Mr. Tuberville goads to Washington

Ricky's one-hitter

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How would a Senate majority leader with balls deal with Tuberville? I don’t know what reprisals Chuck Schumer has at his disposal but his inaction on this makes him look like a pussy. Can’t he at least relocate his office to the basement next to the boiler room or something?

How about use your majority to Change The Fuckin Rules to make "unanimous vote" for military appointments require 25-30 objecting senators??  Tell Mitch wouldn't have done this months ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

How about use your majority to Change The Fuckin Rules to make "unanimous vote" for military appointments require 25-30 objecting senators??  Tell Mitch wouldn't have done this months ago.

Mitch (or his successor) will wait for Schumer to do it, and the next time R's are in power they will do it for something much more onerous and claim Dems were the ones who changed the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 9/6/2023 at 11:20 PM, C-Man said:

They need to invite Tubs out to an aircraft carrier to a bunch of pomp and circumstance and then just push him over the side.

packaging-and-hardware-prototyping-tools

Fuck that. Put him on the gotdam catapult. Or walk him in front of an F-18 at about 50% thrust. Or behind. 

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Mitch (or his successor) will wait for Schumer to do it, and the next time R's are in power they will do it for something much more onerous and claim Dems were the ones who changed the rules. 

Yea  so what.  Mitch is gonna do that regardless of what Schumer does or doesn't do anyway if he deems it important enough to grab power.  No one senator should be able to hold up the routine business of the senate regardless of party.

• Like 2

Allowing single individuals to hold up the business of running the fucking country seems like a massive problem that should be fixed, like yesterday. There are 535 persons elected to Congress and allowing one individual to stop things without any check or balance is literally insane. Even the president doesn't have that type of unilateral powers (with a few exceptions unique to the executive branch and even in those cases the executive can be sued for a judicial check/balance). 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Gotta get Manchin or Sinema on board. Good luck with that 

She sucks and he’s reluctant to fuck with Senate rules 

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Gotta get Manchin or Sinema on board. Good luck with that 

She sucks and he’s reluctant to fuck with Senate rules 

Or get a moderate pub that supports the military to support this change with regards to military appointments.  The point being that have a much better chance of getting Manchin or a pub to jump ship in support of the military than getting Tubby to change his mind.  Regardless, proposing rules change to this idiotic archaic rule, and making each and every senator vote to either support the military or Tubby is good politics and use the power of majority leader.   It's either that or we sit on our hands and try to thoughts/prayers our way out.   The rules have changed.  Dems can't be the only participant playing by old rules of decorum and mutual respect while the other party smears shit on the walls.

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Or get a moderate pub that supports the military to support this change with regards to military appointments.  The point being that have a much better chance of getting Manchin or a pub to jump ship in support of the military than getting Tubby to change his mind.  Regardless, proposing rules change to this idiotic archaic rule, and making each and every senator vote to either support the military or Tubby is good politics and use the power of majority leader.   It's either that or we sit on our hands and try to thoughts/prayers our way out.   The rules have changed.  Dems can't be the only participant playing by old rules of decorum and mutual respect while the other party smears shit on the walls.

Then that “moderate” Republican gets primaried in his next election. 

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How would a Senate majority leader with balls deal with Tuberville? I don’t know what reprisals Chuck Schumer has at his disposal but his inaction on this makes him look like a pussy. Can’t he at least relocate his office to the basement next to the boiler room steam pipe distribution venue or something?

fixed for West Wing-edness

• Hook 'Em 2

Just watched the lowlight reel of the Miss St. vs Auburn game that ended 3-2 with Mr. Tuberville coaching, so this thread bump hits close to home.

@longhornmatt I owe you an apology as maybe you are right and I don't have better things to do than a read a stupid 600 page book.

Edited by animaltobacco11
  • Fuck You 6

18 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Everyone (for the last 4 years and 15 usernames): “EAT SHIT AND DIE!  WE’RE CROWDSOURCING YOU BECAUSE WE HATE YOU!”

Me: suggests he might actually have enough free time to read a book given he has time to read Twitter, watch TikTok, and create a billion usernames on message boards.

And I’m the one that bothers him.  Trolls are weird.

I was legitimately reflecting on the “oh crap I just wasted minutes of my life watching a 15 year old SEC game that ended 3-2, I’ve nothing better to do? Dang it, he was right.”

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I remember watching that game in a bar. At some point both teams were sort of wallowing around mid-field. I blurted out "What the HELL am I watching?" Big Dude next to me said "You are watching BAD FOOTBALL."

I think he's brought that same skill to his new job.

32 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Michael Scott The Office GIF - Michael Scott The Office Steve Carell -  Discover & Share GIFs

Three top military nominees may break through Sen. Tommy Tuberville's months-long blockade on military promotions and confirmations, after Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer set up Senate floor votes for them Wednesday. 

Tuberville has been blocking Pentagon promotions and confirmations over a Pentagon policy to reimburse out-of-state travel for service members seeking abortions. Schumer plans to hold votes Wednesday afternoon on Air Force Gen. Charles Q. Brown, nominated to be chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; Gen. Randy A. Georgia, to be chief of staff of the Army; and Gen. Eric Smith, to be commandant of the Marine Corps. 

Tuberville will not object to their nominations, according to a source familiar with the situation, which is expected to speed up their confirmation.

All three should clear the 60 votes needed to end debate and vote on the actual nomination.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

is this 3 year letterman asshole supposed to be funny?  

His tweets are about as funny as Dilbert. 

Every once in awhile he'll steal a funny line from someone else on twitter, but the rest of his schtick is literally what everyone on rec.sport.football.college was doing in the 90's.

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Every once in awhile he'll steal a funny line from someone else on twitter, but the rest of his schtick is literally what everyone on rec.sport.football.college was doing in the 90's.

The funniest thing about the guy is when someone doesn't realize his schtick and gets in a serious argument with him. His bit isn't funny at all. 

The funniest thing about the guy is when someone doesn't realize his schtick and gets in a serious argument with him. His bit isn't funny at all. 

Yes, his best moments are when he (often) draws people offside. Gary Peterson and Nick Adams (Alpha Male) are much funnier with their content.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Hope nobody shows him this (and all of the branches have it), might get him upset in his quest to turn the clock back to 1947

https://www.navy.com/equal-employment-opportunity-statement

Equality of opportunity is recognized as an essential element of readiness. It is vital to attracting, developing and retaining a top-quality workforce in order to accomplish the strategic mission of the Department of the Navy. It is our policy to ensure that equal employment opportunity (EEO) is fully integrated into the Navy mission with demonstrated commitment from leadership at all levels.

Providing equal opportunity in employment for all employees and applicants through clearly defined Human Resources (HR) and EEO policies and programs gives us the foundation we need to proactively prevent discrimination in employment of any protected class beyond the limitations and requirements of military service and to prohibit acts of reprisal against persons presenting or processing allegations of discrimination.

And I'm sure this would piss him off.

https://armyhistory.org/executive-order-9981-integration-of-the-armed-forces/#:~:text=Truman issued Executive Order 9981,unmatched since the days of

The date 26 July marks an important milestone in United States military history and race relations. On this date in 1948, President Harry S. Truman issued Executive Order 9981, which declared “that there shall be equality of treatment and opportunity for all persons in the armed services without regard to race, color, religion or national origin.” In short, it was an end to racial segregation in the military, a political act unmatched since the days of Reconstruction after the Civil War. 

Has this ever happened before?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/secdef-austin-salary-cut-1-180848504.html

House Republicans on Wednesday approved a measure to slash Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s salary from more than $221,000 annually to less than $1, based on their dissatisfaction with his work so far.

The move has little chance of becoming law, but underscores the growing animosity between conservatives and military leaders reporting to President Joe Biden. House Democrats dismissed the move as little more than a political stunt.

As part of debate on the fiscal 2024 defense appropriations bill, GOP lawmakers approved multiple similar proposals to cut salaries for Defense Department positions they dislike