Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Someone please talk me off the ledge.

Pelosi was re-elected. Between that, and listening to family members over the holidays, and how I believe Trump will respond to the Mueller investigation, leads me to believe the orange Cheeto is not only going to escape impeachment, he’s going to get re-elected.

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Pelosi was re-elected. Between that, and listening to family members over the holidays, and how I believe Trump will respond to the Mueller investigation, leads me to believe the orange Cheeto is not only going to escape impeachment, he’s going to get re-elected.

Don't look at me, pal.  I'm the founder of team ledge.  And you're spot-on.

• Like 1

Pelosi is the best legislative tactician of her era. She (and Hoyer and Clyburn) needs to go soon because it’s time for orderly succession, but she doesn’t cost them anything except the support of people who will not under any circumstances vote for Democrats. She is probably the best available option to guide the house Dems during this period while they get their bench in order.

17 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Pelosi is the best legislative tactician of her era. She (and Hoyer and Clyburn) needs to go soon because it’s time for orderly succession, but she doesn’t cost them anything except the support of people who will not under any circumstances vote for Democrats. She is probably the best available option to guide the house Dems during this period while they get their bench in order.

Little spoken of fact in this nomination of Pelosi. Last time she got 62 against. This time it was 32. I gotta double check the numbers, but it is within one or two of those. At any rate she cut it in half. That doesn't sound like anything more than some reps knowing their districts need to see them stand up to the bitch from Cali. I don't know who else is going to get that kind of support. Or who knows where to push the buttons like she does. 

24 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It’ll come down to economy in the Midwest.  Good in 2020 and he wins. Bad and he loses.  There are just too few states up for grabs either way to make the race more complicated than that. 

It’ll come down to economy in the Midwest.  Good in 2020 and he wins. Bad and he loses.  There are just too few states up for grabs either way to make the race more complicated than that. 

If the economy is bad, he gets crushed. If it’s good, he will still probably lose. It’s near record low unemployment and the ruling party just lost ~40 House seats. The economy is the only thing that is keeping the GOP competitive.

I am still deeply disappointed in my fellow citizens and fear for the future of our nation, but the likelihood of a second Trump term seems low.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Trump is in office largely because the opponent was Hillary, and she still won the popular election by 3M votes. In the recent midterms, the Dems won the house votes by 9M votes. That was a vote against Trump and the GOP. A vote that took place while the economy is likely much stronger than it will be in two years.

Add in two more years of Trump buffoonery and I just dont see him making those votes back. The only variable that could swing things back in Trumps favor is the Dems fucking things up even worse, which is always a distinct possibility. Keep Hillary the fuck away from the national stage and run a decent candidate that some percentage of moderate republicans(if they even exist anymore) can support and the only shot the GOP has is to run someone other than Trump.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Um, so, iz he ded or wut?

Nah.  Working theory is he just didn't want to deal with the media at the tree lighting dealio, so once that was lit, they hauled ass back to the White House and left the press pool behind.

I mean, that's gotta be stressful.  Standing outside, lighting up a tree and having to possibly answer a question that might be uncomfortable.  

Then again, maybe he was ready for two scoops and some Hannity/Tucker FaceTime

39 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

That’s seriously fucking bullshit. My husband is going back to school this coming spring semester and is using the GI Bill, so this hits close to home. 

That would have hit close to home for me...14 years ago.(they may have changed the amount of time you could use it since then). 

https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/trump-threatens-to-declassify-devastating-docs-about-democrats/

In a wide-ranging, exclusive interview with The Post, President Trump said Wednesday that if House Democrats launched probes into his administration — which he called “presidential harassment” — they’d pay a heavy price.

“If they go down the presidential harassment track, if they want go and harass the president and the administration, I think that would be the best thing that would happen to me. I’m a counter-puncher and I will hit them so hard they’d never been hit like that,” he said during a 36-minute Oval Office sitdown.

The commander-in-chief said he could declassify FISA warrant applications and other documents from Robert Mueller’s probe — and predicted the disclosure would expose the FBI, the Justice Department and the Clinton campaign as being in cahoots to set him up.

giphy.gif

Edited by Anastasis

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Y'all realize how close the tree is to the White House?  It's literally across the street.

Well, you see.  It was greater than 100 yards, so walking back was out of the question.

(yeah yeah Secret Service probably doesn't want any President walking back to the residence at night after such a public event)

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Earlier this month, Trump lost Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Arizona.  He held rallies and personally campaigned for candidates who lost in those states.

That’s well over 50 electoral votes that he cannot make up anywhere else.  And that’s before the tariffs, etc. really start to set in and hurt those states.

Hell, Trump personally campaigned for a decorated fighter pilot in Arizona, and his candidate was defeated by a bisexual atheist.  

• Like 2

https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/trump-threatens-to-declassify-devastating-docs-about-democrats/

In a wide-ranging, exclusive interview with The Post, President Trump said Wednesday that if House Democrats launched probes into his administration — which he called “presidential harassment” — they’d pay a heavy price.

“If they go down the presidential harassment track, if they want go and harass the president and the administration, I think that would be the best thing that would happen to me. I’m a counter-puncher and I will hit them so hard they’d never been hit like that,” he said during a 36-minute Oval Office sitdown.

The commander-in-chief said he could declassify FISA warrant applications and other documents from Robert Mueller’s probe — and predicted the disclosure would expose the FBI, the Justice Department and the Clinton campaign as being in cahoots to set him up.

giphy.gif

Doit.gif
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

If that was true, he would have declassified those documents a long time ago.  

It would be fun to play poker with Trump.  He’s so transparent when he has nothing to play and he’s bluffing.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If that was true, he would have declassified those documents a long time ago.  

It would be fun to play poker with Trump.  He’s so transparent when he has nothing to play and he’s bluffing.  

What if he hasn't read the docs and doesn't intend to but his gut is telling him that's what's in the docs? Because I could absolutely see him dumping the docs, doing a victory dance, and then nothing of substance comes about of it except burning the entire intelligence community. Don't tell me that doesn't sound like a trumpy thing to do

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What if he hasn't read the docs and doesn't intend to but his gut is telling him that's what's in the docs? Because I could absolutely see him dumping the docs, doing a victory dance, and then nothing of substance comes about of it except burning the entire intelligence community. Don't tell me that doesn't sound like a trumpy thing to do

He’s already kinda tried this and got road blocked by DOJ. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

12 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

giphy.gif

Do it you fat idiot. 

I see I was already beaten to this invitations