2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

55 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I like the NYTimes for county by county results online.  Two places I’m going to be watching: Lake, Summer, and Marion in Florida,   And Mecklenberg and Gaston in North Carolina.  

the first three are the Villages.  If Biden can lose competitively there, then Florida is a real dem possibility. The second are the Charlotte suburbs.  If Biden can win Gaston, and fight to a draw in Mecklenberg, then RDU should be able to carry the state for him. Also: the discrepancy between Cooper and Biden should give us a general idea of what ticket splitting may look like.

Some other places to keep an eye on if you think of it are the locations in Blue cities that Barr sent his 'people,' as reported late last week. Milwaukee was one of them and a bunch were in swing states or other places where Biden is favored: Maricopa County in Arizona was another one. It was a good sized list and there were a couple in Texas.

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

"Loyal" and "phone calls":  that could get troublesome.

7 hours ago, yoladu said:

i dont know if it is over, but it was effective. Harris County just shut down 9 of the 10 drive in voting centers for tomorrow for fear of further litigation.

Election day voting is supposed to bigly favor the terrorists errr Republicans.  What a shame if the fats that were counting on rolling up in their sleds can't manage to vote.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope people don’t spend all trying to find rumors about turnout splits.

unless the person has access to real exit polls, they don’t know anything. Today will constantly be “they’re saying this” without defining they.

Yeah, it’s just a little bit of info we have so far today.

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

By all logic, this is the most clear cut race since Clinton beat Dole, if not Reagan over Mondale. But damn if Trump finds that one small path to victory because his lies flipped just enough Midwest votes.

I know that many are worried about the potential of Biden hurting them personally with higher taxes or what-not, but in their heart they must know that Trump is bad for America. Do we want leaders that are liars? And I don’t mean that politicians always tell us what we want to hear but someone that lies about everything.

Vote for someone that you are proud to see in the White House.

If my taxes have to go up in order to get rid of the current Asshole in Chief, then I say it's worth every fucking penny.  It beats the alternative where my taxes went up AND I still got stuck with dotard in the White House.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

tumblr_ns9dm7ZAzJ1rpizwwo3_250.gifv

this is great.

As an aside, son at Ft Leonard Wood in Missouri to get to the polls at 5:30am were over an hour long, with waiting for parking.   He said it felt like gameday around a major stadium... Only everyone had to be quiet about their team.  LOL.

Edited by slorch

FWIW---Libertarian Party quietly discloses they are projecting 2.5mm votes for Jorgensen.  Which, given my experience with the party, means she'll get about half that.  All third party candidates and write-ins will account for less than 2.5% in aggregate in 2020.  It was about 5% in 2016.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

FWIW---Libertarian Party quietly discloses they are projecting 2.5mm votes for Jorgensen.  Which, given my experience with the party, means she'll get about half that.  All third party candidates and write-ins will account for less than 2.5% in aggregate in 2020.  It was about 5% in 2016.  

Let’s hope. Maybe we can reverse the Gary Johnson voter story.

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

By all logic, this is the most clear cut race since Clinton beat Dole, if not Reagan over Mondale. But damn if Trump finds that one small path to victory because his lies flipped just enough Midwest votes.

I know that many are worried about the potential of Biden hurting them personally with higher taxes or what-not, but in their heart they must know that Trump is bad for America. Do we want leaders that are liars? And I don’t mean that politicians always tell us what we want to hear but someone that lies about everything.

Vote for someone that you are proud to see in the White House.

It's pretty much impossible for Biden to hurt me worse with taxes than Donald. I took an unbelievably severe rogering from the irs during Donald's years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Again, FWIW...anecdotal and all that.  Of the 50 or so LP members I keep up with in Texas and a couple hundred nationwide...other than those in state leadership with the party...all are voting for Biden.  Or...so we privately disclosed to one another.  I'll take that as an indicator that probably 2mm+ of Johnson's 2016 voters are breaking for Biden or not voting at all.  The party loyalty is just not there this time around for myriad reasons.  The LP will not be the factor it was in MI or WI last time around.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

What’s the consensus best place to watch results roll in?  CSPAN?  Not interested in breathless hosts wildly gesturing at flashy graphics and amped up, sometimes incorrect commentary...I’ll get that from Hugo here.  

If I was sure of Biden's win, I'd watch Faux News just for the lols of aggy tears.

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Not worried about the early Republican showing. Everyone knows lazy entitled millennials won't get out to vote until they've woken up and had their 2pm avocado toast breakfast.

Not true. I only have avocado toast on Wednesdays

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I like CSpan for a lot of things, myself. But we are going to channel surf most likely tonight just to see who is going to lose it on air.

I made the awful mistake of flipping on to NewsMax TV and hearing Chris Salcedo.    I think my ears are bleeding now.  

Random question. Does anyone live in a neighborhood that has its own polling station? My new hood does which blows mind. I grew up in Shady Hollow which is probably 5x the size of where I'm at now and have never heard of a neighborhood having their own. I'm sure it's because my neighborhood is semi-rural and based on geography not size, bit still strange.

Speaking of. Just pulled in on the way back from day care to peek the line. About 30 deep, people in chairs. Must be taking awhile. Lots of Biden signs at the clubhouse which is surprising given Comal County.

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Again, FWIW...anecdotal and all that.  Of the 50 or so LP members I keep up with in Texas and a couple hundred nationwide...other than those in state leadership with the party...all are voting for Biden.  Or...so we privately disclosed to one another.  I'll take that as an indicator that probably 2mm+ of Johnson's 2016 voters are breaking for Biden or not voting at all.  The party loyalty is just not there this time around for myriad reasons.  The LP will not be the factor it was in MI or WI last time around.  

I'm a 2016 Johnson voter going Biden and mostly (D) 

• Hook 'Em 5

Random question. Does anyone live in a neighborhood that has its own polling station? My new hood does which blows mind. I grew up in Shady Hollow which is probably 5x the size of where I'm at now and have never heard of a neighborhood having their own. I'm sure it's because my neighborhood is semi-rural and based on geography not size, bit still strange.

Speaking of. Just pulled in on the way back from day care to peek the line. About 30 deep, people in chairs. Must be taking awhile. Lots of Biden signs at the clubhouse which is surprising given Comal County.

I’m in a neighborhood with about 2000 houses. Been here 6 years and we have polling location at the welcome center. We are in a formally rural area quickly becoming suburbs.
  • Like 1

I like the NYTimes for county by county results online.  Two places I’m going to be watching: Lake, Summer, and Marion in Florida,   And Mecklenberg and Gaston in North Carolina.  

the first three are the Villages.  If Biden can lose competitively there, then Florida is a real dem possibility. The second are the Charlotte suburbs.  If Biden can win Gaston, and fight to a draw in Mecklenberg, then RDU should be able to carry the state for him. Also: the discrepancy between Cooper and Biden should give us a general idea of what ticket splitting may look like.

NY times was nails with their up to the second probabilities web site.

John king is the wizard of the TV. Plus cnns projection music is bad ass

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

Yeah, what BT said. Unlike Dad dicks which is a real thing. According to Workaholics dad dicks from the 80's early 90's were way bigger and Joe's dad dick is from the 70's sooo....monster! 

You know you're on the Surl, right? We all have much bigger dicks than Hunter or Joe....combined.

3 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Yeah, what BT said. Unlike Dad dicks which is a real thing. According to Workaholics dad dicks from the 80's early 90's were way bigger and Joe's dad dick is from the 70's sooo....monster! 

I feel extremely blessed/ fortunate not to know WTF any of this is...

Shitting on Fox News supports the theory Trump will segue into a competing network when he’s out of office, perhaps rebranding OANN. 

But I hope it’s hard being the face of a network when you’re in prison. At least the color of the outfit may match the makeup (bartered with cigarettes and thousands of unsold bottles of “Trump Water”).

18 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Pretty much every elementary and intermediate school here is a polling place so yes, most of our neighborhoods have their own stations. 

So how worried should I be about Russian fuckery with results? It’s what I woke up thinking about, but don’t know if we’ve “dealt with it” or just really really hope it doesn’t happen (and if it happened, how would we know?)

OK, it’s 6:14 am here, time to start drinking.

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope people don’t spend all trying to find rumors about turnout splits.

unless the person has access to real exit polls, they don’t know anything. Today will constantly be “they’re saying this” without defining they.

Even if they have access to real exit polls it’s a crock of crap usually. Between Election Day being way more GOP likely and the fact that they typically go to urban places (or suburban) but don’t hang out in the sticks you have arrows pointed different directions likely to mess up an exit poll. I wouldn’t even trust those as president Kerry and president Hillary can certainly testify to. 

Channel 200 on directTV is their news mix channel.  Before yesterday it consisted of CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, and the weather channel but for their Election Day coverage they’ve ditched the weather channel and added the very Trumpy Newsmax TV because I don’t know why.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz