Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

27 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You make excellent electronic points. I hereby award you 1000 internet points, to spend in whatever way you wish to do so. God speed. 

Just don’t associate with people who kneel for the flag. Because that type of behavior will warrant a flogging by the precept of sector 7. 

Keep the points, your non answer will suffice. Continue with the hysterics, it’s hghly entertaining. 

I hope Khan, plays the Wakandi National Anthem and replaces the American Flag with the Wakandi Flag.   Or even better, the use Vader's athem and the Empire's flag.   Tampa Bay can sing the Pirate Anthem and fly a black flag.   Texans' can play the Gallery Furniture Music and make a Mattress Mack flag.

Edited by Nivek

4 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

So is it just the president that can't block people on twitter or does that apply to politicians in general?  Can I still block people?  What's going on here?

i think it applies to all people elected to public office.

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

And yet you bring the Federalist Papers to it as proof that you're a moronic shill.  Post less or use the ignore feature.  The latter is your friend and the first would be ours.  

Federalist papers?  I must’ve missed something. The link I included was pretty straight forward.  Few would disagree that Clapper has been dishonest in the past.  Whatever.  

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Hope all of y'all that still attend NFL games RESPECT THE FLAG during the anthem.  Don't talk, sit down, or do anything that someone else will find disrespectful while the anthem is being sung.  Because some other fan will call you out on it.  Trump/Pence have instilled and celebrated this authoritarian attitude, and it will have an effect in the stands as well. 

The singer better damn well sing the anthem note for note the way it was written. None of this changing the notes, timing, etc to showcase your talent. Extremely disrespectful.

Just now, Post Oak said:

This guy can fuck right off.  Voted with Trump 92% of the time. He can kiss 92% off my ass.

People dont forget Jeff

You can disagree with him on policy and still like him for standing up for American principles.  It’s okay to do that.

Why don’t people get this?!?

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You can disagree with him on policy and still like him for standing up for American principles.  It’s okay to do that.

Because actions speak louder than words. And he's a fucking politician. He seems like an opportunist, nothing more. 

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It's a stand of convenience.  Just like the rest of the Republican patriots, he talks a big game but when it's nut-cutting time he folds like a cheap suit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Thats not what hes doing. Hes speaking about American values.  When it was time for him to stand up for them he bent over. 92% of the time.  Maybe thats a new American value.  We do alot of that now.

Why dont people get this?

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Because actions speak louder than words. And he's a fucking politician. He seems like an opportunist, nothing more. 

What action is he supposed to take?

Because going against Trump as a Republican doesn’t seem like a good political decision.

Y’all hate anyone with an R next their name.  

You’re becoming exactly everything you hate about the Trumpkins.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Post Oak said:

Thats not what hes doing. Hes speaking about American values.  When it was time for him to stand up for them he bent over. 92% of the time.  Maybe thats a new American value.  We do alot of that now.

Why dont people get this?

You act like Trump wrote the legislation himself.

He didn’t write shit.  The GOP peeps wrote it, Trump just signed it.

It's a completely calculated decision.  He's not running for reelection.  He probably has eyes on the Oval Office down the road and he's trying to paint himself as a man of principle who stood up to Trump, except of course when it really counted, which is when he voted on Capitol Hill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What action is he supposed to take?

Because going against Trump as a Republican doesn’t seem like a good political decision.

Y’all hate anyone with an R next their name.  

You’re becoming exactly everything you hate about the Trumpkins.

I thought you were better than this.  Come on, man. 

The NFL kneeling issue and Trump's taking advantage of it is perhaps the best illustration out there of how and why Trump grifted his way into being president. He correctly recognizes it as a lightning rod of trumpkin grievances and takes full advantage even though its really just a bunch of inconsequential bullshit. Here's the thoughts racing through the typical trumpkin head:
Here you have rich, black, "thugs," i.e. a bunch of ungrateful, "stupid nigge_rs" who don't really deserve the shitload of money they are being paid (which one year salary also happens to be 10-30 years of pay for a typical Trumpkin);
kneeling for and disrespecting "the flag" which oh by the way a bunch of God fearing white folk fought to protect (no thanks to the "thugs");
and here come Trump and fan boy Pence to tweet about, stand up to, and walk out if necessary if these ungrateful "thugs" dare to disrespect "the flag" which really means they dare to disrespect YOU and your great old ass whiteness who fought and died for 'Merica. Well maybe not the dying part but you get the point.
"The Wall," "The Hordes" The Thugs" "The Animals" "The Muslim Ban", etc, etc etc. 
Its all just a bunch of race baiting, scaring the white Fox News worshiping olds. Sadly it works. Trump knows that all too well. 

He doesn't recognize any of that, he embodies it. Trump is the manifestation of the worst of America, none of this is some calculated plan. He's a lying racist misogynist narcissist stupid old piece of shit, it's not an act

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's a completely calculated decision.  He's not running for reelection.  He probably has eyes on the Oval Office down the road and he's trying to paint himself as a man of principle who stood up to Trump, except of course when it really counted, which is when he voted on Capitol Hill.

Flake still represents the people that elected him.  He still belongs to the Republican Party.

What vote crossed the line for you? Specifically?

What is he supposed to do now regardless of the past or his possible future political aspirations?

What could he possibly do now to right whatever perceived wrong he has caused you?

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You act like Trump wrote the legislation himself.

He didn’t write shit.  The GOP peeps wrote it, Trump just signed it.

And you act like all the times he voted in line with Trump he was voting for the best interests of the citizenry of America. 

He voted against reinstating Net Neutrality

He voted to repeal the law preventing Internet service providers from sharing your online activities

He voted to repeal rules meant to protect borrowers from discriminatory auto loan practices

He voted to roll back parts of Dodd Frank

Oh, and he voted in favor of the nominations of Betsy DeVos, Scott Pruitt, Ben Carson, and fucking Rick Perry to control our nuclear arsenal, for God's sake!

• Like 6

It's a stand of convenience.  Just like the rest of the Republican patriots, he talks a big game but when it's nut-cutting time he folds like a cheap suit.

Most of that “votes with Trump” stuff is between the 40s votes on procedural stuff, executive calendar, etc. plus, he is a Republican so he votes yes on the same stuff we would get with President Walker, Rubio, or the rest. Those are often shitty things, but I can’t chalk the votes up to a lack of principle.
Trump is most damaging because of his lack of fitness as head of state, not his actions as head of government. Flake rightly resists the former regardless of his feelings about the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Where are the Republicans?

Why aren’t they calling Trump out?

Republican Senator calls Trump out.

Immediately discredited and disregarded as politician doing politician things.

PATHETIC. 

Back off.  It's entirely reasonable to be skeptical of the man's motivations.

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

And you act like all the times he voted in line with Trump he was voting for the best interests of the citizenry of America. 

He voted against reinstating Net Neutrality

He voted to repeal the law preventing Internet service providers from sharing your online activities

He voted to repeal rules meant to protect borrowers from discriminatory auto loan practices

He voted to roll back parts of Dodd Frank

Oh, and he voted in favor of the nominations of Betsy DeVos, Scott Pruitt, Ben Carson, and fucking Rick Perry to control our nuclear arsenal, for God's sake!

Imagine if all the Republican Congressmen with the same shitty voting records spoke out against Trump at once. 

Would that be a bad thing?

whould you rail against them and tear them down?

What good would that do?

What good does it do to attack Jeff Flake when he speaks out against the biggest threat to democracy I’ve seen?

It’s like we’ve been given a gift horse with Flake but everyone wants to put a bullet in his head because he has bad teeth and he smells funny.

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I’m not sure what you find wrong with the Federalist blurb. I also don’t get why people get so blinded by Trump that they cape for James Clapper, John Brennan, James Comey and any other leaders of the military and intelligence agencies whose actions have led to massive destruction, loss of lives, and waste of trillions of dollars. 

Clapper indicated that Trump’s victory is illegitimate.  That means almost nothing to me given his past.

But, but is Donald Trump trustworthy?  Of course not.  But, given the choice between these two untrustworthy sides I call it a draw and say that if you want to negate a national election then the bar is very fucking high for that.  Much higher than some vague implications by some figures who have poor track records and could just as easily be trying to cover their own ass.  Sorry, but I bet the overwhelming majority of Americans would agree with me.  Democrats and Never Trumpers are deluding themselves and should move to more standard ways to combat him than trying to negate his election. 

Ps the football analogy is stupid. 

Donald Trump's trustworthiness isn't relevant. Hardly anyone cares whether he says something. We should all know by now that the guy lies about virtually everything.

I get that you don't like those intelligence officials because of whatever, although it is likely because you feel they are on the side of the deep-state.  I get it. 

The issue that it is becoming apparent is that the 2016 election win by the Trump Campaign is illegitimate. 

FACTS: There is evidence that the Campaign conspired with and received a heavy amount of assistance from Russian intelligence.  We now have evidence that the Trump Campaign was trying to conspire with an Israeli intelligence contractor. These efforts were to gain illegal support to win the 2016 election.

You can think the OU/UT analogy is stupid but it shows that there are consequences for not following the rules and for conspiring.  Clapper is simply expressing what is becoming increasingly obvious, that trump's presidency is illegitimate. 

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

The last time he was on was an abject distaster.  Dude is so unhinged.

Goodie, we are going to get the Whiner-in-Chief who comes unhinged when his thoughts aren’t slowed down by having to type on a phone  

can’t wait for for F&F to tell him he has a busy day and they are cutting him off  

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

I'm sure he's already submitted the questions F&F are permitted/required to ask.

"Mr. President, people are saying that you totally took it to Kim Jung Un by securing the freedom of 3 Americans from North Korea, without preconditions...Americans who'd been taken prisoner because Obama was weak on North Korea. Do you think that's a fair representation of the facts?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I thought you were better than this.  Come on, man. 

I agree with Hugo.  I am/was a R.  On just the things we vote on I would side more often with the Republicans vs Democrats.  You can totally vote along those lines and still call out Trump's bullshit.  99% of what's wrong with his dumbass has nothing to do with any political position.  Hell, he could very easily have been a Democrat running.  He's Trump first, everyone else last.  If he was voted in by Democrats he could very easily be very pro-choice etc.  He doesn't give a fuck.  I wish there were more out there like Flake.  Hell, if Kasich were in congress he'd probably vote with Trump quite often...wouldn't make a shit. 

• Like 2

Believe me, I have no problem with anyone in power calling out Trump.  It's just that I don't think the guy has earned my assumption that he's actually sincere.  I think it's a PR stunt.

The words are great.  The motivation?  Maybe not.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lol at questions.

Trump won’t be answering questions.

It’s going to be a 30 minute tirade sermon of grievances.

Comey, Obama, Hillary, SPYGATE, McCabe, Democrats, emails, obstruction, WITCH HUNT! Russia, Cohen, NO COLLUSION! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The NFL kneeling issue and Trump's taking advantage of it is perhaps the best illustration out there of how and why Trump grifted his way into being president. He correctly recognizes it as a lightning rod of trumpkin grievances and takes full advantage even though its really just a bunch of inconsequential bullshit. Here's the thoughts racing through the typical trumpkin head:

Here you have rich, black, "thugs," i.e. a bunch of ungrateful, "stupid nigge_rs" who don't really deserve the shitload of money they are being paid (which one year salary also happens to be 10-30 years of pay for a typical Trumpkin);

kneeling for and disrespecting "the flag" which oh by the way a bunch of God fearing white folk fought to protect (no thanks to the "thugs");

and here come Trump and fan boy Pence to tweet about, stand up to, and walk out if necessary if these ungrateful "thugs" dare to disrespect "the flag" which really means they dare to disrespect YOU and your great old ass whiteness who fought and died for 'Merica. Well maybe not the dying part but you get the point.

"The Wall," "The Hordes" The Thugs" "The Animals" "The Muslim Ban", etc, etc etc. 

Its all just a bunch of race baiting, scaring the white Fox News worshiping olds. Sadly it works. Trump knows that all too well. 

The thing is: I think Trump actually believes those things; it wasn't a grift. He's not that clever and is just an old, white paranoid Fox News disinformation consumer just like the cohort of out-of-touch dotards who voted for him. We have crazy Uncle Bob as our president.

He also actually believes that not only did Hillary take bribes through the Clinton Foundation in a Pay-For-Play, but that literally everyone else does it too. He's using that to justify his own behavior, but I think he's crazy enough to believe it.  

I think he believes 90% of the shit he says. He surrounds himself with yes men and only speaks to people and crowds that will cheer him and agree with the shit he spews. He sees everyone else as against him and wrong. It’s not some well thought out plan. 

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Goodie, we are going to get the Whiner-in-Chief who comes unhinged when his thoughts aren’t slowed down by having to type on a phone  

can’t wait for for F&F to tell him he has a busy day and they are cutting him off  

Remember when it was the internet that was soooooo mean to ol' Donny?

26 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I think he believes 90% of the shit he says. He surrounds himself with yes men and only speaks to people and crowds that will cheer him and agree with the shit he spews. He sees everyone else as against him and wrong. It’s not some well thought out plan. 

Agreed. He doesn't think about things critically and repeats what he's told. Literally the only way to reach him is to flatter him, so he's surrounded by sycophants. If he didn't before, he believes most of it now. 

On 5/22/2018 at 9:25 AM, Armybrat said:

No, just reacting to the brain dead partisanship  others continue to post. Yeah, we know what Trump is - I said so when he announced he was running. IDGAF if he gets impeached & convicted, he's a deserving candidate for a prison cell - along with most of his crowd.

What amazes me are those who think his political opponents are the answer to our country's ills. They are not, just as DJT never has been. They are as bad as he is but the blinders they hand out are working as planned for the cattle who support them (Both parties).

I gave up on the republicans at the turn of the millennium. Why haven't you people done the same with your own corrupt slimeballs?

Dude, you realize that there are two groups of slimeballs that offset each other somewhat when power is shared between them, right? And when one of those groups gets ahold of a preponderance of power, they really fuck shit up?    And right now, the slime balls on the right are steadily fucking you in the ass if you aren’t white, evangelical or in the upper economic strata?  That’s why people are raging against the GOP machine.  We can talk about both sides being slimeballs when both sides share power more equitably.

Here’s to the blue wave, a red exodus, shared control and a return to ineffectual, zero-sum governance.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Dear leader paying a visit to state TV. 

Since it will be evening here I wanted to suggest a drinking game where you take a shot each time he tells a lie, but I don't think anyone could keep up and if anyone did it would kill them.