Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

Nobody is advocating or saying that death threats are ever appropriate or acceptable. 

But I mean, aren't we in the FAFO era? Demon time, as the kids call it?

You cheap shot and in a dirty play you break someone's ribs or whatever and cause them to miss 3 weeks, blow up their Heisman chances (whoever minimal they truly were) and play with not only his money but a lot of people's money, you gotta expect some smoke.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Of course there's death threats against the CSU player. This is the type of trash that follows Deion Sanders. Colorado primed to be the new "convicts" Miami in all the worst ways

This is human behavior no matter the fanbase. It’s horrific and is not in line with what he should be dealing with. He should be facing a multi-game suspension and not death threats or personal information being posted about him and his family.

To say that this is just something that “follows Deion Sanders” is either you having a lack of knowledge of humans in general or you just really don’t care for Deion. If you think Texas, Georgia, Clemson or any other school  do not possess these same people within their fanbase then I would like to interest you this nice lot of oceanfront property in Nebraska.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Of course there's death threats against the CSU player. This is the type of trash that follows Deion Sanders. Colorado primed to be the new "convicts" Miami in all the worst ways

I’m not sure whether this is meant to imply any culpability on Sanders’ part. We have a non-CU player taking a terrible cheap shot on a CU player, and you have other people who don’t play for CU reacting inappropriately to the cheap shot.

12 minutes ago, animetobacco said:

Nobody is advocating or saying that death threats are ever appropriate or acceptable. 

You cheap shot and in a dirty play you break someone's ribs or whatever and cause them to miss 3 weeks, blow up their Heisman chances (whoever minimal they truly were) and play with not only his money but a lot of people's money, you gotta expect some smoke.

This. The death threats are wrong, they’re a big deal, and that guy should have thought about it more instead of trying wrongfully to injure a human.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, animaltobacco11 said:

Do you not believe that CU will get their opposing teams best and potentially dirtiest efforts this year, because of all the noise and bravado? I don't think I'm particularly insane or crazy for assuming that.

You think it's a particularly insane or crazy idea to believe that if there were none (or even the normal amount) of the crap talk and drama and "disrespect" being spewed in the lead up to the game that Travis Hunter would NOT have been hurt by a cheap shot

I think it's likely there wouldn't be nearly as much angst, disdain, or hate that clouds these kids and let emotional impulses get the better of them and hit someone late or out of bounds or blind shot, etc.

I blame the CSU kid for his dirty play, I don't blame Travis Hunter, Deion or CU. But let's acknowledge that CU/Deion's go-to-market messaging is provocative, which is putting a target on your back and making yourself loathsome to your rivals and competitors in the zero sum marketplace of competitive college football, and some of these idiots are going to take it personal and unfairly try to hurt you. This is what I think played out last week. 

As I said, I'm more curious to see what the temperature is like coming from Deion and CU when they are 3-2 and if they have the same energy of hype and bravado.

And you’ve been banned again. Good job on reaching double digit bans from the board. Take the hint and stop returning. Find a new place to get people to repeatedly tell you that your presence is not wanted or maybe get yourself a therapist if that’ll do the trick. Coming back repeatedly just to get banned is irrational and unstable behavior.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, animetobacco said:

Lacerated his liver.  He's out 2-4 weeks, minimum.  

I don't condone death threats, but this kid is bad news, going back to HS (went to Fairview in Boulder).  Was involved in a rape case and while he avoided prosecution, he was definitely involved in some fashion.  Had to home school the last semester of his senior year because of it.  People I know who know him say he's likely to end up a registered sex offender at some point.

4 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This season has already been a huge success for them by any metric. And I don't want to discount what they've done on the field, but Nebraska and CSU are for sure not good, and I don't think TCU is a world beater, either.

The hype and storyline for them has been off the charts, disproportionately so. I think they have a better than zero chance of getting boat raced in Corvalis on Saturday.  I'm just interested to see what happens to the hype train if they do indeed get taken on a tour of the wood shed this weekend.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They have literally a "zero percent chance of getting boat raced in Corvalis on Saturday", I promise.

Screenshot(392).thumb.png.6e6623ab4602e8a336dd1af2c056beb9.png

Screenshot(393).thumb.png.670858ed839c50de6719bb72e67daf8a.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Do you also say this about Alabama fans when they sent death threats? What about Kentucky? What about when UT players received death threats from Texas fans? LSU?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

No player is special enough to warrant losers calling in death threats against the opposing player and his family and leaking his personal information. Sorry.

Give me a break. At this rate we're gonna martyr this kid into political office (no cr). You asked why the animosity and I answered, not why the "death threats" It was a dirty play and fuck that dude

• Hook 'Em 1

Very odd how obsessed some people are with the death threats story. First of all, prove it. Nobody seriously thinks anyone is getting killed over that. Second of all, Sanders and Colorado took the high road on all of it after the game. So to act like they somehow are personally orchestrating it, or encouraged it, or as if this player is the first player ever to do something on a football field that causes opposing fan backlash, is dumb.

They had their player cheap shotted and apparently THEY should be the ones who are sorry? Miss me with that shit.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3

Very odd how obsessed some people are with the death threats story. First of all, prove it. Nobody seriously thinks anyone is getting killed over that. Second of all, Sanders and Colorado took the high road on all of it after the game. So to act like they somehow are personally orchestrating it, or encouraged it, or as if this player is the first player ever to do something on a football field that causes opposing fan backlash, is dumb.

They had their player cheap shotted and apparently THEY should be the ones who are sorry? Miss me with that shit.

Its personal!!!

44 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Michael Corleone was at his kid's baptism when the shit went down...just sayin.

21 hours ago, NoName said:

SP+ has the spread at 28 points. the only projection system thats doing well in prediction tracker that I saw (Payne) has it at 12.x points. very interested to see what the average/mean spread is over at prediction tracker once we get further into the week and more systems are updated.

Oregon is one of the few good offenses AND defenses they face this season. Oregon is currently up to the #11 overall SP+ team w/ #2 SP+ Offense and #40 SP+ Defense - before this week they were the #8 F+ (SP++ FEI combined) offense and #44 defense. will update once FEI is updated.

here is Bill C's blurb on CU from the SP+ Week 4 rankings, where he has Colorado at #76 with #50 offense and #102 defense.

image.png.64a4e42ed879e9d564c3f92be883054c.png

here is where the P12 ranks by average SP+

image.png.a49d53b071f3c9703c1e191db3201f59.png

Bill C ranked undefeated teams and here is where CU ranks w/ more info.

F6T3Rf8XIAAs50I?format=jpg&name=large

it's hard to win with a negative Success Rate

F6UA369WIAAQQUb?format=jpg&name=orig

F6UD24qXEAAFgvt?format=jpg&name=large

colorado is a fascinating case study for the rest of the year. 

Did you notice who ranked at the top of your “Net Success Rate” chart?

16 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I was referring to the fact that the Buffs do not play in Corvallis this year.  This week's game is in Eugene and OSU comes to Boulder.

Team has very little quality depth outside WR and RB.  If they start getting injured the season could go south quickly.  Need to get Van Wells (starting center) back ASAP.  His replacement really struggled on Saturday.

Depth is the problem.  What I also question with Deon's stated style of raiding the transfer pool over recruiting is long term development of younger players?  Is it better to plug & play someone from another school with experience over HS players with more potential but need time to adjust and grow?  

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah idk how anyone can see that and take that statistic seriously.

wait, you are shocked that a really not good defense (ULM is #112 in DFEI) got beat by a much better offense (A&M is #24)? in a game where the final was 47-3 and one team scored on every possession before it went into garbage time (7/7 drives)?

sorry that the concept of a success rate confuses you. it is outlined above, but here it is in chart form, in case that's easier for you to understand.

image.png.63170f82e60fd8b527ba99aa0ddecabd.png

FEI's game rankings had the A&M offense's performance as the #9 game played overall this year, in the 98th percentile of games played. they scored on literally every drive they had before it went into garbage time, then punted once, then scored 2 more times in garbage time, then had 1 play for 7 yards to end the game. when a team scores on 9 of 11 drives and punts once when it's in garbage time and then runs 1 play to run out the clock that's generally going to result in them being successful and winning.

their success rate in that game per game on paper was 97th percentile. they were "successful" on 58% of their plays, which is insane.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Depth is the problem.  What I also question with Deon's stated style of raiding the transfer pool over recruiting is long term development of younger players?  Is it better to plug & play someone from another school with experience over HS players with more potential but need time to adjust and grow?  

He has said that he wants 40% portal, 40% grad transfers and 20% high school.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

wait, you are shocked that a really not good defense (ULM is #112 in DFEI) got beat by a much better offense (A&M is #24)? in a game where the final was 47-3 and one team scored on every possession before it went into garbage time (7/7 drives)?

sorry that the concept of a success rate confuses you. it is outlined above, but here it is in chart form, in case that's easier for you to understand.

image.png.63170f82e60fd8b527ba99aa0ddecabd.png

FEI's game rankings had the A&M offense's performance as the #9 game played overall this year, in the 98th percentile of games played. they scored on literally every drive they had before it went into garbage time, then punted once, then scored 2 more times in garbage time, then had 1 play for 7 yards to end the game. when a team scores on 9 of 11 drives and punts once when it's in garbage time and then runs 1 play to run out the clock that's generally going to result in them being successful and winning.

their success rate in that game per game on paper was 97th percentile. they were "successful" on 58% of their plays, which is insane.

What is the predictive value of this model?

6 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

He has said that he wants 40% portal, 40% grad transfers and 20% high school.

If you need immediate results, this is the strategy - what I'm not so sure of is long term success.  He also is very cognizant of this, as he stated in an interview he feels for these HS kids who are being relegated or passed over in lieu of portal/transfer kids and the need to increase scholie limits to help with this.  Let the younger players develop over time.  

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

That aggy sucks a big bag of cocks?

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

of what? success rate? it's a huge part of both FPI and SP+ and is pretty well outlined as a two of the most predictive public performance rates out there along with EPA.

this is an old article from Football Study Hall but if you win the efficiency battle, judged by success rate, you win 83% of the time.

from the same article:

image.png.254b3df38133fb6b619cd156c08b584a.png

from another article around success rate:

Historically, teams that have between a 10-20% advantage in success rate in a given game end up winning the game a whopping 92% of the time!

from a Brian Burke OLD article from 2010, i believe this is based on NFL data

image.png.172cc36c192d7ba1d028753ca660f083.png

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

of what? success rate? it's a huge part of both FPI and SP+ and is pretty well outlined as a two of the most predictive public performance rates out there along with EPA.

this is an old article from Football Study Hall but if you win the efficiency battle, judged by success rate, you win 83% of the time.

from the same article:

image.png.254b3df38133fb6b619cd156c08b584a.png

from another article around success rate:

from a Brian Burke OLD article from 2010, i believe this is based on NFL data

image.png.172cc36c192d7ba1d028753ca660f083.png

So you can predict the outcome of a future game if you know the relative success rates of the 2 teams who haven’t played common opponents? Given the talent discrepancies in college football I don’t see how this can work especially in the first half of a season

19 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I love your charts like you're trying to bigtime me and educate me on the team I follow.  Just fuck off already.  I am well aware that CU likely loses the next 2 games and that they have the possibility to get ugly.  I've already posted as much in this thread if you'd bother to read.

CU's WR and RB rooms are far deeper than the rest of the team, BTW.

what the fuck, man? he's just trying to talk football? why would you be such a dick?

• Hook 'Em 3