Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Dude, I went to college in Texas, have wife's family in Texas and I'm down there probably 1-2 times a quarter for business.  I'm well aware of the level of casual racism that exists in Texas vs. Colorado.  It's really high, btw.

Motherfucker, I grew up in South Texas and then moved to Colorado for high school.  I had never experienced the level of racism I encountered in Colorado

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Motherfucker, I grew up in South Texas and then moved to Colorado for high school.  I had never experienced the level of racism I encountered in Colorado

Colorado is 4% African American. I'm sure there's zero racism amongst the overwhelmingly white population. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Congrats on having one black head coach in your entire university's history!

Guess Shaka Smart never coached our basketball team.
And apparently, Edrick Floréal hasn't coached our track and field team since 2018. Glad we got that straightened out. 

Say hi to Loren Boebert for us!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Tray Sanders had 15 rushing attempts for 46 yards and 3.1 YPC with a long of 7 yards. he had a 5 yd TD run, 4 yd and 1 yd. that's a Zeke Elliott line if i've ever seen it.

meanwhile Emani Bailey had 14 for 164 and averaged 11.7 YPC.

wonder if TCU wins if they give Bailey 5-10 more carries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chili dog said:

This is a pretty racist comment. What does “acting black” mean? 

Thuggish

That's what they mean in that context and in the context of why he would never coach at Texas or Alabama.

I guarandamntee you Deion would coach at Texas, Alabama, LSU, Florida, wherever the fuck if he wins big. Boosters/fans/colleges want to win--period. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Thuggish

That's what they mean in that context and in the context of why he would never coach at Texas or Alabama.

I guarandamntee you Deion would coach at Texas, Alabama, LSU, Florida, wherever the fuck if he wins big. Boosters/fans/colleges want to win--period. 

“Thuggish” may be what Colorado dude meant, but the suggestion that only black people act that way offends me and is racist. Pigeon-holing one entire race into a negative description is the epitome of racism. 

I’m not shooting the messenger. I was hoping Colorado dude would have the stones to say the quiet part out loud. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Thuggish

I'm by no means a big booster or anything, but I've gotten close enough to the machine at Texas to confidently say that I see a 0% of UT being unwilling to hire someone simply because they're a big personality.

Now, folks without a degree, or significant public issues, those are other problems. Allegedly they really won't budge on the degree thing, and obviously they've found wiggle room on the public issues thing when they really need it.

That said, the minute Chris Beard was accused of what he was accused of, and arrested for it, it didn't matter how badly they wanted to keep the guy. So, being an alcoholic in recovery, that is one thing. Being possibly/probably a woman beater is another.

Deion, at least as far I know, doesn't have anything known that would hinder his ability to get hired at Texas if they wanted him. Not sure on the degree front, I guess. I don't think the charter school stuff would matter much if he'd won big at CU and Texas was hiring.

The notions that Texas wouldn't hire Deion Sanders because of institutional racism, in whatever form that is conveyed by the conspiracy theorist, or because of "rogue boosters", who don't actually exist, are completely and utterly fucking ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

The most racism I ever witnessed in the work world was in Europe. 

Now that just makes sense. Europe boasts a large white population, a lot of healthy people, and rolling hills/mountains to hike like Colorado does. They're natural substitutes.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

The most racism I ever witnessed in the work world was in Europe. 

I spent a ton of time for a few years with a firm based in London. The group within the org that I spent the most time with was led by a Brit of Pakistani descent. He had a very diverse team of people from all walks working under him. He would frequently say some of the most racist shit I'd ever heard in the workplace, and his team wouldn't even challenge it while the meetings carried forward. At happy hours, he was totally unhinged. To this day, the dynamic fascinates and befuddles me. 

The only thing that comes even close to that, for me, in the US is the summer I spent working as a general laborer on the ship channel right after HS. Some of the black folks and white folks had animosity towards one another and both groups talked a ton of shit about/at the Hispanics on the crew. Maybe that's where Chewie spends his working time when in Texas?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

When I was in Colorado lots of people would wear black masks in what I assume was a poor attempt at blackface.  It's one of the most racially disturbing things I've ever witnessed.

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

When I was in Colorado lots of people would wear black masks in what I assume was a poor attempt at blackface.  It's one of the most racially disturbing things I've ever witnessed.

Uhm the weather is cold.  Those are black ski masks 

• Haha 3

Colorado is racist as fuck. 

Like Oregon, Colorado had towns with sundown laws far past southern states. I’ve lived in both as well as san Francisco and here were racists in all of them. Add in the racism towards native Americans and it’s about the same as anywhere else.

Deion has rubbed many of the CU liberal blue bloods the wrong way with his strong Coach Prime personality which is very different than Prime Time as a football player. If he proves successful at CU the SEC would the the place he would be recruited to. The Big10 would not like what he brings. Too many microaggressions and hurt feelings.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’d crush it at - ut, Bama, lsu, fsu, Florida, Aggie 

I agree but LSU feels unique on that list in terms of what an absolute culture fit. The other schools on the list would adapt but LSU is already set up to embrace and deify his brand of personality

Deion at aggy would be the most unbearable display jfc

• Hook 'Em 1

This.  And saying he's more likely to get hired by the tolerant midwest schools like Ohio State and Michigan - LOL.  How many black coaches have they had?
There are more black people in the South than in other parts of the country, Deion's last job was in Mississippi, and his roots are in Florida, Atlanta and Dallas.  He's MORE likely to get a job in the South than somewhere else if he proves he can coach.  Oh yeah, and the South is also the place that cares most about college football and would put up with pretty much anything to win football games.  Stanford and Cal are the places that would legitimately gasp at Deion's persona and his un-PC behavior even if they knew he would win football games.  Auburn would have hired Osama Bin Laden if they thought he would beat Alabama.

I want to steal this. May I?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 4:15 PM, Pancho said:

Thuggish

Pancho- You know damn well that's not what he means. @Chewbacca is saying Prime isn't afraid to let his cultural differences be at the forefront of his image. The way he talks. The music they play in the locker room when he says "give me my theme music". He isn't trying to assimilate, He is saying I am going to be me like it or not. Most of us out there doing well for ourselves take the Grey Slacks approach. Chewbacca is saying Prime isn't doing that, which he is totally correct about. It's hard for me to disagree with Chewy here since Prime IS the first guy like him to be a coach for a non HBCU program that I can think of. All these years no one has hired a Sanders? Maybe the guy has a point. Am I missing a coach in history like that?

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It's hard for me to disagree with Chewy here since Prime IS the first guy like him to be a coach for a non HBCU program that I can think of. All these years no one has hired a Sanders? Maybe the guy has a point. Am I missing a coach in history like that?

image.png.1c28c1e04d9cd7f389a1cd4cd41447c4.png

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Pancho- You know damn well that's not what he means. @Chewbacca is saying Prime isn't afraid to let his cultural differences be at the forefront of his image. The way he talks. The music they play in the locker room when he says "give me my theme music". He isn't trying to assimilate, He is saying I am going to be me like it or not. Most of us out there doing well for ourselves take the Grey Slacks approach. Chewbacca is saying Prime isn't doing that, which he is totally correct about. It's hard for me to disagree with Chewy here since Prime IS the first guy like him to be a coach for a non HBCU program that I can think of. All these years no one has hired a Sanders? Maybe the guy has a point. Am I missing a coach in history like that?

He does wear a cowboy hat and drive a monster truck, though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

It’s definitely what he means. Implying that a Charlie Strong is just assimilating by not peacocking is an interesting take though.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

So what you’re saying is they all wants to be white? Black rage I tell you.

Im.saying, unlike some posters above me, that it's ridiculous to claim he's trying in every way possible to put his cultural differences to the forefront. 

• Fuck You 1

Enough “racist talk” in this Mfg thread! It’s about a collegiate game where a good majority of the players on both sides just happen to be black. Root for the players and “uniform or colors” of the school.

Deion (Prime) is unique. Give him his time and we’ll all see the ramifications of his tenure.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 3:47 PM, Deej said:

Colorado is 4% African American. I'm sure there's zero racism amongst the overwhelmingly white population. 

This reminds me of my senior year at Canon City. There was one “black girl” in a school of about 900-1000 student. When I saw her I thought she looked maybe middle eastern or something, but everybody called her black.  She could have been any ethnicity really, she  just wasn’t cliche white. She got a lot of attention, mostly negative, because of that.  
Also, they’re kind of dicks to their Native American population.   This is 30 years ago, so I’m sure they’re super receptive to Hispanics now also. 
And further more Susan, Casa Bonita is ass my dude!!!

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Deej said:

Im.saying, unlike some posters above me, that it's ridiculous to claim he's trying in every way possible to put his cultural differences to the forefront. 

Lol. No Prime isn't trying TO put his cultural differences to the forefront, he just isn't code-switching like the rest of us do. 

Prime’s appearance on Fox’s Big Noon was awesome! How his infectious character has infused the Buff Nation is remarkable in just a short timeframe and sample size!

Can the Buff’s live up to the hype - we’ll all see, as they have the Nations’ attention. I think he has the tools to do so - IMO. They just need that first big win vs an older P-12 school (week 4+) and look out.

Hook’em!!!