The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

22 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Why the fuck would Meadows follow up a rosy PC with contradictory info? What is the point of that, other than to sow confusion?

I agree with you.  I’d just say if we wanted real facts on what’s going on we should ask the Russians.  I guarantee they know more than we do.  

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Sanjay Gupta pointing out that doc said the diagnosis was 72 hours ago. That’s Wednesday morning. Holy shit. Biden test results are going to have me on edge all week.

Biden had 2 different negative tests yesterday.

when is Biden in the clear?

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Also facts

knew he was positive and still travels without a mask to meet with donors. Exposing all the staff as well as those donors

ballgame indeed

Those donors donate because they support Trump’s actions, etc and they want something for their money.

Welp, they got something alright. 

The Art of the Deal, baby. 

20 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I agree with you.  I’d just say if we wanted real facts on what’s going on we should ask the Russians.  I guarantee they know more than we do.  

Probably. But that doesn’t change the fact that counterintelligence is critical in a time like this. And that this administration is a clusterfuck on a good day only makes that job easier.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

He's a piece of shit, but we already knew that.

But if he wants to keep spreading the virus to the base, and if the base keeps wanting to get infected, then...

YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL GIF - Atimetokill  Samuelljackson Sam - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Superhero

Probably. But that doesn’t change the fact that counterintelligence is critical in a time like this. And that this administration is a clusterfuck on a good day only makes that job easier.

That and the government is still an institution with its own emergency systems. That said it’s looking more and more clear that POTUS is in deep doo doo. And for all the glee it’s really not a good thing. It might turn out ok but in the middle of it we have a real live national security situation.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don’t think anyone thinks I disagree. But I do think a president down with a lethal illness is worse. We don’t know the first thing about Pence’s preparedness or whether he’s going to pop up tomorrow testing positive. As much of a Dem as I am, this isn’t a good thing.

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute ... are you all saying that Trump KNEW that he was positive and STILL met with donors or that he knew that he was exposed and still met with donors. There's a big difference there, I think.

If you trust his doctor, he was very clear that Trump was confirmed positive prior to attending both the rally and the fundraising event.

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Someone is eventually going to spill it:  the President quit taking tests sometime ago, because he didn't like having that wand shoved up his nose.

As much as I despise dotard, I concur that shit is fucking painful.

It felt like the swab hit my brain pan then proceeded out the back of my skull.

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute ... are you all saying that Trump KNEW that he was positive and STILL met with donors or that he knew that he was exposed and still met with donors. There's a big difference there, I think.

Depends on who you believe and which statments you want to believe. I think the doctor's statements at the press conference had him knowing when he went but the Whitehouse issued an odd statement from the doc clarifying that by 72 hours he meant 48 hours and 48 ours he meant 24 hours. At a minimum he knew he had been exposed and still went. His reasoning was probably that he was too tough to get it. 

16 minutes ago, troph said:

I don’t think anyone thinks I disagree. But I do think a president down with a lethal illness is worse. We don’t know the first thing about Pence’s preparedness or whether he’s going to pop up tomorrow testing positive. As much of a Dem as I am, this isn’t a good thing.

i mean, it's a pretty safe bet he wouldn't be worse...

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, troph said:

That and the government is still an institution with its own emergency systems. That said it’s looking more and more clear that POTUS is in deep doo doo. And for all the glee it’s really not a good thing. It might turn out ok but in the middle of it we have a real live national security situation.

Exactly. I think he’s in bad shape and they’re throwing out chaff because it’s not clear he won’t be incapacitated soon. 

Why do I feel like I'm dealing with fourth graders trying not to get caught forging the note excusing them from something?

Also, I noticed The Federalist, proud publisher of the take below by Cleta Mitchell back in March, has avoided the topic completely on their Twitter account:

The leftist national media incessantly reports that the spread of the coronavirus is, well, President Trump’s fault. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, always good for the most incendiary and least helpful comments in any difficult situation, said on Sunday, “[T]he president — his denial at the beginning was deadly.”

Then in Joe Biden’s latest effort to be relevant, his campaign has released an ad attacking President Trump for not being sufficiently responsive to the threats of the coronavirus from the “beginning.”

28 minutes ago, troph said:

the lion king eyeroll GIF by DisneyJunior

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Anyone trying to sell crazy on Darth Pence can fuck off. If you're more scared of him than Donald you're a professional pants-wetter.

Pence doesn't strike me as crazy, he does strike me as someone who would at least try and read documents before making a decision. Unless it had to do with LBGQT. I think his mind is made up on that one.

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread