Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

Ewers, Burton, and Domani Jackson are expected to commit to fOSU this weekend.

This is the nightmare scenario. 

Just wait until all of our regional competition starts raiding us in the transfer portal. Houston? aggy? TCU? SMU? Come on down - it's a fire sale!

When aggy left for the SEC we knew that would mean a recruiting pipeline extension for SEC programs into Texas. Lately, tOSU has been landing some of the state’s best players too. The best Texas HSFB players are going out of state to play CFB more than ever. It’s pretty disappointing 

Edited by perfectchaos007

12 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

When aggy left for the SEC we knew that would mean a recruiting pipeline extension for SEC programs into Texas. Lately, tOSU has been landing some of the state’s best players too. The best Texas HSFB players are going out of state to play CFB more than ever. It’s pretty disappointing 

Due to both A&M and Texas being mediocre and having two braindead coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 104.9, Trey Elling just said that he's hearing in recruiting circles that Herman has been saying some negative things about Ewers, and that stuff got back to the Ewers family and that's how all of this came about.  Also said that Herman made no effort to rectify the comments or keep him committed.  I'm officially on the "he knows his fate and he's burning the place down on his way out."

It was a totally WTF moment. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

On 104.9, Trey Elling just said that he's hearing in recruiting circles that Herman has been saying some negative things about Ewers, and that stuff got back to the Ewers family and that's how all of this came about.  Also said that Herman made no effort to rectify the comments or keep him committed.  I'm officially on the "he knows his fate and he's burning the place down on his way out."

I mean...theres no way....right...I mean he wouldnt actively do that right...right? Fuck he probably did

38 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

That makes zero sense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"Yeah, this kid we've recruited to play quarterback for us, committed back in August, could have gone to Clemson or Ohio State, anywhere... he sucks. What a fag. He's shit."

I can totally see Herman doing that. It's 4D chess. 

Its as a dumb as the poster on IT trying to claim that Carrington was burning everything down knowing he was on the way out. Then Gerry Hamilton and others completely shot it down. Its dumb. Like insanely dumb.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Its as a dumb as the poster on IT trying to claim that Carrington was burning everything down knowing he was on the way out. Then Gerry Hamilton and others completely shot it down. Its dumb. Like insanely dumb.

The only part I find slightly plausible is the "he did nothing to salvage the situation" part, because Herman is a gigantic butthurt pussy and it wouldn't take much for him to blow it off and essentially say "what's wrong with you, you should know better than to believe that stuff" if Ewers heard something he didn't like and wanted clarification. But that's way too complicated to seem likely.

The much more likely explanation is that Ewers committed when he thought he was joining a program on the way up, one filled with talent that was finally going to be properly utilized under a competent OC, and he's now had five games to see that he committed to a mirage (and to hear from other elite recruits about what a mirage it was/is).

He can go to Ohio State and win fifty games in four years and get drafted in the first three rounds, or he can come here and win fifty percent of his games and end his seasons in the Alamo and Texas Bowls and probably get the shit knocked out of himself doing it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

The only part I find slightly plausible is the "he did nothing to salvage the situation" part, because Herman is a gigantic butthurt pussy and it wouldn't take much for him to blow it off and essentially say "what's wrong with you, you should know better than to believe that stuff" if Ewers heard something he didn't like and wanted clarification. But that's way too complicated to seem likely.

The much more likely explanation is that Ewers committed when he thought he was joining a program on the way up, one filled with talent that was finally going to be properly utilized under a competent OC, and he's now had five games to see that he committed to a mirage (and to hear from other elite recruits about what a mirage it was/is).

He can go to Ohio State and win fifty games in four years and get drafted in the first three rounds, or he can come here and win fifty percent of his games and end his seasons in the Alamo and Texas Bowls and probably get the shit knocked out of himself doing it. 

Herman fucked the recruitment up when he never fully handed the reins to Yurcich and decided to continue running his dogshit offense. Herman deserves a ton of blame for a multitude of things but some of these convoluted rumors are just fucking dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Bumped into a buddy of mine today who has some connection to an assistant on Dodge's staff at Southlake. He told me Ewers' de-committing is 100% because he doesn't want to play for Herman. Fix the glitch and perhaps we get back in on Ewers.

CDC (hopefully) right now:

i can fix that dule hill GIF

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Bumped into a buddy of mine today who has some connection to an assistant on Dodge's staff at Southlake. He told me Ewers' de-committing is 100% because he doesn't want to play for Herman. Fix the glitch and perhaps we get back in on Ewers.

I think the most likely scenario is the post before yours.  He committed based on a Yurcich OSU/tOSU offense.  He got a Herman offense.  No bueno.  He does not want to be a battering ram for 3 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

Let's keep the "bullshit" passing to a minimum, there is enough ammo without needing to make up crap. There is ZERO chance Herman is talking shit about a quote "generational" 5-star QB or that said QB would decommit because "it got back to him" and his feelings were hurt or that he actually would believe it anyway.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think the most likely scenario is the post before yours.  He committed based on a Yurcich OSU/tOSU offense.  He got a Herman offense.  No bueno.  He does not want to be a battering ram for 3 years. 

The two scenarios kind of go hand-in-hand.

59 minutes ago, C-Man said:

200.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

This is what happens if you have Barney Fife as your sheriff.  We need an Andy!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

I don’t believe that at all.  Herman’s not that stupid.  

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Exactly. The Tom Herman offense: sputtering, uncreative dogshit - otherwise known as his “vision” - for 3.5 quarters, followed by requiring the QB to play hero ball to erase two score deficits.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

If he didn’t want to play for Herman and he committed to him anyway, he may not be smart enough to qualify for UT. I think it’s clear he wanted to play for Herman & UT, but was very disappointed in how the season has gone so far. Didn’t see the progress he needed to so he bailed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

If he doesn’t commit to Ohio St before we (hopefully) hire Urban.

I came out of the lurking shadows and made an account specifically to be part of following what I thought was going to be an all-time great recruiting class in 2021... Instead we started tripping over ourselves nearly immediately into the cycle, and now we have a steaming pile where there should have been studs up and down the field, specifically OL.   And then the season starts and we get all this shit?  There was zero, zeeeeerrroooo percent chance Herman could recover after honestly the TCU debacle.  Then it's hammered home to every recruit considering us after they watch us during the OU game.    2022 is forever written in stone as being an all-time low class as long as Herman is coach.  Cut him now, today, yesterday... Keeping him does not do a goddamn thing, he's not necessary.  We stand a better chance of beating Okie State without him on the sideline... so what are we waiting for?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Let's keep the "bullshit" passing to a minimum, there is enough ammo without needing to make up crap. There is ZERO chance Herman is talking shit about a quote "generational" 5-star QB or that said QB would decommit because "it got back to him" and his feelings were hurt or that he actually would believe it anyway.

Haha, whatever dude.  I was passing on a quote, but if you feel like it was made up I don’t know what to tell you. Go back and listen to the show, or better yet, check his Twitter where he was asked about it later in the afternoon and doubled down and backed his info, and even gave a tad more detail.

Haha, whatever dude.  I was passing on a quote, but if you feel like it was made up I don’t know what to tell you. Go back and listen to the show, or better yet, check his Twitter where he was asked about it later in the afternoon and doubled down and backed his info, and even gave a tad more detail.

I can provide details for lies too. It presumes that 1) a coach made fun of a recruit, 2) somehow the recruit heard about it, 3) the coach heard the recruit heard about his remark, 4) the recruit knew the coach knew and is now irritated. If they lived in the same house, sure.

1 hour ago, texashorn13 said:

His Twitter seems like he's now trying to wiggle out of it, surprise.

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

He’s in the 2022 recruiting class. Herman is likely gone after this season. He could be gone after the 2021 season and Ewers still wouldn’t be on campus to play under Herman. That makes zero sense. He could have stayed committed and waited to see how things played out if that was the issue. At least until the end of this season.

I think the kid was getting a bunch of shit thrown at him about commiting so early to a shit coached team and how it wasn't going to pan out for him. I'm sure there are still a lot of coaches in his ear, plus other top recruits that are telling him that he needs to get away from the dumpster fire before he gets burned. This approach is to take the heat off of him and he can concentrate on the rest of his season. I don't think he is going to turn around and commit to another school anytime soon. Hopefully Herman gets fired, Meyer gets picked up and Ewers jumps back on board. (please baby Jesus, let this happen)

Edited by Both Tacos
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

He’s in the 2022 recruiting class. Herman is likely gone after this season. He could be gone after the 2021 season and Ewers still wouldn’t be on campus to play under Herman. That makes zero sense. He could have stayed committed and waited to see how things played out if that was the issue. At least until the end of this season.

Right. Ewers' commitment was kind of out of left field anyways IIRC. Maybe he's playing 4D Chess and really wants to play at Texas and figures if he "bails" it forces the BMD's to make power moves to fire Herman and hire Urban, who he'd want to play for? Or he's an idiot HS junior who committed too early and is looking around. All that said, if we make a move and hire Urban, I have to think we'd probably get another look.

I think the kid was getting a bunch of shit thrown at him about commiting so early to a shit coached team and how it wasn't going to pan out for him. I'm sure there are still a lot of coaches in his ear, plus other top recruits that are telling him that he needs to get away from the dumpster fire before he gets burned. This approach is to take the heat off of him and he can concentrate on the rest of his season. I don't think he is going to turn around and commit to another school anytime soon. Hopefully Herman gets fired, Meyer gets picked up and Ewers jumps back on board. (please baby Jesus, let this happen)

This probably won’t be a good weekend for you.
The prayer is that we can flip him once Dennis and others are coaching at UT.
He’s decommitted once, who says he can’t do it again?

Ewers knows exactly what's going on right now. If he commits to OSU, he also knows Dennis may end up at Texas. Therefore, he wouldn't commit to OSU right now unless he was sure he would stick, even if Dennis left. In my opinion, if he commits he's gone, even with Urban coming in.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust
  • RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust