HBO Max streaming service

Saint Austin

7 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I enjoyed the reunion a helluva lot more than I expected to. I despise clip shows more than just about anything in entertainment, but they avoided that by focusing on a few key scenes and integrating the table reads, which was a nice touch. 

LeBlanc was indeed fat, but as noted, looked like the same dude, just chubbier, like many of us (I didn’t watch his CBS show...was he already packing on the pounds?). Kudrow looked pretty good, maybe a little nip and tuck here and there, but nothing to alter her looks, same for Schwimmer (his was most obvious at the beginning, when he entered the soundstage). Aniston has remained squarely in the public eye, and I suspect we’ve all adapted to any changes she’s had done over the years. There were moments when she looked fine, others where she looked like she was wearing a mask. I’m guessing makeup and lighting are key for her.

Courteney, well, she’s been going down this road for some time. She was already significantly altered during Cougartown, and is now in her Priscilla Presley phase. It’s sad to see such a cute girl/beautiful woman morph into this. I wish more in that world would accept it's ok to have a little age on you. It’s a mental health issue for the patient and malpractice on the part of the doctor.

Matthew is just a sad case, a long history of abuse, with other health problems stacked on top. That’s a hard 51. Someone upthread mentioned his dentures: they can only do so much. He’s probably also lost much of the bone the dentures are expected to rest on, leading to the gaunt lower jaw and labored speech. He still had a spark of wit, it was just difficult for him to deliver it. 

I’m assuming they all made a lot of money to participate (I just looked it up, reportedly $2.5M each), and all six were listed as Producers. Like they did back in the day with their contracts, “One for all, all for one.”  

It looked like Perry had the teeth/dentures done shortly beforehand and hadn't adjusted to them, which might explain why he was slurring a bit.

Wish we could get a Misfits of Science cast reunion, but, well...two out of the four main cast members were dead by '91 (actually pretty sad).
Young Courtney made a young me feel funny. And just realized that Dean Jr. looked a lot more like his dad than I remember.
MV5BOTg5NmJjNjQtYmQwMC00YTZiLTkwZmQtZDliZjIyZGRlYjY0L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

I enjoyed the reunion a helluva lot more than I expected to. I despise clip shows more than just about anything in entertainment, but they avoided that by focusing on a few key scenes and integrating the table reads, which was a nice touch. 
LeBlanc was indeed fat, but as noted, looked like the same dude, just chubbier, like many of us (I didn’t watch his CBS show...was he already packing on the pounds?). Kudrow looked pretty good, maybe a little nip and tuck here and there, but nothing to alter her looks, same for Schwimmer (his was most obvious at the beginning, when he entered the soundstage). Aniston has remained squarely in the public eye, and I suspect we’ve all adapted to any changes she’s had done over the years. There were moments when she looked fine, others where she looked like she was wearing a mask. I’m guessing makeup and lighting are key for her.
Courteney, well, she’s been going down this road for some time. She was already significantly altered during Cougartown, and is now in her Priscilla Presley phase. It’s sad to see such a cute girl/beautiful woman morph into this. I wish more in that world would accept it's ok to have a little age on you. It’s a mental health issue for the patient and malpractice on the part of the doctor.
Matthew is just a sad case, a long history of abuse, with other health problems stacked on top. That’s a hard 51. Someone upthread mentioned his dentures: they can only do so much. He’s probably also lost much of the bone the dentures are expected to rest on, leading to the gaunt lower jaw and labored speech. He still had a spark of wit, it was just difficult for him to deliver it. 
I’m assuming they all made a lot of money to participate (I just looked it up, reportedly $2.5M each), and all six were listed as Producers. Like they did back in the day with their contracts, “One for all, all for one.”  

Just wrapped it up. Agree with the above. I never did watch it much during its run but have really enjoyed the show in syndication. The comedy was sharp. That said, Cindy Crawford can wear Ross’s pants anytime. That’s how you age folks *looks at Courtney Cox*.

7ffd301f5ffd055254a2dd298c6a70cf.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

Cindy Crawford is just a superior human being. On top of being one of the most amazing looking humans ever, she was also valedictorian of her high school and was going to be an engineer (chemical, not choo choo) before understanding modeling was a quicker ticket to the big time. Rande Gerber has been a lucky dude for a long time.

• Like 1

The YouTube app on the Roku is the worst for me, but I do have an older Roku, but yeah, the HBO app can be annoying as hell.

In other news

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/01/media/warnermedia-discovery-company-name/index.html

WarnerMedia and Discovery have revealed the name that their soon-to-be-combined companies will take once they are fused together: Warner Bros. Discovery.

They didn't get into whether Discovery+, and Food Channel, HGTV, etc. would be folded into HBOMax.

On 3/14/2021 at 7:28 PM, Chopper said:

Rome rocks. 9/10th through the first season so far, streaming one or two eps per night. Only disappointment is the cinematography, or lack of it. 

In the middle of season 1 of Rome.  Hoping it doesn't end with toxoplasmosis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 10:35 PM, Brew said:

Watched In the Heights with the family tonight, I have to say it was worth the watch. It ran longer than it needed, but it was definitely well done.

Yeah, seemed a bit long, and I actually nodded off for a few seconds with the Abuela storyline, but I was impressed with much of it. The song “Breathe” is heartbreaking, and anyone with high expectations can relate. The scene on the side of the building takes the legendary Astaire Royal Wedding scene to a new level.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/06/in-the-heights-behind-the-scenes-dance-up-side-of-building-1234645393/

And damn, the actress who played Vanessa (Melissa Barrera) is in amazing shape (Homer Simpson emoji).

On 6/13/2021 at 8:35 PM, Brew said:

Watched In the Heights with the family tonight, I have to say it was worth the watch. It ran longer than it needed, but it was definitely well done.

It totally slipped my attention. I'm looking forward to seeing it now.

I was raised in Washington Heights so I'm looking forward to seeing my old hood on screen.

That’s the Golden State Killer “documentary”/Oswalt late wife debacle,,right? I think I made it thru two episodes before realizing it was one of the worst examples of the genre and gave it up, and I won’t give it another try. And for all that is holy, you can’t possibly suggest there’s a Season 2? Ken Burns is rolling over in his future grave, the notion is so bad

Wow, just saw this shit has a 7.4 on IMDB. WTF? There seem to be many honest reviews (“This is more about Michelle than the GSK, and that’s boring”) but other 10/10 glowing assessments. I suspect Patton may have put out some social media/podcast appeal to garner positive reviews. The 1 star reviews aren’t trolls, Patton, they are from people who actually watched your production. 

Edited by Vito Andolini

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

That’s the Golden State Killer “documentary”/Oswalt late wife debacle,,right? I think I made it thru two episodes before realizing it was one of the worst examples of the genre and gave it up, and I won’t give it another try. And for all that is holy, you can’t possibly suggest there’s a Season 2? Ken Burns is rolling over in his future grave, the notion is so bad

Wow, just saw this shit has a 7.4 on IMDB. WTF? There seem to be many honest reviews (“This is more about Michelle than the GSK, and that’s boring”) but other 10/10 glowing assessments. I suspect Patton may have put out some social media/podcast appeal to garner positive reviews. The 1 star reviews aren’t trolls, Patton, they are from people who actually watched your production. 

I wonder how many comedy specials HBO Max will make Oswalt do as atonement? 3-5 seems like the appropriate range. 

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I wonder how many comedy specials HBO Max will make Oswalt do as atonement? 3-5 seems like the appropriate range. 

3 hours ago, demos said:

Seriously. Was watching and went, “holy shit is that brendan fraser? Fucker is fat.”

Didnt him doing all those stunts back in the day absolutely destroy his body? 

Watched the first episode or two and it was over-indulgent tripe. Then it popped up on my DVR randomly. Quickly deleted.

Seems like Soderbergh’s new movie is streaming on HBO Max. Is it out yet?

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Looks like a July 1 release date, so you’re in luck. I’m currently watching Dog Day Afternoon on the app 🤣

Man, I'm an idiot. Had no idea the movie was called NO SUDDEN MOVE and that was the fat fuck Brendan Fraser movie people were discussing. Saw a bit of the trailer and heard Soderbergh/HBO Max and was intrigued.

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 7:55 PM, HiggyBaby said:

Only just started it. Leblanc appears to have eaten one of Joey’s sisters. That said, he’s still funny and someone I could see grabbing a beer with. He’s the only one of that cast that just comes across like a normal person.

A friend of mine cooked for his family out at his ranch a good bit. He said Leblanc is totally down to earth and normal. He wrenches in his dirt bikes and fixes shit around the house. 

Other than having more bugs than any streaming app (which sucks balls whenever it freezes), still enjoy the programming.  Hacks/Mare definitely brought Jean Smart back to centerstage after a long absence and she should win every award nominated for.  No Sudden Move last night was also outstanding, but can't get Rami Malek as Freddy Mercury out of my head whenever he is in a program. Malek and Denzel Washington killed it in NSM.

2 hours ago, pch said:

Other than having more bugs than any streaming app (which sucks balls whenever it freezes), still enjoy the programming.  Hacks/Mare definitely brought Jean Smart back to centerstage after a long absence and she should win every award nominated for.  No Sudden Move last night was also outstanding, but can't get Rami Malek as Freddy Mercury out of my head whenever he is in a program. Malek and Denzel Washington killed it in NSM.

Don’t forget Watchmen from 2020. Jean Smart was great in that as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm watching No Sudden Moves right now. I'll give Soderbergh credit for telling a Detroit Mob story without it involving the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa. 

Is there any Detroit pizza in it?

Just finished No Sudden Move. Definitely need to watch it again to grab all the detail, but I loved what I saw with the exception of the fisheye. Script was top notch.

Brendan Fraser becomes a better actor with every pound. 

• Hook 'Em 1