2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The senate races will all go the same way as the presidential in those states. Trumps getting worked like a speed bag all throughout the country. It’s not really a concern if I’m a Dem. 

Aye, but you're NOT a dem.  So it's a concern to me.  Plus, I'm still not sure I totally trust your intentions.  

giphy.gif

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Fuck. All. Of. Them.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/03/trump-family-political-dynasty-433895

The official said a question has lingered over some of his conversations with the couple: “Will things go back to ‘normal?’”

“Will I go to the Hamptons, or Silicon Valley, or you name it?” the person said. “My sense is that it’s going to be very difficult to go back to that life domestically, but there will be extraordinary new opportunities in the international space.”

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And, take the people putting in a Trump breakfast order and fire them, castigate them and try to make them a non human. That’s what I have learned from reading my betters on this board. If you don’t take this opportunity to cull the herd you are a terrible human being. Just ask brisket. You are a Nazi enabler. 

I voted for Biden. if Trump wins I want eggs Benedict. If Biden wins I want a bacon egg and cheese on an everything bagel. See how that works?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And, take the people putting in a Trump breakfast order and fire them, castigate them and try to make them a non human. That’s what I have learned from reading my betters on this board. If you don’t take this opportunity to cull the herd you are a terrible human being. Just ask brisket. You are a Nazi enabler. 

C'mon man.

Maybe get out the tent for old times' sake and not watch the results for awhile. Snuggling in cold(ish) weather leads to more positive things than the path those words above express.

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Aye, but you're NOT a dem.  So it's a concern to me.  Plus, I'm still not sure I totally trust your intentions.  

giphy.gif

My credibility on this board as a prognosticator is at stake. I would never ever ever dream of monkeying with that. It’s much more important than any sense of partisanship. 

• Haha 2

e4a5f338fe738b9ccd9b0dd117a390e1.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

C'mon man.

Maybe get out the tent for old times' sake and not watch the results for awhile. Snuggling in cold(ish) weather leads to more positive things than the path those words above express.

Those aren’t my words. That’s what I’ve been arguing against on this board for a month- I believe we can disagree without wrecking relationships but I’ve been told, repeatedly that makes me evil and a nazi sympathizer. 
I don’t see you castigating people that are screaming that viewpoint the loudest on here.  
And I like you btw. You are the human embodiment of what American politics should be about as we relate to each other. Thank you for that. Truly. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, heso said:

I voted for Biden. if Trump wins I want eggs Benedict. If Biden wins I want a bacon egg and cheese on an everything bagel. See how that works?

Regardless of party, that's pretty fucking funny on both counts.

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Read a long article yesterday:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/11/09/why-trump-cant-afford-to-lose

In short, he doesn't have many options, which is why he's so desperate to win.  There are looming criminal charges but even if they go away, he owes a staggering amount of money on underperforming assets.  With news that Deutsche Bank wants to unload him (link below), he's backed into a real corner.  The New Yorker article gets into media opportunities and they said he could take over Rush Limbaugh's spot when he dies.  (Nonsense.  Radio is a lot of work and Trump is lazy.)  That leaves him with international work, which means he's basically in exile.  He'll be doing shitty real estate deals in Turkey or something.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/524164-deutsche-bank-seeking-to-offload-three-trump-loans-report

Like a Trump loss today means anything in regards to the Trump political future.  The 2024 GOP candidate will be Trump Jr.  4 years of Trump news network is going to be shouting it to base.  A polished turd like Tom Cotton has no fucking shot at it even though he thinks he's in prime position once Cheeto endorses his son (if he's still around, that is).

Line at my polling station for the first time in the 12 years I’ve lived here. Not a huge line, I’m looking at 15 minutes or so, but again first time I’ve never been in and out. My precinct has one of very few democrats in the state leg. Fingers crossed we can limit dotard to 60% in Oklahoma. That would be a win in my book.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Like a Trump loss today means anything in regards to the Trump political future.  The 2024 GOP candidate will be Trump Jr.  4 years of Trump news network is going to be shouting it to base.  A polished turd like Tom Cotton has no fucking shot at it even though he thinks he's in prime position once Cheeto endorses his son (if he's still around, that is).

No.  Don Jr. makes the orange goon look like Albert Einstein.

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Line at my polling station foe the first time in the 12 years I’ve lived here. Not a huge line, I’m looking at 15 minutes or so, but again first time I’ve never been in and out. My precinct has one of very few democrats in the state leg. Fingers crossed we can limit dotard to 60% in Oklahoma. That would be a win in my book.

I hope Kendra Horn wins.

50 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

So anyone got any good links for live coverage for those of us who cut the cord? I don't really wanna use the CNN/msnbc/whatever main sites. 

Catching up but quoted/repeated cause that’ll be me later today after work.

edit: saw responses on top of pf 388. Thanks!

Edited by achooloco

I think it's possible he goes right at 60% in Oklahoma.  Remember Johnson took 6% in Oklahoma.  Conventional wisdom might say those folks break for Trump, but I think it speaks more to just more Okies that didn't like Hillary (she got 29%, that's just abysmal for even her), and wanted to vote against her but not for Trump.  I think Biden picks up more of that 6% than Trump does this go-around.  Is 2020 like 2016 up there where there was no green party or constitution party or no true independents either?  It was just Rep/Dem/Lib?  If that's the case, I I'd say Oklahoma goes 59/40/1.  1 being because it's Oklahoma.  

Just now, BradInATX said:
2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:
Why does he give a fuck about IN and KY?  They are the deepest red there is.

It will tell us a lot about rural white turnout in PA/MI/WI/OH.

then i'd suggest looking at some rural county in, say, PA.  or maybe MI.  WI, even.  Maybe even OH.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why does he give a fuck about IN and KY?  They are the deepest red there is.

The theory is that if Biden is eating at the leads there then he's likely to have won over similar voters in swing states. I mean we'll get some numbers from swing states at the same time so it just sounds like he's sitting around bored thinking of things to do when the action starts.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:
4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:
then i'd suggest looking at some rural county in, say, PA.  or maybe MI.  WI, even.  Maybe even OH.

Indiana doesn't have early voting which makes it less difficult to see clear results earlier in the night there vs states with big early and mail-ins voting.

Also they close their polls 2 or 3 hours earlier than those other states  they will be the only data we have for like 60-90 minutes  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gap03 said:

On MSNBC, they were noting that Detroit officials had recently dropped projected turnout in the city from 60% to 50%.  Does that make anyone else nervous, or do you think that the MI polls had accounted for lower turnout there?

You are going to make yourself crazy. It’s not going to be close. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

giphy.gif

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

snl needs to turn this into a 1970’s vegas lounge act that trump (baldwin) decides to do post-presidency. where he just wanders around, 6 scotches in, and stumbles through the abuse. 

raging bull style...

Raging Bull (10/12) Movie CLIP - That's Entertainment (1980) HD - YouTube

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

On MSNBC, they were noting that Detroit officials had recently dropped projected turnout in the city from 60% to 50%.  Does that make anyone else nervous, or do you think that the MI polls had accounted for lower turnout there?

53% in 2008, 51% in 2012, 48% turnout in 2016

So better than Clinton but not up to Obama levels.

• Hook 'Em 1