Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

From that Guardian article, Bannon (not Trump, of course) fired Christie and then

It wasn’t just Christie who had been fired. It was the entire transition team – although no one ever told them so directly. As Nancy Cook reported in Politico, Bannon visited the transition headquarters a few days after he had given Christie the news, and made a show of tossing the work the people there had done for Trump into the bin. Trump was going to handle the transition more or less by himself. Not even Bannon thought this was a good idea. “I was fucking nervous as shit,” Bannon later told friends. “I go, ‘Holy fuck, this guy [Trump] doesn’t know anything. And he doesn’t give a shit.’”

They were about to take control of the portfolio of existential risks managed by the US government. Only they weren’t. On the morning after the election the hundreds of people who had prepared to brief the incoming Trump administration sat waiting. A day became a week and a week became a month … and no one showed up. The parking spots that had been set aside for Trump’s people remained empty, and the briefing books were never opened. You could walk into almost any department of the US government and hear people asking the same question: where were these people who were meant to be running the place?

43 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This thread needs more Susanna Hoffs.

852483822b114f88d41a9e21685f4acb.jpg

The WORLD needs more Susanna.

I know I've told y'all the story about how an adorable Susanna gave 16 year old Brisket a hug.  But I'm gonna tell it again.

I got onto the Bangles tour bus, and Susanna autographed my cassette and gave me a hug.  It was awesome.

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I know I've told y'all the story about how an adorable Susanna gave 16 year old Brisket a hug.  But I'm gonna tell it again.

I got onto the Bangles tour bus, and Susanna autographed my cassette and gave me a hug.  It was awesome.

If Susanna Hoffs had hugged me at 16:

source.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

UnderstatedFlickeringGrayreefshark-small

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Before any of the calls could be made, however, the president of Egypt called in to the switchboard at Trump Tower and somehow got the operator to put him straight through to Trump. “Trump was like ... I love the Bangles! You know that song Walk Like an Egyptian?” recalled one of his advisers on the scene.

There is no fucking way this is legit.  Please tell me there is no fucking way this is legit.

I mean, it can't be legit, right?

hahahaha. They are seriously using the "we're all gonna die anyway so what does it really matter" argument here?

Last month, deep in a 500-page environmental impact statement, the Trump administration made a startling assumption: On its current course, the planet will warm a disastrous 7 degrees by the end of this century.

A rise of 7 degrees Fahrenheit, or about 4 degrees Celsius, compared with preindustrial levels would be catastrophic, according to scientists. Many coral reefs would dissolve in increasingly acidic oceans. Parts of Manhattan and Miami would be underwater without costly coastal defenses. Extreme heat waves would routinely smother large parts of the globe.

But the administration did not offer this dire forecast as part of an argument to combat climate change. Just the opposite: The analysis assumes the planet’s fate is already sealed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-administration-sees-a-7-degree-rise-in-global-temperatures-by-2100/2018/09/27/b9c6fada-bb45-11e8-bdc0-90f81cc58c5d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f93447b33b01

I will have lived in the best place and the best time to be an ordinary person. Never called to war. Never worried about want. Never short of sources of entertainment.

The name of my generation and the ones to either side of it will be cursed aloud for as long as people remember us. We never knew hardship, so we never saw reason to prepare for hardship.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

This is completely par for the course. Deny, deny, deny, deny, obfuscate, lie. Then, throw up hands and say its too late anyway.

• Like 1