2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

There won't really be one so it's fine.

It's going to be fine.

Biden is the president. The CHUDs will cause a little trouble. Might be a couple of dead bodies in some direction. Probably a few suicides. A LOT of hootin' and hollerin' that will mean nothing as soon as it is over.

Whatever. When it comes to transfers of power, it will be pretty unremarkable historically speaking.

I am hoping this is right.  I really, really, really am.  And I don't see it as being impossible.  But my entire life approach is to foresee reasonably possible worst-case scenarios (risk management), and I can't rule out the worst case.  I can't even come close to ruling it out.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

The people of the nation have been using the democratic process to rebuke Donald Trump for weeks and today they will put the final nail in the coffin. Today is a good day.

All day today Trump will be receiving little middle fingers that will ultimately lead to his exit from government.

Good tidings. Be glad.

Why be stressed about something that you want to happen.

The vibes are flowing and they are good vibes.

Again, I'm sure hoping this is right.  I may pick up some Ocean Spray to drink tonight over at GOLL's as we watch returns.

1 hour ago, DigDug said:

And I’ve seen too many fumbles and dropped passes at the goal line.

BUT THIS.  It isn't over till the final whistle blows.  And there's plenty of ways it can go south.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, the best possible case for Trump winning is less likely than a pitcher getting a hit or than recovering an onside kick. 
when the pitcher comes to the plate I usually go take a leak or go buy sheriff blaylocks nachos. 
If you look at the most pessimistic forecasts for trump it’s the equivalent of someone in any 1 particular AB hitting a HR in a baseball game. If you randomly drew one batter each game to hit a HR you’d go broke trying to get that winning ticket. Remember, you’d be getting even odds on a 33 to 1 event. No thank you. This is pretty much over other than a hugely flukey event. It’s over. 

Counterpoint: I saw one of Nolan Ryan's first games as an Astro.  Heard about this young fireballer, and he pitched a great game.  Then he batted....and jacked a HR.  I remember turning to my dad "holy crap!  He can hit, too!"  He had only 5 career HRs.

But I was there when he hit one of them.  It can happen.

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'm more worried about the senate and the Texas house than the presidential. 

I worry about the whole goddamned thing.....

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

These GOP fucks are fascists and they cheat. That’s a reasonable reason for concern IMO. 

.....because this.  It's not just that the GOP can hit an unlikely dinger, it's that they have the ability to move the fences in when they're at bat.

18 minutes ago, slorch said:

Yep.  It will be administered properly and no longer be a threat, per his ads.

All excuses are off the table when cheeto boy departs.

Seriously.   If it's all his fault, then own the outcome afterwords.

Never said Biden wouldn't and shouldn't own the outcome......but remember, he doesn't get to actually do anything till January 20.  And even then, he's got to functionally START a national response, from scratch.  So, he's got to play a shitload of catch-up.  But yeah, I'll damned well grade his performance from the day he takes office.

But make no mistake, the MAGAs say, uniformly, including their god, that it will be OVER.....TOMORROW.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah but there a lot more polling locations for election day. We could have really good numbers without long lines especially as 65% of the electorate has already voted.

Current totals extrapolate to between 43K and 68K total Travis County voters for the day.

Of course, extrapolation is a dicey proposition -- it would not shock me at all if volume picked up as the day goes along.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Current totals extrapolate to between 43K and 68K total Travis County voters for the day.

Of course, extrapolation is a dicey proposition -- it would not shock me at all if volume picked up as the day goes along.

not dicey, but silly.  there is nothing linear about voting throughout the day.  they are dominated by people's schedules, like getting off work.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Poll watching here in Central Austin and it is indeed very slow. Just 45 voters at this precinct as of 10:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

at the pace the whole county is voting so far we'll likely get to 75% turnout. Anything above that is gravy, honestly. Maybe you're just at a slow location

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Never said Biden wouldn't and shouldn't own the outcome......but remember, he doesn't get to actually do anything till January 20.  And even then, he's got to functionally START a national response, from scratch.  So, he's got to play a shitload of catch-up.  But yeah, I'll damned well grade his performance from the day he takes office.

But make no mistake, the MAGAs say, uniformly, including their god, that it will be OVER.....TOMORROW.

I'm guessing the transition team stories will be epic. 

"Biden team show up at DOE and receive a 1 pager transition plan with 3 bullet points"

"Biden team shows up at HHS, doors locked, lights off"

"Biden team arrives at White House to find it abandoned. Doors missing, as well as all copper wiring and plumbing fixtures. MAGA spray painted in Red on several walls."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

It is like my dad taught me: you can sometimes learn all you need to know about a person by simply playing a round of golf for a $5 Nassau. 2020 Trump voter is like that.

THIS.

Shit, well before Trump, I said this about 9/11 truthers.  I think it should be on every juror questionnaire.  It's an easy way to know a whole lot about a person's thoughtful judgment, or lack thereof.

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

"Biden team show up at DOE and receive a 1 pager transition plan with 3 bullet points"

"Biden team arrives at White House to find it abandoned. Doors missing, as well as all copper wiring and plumbing fixtures. MAGA spray painted in Red on several walls."

that's a funny point.  michael lewis wrote that book that talked about the abortion transition was 4 years ago when trump's team just had to show up.  it'll be incredible to have one where they actually have to do some work.

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So cnn is reporting horrifically bad processing rates at the USPS in key battle ground states. 50-65%. Any truth to this and if true holy cow the corruption is ridiculous.

My buddy in Chester says they’ve been waiting weeks for ballots. We r going to urging voters in Lancaster to vote provisional in person. 

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

that's a funny point.  michael lewis wrote that book that talked about the abortion transition was 4 years ago when trump's team just had to show up.  it'll be incredible to have one where they actually have to do some work.

They won't.  If we can get to a transition...there will be nothing.  Seriously, nothing.  Team Biden will get no cooperation from any Trump folks.  Now, there MAY be some higher level functionaries who have survived, and tried to keep agencies and efforts going, so maybe THEY will prepare something for the new admin, because they're eager to see their entity actually functioning and serving the people again.

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

lol, does anyone think that Trump in any way prepared for a transition? I few exuberant staffers might have done so on their own recognizance, but the incoming team (assuming we get there) will be left to do it all on their own. At least biden has some experience with this and can guide his staff and cabinet

edit: what Brisket said

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So cnn is reporting horrifically bad processing rates at the USPS in key battle ground states. 50-65%. Any truth to this and if true holy cow the corruption is ridiculous.

Christ, I need to check out of this for a few hours today for my own sanity but I don’t think I have the will power.  

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, does anyone think that Trump in any way prepared for a transition? I few exuberant staffers might have done so on their own recognizance, but the incoming team (assuming we get there) will be left to do it all on their own. At least biden has some experience with this and can guide his staff and cabinet

None provided and none needed. Just pack your boxes and get out.

8 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

These seem like best case scenarios.

10 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Don't understand why anyone would wait until election day to vote. My wife asked me why the R's vote more on election day than D's. Simple answer: they're dumber. 

Historically minorities have been wary of early voting or mail in voting, probably from decades of voter suppression or fraud affecting their communities.  They typically show up at the polls on ED.  As far as the white voter not using early voting/mail in?  No idea, I would guess because they skew older.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

I hope Kendra Horn wins.

Me too. The dem for US Rep in my district is awesome, but has no chance. He's super black (son of Ghanian immigrants) and a school teacher (with a law degree from Georgetown so definitely qualified). Our current scumbag is a trump loving millionaire who owns a bunch of McDonalds franchises. I just hope to see the dem do better than expected. His was the only yard sign I had up this year.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I think it's possible he goes right at 60% in Oklahoma.  Remember Johnson took 6% in Oklahoma.  Conventional wisdom might say those folks break for Trump, but I think it speaks more to just more Okies that didn't like Hillary (she got 29%, that's just abysmal for even her), and wanted to vote against her but not for Trump.  I think Biden picks up more of that 6% than Trump does this go-around.  Is 2020 like 2016 up there where there was no green party or constitution party or no true independents either?  It was just Rep/Dem/Lib?  If that's the case, I I'd say Oklahoma goes 59/40/1.  1 being because it's Oklahoma.  

We had like six options for president, including Kanye. I don't think they will get more than 1% combined, but I could be wrong. I spoke with some young black guys at a party a few months ago and they said they were voting Kanye because they were convinced trump was going to win by a landslide and thought things needed to "get worse before they can get better." Didn't have time to follow up what that meant, but I hope they eventually came around to vote Biden, for the sole purpose of telling trump to fuck off.

Edited by 'stache

8 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

"Here's the remote. Gorilla Channel is 438."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Don't understand why anyone would wait until election day to vote. My wife asked me why the R's vote more on election day than D's. Simple answer: they're dumber. 

I'm the opposite. I don't fully understand why people vote early. Their were 2-3 hour lines for early voting. I waited 15 minutes this morning.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm the opposite. I don't fully understand why people vote early. Their were 2-3 hour lines for early voting. I waited 15 minutes this morning.

maybe on day 1... I went on day 2 and waited 10 min

Edited by NorthLoop
maybe

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am hoping this is right.  I really, really, really am.  And I don't see it as being impossible.  But my entire life approach is to foresee reasonably possible worst-case scenarios (risk management), and I can't rule out the worst case.  I can't even come close to ruling it out.

Again, I'm sure hoping this is right.  I may pick up some Ocean Spray to drink tonight over at GOLL's as we watch returns.

BUT THIS.  It isn't over till the final whistle blows.  And there's plenty of ways it can go south.

Counterpoint: I saw one of Nolan Ryan's first games as an Astro.  Heard about this young fireballer, and he pitched a great game.  Then he batted....and jacked a HR.  I remember turning to my dad "holy crap!  He can hit, too!"  He had only 5 career HRs.

But I was there when he hit one of them.  It can happen.

I worry about the whole goddamned thing.....

.....because this.  It's not just that the GOP can hit an unlikely dinger, it's that they have the ability to move the fences in when they're at bat.

Nolan was 33 his first year in Houston and had been in the majors for almost 15 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

If you vote for Trump, you are in fact a Nazi enabler. Either because you are an actual deplorable, or, more charitably, through stupidity, gullibility, partisanship or a sort of benign indifference to all things political.

Now, how we treat the piece of shit is entirely another matter. The two should not be conflated.

I have a 2020 Trump voting employee who will not be fired after he votes for Dotard. But he has reached the top of his shit ceiling - employment wise. He obviously has neither the brains, good judgement or morals to hold any position of authority in a group that values those things. He is not a racist or misogynist or homophobe, per him.....but loooooves him Walton and Johnson on the radio.....and loves all things Trump.

Like Milton in Office Space not getting paid, one day he may realize he is not advancing - or being brought on trips the more highly valued employees attend - or assigned important projects. He’ll leave or he won’t. But I’ll never advance him or do anything to facilitate that advancement- ‘cause Trump vote in 2020.

It is like my dad taught me: you can sometimes learn all you need to know about a person by simply playing a round of golf for a $5 Nassau. 2020 Trump voter is like that.

Funny. I bet is someone posted the same thing for say, an Obama voter, they’d be the most racist POS alive.   Rules for thee... and all that. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I went on a random Thursday and waited less than 5 minutes. The biggest holdup was the Sheriff's deputy was changing out the ballot box. They had 25 voting machines at my place for early voting. They typically have maybe 5 on election day since it's done in a school auditorium. You'd be a moron to not take advantage of early voting this year. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Nolan was 33 his first year in Houston and had been in the majors for almost 15 years. 

I know, but I was a kid who only knew what I'd heard about him on the sportscast -- Stros pick up this hot fireballer.  And I saw that on the mound.  And then I saw the freakish HR and thought (wrongly) "hey, dude's a hitter too!"

My point is....even a dude who is a low-percentage hitter jacks a HR every now and then.  Never rule it out.