion, but they don’t’ believe the government should be telling women what to do with their bodies.  Her and her husband are pro-life for their family.  What other people do is their business, but the government shouldn’t be involved. 

They are also pro BLM, pro LGBTQ, pro 2nd but want gun reform, and they are Catholic. 

I’m originally friends with her, and she cusses and drinks like a sailor.

To quote Glen Puddy, “What do I care; you’re the one who’s going to Hell...”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Well, this person with five posts, two of which are in the last five minutes and the other three being supportive of the baker who wouldn't make the gay cake two years ago, is certainly a legitimate and intellectually curious actor.

Its been awesome guys. I'll see you in four years during the next election. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

15 minutes ago, heso said:

The assumption is that the Democrats aren’t going to show up tomorrow. The support for that line of thought is that 65% of Dems told pollsters that they planned to vote by mail and only 1.5 million did. If assume that the equivalent portion of Dems vote in person, they end up with 2.4 million total votes. Since only 15% of republicans planned to vote by mail and 500k of them did, it can be argued that there is going to be a massive Trump lead in in-person voting tomorrow. 

I think there is some validity to that concern, but it seems more likely that more Dems are going to vote in person that were scared of Trump fighting the mail in ballots. 

Ding ding. I’d file that under no shit. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

There it is, signaling the militias.

No, no, see, even the IDEA that he’s calling for violence makes you a “kook.”

I've not at all been one of the people on the side of "he's inciting violence" or "he's gone overboard with his Twitter this time!". I've mostly thought he's just a blowhard idiot, which he is. In fact I've caught flack for being laissez-faire about most of his riling-up of his base. But I agree. He is legitimately trying to both undermine our system of law and elections while at the same time fomenting real-world violence and real-world voter suppression.
This is a scared person with a lot of deep-seated emotional issues who is going to cause a lot of long-lasting damage on his way out. 

That’s always been the end game. It’s why we lose no matter what.

Go watch the video again. Pay attention to the beginning. Notice one person further down the mountain with no rope? Now read the bolded sentence again. Then watch the beginning of the video again. Then read the bolded sentence again.
After you do that about 10 times, go fuck back off to facebook or whtever echo chamber you crawled out of.

Good luck with that. He’s a troll, but an accurate picture of how completely fucking stupid Trumpkins are.

That song is so unbelievably good.  It's one of those once-in-a-decade tunes, like "Smells Like Teen Spirit" 10 years before or "London Calling" some 13 years prior to that.  Every time I hear it I get completely charged up.  Just an absolute masterpiece in terms of walking the fine line between art and craft, message and mayhem.

It really is such an amazing song. It absolutely charges you up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ding ding. I’d file that under no shit. 

Yea, but when almost everything is pointing to Biden winning PA, if you’re really searching for a sign that it will go to Trump, that line item in the Monmouth Poll released today is about the only straw to grasp at right now. 

4 minutes ago, heso said:

Yea, but when almost everything is pointing to Biden winning PA, if you’re really searching for a sign that it will go to Trump, that line item in the Monmouth Poll released today is about the only straw to grasp at right now. 

Yeah- it’s grasping at straws. 
not really- I think what it is is just disinformation campaign to convince their voters it’s not over yet and to show up and vote. 
from the people I’ve talked to it’s certainly working. 

57 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's one thing for Texags, or someone on Twitter or Facebook, or your crazy ass relatives to say 91% to 9 for Trump, mark it down....but for Fox Business to do so is just head shaking.  Fox's own polling doesn't show anything like that, and yet....here we are.

They're doing it to set up backing for trump's "it was rigged against me!" garbage that will follow any loss no matter how it happens. Then shit gets even more crazy

• Fuck You 1

regardless of your definition, what she is pedaling sounds pretty crappy to me. If I bust my butt I'd hope I get recognized for it. And if I slack off and the other guy busts his butt I'd hope he would get rewarded more than me.  I don't want to end up in the same place for unequal work and talent. Whats the incentive to try if we all end up in the same place.  I guess in my earlier scenario Usain Bolt has to come back and pick me up and carry me across the finish line because I'm so damn slow? While that sounds all touchy feely and wonderful, all it is ultimately gonna do is make him sit around playing x box and drinking tigerclaw while he waits for me to catch up so we can cross the finish line together. 

let me get some of that tiger claw comrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, heso said:

It's not that they'll fail to show up and vote.  It's that they requested (didn't receive), requested and received but did not mail-in or drop off due to USPS and R fuckery, or requested, received, completed, and mailed in their ballot but it is not showing as accepted.

Rs are banking on people getting fed up with everything and bailing. I think they're wrong - this will happen, but it won't be en masse and not enough to change outcomes.

36 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

To quote Glen Puddy, “What do I care; you’re the one who’s going to Hell...”

What the fuck is wrong with you?  You're literally quoting the 90's New York equivalent of Ignatius from ACOD, and you call him "Glen"?  Gee thanks, John T. Kennedy O'Doul.  

BOO THIS MAN!  

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

Unlike Hugo, I can read things in parentheses. I mean, it says @ira right fucking there!

OK, but how long did it take you to figure out it was a fake? I'm imagining you with your 401K account info in one browser tab and Actblue in another tab and you trying to decide how much would be worth it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

It's not that they'll fail to show up and vote.  It's that they requested (didn't receive), requested and received but did not mail-in or drop off due to USPS and R fuckery, or requested, received, completed, and mailed in their ballot but it is not showing as accepted.

Rs are banking on people getting fed up with everything and bailing. I think they're wrong - this will happen, but it won't be en masse and not enough to change outcomes.

1.9 million Dems requested mail in ballots. Even if 100% of those returned them successfully, if that’s 65% of the dem vote that’s only 2.9 million votes. 2.9 million won PA last time, but there are more voters and turnout is expected to be higher. Probably takes at least 3.1 if not 3.3 to win PA this year. 

There are currently 600k outstanding mail in ballots. 350 dem, 264 rep, 92 ind. excluding the undecided independents that works out to 398k outstanding mail in ballots for dems, vs 264k mail in ballots for gop. 

The state comes down more to how well the Dems gotv tomorrow than it does to the remaining mail in ballots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/18/2020 at 8:13 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

You guys are falling for the media line.  They'll tell you it's a close race and tune in tomorrow night for the finish.  Meanwhile, Trump's numbers are complete and utter dogshit.  There is no way Biden is losing this race and he'll win states Hillary didn't come close to winning.  People in Wisconsin just stood in line in the cold at the risk of their health to vote against Republicans.  This won't be close.

From me back in April.  Still stand by it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You have to have a stake in a dispute.  So, if Helobious and 'stache have a contract fight, and Brisket thinks that Helobious has a really good argument, and he's my friend, and I really want a ruling for him....I can't sue 'stache for breach of contract.  I'm not a party to the contract, so I have no standing.
This applies across the board.  I'm not a voter in Iowa, so I can't sue about voting fights in Iowa.  That sort of thing.  And it's required for a court to have jurisdiction -- courts only have jurisdiction over fights between real parties in interest.  That's the shorthand.

But what if Jesus is involved? Ya know, like in a GOP voting case?