2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Exhibit A in the motion asking for the recusal of Justice Barrett in all election cases involving Trump/Pence.

Arrogant morons.

didn't even have to change the ssid

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

The Supreme Court should have more sanctity.  It should be fixed at 9.

Should but doesn't. As in, already does not, because it was stolen from the people by republicans exercising raw power to alter the court outside the intent of the framers. Necessitating the use of raw power by the democrats to fix the injustice perpetrated with it. Packing the court doesn't mar the sanctity of the court, to the extent that it was sacred to start. The sanctity of the court has already been marred.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I agree with SBBruin on this one. Changing the rules of the game is very GOPish. Have good policies, win over voters, maintain control of the senate and get more liberal justices to replace Thomas and Alito when the time comes.

What rules are being changed?

1 hour ago, G650 said:

You keep trying this angle, but its just making you look dumb. The support has moved from extreme minority to slightly less extreme minority. Its undercutting whatever idiotic point you are trying to make.

I'm not trying to make a point, I'm trying to figure out how you justify or reconcile this fact. Truly asking, if that makes me look dumb, don't care.  The "slightly less" figure I think underestimates the potential issue. If Biden were getting the support Clinton got (or higher) this race would not be close, not at all.

If Biden loses it's going to be in large part from this shift.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

I have another friend who is a “pro-life” Dem, both her and her husband. 

She explained like this:  She herself will never have an abortion, but they don’t’ believe the government should be telling women what to do with their bodies.  Her and her husband are pro-life for their family.  What other people do is their business, but the government shouldn’t be involved. 

They are also pro BLM, pro LGBTQ, pro 2nd but want gun reform, and they are Catholic. 

I’m originally friends with her, and she cusses and drinks like a sailor.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

She explained like this:  She herself will never have an abortion, but they don’t’ believe the government should be telling women what to do with their bodies.  Her and her husband are pro-life for their family.  What other people do is their business, but the government shouldn’t be involved. 

They are also pro BLM, pro LGBTQ, pro 2nd but want gun reform, and they are Catholic. 

Those people aren't pro-life.  They're anti-abortion.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, G650 said:

That's pretty much the opposite of what Wulaw is saying though. Whatever the anti-Speer is is what he is talking about

Were you expecting me to pay attention?  

im on a door knocking e-seminar, paying attention is kinda on the back burner.

Edited by Bateshorn

5 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Fox Business Network flooding the zone with shit.  Outside of the prime time crew of deplorables on FNC, FBN does Trump's bidding without fail.

Biden needs to keep acting like he's behind, and he should spend as much time as possible in the midwest.  Not that there is much left to do, except the final GOTV

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

The "slightly less" figure I think underestimates the potential issue. If Biden were getting the support Clinton got (or higher) this race would not be close, not at all.

No, thats not true. That's why it is undercutting you. It's like a .1% shift in the electorate, nothing that would make the race "not close".

Look at the example getting the most press, Miami Dade. Clinton had historic numbers there. But Biden doesn't have to get that. His strength with college whites more than offsets if he can just pull Obama numbers in Dade. You know the black dude that set all sorts of black turnout records. If he matches Obama would you say he is having troubling turnout of people of color? Because its going to be pretty hard to square that circle my friend.

20 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I agree with SBBruin on this one. Changing the rules of the game is very GOPish. Have good policies, win over voters, maintain control of the senate and get more liberal justices to replace Thomas and Alito when the time comes.

This is beyond stupid. It’s like saying Poland should have convinced Hitler not to invade. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I enjoy anecdotal stories about peoples familes and friends on here

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Add in myself here. The stark shift in my own personal views is pretty substantial from where I was 4 or 8 years ago. 

Add me to the list.  I've had a gradual shift left since GWB's first term and my disillusionment stemming from the Gulf War/Iraqi WMD lies.  But trump and, more importantly, the GOP's complete capitulation to him, has greatly increased that shift.  I almost feel like a veil's been lifted. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

Add me to the list.  I've had a gradual shift left since GWB's first term and my disillusionment stemming from the Gulf War/Iraqi WMD lies.  But trump and, more importantly, the GOP's complete capitulation to him, has greatly increased that shift.  I almost feel like a veil's been lifted. 

Raises hand

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah you used to be a real tard but you cool now we good

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, G650 said:

I mean, I said something about this in one of these threads earlier. The average American is literally a moron. Everyone agreed whole heartedly but has now ascribed agency to these people they don't have.

Fair point. Every family in America has the one member (at least) who probably shouldn't be allowed to handle the deep fryer unsupervised at Thanksgiving.  Sane people have been arguing for years that, since we have so many morons in our country, we shouldn't work so damn hard to put a gun in as many morons' hands, with as little regulation as possible.  Further, there is one side of the political spectrum expending tremendous effort to try to drastically reduce the number of morons by addressing the conditions in which they become so---there is no money or selfish upside to this, except that is dangerous to our country and our communities to continue this way.  The other side has diametrically opposite priorities. Just look at the budgets. 

Edited by Tigersnake
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

Didn’t need that tonight.

Democrats need to fucking chill with their 2016 PTSD.

As a former Republican, let me tell you that this thing looks very familiar.  You have a very stable race with the Democrat leading in polls of all of the "swing" state--a lot of them aren't really swing states under normal circumstances--that the Republican needs to win.  And in the face of those polls, every Republican pundit is claiming that they need to be unskewed or some other bullshit.  And then you have a bunch of house Republican pollsters like Zogby or Trafalgar out there spewing bullshit.  And the end result is that Republicans are fucking convinced they're going to win.

And then Election Day comes and Mitt Romney gets trounced.

• Hook 'Em 1

The rhetoric from the Dems of doom is absolutely important. They want everyone who would even vote for them to show up. All gas no brakes. 

+7 in the polls? Not good enough. Get out and vote. Worst case we win by +7 best case we fuckstomp by +15. It's a really good strategy and one that Hillary didn't take. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This is the fucking amazing thing to me.  

Do you think that every one of the German people who supported the Nazi party did so because they were SUPER excited about gassing the jews?  Or did a lot of them just go along with the violence, the anti-semitism, and the hateful rhetoric because hey, I like his economic ideas, and the Brown Shirts really helped with trash pickup?  It's damned well the second thing.....but every one of those fuckers is JUST as culpable as every other person who supported the Nazi Party and helped it cement its hold on power.  

I don't give a shit if you enable evil because you love it, because you're okay with it because you get some good stuff in exchange, or because you're just too stupid to realize it.  It doesn't matter.  All three groups were necessary to support a political movement that ended up building gas chambers.  None of those groups get to escape responsibility.  None of them. 

If you haven’t you should read In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Democrats need to fucking chill with their 2016 PTSD.

As a former Republican, let me tell you that this thing looks very familiar.  You have a very stable race with the Democrat leading in polls of all of the "swing" state--a lot of them aren't really swing states under normal circumstances--that the Republican needs to win.  And in the face of those polls, every Republican pundit is claiming that they need to be unskewed or some other bullshit.  And then you have a bunch of house Republican pollsters like Zogby or Trafalgar out there spewing bullshit.  And the end result is that Republicans are fucking convinced they're going to win.

And then Election Day comes and Mitt Romney gets trounced.

Ha. I can’t believe you were ever an unsure the polls guy. That’s funny. But yeah- it’s basically exactly like that race but probably 1 or 2 points left of that. 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

The rhetoric from the Dems of doom is absolutely important. They want everyone who would even vote for them to show up. All gas no brakes. 

+7 in the polls? Not good enough. Get out and vote. Worst case we win by +7 best case we fuckstomp by +15. It's a really good strategy and one that Hillary didn't take. 

I don't think that was really a strategy so much as everyone is legitimately terrified that +7 isn't enough to win 270 electors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

That’s not a good strategy in general. With enough Trump hate going on it might work, but typically you don’t want your voters thinking you are going to lose. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1322963321994289154

How the heck am I supposed to vote for this? Trump is a disaster but this is the definition of communism.  There is no way Usain Bolt and I end up at the finish line at the same time even if we start at the same starting line unless someone chains an anchor to him or gives me a jetpack.  And this isn't some right wing rag site. This is her own twitter feed. Stuff like this is scary.  This is a no win scenario.  We screwed America.  

• Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s not a good strategy in general. With enough Trump hate going on it might work, but typically you don’t want your voters thinking you are going to lose. 

Dude yes you do vote like your life depends on it. That's their whole thing this year. This year only. This isn't like other years. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Section4Row36Seat8 said:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1322963321994289154

How the heck am I supposed to vote for this? Trump is a disaster but this is the definition of communism.  There is no way Usain Bolt and I end up at the finish line at the same time even if we start at the same starting line unless someone chains an anchor to him or gives me a jetpack.  And this isn't some right wing rag site. This is her own twitter feed. Stuff like this is scary.  This is a no win scenario.  We screwed America.  

You don’t know what communism is

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ha. I can’t believe you were ever an unsure the polls guy. That’s funny. But yeah- it’s basically exactly like that race but probably 1 or 2 points left of that. 

I would say that I was unskew-curious.  It was very much an "I want to believe" kind of deal.  But I certainly wasn't surprised when Obama romped.