Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2018:

GOP loyalists will hold their noses and vote for a few Democrats in protest of Trump doing all the Trump things

2020:

Those same people will vote GOP again and wave "but I voted D in 2018... SC picks" as moral cover lol Trump 2 terms

[edit]

and if Trump doesn't run again those people will pound the Straight R party line vote and cheer while doing it "WE'RE TAKING THE PARTY BACK!" lol

Edited by bad_teammate

QFT.

But it’s ok. All they have to do in order to fight for the country they love is sacrifice their political career. Because they are all true patriots, they’ll do it.

Remember when American leaders pledged their “lives, fortune, and sacred honor” in support of the nation? Now, they won’t even risk their cushy congressional seat. Real heroes.

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

“Shameful, disgraceful, treasonous: Three of the descriptions of what President Donald Trump did today in Helsinki.   Asked whether he believes American intelligence or the Russian thug standing next to him, President Trump declined to stand up for his own people and instead embraced Vladimir Putin. “  - Shepard Smith, Fox News Host

Like TexAgs during a coaching search, threads were getting pulled/people banned on Free Republic, and I saw something about people wanting Shep and Cavuto fired.   Will be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out.

12 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Must-read article:

This part below really hits on the most disturbing part of the whole ordeal, which is hard to describe unless you saw it.  Total debasement:

By the end of the press conference, even Putin looked slightly embarrassed. He wanted Trump to go down in the third round like a bought-off boxer, but Trump kept laying it on thicker and thicker, swooning over the Russian leader, making winky-googly eyes, and repeating the worst tropes of Russia’s propaganda machine. Trump didn’t just roll over. He rolled over, stuck out his tongue, and begged Vladimir Putin to slap on a choke collar and rub his belly. An American president has never before abased himself like this before a foreign leader, and the horrified eyes of every American outside the Trump cult watched in horror.

2 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

I am so curious how Trump is going to bring up removing sanctions. You know he's got to at least try. He is so fucking scared shitless of Putin. 

He will just shout about it on Twitter. There's no deeper or more complex political calculus. He'll just do it the way he always does it.

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Like TexAgs during a coaching search, threads were getting pulled/people banned on Free Republic, and I saw something about people wanting Shep and Cavuto fired.   Will be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out.

"Obviously Trump has knocked this one out of the park! " - Freeper Poster

Edited by Gatorubet

Stolen but

He kept our President waiting for 45 minutes.

He interrupted our President's prepared remarks with his throat clearing.

He demonstrated to the world that he could make our President agree to a patently ridiculous deal.

He lied to everyone in front of our President and was not challenged. 

He showed the world that he could make our President repeat his ridiculous conspiracy theories.

When asked if he had compromising material on our President, he smirked and did not answer the question.

Christ he even threw our President a ball and made him catch it.

What a show. What a coming out party for Vladimir Putin.

25 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Never was but I was proud of the Marksman First Class certificate they sent me to reward my crack shooting of a .22 rifle from the prone position at summer camp. 

I hear they are only getting better and better operating in the prone position.  

Remember that Russian professor who said that the US would break into several states like the Balkans  I remember the thread and we were all laughing at that time, calling him an idiot.....well, he is probably tickled to death now.

1 minute ago, Chapo said:

Remember that Russian professor who said that the US would break into several states like the Balkans  I remember the thread and we were all laughing at that time, calling him an idiot.....well, he is probably tickled to death now.

Hopefully not, this could unite the country but yet again ppl don't care 

GOP senator: Senate should be 'disgusted' by Helsinki summit
© Greg Nash

GOP Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.) blasted President Trump's handling of a joint press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin, saying Monday that every senator should be "disgusted" by the Finland summit. 

"The problem that needed to be named today was Vladimir Putin. Instead, our president decided to advance a fake moral equivalency that plays right into ... Vladimir Putin's bloody hands. Everyone in this body should be disgusted by what happened in Helsinki," Sasse said from the Senate floor. 

He added that Monday "was a terrible day for the American brand, for the American people and our allies."

1 hour ago, Chico_SA said:

That sounds like while growing up in San Antonio, we would always say we were from the Northside or maybe  Northwest side.  We just didn't didn't want to be West side. 

LOL people saying they were from the "Northwest side" were just West siders in denial.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Words. Fuck em. Act, or be complicit in treason. Time to choose, cowards.

Not just now, but moving forward.

If someone's problem with Trump is what he says to/about Russia or his lack of decorum, then there is no actual reason to change.

If you look at Trump's policies and his actual actions as the leader of the executive, he's a GOP dream. Take all of his policies and real actions as president and put them in the body of a politically correct white guy (Huntsman, Kasich, Romney, etc...) and many of the same people bemoaning the state of our nation are as happy as pigs in shit.

The only way a conservative is going to be genuinely useful past the reactionary 2018 mid-terms is if they truly begin to question the fundamental underpinnings of their worldview; if they truly begin to question how their brand of political ideology culminated in the election and largely-successful-in-terms-of-policy-implementation reign of Donald Trump.

Conservative converts who cannot articulate a genuine critique of our neoliberal capitalist state are just going to switch back to Gingrich-worship the second the GOP figurehead reaches the barest level of social and political acceptability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Both of these. Dead serious. Long history of voting largely GOP, and was a member of the NRA for quite some time. Bailed on the NRA first (sweet lord, they started going batshit in the 90s). But, you know, I’m just another libtard.

Former Political Party 1 voter checking in here as well. 

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Not just now, but moving forward.

If someone's problem with Trump is what he says to/about Russia or his lack of decorum, then there is no actual reason to change.

If you look at Trump's policies and his actual actions as the leader of the executive, he's a GOP dream. Take all of his policies and real actions as president and put them in the body of a politically correct white guy (Huntsman, Kasich, Romney, etc...) and many of the same people bemoaning the state of our nation are as happy as pigs in shit.

The only way a conservative is going to be genuinely useful past the reactionary 2018 mid-terms is if they truly begin to question the fundamental underpinnings of their worldview; if they truly begin to question how their brand of political ideology culminated in the election and largely-successful-in-terms-of-policy-implementation reign of Donald Trump.

Conservative converts who cannot articulate a genuine critique of our neoliberal capitalist state are just going to switch back to Gingrich-worship the second the GOP figurehead reaches the barest level of social and political acceptability.

Wtf?  How are his policies and political actions a GOP dream?  His fiscal policy?  His trade BS?  I could go on and on.  He would have the same deplorable 30% if he was a fucking Democrat.  That group just loves the racist/nationalist rhetoric.  Half the deplorables are white union men, traditionally democrats.  Get a fucking grip. 

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Wtf?  How are his policies and political actions a GOP dream?  His fiscal policy?  His trade BS?  I could go on and on.  He would have the same deplorable 30% if he was a fucking Democrat.  That group just loves the racist/nationalist rhetoric.  Half the deplorables are white union men, traditionally democrats.  Get a fucking grip. 

No baby killer judges, brah. And no gay cakes for gays.

40 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Interesting read which explains a lot in such a short amount of space--unfortunately, I have no likes currently.   

Everyone should listen to the episode he does on Preet’s podcast. It really explains why we are here.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

GOP senator: Senate should be 'disgusted' by Helsinki summit
© Greg Nash

GOP Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.) blasted President Trump's handling of a joint press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin, saying Monday that every senator should be "disgusted" by the Finland summit. 

"The problem that needed to be named today was Vladimir Putin. Instead, our president decided to advance a fake moral equivalency that plays right into ... Vladimir Putin's bloody hands. Everyone in this body should be disgusted by what happened in Helsinki," Sasse said from the Senate floor. 

He added that Monday "was a terrible day for the American brand, for the American people and our allies."

The whole speech is worth a listen.

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So does this mean I'm not going to get that lower medical insurance premium and better medical coverage for less that Trump promised during the election?

$12 a year!

I'm 51 years old. Never a member of the Republican party, but voted straight ticket Republican most of my life until 2016 when I didn't like Trump or Hilary and voted Libertarian and mixed in mostly Dems and Libertarians down ballot. I will be voting straight ticket Dem for the foreseeable future, even though I'm not a big fan of that party. It's just that it's far better than what the Republicans have become. I'm very worried for my country.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yeah, that was a badass operation.  Today, we would allow the Russians to inspect one of our subs so that we could "make sure it can't be hacked."  The joint cyber security force is such a fucking joke that I can't believe that Trump hasn't signed onto it already.  After that, we can create a joint Islamic terrorism task force with ISIS.

I propose a joint drug interdiction program with the drug cartels.

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

www.cinematheia.com-Pulp-Fiction.jpg&f=1

These were check sources with tiny amounts of radioactivity used to response check radiation detectors. The cesium ones are very common and anybody could buy one. The plutonium ones are less common but not unusual at universities. They are about as dangerous as a smoke detector.